Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,745 members, 7,837,704 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

“Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr (36324 Views)

How Coronavirus Could Affect The Olympics 2020, Euro 2020 And The Sporting World / Meet Uzochukwu Henry Onuorah Playing For FC Midtjylland in Denmark (PHOTOS) / Revealed!! Antonio Conte Is Real Madrid’s Top Choice To Replace Zinedine Zidane (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:49pm On Nov 11, 2016
And when speaking like a football pundit PLSSS SPEAK THE DAMN TRUTH!!!!!

Conte shunned mikel for going to the olympics and that's very true.

Mikel started and was doing creditably well in Chelsea's first set of preseason games under Conte and Conte even confessed to Mikel being very vital to the team...
His Words: If you want to win a team needs this type of player – Kante, Matic and Mikel – that work hard forthe team.” – conte
http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/conte-
chelsea-need-players-like-mikel/

When the time came for Mikel to leave for Rio, Conte obviously pleaded with him to shun the olympics but Mikel stood his grounds and wanted to go.

Conte reportedly gave mikel "his blessings" (TELL ME, HOW ELSE WILL THE MEDIA PUT IT?? You think Chelsea tv and other chelsea correspondents will speak evil of Chelsea and their manager??)

Mikel also said words but was conservative because he'll never wanna speak against the club he has served for close to 11 years now. Tu comprends??

Conte is angry with Mikel for going to Rio. period!!!

U wanna tell me Mikel wont outshine Matic in the role he plays in Chelsea's 3-4-3? That's bollocks... Conte is angry and that's just it.

Thanks to Conte though for believing in another Nigerian who was willing to "dodge" the Zambia game.... Victor Moses. wink

Conte... Thank you so much. Moses is still ours and thank you for making him a super regular again. smiley

cr7lomo:

Speak like a football pundit and not like a Nigerian...no coach dares to change a winning team...combining a left footed and right footed holding midfield pair is every managers dream...did fabregas play in the olympics?? If Mikel dont get playing time, he should get another club , January is about less than 2months away... Conte himself is under pressure to perform after a disastrous campaign last term by Chelsea

2 Likes

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by WesBreezy: 1:51pm On Nov 11, 2016
What's the problem now? Eez all good if Mikel plays every match for super eagles and Chelsea keeps winning if he doesn't play . No problemcheesy

1 Like

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by mailmitch(m): 1:53pm On Nov 11, 2016
Its very obvious tht he is being purnished for reping his con3. But my advice for Mildl is tht guy when January come u better move to another club in England if u still love ur football career.

2 Likes

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by Kobicove(m): 1:54pm On Nov 11, 2016
Statement of fact
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by Otunba10(m): 1:55pm On Nov 11, 2016
blueto:

Information like this is undisputable since it is coming from the Super Eagles's technical adviser who went to confirm it at Chelsea himself. Now we see why players feign injuries and lie in order to be omitted from national call ups just to satisfy their managers in order to secure their playing career in the respective clubs.

But the problem in Mikel's case is that the Nigerians that he sacrificed his Chelsea's career for are the ones traducing and lambasting him. Mikel is totally fit for Conte's plans and philosophy, even Conte confessed that Mikel keeps impressing him in trainings.

Until I see Matic and Kante's combination win the Champions league like Mikel did for Chelsea, I will always rate Mikel above then.
Well said brother. I wish I could like this post 100 times

1 Like

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by SkinnyDude(m): 1:58pm On Nov 11, 2016
Mikel Obi should go to OGC Nice. cos' that's where dejected and rejected people go. look at Ballotelli. and Ballotelli is inviting his brother, abandoned Sakho.

