Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,221 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

Oshiomhole Presides Over His Last Executive Council Meeting In Edo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole Presides Over His Last Executive Council Meeting In Edo (16745 Views)

President Buhari Looking Good At Federal Executive Council Meeting (Photos) / President Buhari Presides Over Federal Executive Council Meeting (Photos) / Buhari Presides Over The Federal Executive Council Meeting In Abuja - photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oshiomhole Presides Over His Last Executive Council Meeting In Edo by chie8: 9:53am On Nov 10, 2016
Governor Adams Oshiomhole, yesterday, presided over his last State Executive Council session as Governor of Edo State and commended members of the Council for their steadfastness, commitment, industry and resourcefulness which contributed to the success of his administration.

Speaking at the valedictory exco session at the Government House, Benin City, Wednesday, Governor Oshiomhole said, “Let me thank each and every one of you for what God has used you to do for our people, for our great state. Let me say publicly that I do believe the evidence is there, that members of this state executive council are the least paid and work the hardest compared to any other state that I know of. I also know that we have had to work long hours. I recall a meeting we had, starting at 9.00 am, no adjournment and staying all the way to 7.00 am the following day. No break, no adjournment. We all agreed that we would do that and we would not adjourn until we had addressed the issue of the viability of this state so that we can deliver on our promises.”

He said, “I want to thank all of you. May God bless you; may God reward you. And we must have a sense of collective ownership of everything that happened while we were here. I want to apologise to those I harassed, and there is hardly anyone I didn’t, but it can be both ways. I wanted everything to be perfect. The harder I strived towards perfection, the more I realise that it can’t be, and I am still striving. I was always afraid to fail; it has been in nature. I didn’t design it. Thank you for tolerating a lot of that and for appreciating that nothing was personal.

“I am proud of each and every one of you, and as Odubu said, let’s see ourselves as members of a particular class, like you have members of an alumni association, you have a particular class. May God preserve this class, and may the membership of this class continue to advance.”

Oshiomhole continued, “With Godwin, I think one of us is taking over. We have a sense that the man who chaired our economic team with whom we had debates is going to continue. My prayer is that he will avoid our own mistakes and build on our strength and that the economic environment will be sufficiently enabling to enable him to do all of the good things I know he has in his heart, because what brought us together was the Edo project. I know he has passion; he has a commitment; he has the energy and he has the honesty of purpose, and above all, he has the competence. What he will need from us is the prayer for God to enable him to do so well that this club of which he was a member, he will be an example of how members of this club are performing and growing from strength to strength. Thank you so very much.”

Also speaking, the State Deputy Governor, Dr. Pius Odubu said, “I recall with nostalgia the very early days of our relationship. The very first time we met with regard to this project was in Abuja, and it was as if we had known each other for donkey years. We bonded as brothers. I recall again the trying moment, the trying period when our mandate was stolen. You provided exemplary leadership. Mr. Governor, sir, to say that you have performed beyond previously established boundaries will be to state the obvious.

“To also say that you began well and ended well will also be to state the obvious. Mr. Governor, sir, you have changed the Edo narrative.”

Dr. Odubu continued, “Before now, many of us were ashamed to identify ourselves as coming from Edo State. Today, we hold our heads high in various places to say, we are bonafide Edo indigenes. I want to thank you. My association with you has made me a better man.

In you, Nigerians have found a man who is worthy of emulation, a man that is selfless, a man that is dedicated not only to the course of Nigerians but the course of the common man. You have proved that tough times don’t last, but tough people do. You have taught us to fight; you have taught us to fight well. Be rest assured of your place in history because you did the greatest good for the greatest number of people in the shortest possible time. It remains for me, therefore, with blessed assurance to wish you a blessed future. I wish you all that you wish yourself.

Other members of the Edo State executive council took turns to pay glowing tributes to the Governor while the Governor thanked them one after the other

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/11/oshiomhole-holds-valedictory-exco.html

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Presides Over His Last Executive Council Meeting In Edo by Nobody: 10:22am On Nov 10, 2016
The curtain is about to fall on the eight years rule of the comrade governor. This goes to show that power is transient and ephemeral—nobody can hold on to it forever. I wish Osho Baba good luck in his future endeavors. He came, he saw, and he conquered. May the godfathers he retired remain in perpetual retirement.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole Presides Over His Last Executive Council Meeting In Edo by coolbreezy01: 10:29am On Nov 10, 2016
I like him only because he did more that his predessecors

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole Presides Over His Last Executive Council Meeting In Edo by stinggy(m): 10:30am On Nov 10, 2016
Oshio baba with his signature khaki he used in deceiving people for good 8 years...

