Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,466 members, 7,840,030 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

“Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr (36333 Views)

How Coronavirus Could Affect The Olympics 2020, Euro 2020 And The Sporting World / Meet Uzochukwu Henry Onuorah Playing For FC Midtjylland in Denmark (PHOTOS) / Revealed!! Antonio Conte Is Real Madrid’s Top Choice To Replace Zinedine Zidane (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by Mayor101010(m): 5:23pm On Nov 11, 2016
blueto:

Information like this is undisputable since it is coming from the Super Eagles's technical adviser who went to confirm it at Chelsea himself. Now we see why players feign injuries and lie in order to be omitted from national call ups just to satisfy their managers in order to secure their playing career in the respective clubs.

But the problem in Mikel's case is that the Nigerians that he sacrificed his Chelsea's career for are the ones traducing and lambasting him. Mikel is totally fit for Conte's plans and philosophy, even Conte confessed that Mikel keeps impressing him in trainings.

Until I see Matic and Kante's combination win the Champions league like Mikel did for Chelsea, I will always rate Mikel above them.
Stop this pls... Don't let people known how ignorant you're..
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:25pm On Nov 11, 2016
Bla bla bla.... I have stuffs to do...

I watched Conte's Italy analytically...... I understand the place of mobilty in his system same as the importance of the passing abilities of the midfielders.

But it's so obvious you never "saw" Mikel from an analytical point of view at Rio 2016 for you to say Mikel didnt do anything which matic cant do... Chaaiiii... It's a waste of time.... Enjoy your beliefs...

Mikel has a lotta haters.

edi287:

I watched Rio 2016 and there's nothing Mikel did with the ball in terms of dribbling that I haven't seen match do. It's like saying Oliseh is a better dribbler than Redondo.
Again I ask you....did you watch Conte's Italy at the euros?? If you did, you'd know how important Mobility and aggression are to him. Mikel is as immobile as Cesc, if not even more...HE ISN'T FASTER THAN MATIC...STOP SAYING THAT. you're talking about passing percentages...do you there was a period Flamini (yes flamini!!! had the highest passing ratio)?? Do you Francis Coquelin is in the top 10 for most passes in the final 3rd?? Are you going to tell me those 2 are creative because of that?? If we compare chances created at both Mikel and Matic's best seasons, I bet you matic creates more...Mikel with the highest passing percentage, how many chances did he create that year?? Why didn't he have higher assists since Matic's 4 assists isn't a big deal??
For you to say Mikel has 70 percent of Cesc creativity must mean he puts in some killer penerative passes 8/10 times yet tell me one of Mikel's biggest criticisms??

1 Like

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:32pm On Nov 11, 2016
Watch Rio 2016, Afcon 2013 and Fifa confed cup 2013 and tell me what you see... Ciao..

danthamccoy:

Dude Lucas of Liverpool was an attacking midfielder when he was signed. He has scored a goal in thr last 6 years. What he was then and what he is not are not the same.
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by agrovick(m): 5:35pm On Nov 11, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Whatever makes you sleep well bruv.... Loolll

Class beats Class.... No sentiments.

Thank you very much. We call it a day
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by malbro(m): 5:42pm On Nov 11, 2016
madridguy:
God alone will shame that useless coach called KOTE abi na Conte.

Baba Ibeji Mikel, nothing do you.
Wait who will mikel bench there...Matic abi na kante....lolzz
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:42pm On Nov 11, 2016
Yeah... Thanks for conceeding... Mikel is CLASS.

Kante... Just class.