1 Like

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:59pm On Nov 11, 2016
Mikel is "African".... Neymar is a big brazillian star.... It seems you are ignorant of the fights African footballers have to endure to remain relevant.

stsinner:
i love his new passion for green/white jersey but we should know that olympics is not a fifa organized competition & it will take diplomacy from a player to convince his club to be part of it, so the fault is not entirely conte's. Neymar had an understanding with Barca,infact he refused to play the continental tournament just to compete in Rio. Mikel please Bilic needs another player to complement payet,there is no better revenge than to play for their city rivals

1 Like

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by jrusky(m): 2:00pm On Nov 11, 2016
Conte missed it a lot if not he should have realized how many coach that has come to Chelsea try to kill Mikel chance but ends up be fired and Mikel still remain in Chelsea. I support Mikel and will always be on his side despite don't too much like his playing style I still like him because he is from my country and he always come when we need him so I'm solidly behind him for his patriotism Conte can huge transfomer if he is angry with Mikel for playing for Nigeria if not an act of disrespect can he ban Ronaldo or Bail for playing for their country

Conte please hug transformer ok.
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:01pm On Nov 11, 2016
No worry naa.... Make Matic/kante combo go win the UCL make I see.... Mikel have done so and did it with aplomb. cheesy

Mikel is better than the duo #fact

WesBreezy:
What's the problem now? Eez all good if Mikel plays every match for super eagles and Chelsea keeps winning if he doesn't play . No problemcheesy
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by kenex4ever(m): 2:04pm On Nov 11, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Its not right to assume . If there was any form of confrontation at all , then Mikel would have shown signs of discontentment especially on social media . But he understands the situation and keeps talking about working hard in training in order to get himself back into the team after he got back from the Olympics . Remember , the season has already kicked off at the time he was playing at the Olympics . You don't expect him to walk into the first team just like that .

Conte is running a meritocratic system - apparently with players like Moses , Alonso earning their place in the team . Willian went on compassionate leave because of the demise of his mum and Pedro took his place and 2 games later Pedro is still playing while Willian is now benched even after his return . Its all about working to earn your place in the first team - and evidently Mikel understands this .

And Conte was referring to Kante's buy by Chelsea for 30 million . He was describing Kante not Mikel . The dubious site added Mikel in between to sell their story . grin

Excerpt :

"This type of player evidently " talking about Kante , not this type of players .

And Mikel was withdrawn after 58 minutes during Conte's first game which ended in a 2-0 defeat . See ? Why praise a player you withdrew while you were losing and tell him he is needed to win a game whereas you lost It does not add up !
Guy, this thing is very simple, U want to marry ur father's enemy's daughter and ur dad disapproves of it and u insist then what do u expect him to do other than to give u his blessings even though he is angry dat u disobeyed him.
Yes, mikel does not suit his counter attacking formation but he can still use him to defend at 80mins of a game.
When injury go start u go know say evrry player matter. And u r waiting for mikel to confirm d situation on social media as if u dont know dat dat can worsen d situation for any player.

2 Likes

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by Ssms(m): 2:13pm On Nov 11, 2016
blueto:

Information like this is undisputable since it is coming from the Super Eagles's technical adviser who went to confirm it at Chelsea himself. Now we see why players feign injuries and lie in order to be omitted from national call ups just to satisfy their managers in order to secure their playing career in the respective clubs.

But the problem in Mikel's case is that the Nigerians that he sacrificed his Chelsea's career for are the ones traducing and lambasting him. Mikel is totally fit for Conte's plans and philosophy, even Conte confessed that Mikel keeps impressing him in trainings.

Until I see Matic and Kante's combination win the Champions league like Mikel did for Chelsea, I will always rate Mikel above then.
lol......yeye dey worry ds person saaa......where do u wanna place mikel besides kante n matic.....lets be sincere. .if u were d coach of chelsea...would u av preferred mikel to any of d 2?

1 Like

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by jayAjoku(m): 2:13pm On Nov 11, 2016
abeg he should continue punishing him chelsea is way better without him
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by Bimbeads(f): 2:13pm On Nov 11, 2016
Mikel obi will still lift the prestigious cup which is uefa champions league cup but I don't know which club it's going to be wt.
In Mikel I trust.