Yes he tried more than his predecessors, but his last 4 years were nothing to write home about.

4 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Presides Over His Last Executive Council Meeting In Edo by martineverest(m): 2:39pm On Nov 10, 2016
tho,ur first tenure was better than second,which was a looting tenure.nonetheless,u are the best governor of edo state,ever.u have successfully overtaken ambrose alli.

I will personally admit that road networks and educational infrastructure were outta this world.

I think obaseki's tenure,in collaboration with oba ewuare II will be far better than urs.

Long live,my edo pipo!

6 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Presides Over His Last Executive Council Meeting In Edo by Franchise21(m): 2:41pm On Nov 10, 2016
Mr Governor Sir, no doubt ur tenure was far better than ur Predecessor Chief Igbinedion... I hope the incoming Obaseki or Ize-Iyamu will do better.

Goodbye Mr Comrade Governor

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Presides Over His Last Executive Council Meeting In Edo by chriskosherbal(m): 2:41pm On Nov 10, 2016
Farewell governor
Re: Oshiomhole Presides Over His Last Executive Council Meeting In Edo by DIKEnaWAR: 2:43pm On Nov 10, 2016
I don't know why I have a good feeling about Obaseki. He is going to be better than Oshiomhole(who by the way is a lying, thieving hypocrite and depraved maniac).

I see Obaseki falling out with Oshiomhole very soon. He will align with the Tinubu faction while Oshiomhole and the gang in Abuja headed by El rufai and his boy Fashola will team up with the short khaki wearing devil.

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Presides Over His Last Executive Council Meeting In Edo by Badgers14: 2:48pm On Nov 10, 2016
What were his achievements in office

Some one should please enlighten me as i dont live in Edo state.

Thank you
Re: Oshiomhole Presides Over His Last Executive Council Meeting In Edo by sirOrubebe: 2:49pm On Nov 10, 2016
E should leave Clara behind sha. Na State property she be

4 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Presides Over His Last Executive Council Meeting In Edo by Nobody: 2:49pm On Nov 10, 2016
yawning undecided

he will still be the governor of the state for the next 4years, wont be official but he will still be in-charge

Godwin is an empty minded clown, with the mental might of a puppet

enough with this ludicrous charade, don't patronize your people with your foolishness #garbage face(back to back)

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole Presides Over His Last Executive Council Meeting In Edo by Kingbuhari(m): 2:50pm On Nov 10, 2016
chie8:
Governor Adams Oshiomhole, yesterday, presided over his last State Executive Council session as Governor of Edo State and commended members of the Council for their steadfastness, commitment, industry and resourcefulness which contributed to the success of his administration.

Speaking at the valedictory exco session at the Government House, Benin City, Wednesday, Governor Oshiomhole said, “Let me thank each and every one of you for what God has used you to do for our people, for our great state. Let me say publicly that I do believe the evidence is there, that members of this state executive council are the least paid and work the hardest compared to any other state that I know of. I also know that we have had to work long hours. I recall a meeting we had, starting at 9.00 am, no adjournment and staying all the way to 7.00 am the following day. No break, no adjournment. We all agreed that we would do that and we would not adjourn until we had addressed the issue of the viability of this state so that we can deliver on our promises.”

He said, “I want to thank all of you. May God bless you; may God reward you. And we must have a sense of collective ownership of everything that happened while we were here. I want to apologise to those I harassed, and there is hardly anyone I didn’t, but it can be both ways. I wanted everything to be perfect. The harder I strived towards perfection, the more I realise that it can’t be, and I am still striving. I was always afraid to fail; it has been in nature. I didn’t design it. Thank you for tolerating a lot of that and for appreciating that nothing was personal.

“I am proud of each and every one of you, and as Odubu said, let’s see ourselves as members of a particular class, like you have members of an alumni association, you have a particular class. May God preserve this class, and may the membership of this class continue to advance.”