PS: Forgot to add... Drogba and Ronaldo never played for the same team. Mikel has achieved the highest with Chelsea... Let Matic and kante do same with same Chelsea.... grin

Night night....

agrovick:

Thank you very much. We call it a day

2 Likes

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by Nobody: 5:46pm On Nov 11, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Looooolllllll..... What part of "fan of no european club" dont you understand? Loolllll

Keep the entertainment on... Loolll

i don meet ur type finish, u be barca fan
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by enomakos(m): 5:49pm On Nov 11, 2016
stsinner:
i love his new passion for green/white jersey but we should know that olympics is not a fifa organized competition & it will take diplomacy from a player to convince his club to be part of it, so the fault is not entirely conte's. Neymar had an understanding with Barca,infact he refused to play the continental tournament just to compete in Rio. Mikel please Bilic needs another player to complement payet,there is no better revenge than to play for their city rivals
are you an hammer fan?
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by jotey(m): 5:51pm On Nov 11, 2016
Ssms:
lol......yeye dey worry ds person saaa......where do u wanna place mikel besides kante n matic.....lets be sincere. .if u were d coach of chelsea...would u av preferred mikel to any of d 2?
guy
mikel will bench matic clean clear
no be mikel bench m last season?

2 Likes

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by stsinner: 6:11pm On Nov 11, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Mikel is "African".... Neymar is a big brazillian star.... It seems you are ignorant of the fights African footballers have to endure to remain relevant.

Reread what i wrote. Though neymar is brazilian,he pleaded with his club to compete in Rio. They gave him condition not to play continental tournament in the summer(when clubs were on break) before he can compete in Rio. He didnt go to rio because he is big brazilian player,he had an understanding with them, even German clubs refused to release some german players for Rio olympic
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:14pm On Nov 11, 2016
agrovick:

Nobody is discrediting Mikel's impact in the Bayern game, I'm only telling you every Chelsea player on the pitch that day gave it their all, so it's not like Mikel is responsible for Chelsea's victory.
So we can't hold Mikel responsible for Nigeria's non appearance at the nations cup but we can appropriate the Champions League glory to him alone? Nice one.

You are comparing Mikel with Kante, the Mikel who only knows how to pass backwards, the great Mikel slowbis? Even Mikel won't dare compare himself to Kante.

Congratulations. The man who knows more than Guus Hiddink. A man who coached the likes of Patrick Kluivert, Edgar Davids, Seedorf, Overmars, Zenden, Phil Cocu, Hasselbank, Van Hooijdonk (Spelling), Frank and Ronald De Boer, Van Da Saar.

Such a coach explained that Mikel's style is beautiful. Yet you are talking Slow.

1 Like

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by stsinner: 6:15pm On Nov 11, 2016
enomakos:
are you an hammer fan?
just to get back at them! Clubs hate to see their players move to a city rival
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:21pm On Nov 11, 2016
agrovick:

Nobody is discrediting Mikel's impact in the Bayern game, I'm only telling you every Chelsea player on the pitch that day gave it their all, so it's not like Mikel is responsible for Chelsea's victory.
So we can't hold Mikel responsible for Nigeria's non appearance at the nations cup but we can appropriate the Champions League glory to him alone? Nice one.

You are comparing Mikel with Kante, the Mikel who only knows how to pass backwards, the great Mikel slowbis? Even Mikel won't dare compare himself to Kante.

Kante dreams to have a career like Mikel. That is what people like you forget. We are talking of a Successful Mikel. You are talking of Kante who started football recently. Mikel has done it.

Mikel is key to Chelsea's progress and must not be forgotten while the evolution continues.

http://eplindex.com/16829/chelsea-forget-john-obi-mikel.html

1 Like

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:22pm On Nov 11, 2016
agrovick:

John Obi Mikel is the best defensive midfielder that Chelsea has, the statistics prove that. He is calm on the ball, a competent tackler and rarely makes mistakes.

Against Bayern Munich and Barcelona he had to be excellent as Chelsea were constantly under attack, especially at the Nou Camp.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by edi287: 6:25pm On Nov 11, 2016
TheSuperNerd:

I watched Conte's Italy analytically...... I understand the place of mobilty in his system same as the importance of the passing abilities of the midfielders.

But it's so obvious you never "saw" Mikel from an analytical point of view at Rio 2016 for you to say Mikel didnt do anything which matic cant do... Chaaiiii... It's a waste of time.... Enjoy your beliefs...