Meanwhile... Check my status for ur lovely beaded jewelries.click http://spay.ng/bimbeads/2 for delivery within 24hrs. In God we trust.
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by WesBreezy: 2:13pm On Nov 11, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
No worry naa.... Make Matic/kante combo go win the UCL make I see.... Mikel have done so and did it with aplomb. cheesy

Mikel is better than the duo #fact

Mikel is good(past eez prime) kante is fresh . 2seasons ago matic was way above mikel's entire career ..by the way who hasn't won ucl sef? Valdes has how many ucl and where eez he today? Boro

1 Like

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by Mujtahida: 2:15pm On Nov 11, 2016
blueto:
Mikel has gone through a lot at Chelsea, I think it is time for him to move on by making optimal use of the next transfer window.

This is one of the reasons why I ceased from supporting foreign Football Clubs.
I was or used to be a mad soccer fan, watching the premiership when it was sponsored by Rothmans of Pall Mall with the likes of Ginola, Klinsmann, Overmars, Paul Ince, Dicanio, Scheirmechel, Ian Wright etc. But my passion waned. It's only National teams and Tournament football that stirs me up now. Mikel will do well to leave chelsea. He's done his time there.

3 Likes

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by WesBreezy: 2:15pm On Nov 11, 2016
Bimbeads:
Mikel obi will still lift the prestigious cup which is uefa champions league cup but I don't know which club it's going to be wt.
In Mikel I trust.
what are you saying gan na?
Mikel has a ucl winners medal and uel also.
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:16pm On Nov 11, 2016
Well, kante and matic hasnt grin so until they do... Sorry bro. grin

And uhmm.. Mikel is not "good". He's great... An excellent midfield player. Have some respect.

WesBreezy:

Mikel is good(past eez prime) kante is fresh . 2seasons ago matic was way above mikel's entire career ..by the way who hasn't won ucl sef? Valdes has how many ucl and where eez he today? Boro
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by Bimbeads(f): 2:19pm On Nov 11, 2016
WesBreezy:

what are you saying gan na?
Mikel has a ucl winners medal and uel also.

Everyone knows that nw. I meant for d 2nd time.
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:25pm On Nov 11, 2016
Well, he did prefer Mikel at the beginning hence his act to beg him to shun the olympics!

And Mikel trumps Matic... U can take that to the ends of the galaxy. smiley

Ssms:
lol......yeye dey worry ds person saaa......where do u wanna place mikel besides kante n matic.....lets be sincere. .if u were d coach of chelsea...would u av preferred mikel to any of d 2?

1 Like

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by Nobody: 2:27pm On Nov 11, 2016

2 Likes

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by GeniusDavid(m): 2:33pm On Nov 11, 2016
blueto:

You were making sense till your last paragraph.. ! Have you ever watched Kante/Matic? C'mon, don't always be sentimental..

3 Likes

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by Rossikk(m): 2:43pm On Nov 11, 2016
Mikel leave Chelsea,
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by agrovick(m): 2:48pm On Nov 11, 2016
Lolllll at some of the posts here.

Mikel is better than Kante? The same Mikel that has been in and out of the Chelsea team in his 11 years at the club...

Oscar is chopping the bench, Willian, Fabregas, Terry even Loftus Cheek who got a lot of praises from Conte during preseason. I guess they are all under punishment for playing at the Olympics.

Bunch of sentimental dindinrins

1 Like

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by espn(m): 2:49pm On Nov 11, 2016
AGUBANZE:
But chelsea have been winning all their matches back to back since they started benching mikel
mind you mikel has not played 1 single match for chelsea this season...
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by DeRay98(m): 2:49pm On Nov 11, 2016
blueto:

If you recall that during qualifiers for 2008 Olympics with Samson, most of Mikel's U20 team mates were in that team, Mikel did honour invitations especially in the crucial last game against Ghana in Accra.
He wanted more time secure his place Chelsea hence refusing national calls. After U23 survived that match in Accra Mikel was not invited to the Olympics team.
In case you have forgotten also that Mikel refused to honour SE invitations earlier in career, he had issues national team coaches until gradually he became a senior player.
Now maturity and seniority has beconed on him to lead his national team after achieving club successes.
So, as regards Mikel, he has come full cycle and he facing his clubs bullying.
English club managers habit of disrespecting African countries when they don't do same to European national team players.
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by amuijiji: 2:49pm On Nov 11, 2016
As long as my Chelsea is doing fine, Mikel can bench till his career finish...