Oshiomhole continued, “With Godwin, I think one of us is taking over. We have a sense that the man who chaired our economic team with whom we had debates is going to continue. My prayer is that he will avoid our own mistakes and build on our strength and that the economic environment will be sufficiently enabling to enable him to do all of the good things I know he has in his heart, because what brought us together was the Edo project. I know he has passion; he has a commitment; he has the energy and he has the honesty of purpose, and above all, he has the competence. What he will need from us is the prayer for God to enable him to do so well that this club of which he was a member, he will be an example of how members of this club are performing and growing from strength to strength. Thank you so very much.”

Also speaking, the State Deputy Governor, Dr. Pius Odubu said, “I recall with nostalgia the very early days of our relationship. The very first time we met with regard to this project was in Abuja, and it was as if we had known each other for donkey years. We bonded as brothers. I recall again the trying moment, the trying period when our mandate was stolen. You provided exemplary leadership. Mr. Governor, sir, to say that you have performed beyond previously established boundaries will be to state the obvious.

“To also say that you began well and ended well will also be to state the obvious. Mr. Governor, sir, you have changed the Edo narrative.”

Dr. Odubu continued, “Before now, many of us were ashamed to identify ourselves as coming from Edo State. Today, we hold our heads high in various places to say, we are bonafide Edo indigenes. I want to thank you. My association with you has made me a better man.

In you, Nigerians have found a man who is worthy of emulation, a man that is selfless, a man that is dedicated not only to the course of Nigerians but the course of the common man. You have proved that tough times don’t last, but tough people do. You have taught us to fight; you have taught us to fight well. Be rest assured of your place in history because you did the greatest good for the greatest number of people in the shortest possible time. It remains for me, therefore, with blessed assurance to wish you a blessed future. I wish you all that you wish yourself.

Other members of the Edo State executive council took turns to pay glowing tributes to the Governor while the Governor thanked them one after the other

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/11/oshiomhole-holds-valedictory-exco.html
I see brown envelope's

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Presides Over His Last Executive Council Meeting In Edo by sirOrubebe: 2:51pm On Nov 10, 2016
Osho looks like who is about to be beaten by these men...

Re: Oshiomhole Presides Over His Last Executive Council Meeting In Edo by Evii: 2:53pm On Nov 10, 2016
stinggy:
Oshio baba with his signature khaki he used in deceiving people for good 8 years...

Yes he tried more than his predecessors, but his last 4 years were nothing to write home about.
Re: Oshiomhole Presides Over His Last Executive Council Meeting In Edo by Blessoladejo(f): 2:56pm On Nov 10, 2016
Bye bye to a comrade thief
Re: Oshiomhole Presides Over His Last Executive Council Meeting In Edo by anderkruse(m): 2:59pm On Nov 10, 2016
Oshio pls come and tell me how you scouted lara
Re: Oshiomhole Presides Over His Last Executive Council Meeting In Edo by computer0810(m): 3:02pm On Nov 10, 2016
that room does not befit a state executive room, don't know if any1 see's what am seeing
Re: Oshiomhole Presides Over His Last Executive Council Meeting In Edo by eezeribe(m): 3:03pm On Nov 10, 2016
BABA PLEASE COME BACK TO THE LABOUR UNION..

WE MISS YOU
Re: Oshiomhole Presides Over His Last Executive Council Meeting In Edo by LorDBolton(m): 3:09pm On Nov 10, 2016
Pius odubu summarised everything.

To think we have all forgotten how ashamed edo people living outside the state felt.

Infact once u hear benin, the preceeding word. Must be ANCIENT city.

Our women tagged whores and our boys armed robbers.

People forget so easily the state of infrastructure in the state... thats what. 'time' does to us all.

My area was flooded for a whole month, now it's very dry, If I didn't experience it it'd say point-blank no way the water could reach this levels.

Kudos for a good job done mr adams... kudos

And to mr obaseki, we expect u to do better. So we forget oshio's achievements the way we don't remember tinubu's achievements here...

If we remember oshio's achievements then mr obaseki it means you failed.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole Presides Over His Last Executive Council Meeting In Edo by Boring: 3:15pm On Nov 10, 2016
He already has a job waiting for him in Abuja nau.
Re: Oshiomhole Presides Over His Last Executive Council Meeting In Edo by clevadani: 3:16pm On Nov 10, 2016
This man changed the face of Edo State. Though his second tenure was disappointing, he made Edo people realise that something good can come out Edo.