Again, I repeat.. I NEVER SAW MIKEL DO ANYTHING WITH THE BALL IN TERMS OF DRIBBLING THAT MATIC CANT DO...I STAND BY THAT A 110 PERCENT.
Nigerians...this is how we keep over hyping our players...you've analyzed Conte game and Chelsea's current form, yet you don't see why Mikel is being benched?? Na wa ooo
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:26pm On Nov 11, 2016
TheSuperNerd:

That is why I do not like gracing football threads that make front page. The haters are suffocating.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by edi287: 6:27pm On Nov 11, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Kante dreams to have a career like Mikel. That is what people like you forget. We are talking of a Successful Mikel. You are talking of Kante who started football recently. Mikel has done it.

Mikel is key to Chelsea's progress and must not be forgotten while the evolution continues.

Bro, we're talking of 2016. Of course Kante hasn't won the amount of trophies that Mikel has...However, currently Kante is a better fit to Conte's tactics than Mikel is...Conte hasn't found a way to fit him, Fabregas and Terry in the team and can't change a winning formula for them...simple as that.
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by edi287: 6:28pm On Nov 11, 2016
jotey:
guy
mikel will bench matic clean clear
no be mikel bench m last season?
What about the season before?? No be Matic bench am?
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:29pm On Nov 11, 2016
edi287:

Again, I repeat.. I NEVER SAW MIKEL DO ANYTHING WITH THE BALL IN TERMS OF DRIBBLING THAT MATIC CANT DO...I STAND BY THAT A 110 PERCENT.
Nigerians...this is how we keep over hyping our players...you've analyzed Conte game and Chelsea's current form, yet you don't see why Mikel is being benched?? Na wa ooo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YL4QV5v2iCM

Watch and educate yourself. Matic can never do this. Ever.

This is genius under high pressure.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:32pm On Nov 11, 2016
edi287:

Bro, we're talking of 2016. Of course Kante hasn't won the amount of trophies that Mikel has...However, currently Kante is a better fit to Conte's tactics than Mikel is...Conte hasn't found a way to fit him, Fabregas and Terry in the team and can't change a winning formula for them...simple as that.

I replied someone who argued the impact of Mikel in Chelsea's triumph. This season, I believe the Super Eagles coach who went to Stamford Bridge to find out what the problem is.

If it pains Mikel's haters, there are many tall buildings for them to jump from.

1 Like

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:33pm On Nov 11, 2016
Mikel
Emi Ni Baller.
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:35pm On Nov 11, 2016
edi287:

You can argue but, Conte listed Mikel as one of the players he needed to win games.

Mikel revealed the coach did not want him to go.

Yet people like you who know more than Conte will want to teach Conte about his tactics.

1 Like

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by edi287: 6:39pm On Nov 11, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YL4QV5v2iCM

Watch and educate yourself. Matic can never do this. Ever.

This is genius under high pressure.
I could easily post links to Matic compilation of skills...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hc2b0reXy_Y

Mikel is not a better dribbler than matic...I can argue this all day. He can not drive at opponents like Matic does.
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by enomakos(m): 6:43pm On Nov 11, 2016
stsinner:

just to get back at them! Clubs hate to see their players move to a city rival
ok i understands
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by edi287: 6:44pm On Nov 11, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

You can argue but, Conte listed Mikel as one of the players he needed to win games.

Mikel revealed the coach did not want him to go.

Yet people like you who know more than Conte will want to teach Conte about his tactics.
Why are you ignoring the fact that Conte also stopped Matic from leaving?? That this same Conte said the same thing about Cesc Fabregas and John Terry as well??
Look this issue is very simple...Mikel went to the Olympics, came back, got injured and Chelsea found a new formation that they've gone 6 games unbeaten with that he doesn't fit into...that is the fact....not this conspiracy theory that naija fans are trying to make up.
It would've been a different case if chelsea were still playing 4-1-4-1 formation and Mikel wasn't getting a look in.
New formation = Unbeaten run with Matic, Kante, Victor Moses, and Hazard thriving in. Eod.
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:48pm On Nov 11, 2016
edi287:

I could easily post links to Matic compilation of skills...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hc2b0reXy_Y

Mikel is not a better dribbler than matic...I can argue this all day. He can not drive at opponents like Matic does.

