Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,499 members, 7,840,137 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

“Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr (36334 Views)

How Coronavirus Could Affect The Olympics 2020, Euro 2020 And The Sporting World / Meet Uzochukwu Henry Onuorah Playing For FC Midtjylland in Denmark (PHOTOS) / Revealed!! Antonio Conte Is Real Madrid’s Top Choice To Replace Zinedine Zidane (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by edi287: 7:05pm On Nov 11, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Stand by it here... Mention it in the sports section house/thread where I reside on nl and get roasted.... You're not making sense.

So just suit yourself.... Threads like this attract all kinds of people with myopic views. Ciao...

What thread?? A SUPER EAGLES THREAD?? Sure we could take it there or even better, why not a chelsea thread?? Chelsea fans watch both regularly and are in a better position to judge...but then, you'll say their being "haters" for confirming what I said.
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:05pm On Nov 11, 2016
Honestly,,,,,, the hate and myopic views are so irritating and baffling...

Just that I dont have the time to be digging up stats and videos now to shame them... But what's the need?? Their minds are made up. They cant see pass "Mikel is a slowbie"... Lawd!!!

People claiming intellects in the beautiful game when they are just mere bunch of pseudo-intellectuals... Very pitiable.

Matic dribbles better than Mikel... Chaiiii... I chose not to argue much again after seeing that line and many more... Such ignorance!!!

TheGoodJoe:

That is why I do not like gracing football threads that make front page. The haters are suffocating.
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:06pm On Nov 11, 2016
Abeg.... Just roll along... You watched Rio 2016 indeed... Skypsorts, bbc, pundits and stats holders in world football that matter rate mikel so highly... And you call chelsea fans.... Hahahaha...

edi287:

What thread?? A SUPER EAGLES THREAD?? Sure we could take it there or even better, why not a chelsea thread?? Chelsea fans watch both regularly and are in a better position to judge...but then, you'll say their being "haters" for confirming what I said.
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by edi287: 7:07pm On Nov 11, 2016
jotey:
mikel is nt a dribbler but overall mikel dust matic na....
Thank God you admitted he isn't a dribbler. Mikel reads the game better but Matic is a better tackler and more aggressive. Matic is also definitely more mobile...
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by edi287: 7:08pm On Nov 11, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

All this one you are talking is creative Grammer. I showed you a genius move by Mikel. Tell me,Matic did something as good as that. I do not want to waste time.
And I showed you a video showing Matic's dribbling skills and an example where he did something similar.
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:16pm On Nov 11, 2016
edi287:

Bullshit...Rohr got to that conclusion by just speaking to Emenalo...of all the teams he visited, Chelsea was the only one he didn't speak to the coach. Who is Rohr to tell Conte how to utilize a player he sees daily?? How many times does Rohr see Mikel train in a year to know he does better than Matic in training?

You think you now know more than the most successful Technical Director in the history of Chelsea. Guy. Are you reading what you are writing?

Rohr is not dictating for Conte. It is Conte's career for all he cares. Rohr made it clear. I will not punish a player who respects and loves his country.
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:17pm On Nov 11, 2016
edi287:

And I showed you a video showing Matic's dribbling skills and an example where he did something similar.

I did not say Similar skill. I said, can you assure me that in that 1:37 whatsoever time mark, I will see something as good as what Mikel did or something better. Simple. Yes or know.
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by edi287: 7:20pm On Nov 11, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

You think you now know more than the most successful Technical Director in the history of Chelsea. Guy. Are you reading what you are writing?

Rohr is not dictating for Conte. It is Conte's career for all he cares. Rohr made it clear. I will not punish a player who respects and loves his country.
Wait...so emenalo, not Conte should be the one asked the reason why Mikel isn't picked?? What business does Emenalo have with the players Conte picks? Conte has a system that Mikel doesn't fit into...he sees mikel everyday and feels matic and Kante are more suited to it. Doesn't mean him, cesc and Terry are bad players. That's what you guys don't seem to get.
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by edi287: 7:20pm On Nov 11, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I did not say Similar skill. I said, can you assure me that in that 1:37 whatsoever time mark, I will see something as good as what Mikel did or something better. Simple. Yes or know.
Yes you will.
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by edi287: 7:23pm On Nov 11, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Abeg.... Just roll along... You watched Rio 2016 indeed... Skypsorts, bbc, pundits and stats holders in world football that matter rate mikel so highly... And you call chelsea fans.... Hahahaha...