In chelsea of today, we dont need a backward pass player..
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by chmeze(m): 2:51pm On Nov 11, 2016
ishef19:
Mr Rohr who Mikel wan bench for that squad
so chalobah is better than Mikel?
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by donphilopus: 2:52pm On Nov 11, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
I'm a Chelsea fan.....

Mikel refused to improve his style of play Biko

Maybe we should start Mikel ahead of Kante

So you are even a Chelsea fan Why you come dey fvvck up for Politics Section
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by edi287: 2:55pm On Nov 11, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
And when speaking like a football pundit PLSSS SPEAK THE DAMN TRUTH!!!!!

Conte shunned mikel for going to the olympics and that's very true.

Mikel started and was doing creditably well in Chelsea's first set of preseason games under Conte and Conte even confessed to Mikel being very vital to the team...

When the time came for Mikel to leave for Rio, Conte obviously pleaded with him to shun the olympics but Mikel stood his grounds and wanted to go.

Conte reportedly gave mikel "his blessings" (TELL ME, HOW ELSE WILL THE MEDIA PUT IT?? You think Chelsea tv and other chelsea correspondents will speak evil of Chelsea and their manager??)

Mikel also said words but was conservative because he'll never wanna speak against the club he has served for close to 11 years now. Tu comprends??

Conte is angry with Mikel for going to Rio. period!!!

U wanna tell me Mikel wont outshine Matic in the role he plays in Chelsea's 3-4-3? That's bollocks... Conte is angry and that's just it.

Thanks to Conte though for believing in another Nigerian who was willing to "dodge" the Zambia game.... Victor Moses. wink

Conte... Thank you so much. Moses is still ours and thank you for making him a super regular again. smiley

Conte likes energetic and hardworking players(before you point to Pirlo, look at his Italian team that played the euros). Chelsea are on a superb run with Matic - Kante. Say what you want about Conte, but Mikel simply doesn't fit in his 3-4-3 system and isn't going to change a winning formula for Mikel. I see some people saying Matic is as sluggish as Mikel....either they're being biased or they are just simply blind.

3 Likes

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by anyicash(m): 2:55pm On Nov 11, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

That's not true

Here's an article from DailyMail addressing Mikel's ailing career :
And an excerpt from the article :

There were no reports of any dissension that led to falling down the pecking order under Antonio Conte because of Mikel's participation in the Olympics .

The truth is that Mikel's lethargic style of play does not suit Conte's frenetic style of play in his new 3-4-3 system at Chelsea - where ebullient players like Matic , Kante , Alonso , Moses are the reason the system works in Chelsea . Their work rates are high , their tacking is good and they are completely focused through out the game - Mikel lacks these qualities currently .

Mikel can play in a system were play is done sedately , maintaining possession and moderate/low frequency attacks from defensive midfield against the opponents . That's why he flourished under Ancelotti and Guus Hiddink.

Mikel can offer that depth in Chelsea squad , you know in case anyone get's injured . smileyBut reports say he might move in January though the stalwart is actually not unsettled as those reports suggested .

I think you know somethings about d technical side of football. i sight u and i might peak u soon.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Joshua Gets Second-Round KO Win Over Ngannou (Video) / Denmark Vs Finland Game Suspended As Medics Confirm Eriksen Is Stable / Ghana's John Boye Pictured Kissing His Share Of $3 Million Cash Bonus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.