Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,717 members, 7,837,614 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

“Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr (36321 Views)

How Coronavirus Could Affect The Olympics 2020, Euro 2020 And The Sporting World / Meet Uzochukwu Henry Onuorah Playing For FC Midtjylland in Denmark (PHOTOS) / Revealed!! Antonio Conte Is Real Madrid’s Top Choice To Replace Zinedine Zidane (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:20pm On Nov 11, 2016
edi287:

Again, I'm saying - Conte found a new formation that he's struggling to fit him into the team. What if that is TRULY the reason instead of what Emenalo is trying to imply?

It seems you missed the PUNISHING in Rohr's statement.
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by agrovick(m): 9:24pm On Nov 11, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Better to warm bench than ruin Mourinho's legacy.

Now that we've established he belongs to the bench why are you lot now complaining when players who are better than he is are currently doing well in the coach's set up?
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by okaforsamuel: 9:54pm On Nov 11, 2016
blueto:

Information like this is undisputable since it is coming from the Super Eagles's technical adviser who went to confirm it at Chelsea himself. Now we see why players feign injuries and lie in order to be omitted from national call ups just to satisfy their managers in order to secure their playing career in the respective clubs.

But the problem in Mikel's case is that the Nigerians that he sacrificed his Chelsea's career for are the ones traducing and lambasting him. Mikel is totally fit for Conte's plans and philosophy, even Conte confessed that Mikel keeps impressing him in trainings.

Until I see Matic and Kante's combination win the Champions league like Mikel did for Chelsea, I will always rate Mikel above them.

U get yan
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by lereinter(m): 10:00pm On Nov 11, 2016
wetin fabregas and co do did they also go olympics
well maybe germans collect bribe too
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:43pm On Nov 11, 2016
agrovick:

Now that we've established he belongs to the bench why are you lot now complaining when players who are better than he is are currently doing well in the coach's set up?

How Mourinho reacts when someone praises Matic around him.

1 Like

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by Rekyz(m): 11:17pm On Nov 11, 2016
kidman96:
Mikel cannot bench anybody in that Chelsea team. If oscar and fabreagas aren't playing who is Mikel.

MIKEL slOwBI
I use to think my neighbour is stupid, not until i read your comments.

1 Like

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by PreyingMantis(m): 11:28pm On Nov 11, 2016
jelel6:
you cant drop mikel when his never playing. good players dont spend 10 years at a club and play just over 300 times across ten seasons. #mikelnotgoodenough
Average 33 games per season isn't good enough for you

1 Like

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:31pm On Nov 11, 2016
blueto:
It is not an assumption, but a fact! you are the one relying on assumptions by using a mere and flimzy editorial article to repudiate the verified statements of the super eagles technical adviser.

Mikel did show signs of “discontentment” before departing Chelsea for Olympics. Here are the words of Mikel insinuating that it displeased conte and the rest of Chelsea's management staffs when he insisted on going for the Olympics
What can you deduce from that statement and what do you think prompted Mikel to make such statement?

Enough of these deceptive notions. If Conte can't afford playing Mikel because of ‘exploits’ Matic And kante, then why not feature as a second half substitute? why not feature him in less competitive games in Carling cup like he features Chalobah and other ‘up coming stars’? Fabregas was playing before he got injured, even Willian featured for Chelsea after his departure and return, but Mikel has not featured even once!
You mean even Chelsea FC official website was also “dubious”?
http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2016/07/conte--learning-and-improving.html

Please stop! it is not funny.

Lol . Alright I get your point . It looks like you are one passionate Mikel Obi fan grin . I love the guy too and I wish him the best . I think he should leverage playing for the Super Eagles in the qualifiers - score goals , provide assists , improve his style of play as a way getting Conte's attention . That's all .
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by Marcelinho(m): 4:31am On Nov 12, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

That's not true

Here's an article from DailyMail addressing Mikel's ailing career :
And an excerpt from the article :

There were no reports of any dissension that led to falling down the pecking order under Antonio Conte because of Mikel's participation in the Olympics .

The truth is that Mikel's lethargic style of play does not suit Conte's frenetic style of play in his new 3-4-3 system at Chelsea - where ebullient players like Matic , Kante , Alonso , Moses are the reason the system works in Chelsea . Their work rates are high , their tacking is good and they are completely focused through out the game - Mikel lacks these qualities currently .

Mikel can play in a system were play is done sedately , maintaining possession and moderate/low frequency attacks from defensive midfield against the opponents . That's why he flourished under Ancelotti and Guus Hiddink.

Mikel can offer that depth in Chelsea squad , you know in case anyone get's injured . smileyBut reports say he might move in January though the stalwart is actually not unsettled as those reports suggested .

So does this reason makes him unfit for even a place on the bench or are you telling me Chalobar or Loftus Cheek that makes bench are better than Mikel.... Guy there is something they are not telling us

1 Like

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by Icon4s(m): 5:45am On Nov 12, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
All you do is talk down Mikel... So that make all your points invalid... Looolllll

I've made my points... Ciao...

100mikels < half of kante... Chaaiiii Yara Yara and TheGoodJoe must hear this... Looollll

In fact, let Safarigirl, Icon4s, AIG07, BascoVanVeli... And other lords of the sports section hear this... This is laughable. Looollll

Typical of Chelsea fans.

Most of them so hate Mikel.

I no get time for those ones.

2 Likes

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by Thryphosa(m): 7:25am On Nov 12, 2016
For people saying it ain't punishment. How many times has Mikel listed among the substitute players this season? Fabregas, William, Oscar, Chalobah etc. enjoyed few minutes of playing time on the pitch. So why is that of Mikel different. I believe what Rohr said.

