Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,456 members, 7,812,400 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:46 PM

Oprah Says There Is No God ! - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oprah Says There Is No God ! (7891 Views)

Pope Francis Stepping Down, Says ‘there Is No God’ / Only A Fool Says There Is No God. / Oprah Winfrey Opens Church, Founds Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oprah Says There Is No God ! by MRNEL(m): 9:54am On Nov 25, 2009
very good Ogaga, very good.
"Life has a purpose and is purposeless". by You

ok, is that statement true? can it be true? can two mutually exclusive opinion be true?
when you answer "there is no absolute truth"
is that statement "there is no absolute truth" exclusive of itself or inclusive. My brother, Life is either purposeful or not. in Lagos, Abuja,India, or China it is either I am crossing the road or is the bus. not both of us.

ok you mentioned meditations. for Life to have a purpose, your world view of it must answer the question of

what is the source of Life (origin)
what is the source of the evil we see and feel
is their immortality; this man that meditates, in which realm does he achieve it-mental, physical or spiritual and what do you say about that realm, it's source and function
how can a purposeless human being have an in-built desire to attain meaning (everybody has this, and people commit suicide 4 lack of it)? if you say it is as a result of our social evolution; Ogaga, the source

you say we shouldn't ask questions; passivity, but then why make conclusions?. why draw a theory without a hypothesis? You concluded that there is no God, without a question? If you tell me that you ascribe to that opinion because you want to for a reason. it is more understandable.

thanks

as for evolution (in case you go there), the Big bang theory is yet to explain how matter can be created from nothing. millions of galaxy from no where! someone is exercising faith.
thanks
Re: Oprah Says There Is No God ! by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:12am On Mar 25, 2010
[size=13pt]MR NEL i feel your points. . . smiley[/size]
Re: Oprah Says There Is No God ! by MRNEL(m): 1:28am On Mar 25, 2010
it's a pleasure.

in our World where God exists. He has a role and expectation of us. most of all He has made provisions for us. the greatest of all is atonement and for ages man has cried for atonement. below is an article I wrote earlier on the issue:

We see it in the quiet desperation of our souls, the lifeless sacrifices by the road side, in our villages, in the cities, men have sacrificed on altars of clay, of gold and of flesh, for ages the heart of man has cried for atonement.

Thousands, millions, if not billions of sacrificed rams, goats, fowls and sometimes humans will bear testimony to this; the plea for forgiveness.
Besides forgiveness, man has looked outside of himself for help, from time immemorial, He has known of a power greater than him; he has seen it in the rise and fall of the sea, the gentle roar of the thunder, the majestic view of the hilltop, the beauty of the lilies, the beauty of the rainbow, the blossom of the flower and in the face of a baby. Man needing no schooling had known that this world wasn’t for ours only.

In Man’s search for a higher power, He has found names for his findings, He has built majestic altars to them, have carved wood, molded clay, cast iron, bronze, silver and gold, He has made sacred items, foods, animals and performed rites.

Man has gone out of his way to find an object of worship, in the stars, the moon, in angels, in demons and in ourselves.

Modern man came along, smoldering with knowledge, freed of the burden of silly superstition, of “faith’s irrationality, stupidity and obvious lack of objectivity “and has created a God of himself.

He has made goddess of vain beauty, of Madonna’s and mascara babes and has worshipped at her altar. Man has worshipped at the altar of music, of drama, sports and automobiles; his very creation.

As if that were not enough he has at will destroyed himself in the name of women rights, aborting potentialities while fighting for forest preservation and animal rights. Man has given much attention to the kangaroo of Australia, the extinct wildlife of years gone by, the marvels of mars and the moon than the unborn babies in the womb, the dying children in Sudan. We care more for our alligator leather shoes and bags than the alligator, and more for alligator survival than for unborn babies, even when we care for the babies we do so in no different manner than a mother chimpanzee will do for her kids if not less.

A noted scholar looked at the situation and concluded that we have educated ourselves to imbecility, we have romanticized ourselves to impotency and excited ourselves to incredulity that should a young lady adore herself with twice the efforts of a mortician, of paints, colors and shades we would clap, gasp and utter “she looks just like herself, doesn’t she?”.
We are a stranger to ourselves and the sad news is that we might never meet.

To a follower of Jesus Christ who is entangled in this maze in which we often find ourselves albeit without intending to, a lingering cry had been:

Oh Lord what kind of Life do you want me to live?
From whence shall I get the power to live such a Life?
What’s the quality of life you want me to live?
The answer: Be different from the rest of the World.

In the sermon of the mount a message someone aptly dubbed “Christian counter culture” we find the ways of a Holy God.

Jesus is not telling His disciples “in the world you will have tribulations, let’s pack our bags and leave” rather He said “in the world you will have tribulations, but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world”

We are not fighting for victory, we are fighting from victory.

There is a continuous tension between the World and the ways of a Holy God. We are not of this world.

“From the canyons of the mind,
We wander on and stumble blind,
Way through the often tangled maze
Of starless night and sunless days,
Hoping for some kind of a clue
A road to lead us to the truth,
Who will answer, who will answer?