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Presides Over His Last Executive Council Meeting In Edo by deenvibe(m): 3:26pm On Nov 10, 2016
Koosi ikan to ni ibere ti ko ni opin...every thing would surely come to an end.. Goodluck in ur next endeavour mr osho

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Presides Over His Last Executive Council Meeting In Edo by deenvibe(m): 3:28pm On Nov 10, 2016
Kingbuhari:
I see brown envelope's
cant u comment and leave. why quoting the whole text?

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Presides Over His Last Executive Council Meeting In Edo by Nobody: 3:28pm On Nov 10, 2016
Good bye Oshiomhole, edo people will never forget you for your good works and Nigerians will never forget you for your lies
Re: Oshiomhole Presides Over His Last Executive Council Meeting In Edo by DTaj: 3:30pm On Nov 10, 2016
bbmpin:
yawning undecided

he will still be the governor of the state for the next 4years, wont be official but he will still be in-charge

Godwin is an empty minded clown, with the mental might of a puppet

enough with this ludicrous charade, don't patronize your people with your foolishness #garbage face(back to back)

You wrote "Godwin is an empty minded clown". Really?

Do you live in Nigeria?

Do you know anything about investment banking?

Have you ever heard about Afrinvest West Africa Limited?

Do you have a clue about being the founder of an organization from scratch and making it one of the top 3 in its sector by turnover, profit, and brand recognition?

If you do, then, your statement is the most stupid statements ever made on NR.

Hating people (like you hate Godwin) should not make you lie about them. If you cannot ask people who know Godwin Obaseki, use Google. It's free! Clown...

6 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Presides Over His Last Executive Council Meeting In Edo by fikiman7000(m): 3:41pm On Nov 10, 2016
I ,on behalf of d association of money looters in Nigeria together wit our president rt.hon dasukigate nd d secretary olisa metuh wish our dia member oshiomole a nice living wit all d Edo state money he looted
Re: Oshiomhole Presides Over His Last Executive Council Meeting In Edo by Nobody: 3:47pm On Nov 10, 2016
DTaj:

You wrote "Godwin is an empty minded clown". Really?

Do you live in Nigeria?

Do you know anything about investment banking?

Have you ever heard about Afrinvest West Africa Limited?

Do you have a clue about being the founder of an organization from scratch and making it one of the top 3 in its sector by turnover, profit, and brand recognition?

If you do, then, your statement is the most stupid statements ever made on NR.

Hating people (like you hate Godwin) should not make you lie about them. If you cannot ask people who know Godwin Obaseki, use Google. It's free! Clown...
Do you really want to use career growth aided by political privileges as your indicator for success?

Godwin is an empty minded clown, spare me your "google acquired" knowledge of events, i bet in your book, Dangote is a great man also, very brilliant? Any fool can be as rich as Dangote with the political favors he tribally gained in the past!

i know more about Afrinvest West Africa Limited than your one week sub can dig, so spare me your sophistry #crap

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole Presides Over His Last Executive Council Meeting In Edo by wellmax(m): 3:52pm On Nov 10, 2016
Welldone Osho Baba
Re: Oshiomhole Presides Over His Last Executive Council Meeting In Edo by gebest: 3:55pm On Nov 10, 2016
i assure u blessed assurance and wish u blessed future
Re: Oshiomhole Presides Over His Last Executive Council Meeting In Edo by mickool(m): 3:57pm On Nov 10, 2016
Oshiobaba, u came, u saw and u conquered.God bless u for laudable projects u scattered round the 3 senatorial districts. #finishingwellandstrong.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Presides Over His Last Executive Council Meeting In Edo by Nobody: 4:13pm On Nov 10, 2016
bbmpin:

Do you really want to use career growth aided by political privileges as your indicator for success?

Godwin is an empty minded clown, spare me your "google acquired" knowledge of events, i bet in your book, Dangote is a great man also, very brilliant? Any fool can be as rich as Dangote with the political favors he tribally gained in the past!

i know more about Afrinvest West Africa Limited than your one week sub can dig, so spare me your sophistry #crap

Your stupidity is legendary. What a goat.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Imo Magistrates’ Court Set On Fire By Youths / Endless Wait For Salaries, Kogi Civil Servants Crying In Silence / Buhari ‘pampering’ Miyetti Allah – Gani Adams Explodes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.