Same bbc, skysports, pundits that rated matic as the best DM in the league in 14/15 season and also said Matic was the better DM? Whatever you say....
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by grandstar(m): 7:29pm On Nov 11, 2016
blueto:
Mikel has gone through a lot at Chelsea, I think it is time for him to move on by making optimal use of the next transfer window.

This is one of the reasons why I ceased from supporting foreign Football Clubs.

At what age?
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:34pm On Nov 11, 2016
edi287:

Same bbc, skysports, pundits that rated matic as the best DM in the league in 14/15 season and also said Matic was the better DM? Whatever you say....

Matic tanked under Mourinho. Matic has had poor games. Something that hardly attributed to Mikel. Mikel gets dropped based on preference. Matic got dropped for being poor. Food for thought

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:34pm On Nov 11, 2016
Looollll.... Nooo... Whatever you say.... Matic dribbles better... Loolll... So it's whatever you say.

Matic the better DM?? Stop lying abeg... Suit yourself shaa...

edi287:

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by EXCEL1231: 7:34pm On Nov 11, 2016
Imagine Mikel reading all this hu Na post.. now heart attack o
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:37pm On Nov 11, 2016
edi287:

Wait...so emenalo, not Conte should be the one asked the reason why Mikel isn't picked?? What business does Emenalo have with the players Conte picks? Conte has a system that Mikel doesn't fit into...he sees mikel everyday and feels matic and Kante are more suited to it. Doesn't mean him, cesc and Terry are bad players. That's what you guys don't seem to get.

I guess you do not understand the role of a Club's Technical Director. Let alone Chelsea's most successful Technical Director. No wonder you are arguing what you do not understand.
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by jelel6: 7:38pm On Nov 11, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Whatever makes you sleep well bruv.... Loolll

Class beats Class.... No sentiments.

i have listen to all this guy has to say and i just realize this; you are a sentimental fool. in asa`s voice. to avoid further insults, dont display your ignorance in public again. don't bother replying because i won't read. garbage like mikel.
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:41pm On Nov 11, 2016
edi287:

Yes you will.

I asked you repeatedly and you insisted. There is none there better than what Mikel did. This is what annoys me.

Go back and watch that Mikel clip again. It is just 16 secs. Watch the spin he made with the ball close to him.
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:42pm On Nov 11, 2016
*smh* just sardonic... Lolll

Take no.3 in the mikel haters team... You are their left back.... Loollll

jelel6:
[s]i have listen to all this guy has to say and i just realize this; you are a sentimental fool. in asa`s voice. to avoid further insults, dont display your ignorance in public again. don't bother replying because i won't read. garbage like mikel.[/s]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:43pm On Nov 11, 2016
jelel6:
i have listen to all this guy has to say and i just realize this; you are a sentimental fool. in asa`s voice. to avoid further insults, dont display your ignorance in public again. don't bother replying because i won't read. garbage like mikel.

Mikel Garbage? That shows your understanding of football. You call one of Africa's most achieving footballing exports garbage.

2 Likes

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:43pm On Nov 11, 2016
Dont mind these guys.... They will rather pluck out their eyes than to actually "see" the truth...

Club allegiances and previous dislike for mikel has blinded them all.... Loolllll

TheGoodJoe:

I asked you repeatedly and you insisted. There is none there better than what Mikel did. The is what annoys me.

Go back and watch that Mikel clip again. It I just 16 secs. Watch the spin he made with the ball close to him.

1 Like

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by jelel6: 7:46pm On Nov 11, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Matic tanked under Mourinho. Matic has had poor games. Something that hardly attributed to Mikel. Mikel gets dropped based on preference. Matic got dropped for being poor. Food for thought
you cant drop mikel when his never playing. good players dont spend 10 years at a club and play just over 300 times across ten seasons. #mikelnotgoodenough
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:48pm On Nov 11, 2016
jelel6:
you cant drop mikel when his never playing. good players dont spend 10 years at a club and play just over 300 times across ten seasons. #mikelnotgoodenough

Just look at. One of the most capped players in the history of Chelsea and you are saying not good enough. Just look at. For an African in a club like Chelsea. And you say not good enough.

