Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,173 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:04 AM

Can Marrying Someone With Divorced Parents Be An Issue? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can Marrying Someone With Divorced Parents Be An Issue? (507 Views)

When Should Parents Be Involved In Their Children's Relationship? / What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? / My Girlfriend Is Marrying Someone Else (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Marrying Someone With Divorced Parents Be An Issue? by Nobody: 9:50am On Nov 11, 2016
Good morning Nairalanders,

There is a girl I admired a couple of years ago but I could not carry on with her because I was a lecturer in a different department and I believe it is unethical/unprofessional for me to date a student in my faculty. I saw her briefly twice during her NYSC but I didn't proceed because I was preparing to leave Nigeria. Recently, we reconnected and are getting along well. Last night, I asked my friend in the department she graduated from about her and he said she is a good girl but her parents are divorced. I have not asked about this.

Please can this be an issue if I eventually marry her?

Thank you.
Re: Can Marrying Someone With Divorced Parents Be An Issue? by makydebbie(f): 9:54am On Nov 11, 2016
Personally,its not an issue. It may even help her to learn from her parents mistakes and make her marriage a success.

1 Like

Re: Can Marrying Someone With Divorced Parents Be An Issue? by mii4u(f): 10:01am On Nov 11, 2016
Most pple don't see it as a very good idea, but I have seen couples rom broken homes thriving in their marriages cod most of them have resolved not to toe their parents line
Re: Can Marrying Someone With Divorced Parents Be An Issue? by Nobody: 10:01am On Nov 11, 2016

this shouldn't even be an issue. you're marrying Her, Not her parents.

well, except You think science has somehow evolved and divorces are Now Genetically transferred to offsprings? undecided SMH
Re: Can Marrying Someone With Divorced Parents Be An Issue? by Nobody: 10:06am On Nov 11, 2016
Thank you so much. You have some points there.
Re: Can Marrying Someone With Divorced Parents Be An Issue? by jopretty(f): 10:06am On Nov 11, 2016
It is not at all. Except you want to make an issue out of it.
Re: Can Marrying Someone With Divorced Parents Be An Issue? by ndcide(m): 10:19am On Nov 11, 2016
Trust me people will easily dismiss it as not an issue.

Some of the traits that caused the separation may be hidden somewhere. If it's not purged, you'll have to contend with it in future.

If you like be scientific about it, you'll just be deceiving yourself.
Re: Can Marrying Someone With Divorced Parents Be An Issue? by Mimzyy(f): 10:22am On Nov 11, 2016
Different strokes for different folks

Her personality is what you should try to study/understand. That a child was raised by both parents is not even a yardstick for a successful marriage when he/she eventually decides to settle down. Each to his own. Understand your woman and you'll get your answer(s). All the best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Marrying Someone With Divorced Parents Be An Issue? by habsydiamond(m): 10:50pm On Oct 18, 2018
It can be an issue ooo. Cos sometimes it's inheritable from parents too....one as to be careful..

(1) (Reply)

When The Boyfriend You Love Is Not Ready For Marriage / Ladies!!!!! / Patience Is Truly A Virtue. Must Read!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.