Is our hope in wars not in shells?
Worn round the neck with temple bells
Or deep within some clustered walls
With hooded figures playing shells
Or high upon some dusty shelves
Or in the stars or in ourselves
Who will answer, who will answer?

If the soul is darkened by a fear it cannot name,
When the mind is baffled
And the rules don’t fit the game
Who will answer, who will answer who will answer

Dr. Ravi in “Can man Live without God.”

“Who” will answer?
It is therefore reassuring my friends that in Jesus, the eternal contemporary, we find the answer.

“IS ANYONE THIRSTY?” HE SAID, “LET HIM COME”………………”I AM THE WAY, I AM THE TRUTH, NO ONE COMES TO THE FATHER EXCEPT BY ME”

for more see www.nelsontalks..com
Re: Oprah Says There Is No God ! by Nobody: 1:34am On Mar 25, 2010
theseeker said:

the simple reason why the west is turning to atheism is not that they dont want to believe in god. It is simply that they cannot fathom the christian god- a god that died. No matter how indoctrinated a xtian might be, something within them still struggles with this notion on an anthomorphic god, a god in his (man) own image. A god that slept and eat like him. A god that does not know the last hour. A god that wept and died in the hands of his own creations.
Once a man develops the courage to thrash this false powereless god, he calls himself an atheist and declares 'there is no god' What he does not realise is that he has taken the first step to being a muslim. He has declared the first part of the sha'adah. He has declared 'LA ILAH'. The next step is to recognize the all powerful God that neither sleeps nor slumper and is above all human needs. His name is ALLAH.
Every xtian that converts to islam passes through this stage of athesim (no matter how brief). That stage from 'there is no god' to 'there is no god but Allah'

This guy you dey very funny.

grin grin
Re: Oprah Says There Is No God ! by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:56am On Mar 25, 2010
[size=13pt]Ok people . . . we should stop pretending the unknown is known. . . because time shall come when you create by force time and back up all your claims. . . God does not exist!! . I would never believe in the God the world have ever known . I have my own God and he's the TRUE God of the world. SATAN is our GOD!!
[/size]
Re: Oprah Says There Is No God ! by MRNEL(m): 9:48am On Mar 25, 2010
The Thing about Christianity is that it is not that it has been tested and found wanting but that it has rather been found rather difficult and left untried.
my friend that was saying something on Jesus having to die.

I  understand your point, the cross is a defining issue: it appears foolish, but then where is salvation?
if you understand sin; where is it's salvation? an atonement? washings? or a ram?

only a innocent man can pay a price for a guilty man.
]think on those
Re: Oprah Says There Is No God ! by MRNEL(m): 9:51am On Mar 25, 2010
@Ogaga
you've made your choice. remember it is your choice, the invisible qualities of God, His eternal Godhead and Love has appeared to all men being seen in the things that are created.

you've made a choice; at your time you can change your mind.
the ultimate purpose of life on earth is for one to make this choice; to choose God!

and there is unfortunately only one way to Him: His way.
Re: Oprah Says There Is No God ! by Ogaga4Luv(m): 10:04am On Mar 25, 2010
[size=13pt]Ok! man i feel you. . . .Choice do matter's alot but most people have make the wrong turn. . . God is a confussion and i think he deserve more than trash from human beings for been so careless if really he's a loving God who created this world and humans for a specific purpose. smiley[/size]
Re: Oprah Says There Is No God ! by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:16pm On Jun 29, 2010
smiley smiley smiley
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]Ok! man i feel you. . . .Choice do matter's alot but most people have make the wrong turn. . . God is a confussion and i think he deserve more than trash from human beings for been so careless if really he's a loving God who created this world and humans for a specific purpose. smiley[/size]

Re: Oprah Says There Is No God ! by yesboss20(m): 3:50pm On Aug 25, 2010
It's common. People are entitled to their opinions and no man can fight God's cause.
Re: Oprah Says There Is No God ! by Ogaga4Luv(m): 8:56pm On Aug 25, 2010
[size=13pt]Yep! Oprah have every reason to say that and i don't blame her . . . you know? she's on the right path . grin[/size]
Re: Oprah Says There Is No God ! by Nobody: 12:03pm On Nov 15, 2010
@ poster the sign of the end time, but the bible say don't answer a fool according to his or her folly
Re: Oprah Says There Is No God ! by favouredjb(f): 4:47pm On Nov 15, 2010
Who cares what she says,her opinion doesn't matter
Re: Oprah Says There Is No God ! by kambo(m): 12:44am On Nov 16, 2010
if you can't accept a God you can't see you will eventually bow to a god
you can see and feel and that builds schools in zulu land for her kin mates.
oprah says, oprah is deity so some people ,especially mind zapped women.
why is she not um pregnant and with child anyway?
she should be pumping her babies with her philosophies not airing
in public.
when a media personality says rubbish it makes headlines and her fans
call it truth.
Re: Oprah Says There Is No God ! by phonixy(m): 7:32am On Nov 16, 2010
The bible clearly stated'its only a fool dat will admit dat there is no God!!! She is faithless!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Belgian MP: 'Muslim Immigration To Europe Is A Trojan Horse Invasion' / 5,000,000 Jews And The God :is The Israelites God Powerless / Will A Sinner Who Pays Tithe Make Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.