Look at his medals and write not good enough. Players like Matic dream of a career like Mikel and you say not good enough.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by Rockyrascal(m): 7:49pm On Nov 11, 2016
blueto:
Mikel has gone through a lot at Chelsea, I think it is time for him to move on by making optimal use of the next transfer window.

This is one of the reasons why I ceased from supporting foreign Football Clubs.
thank u....you just said my mind.

2 Likes

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by jelel6: 7:49pm On Nov 11, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Mikel Garbage? That shows your understanding of football. You call one of Africa's most achieving footballing export garbage.
maybe not as garbage as the word 'garbage' but he his close
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:50pm On Nov 11, 2016
He was one of the major players in every title won during his stay at Chelsea except for the EPL win of Chelsea in the 2014/15 season.

Not good enough huh?? And you're good enough?? Looollllll

jelel6:

1 Like

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:58pm On Nov 11, 2016
jelel6:
maybe not as garbage as the word 'garbage' but he his close

I will put this as politely as I can. The quoted shows your thorough lack of understanding of football in general.

When a bright and respected coach explained that Mikel's football is beautiful. Then someone like you tag him close to garbage, It shows you are lost in what you are arguing.

When we talk of the art of beautiful football, it talks of a pretty site while watching football being played. Guus Hiddink is from the time when Beautiful football reigned. Think of the time of Cruyff and co.

A man who watched these kind of men and know them closely tagged Mikel beautiful and you want me to the your words seriously.
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by edi287: 7:59pm On Nov 11, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Looollll.... Nooo... Whatever you say.... Matic dribbles better... Loolll... So it's whatever you say.

Matic the better DM?? Stop lying abeg... Suit yourself shaa...

Ok ooo...if you want me to bring articles from the same "sources" you mentioned saying this, I can do it very easily. Both oh well...
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by edi287: 8:01pm On Nov 11, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I asked you repeatedly and you insisted. There is none there better than what Mikel did. This is what annoys me.

Go back and watch that Mikel clip again. It is just 16 secs. Watch the spin he made with the ball close to him.
1:34 -1:37 where he operated in tight spaces isn't better than that Mikel move?? OK ooo...that Mikel clip only proved my point about him being better that shielding the ball
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:03pm On Nov 11, 2016
edi287:

1:34 -1:37 where he operated in tight spaces isn't better than that Mikel move?? OK ooo...that Mikel clip only proved my point about him being better that shielding the ball

You can imagine.

Operating in tight spaces. Lolllll. You guys are hilarious.

I said, go and watch that spin Mikel did and the magnificent way the ball stayed glued to him. What is operating in tight space
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by edi287: 8:03pm On Nov 11, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I guess you do not understand the role of a Club's Technical Director. Let alone Chelsea's most successful Technical Director. No wonder you are arguing what you do not understand.
Again, is Emenalo the right person to tell Rohr why Mikel isn't playing?? I know the job of a TD, but regardless of Emenalo suggestions to Conte, Conte will make the final decision on who to start based on what he sees everyday in training. That is a fact...
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:05pm On Nov 11, 2016
edi287:

Again, is Emenalo the right person to tell Rohr why Mikel isn't playing?? I know the job of a TD, but regardless of Emenalo suggestions to Conte, Conte will make the final decision on who to start based on what he sees everyday in training. That is a fact...

I said, go and read on the role of a technical director in a club before displaying that you do not understand what you are arguing.
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by edi287: 8:05pm On Nov 11, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

You can imagine.

Operating in tight spaces. Lolllll. You guys are hilarious.

I said, go and watch that spin Mikel did and the magnificent way the ball stayed glued to him. What is operating in tight space
The video I posted already showed Matic's dribbling skills...I could get another one if you want.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ghana's John Boye Pictured Kissing His Share Of $3 Million Cash Bonus / Why I Dumped Nigeria For Qatar — Asia’s Fastest Man, Ogunode / Eden Hazard Set His Sights On Real Madrid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.