Give me the time Matic pulled up a better dribble than the video I put up. It was a short clip. That is when I will take your post serious.

Mikel pulled off a memorable game against Spanish team with Busquets, Xavi and Iniesta on the pitch. Matic can never do that in his life time.

Matic never dominated a game the way Mikel did that day. Their not mates.
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by edi287: 6:56pm On Nov 11, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Give me the time Matic pulled up a better dribble than the video I put up. It was a short clip. That is when I will take your post serious.

Mikel pulled off a memorable game against Spanish team with Busquets, Xavi and Iniesta on the pitch. Matic can never do that in his life time.

Matic never dominated a game the way Mikel did that day. Their not mates.
Watch through the vid. I'm talking about dribbling...Matic is a better dribbler...Mikel just shields the ball better. Watch from 1:33 - 1:37 to see something similar. Meanwhile show me a vid of mikel attempting some of the skills matic did on that one compilation (which was just for last season)
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:58pm On Nov 11, 2016
edi287:

Why are you ignoring the fact that Conte also stopped Matic from leaving?? That this same Conte said the same thing about Cesc Fabregas and John Terry as well??
Look this issue is very simple...Mikel went to the Olympics, came back, got injured and Chelsea found a new formation that they've gone 6 games unbeaten with that he doesn't fit into...that is the fact....not this conspiracy theory that naija fans are trying to make up.
It would've been a different case if chelsea were still playing 4-1-4-1 formation and Mikel wasn't getting a look in.
New formation = Unbeaten run with Matic, Kante, Victor Moses, and Hazard thriving in. Eod.

Do you think you have close to the footballing Knowledge Rohr has? I mean, a fraction? Rohr coaches the likes of Zidane, Lizarazu and Christoph Dugarry.

The man is telling you Rohr dropped Mikel because of the Olympics, you want to argue tactics with a former Bayern Munich defender. Na wa. People who know more than Rohr and Hiddink.
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:59pm On Nov 11, 2016
edi287:

Watch through the vid. I'm talking about dribbling...Matic is a better dribbler...Mikel just shields the ball better. Watch from 1:33 - 1:37 to see something similar. Meanwhile show me a vid of mikel attempting some of the skills matic did on that one compilation (which was just for last season)

All this one you are talking is creative Grammer. I showed you a genius move by Mikel. Tell me,Matic did something as good as that. I do not want to waste time.
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:00pm On Nov 11, 2016
Stand by it here... Mention it in the sports section house/thread where I reside on nl and get roasted.... You're not making sense.

So just suit yourself.... Threads like this attract all kinds of people with myopic views. Ciao...

edi287:

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by edi287: 7:02pm On Nov 11, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Do you think you have close to the footballing Knowledge Rohr has? I mean, a fraction? Rohr coaches the likes of Zidane, Lizarazu and Christoph Dugarry.

The man is telling you Rohr dropped Mikel because of the Olympics, you are talking tactics with a former Bayern Munich defender. Na wa.
Bullshit...Rohr got to that conclusion by just speaking to Emenalo...of all the teams he visited, Chelsea was the only one he didn't speak to the coach. Who is Rohr to tell Conte how to utilize a player he sees daily?? How many times does Rohr see Mikel train in a year to know he does better than Matic in training?
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by jotey(m): 7:04pm On Nov 11, 2016
edi287:

mikel is nt a dribbler but overall mikel dust matic na....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ghana's John Boye Pictured Kissing His Share Of $3 Million Cash Bonus / Why I Dumped Nigeria For Qatar — Asia’s Fastest Man, Ogunode / Eden Hazard Set His Sights On Real Madrid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.