1 Like

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by kellycute(m): 3:49pm On Nov 12, 2016
Most of lord mikel haters are igbo people. They fvcking hate each other, that's why biafra aint gonna see the light of the day. Mikel deserve to be in chelsea first eleven. Saying mikel can't flourish in 3 4 3 formation is a big lie. Let conte feature him to prove mikel can't play in that formation. Y'all mikel haters.. Do me a favor... Raise your left hand very high and allow your hand to hit your head. LORD MIKEL
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by damocheezy(m): 6:25pm On Nov 13, 2016
agrovick:

Otunba03, Olowo ori ***. Owo meji fun enikan, Jagaban ti Tinubu oje wo loju. You self dey here.
Blooda i dey here o. Me sef no know say you dey patronize here.
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:08pm On Nov 15, 2016
@ blueto cool

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by davmor(m): 9:23pm On Nov 15, 2016
I know if Mikel make move out of Chelsea, He can be better after all.......God is his strength Amen...God bless football for bring love into the world!!!!............................... http://www.sportstarlive.com/football/international-football/nigeria-3-algeria-1-moses-and-mikel-boost-world-cup-hopes/article9339065.ece
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by Nobody: 12:29am On Nov 16, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
@ blu eto cool
smiley

TheSuperNerd:
Only few can grab the "hints of truth" here even from Mikel himself... "Read between the lines"... wink

I Love this... smiley
Mikel: I wouldn’t swap Olympic Gold with
Nigeria for place in Conte’s Chelsea

John Obi Mikel admits he is disappointed at
his lack of opportunities at Chelsea – but he
wouldn’t swap that with his Olympic success with Nigeria.

The midfielder is yet to play for his club this
campaign, as Antonio Conte works hard to
improve last season’s tenth place finish in the
Premier League.

Gernot Rohr has suggested that his captain’s lack of domestic first-team action is down to his
decision to represent the Super Eagles in the Rio
Olympics this summer.

Mikel told the Sun: “I have never been a guy who makes excuses in life and never shy away from responsibilities.

“Yes, maybe people will say the new manager was upset I left and went to the Olympics, that I didn’t have a pre-season with the team. He probably thinks I don’t care about the team, things like that.”

Mikel was talking to the press after scoring for
Nigeria in their 3-1 win over Algeria in their World Cup qualifier on Saturday, but he didn’t’ discuss the rumours that he will leave the London club in January.

He added: “But I don’t want to use those
excuses. I have to keep training hard and make sure I change the manager’s mind. If not, then we’ll see what happens in January.

“But, no, I would never swap my Olympic medal for a place back in the Chelsea team. One thing you have to do in life as a man is that when you make a decision, or a sacrifice, you have to deal with it.

“You have to stand by your decision. You have to live with it. I have not one single regret in going to the Olympics. And I will not trade my medal for anything.”

The 29-year-old is the Blues’ longest serving
player after captain and former England
international John Terry.

Despite that he has found himself out of favour in regards to Conte’s 3-4-3 formation as Nemanja Matic and new signing N’Golo Kante fill the central midfield berths.

Chelsea have adapted quickly to Conte’s requests and currently sit third in the table behind Liverpool and Manchester City, with Eden Hazard looking like the player that won the Player of the Year award in 2015.

Source: http://www.squawka.com/news/mikel-i-wouldnt-swap-olympic-gold-with-nigeria-for-place-in-contes-chelsea/825297
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:54pm On Nov 16, 2016
blueto:

smiley

Yup . And Mikel debunked those rumors in his statement
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by omar22(m): 2:11pm On Nov 16, 2016
Conte plays the high energy 3 4 3 formation and am sorry we are going to have some casualties like Mikel, Willian, Oscar, Fabregas. Mikel as highly technical as he is, he lacks mobility, he cannot cover the amount of ground Matic covers let alone Kante, Conte wants to the ball to be moved quickly, Mikel slows down possession, he hardly travels with the ball
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by Nobody: 2:13pm On Nov 16, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Yup . And Mikel debunked those rumors in his statement
Hilarious, so you think Mikel will come out openly to condemn and chide Conte? You openly don't go against a coach's decision while he is still your coach in order to save you playing career. the super eagles technical adviser boldly objurgated conte because he has nothing to lose.

those things he said where just to mollify conte, so that conte will accept him back. Read the way he made those statements again then you will ascertain some degree of insincerity concerning Conte's treatment towards him so far. Use your head man smiley.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by omar22(m): 1:15pm On Nov 21, 2016
blueto:
Hilarious, so you think Mikel will come out openly to condemn and chide Conte? You openly don't go against a coach's decision while he is still your coach in order to save you playing career. the super eagles technical adviser boldly objurgated conte because he has nothing to lose.

those things he said where just to mollify conte, so that conte will accept him back. Read the way he made those statements again then you will ascertain some degree of insincerity concerning Conte's treatment towards him so far. Use your head man smiley.

He has learnt from Yaya Toure

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by EzeNri(m): 8:31am On Nov 22, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
No worry naa.... Make Matic/kante combo go win the UCL make I see.... Mikel have done so and did it with aplomb. cheesy

Mikel is better than the duo #fact

I believe you are being sarcastic. Mikey can't play Matic role in Chelsea, he will try in Kante's role but Kante is better.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Joshua Gets Second-Round KO Win Over Ngannou (Video) / Denmark Vs Finland Game Suspended As Medics Confirm Eriksen Is Stable / Ghana's John Boye Pictured Kissing His Share Of $3 Million Cash Bonus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.