Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,537 members, 7,823,349 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old (15947 Views)

25 Years After Samuel Okwaraji Slumped And Died On The Field / Howard Webb Retires From Refereeing After 25 Years / 18 Under-17 Eaglets Fail MRI Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by switch47(m): 1:52pm On Nov 03, 2009
football age came from the western world!!
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by dramenda(f): 2:03pm On Nov 03, 2009
NO
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by FBS: 2:03pm On Nov 03, 2009
dramenda:

NO CAURSE FOR CONTROL EVERYTHING IS UNDER ALARM, grin
DRAMENDA OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
grin grin grin
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by IFELEKE(m): 2:05pm On Nov 03, 2009
switch47:

LIE!! i guess at this point we should focus on the tounament and not bring this up. matters like this should be hotly debated either before or after the U-17 world cup. just enjoy the games for now. all the bomb shells can follow after the games. thanks.

Scenario Abuja stadium     ( Germany vs Argentina)
  Germany trailing 2-1 and in a hurry) Ball goes out of play
German skipper to ball boy
G skipper-  Hey you small R*t get me the F8ucking ball
Ball boy- you dey crase, no be 2 years you take senior me, me and your goalkeeper na mate o

same day

Nigeria vs Honduras

Nigerian skipper-(to the same ball boy) o boy throw this ball sharp sharp na.
Ball boy- Uncle , you dont forget my name?
Nigeria skipper- (quickly asks) i know you before, common throw ball give me.Abi Ogun dey kill you??
Ball Ball- Uncle no vex, Mr Godey Aighbge  pikin, you dey come pluck coconut for we area, My papa na your junior for school. grin grin grin i hail o

dude you are nuts! grin
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by bisiaet: 2:11pm On Nov 03, 2009
Pls I keep on calling on everybody posting on this site to please wake up from slumber know what you want to post before posting it and have a good sense of judgement before posting anything, Pls in what living heaven will anybody now come out and be talking of age problem when the game is almost over where were they all this long? Why is it Nigerian are always in their life just keep seeking the downfrall of Nigeria at all time now FIFA is at rest now we are raising another controversial issue again pls why? why? and why? If this so called Chiefwhatever dont know what to say he should keep quiet just too late for this now just keep quiet, God bless.
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by Ibime(m): 2:11pm On Nov 03, 2009
Chief Adokiye Amaesimaka has never disappointed me.

I salute the chief for exposing the sordid underbelly of the NFF.
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by Sagamite(m): 2:22pm On Nov 03, 2009
FBS:

@Sagamite, I'd expect you to be more open on this.

1. Have you ever thought of where the phrase "football age" came from?

No. What is your point?

FBS:

2. At least 3 (if not more) of the players in The Manshaft featured for the Euro U-17 last year and by all means they DO NOT look that age. Much more older if you ask me.

What is "The Manshaft"? Sounds German to me but please confirm. And if it is, are you saying Germany are using over-aged players? If so, where do you reside?

FBS:

3. The tests were performed both in Nigeria and and you don't know for a fact that the test performed in Doha was by Nigerian officials. . .That my brother nullifies that claim (that the two test were performed by Nigerian officials). Those who failed were dropped, what other proof are you looking for?

It does not nullify anything, you are just looking for any small element of doubt you can throw in the equation (I saw you doing the same in the Ribadu $15m thread despite overwhelming logical conclusions). That is why I have gone to do extensive research to ensure I don't give you the space. Nigeria was the one that did the scan in Nigeria and Doha, FIFA is going to do it on random players AT THE tournament. Evidence is here because I knew you will not accept logical conclusions:

http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/developing/medical/news/newsid=1121679.html

As I said, I understand the Naija mentality & style and I think I speculated correctly, considering this fact I just dug up. More evidence that logical conclusions is useful in some certain situations.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Sport/5471586-147/Player_dropped_for_failing_age_test.csp

FBS:

4. The highligted is a GROSS MISTAKE on your path. Boris Onischenko, Fred Lorz, Briatore, Michael Schumacher, The Spanish Paralympics Basketball Team and a host of others. Do they sound familiar to you?

And your point is?

FBS:

5. If truely, Adokie is saying the truth then I second the idea that not only should Chukwudi come out and debunk these claims, Adokie should also mention other players that played in the same team with him (Chukwudi).

Agreed. But after the tournament, no point huffing and puffing now and distracting the team.

FBS:

6. Looking at the players in this tourney, one can boldly say that most of them "look" more than 17 with the exception of Brazil, Gambia and maybe one or two other countries. 

I repeat, all the players of Western advanced countries are ALL at or below 17
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by chire(m): 2:29pm On Nov 03, 2009
Hmmm, i dont know why i'm not surprised.
Is the MRI not supposed to detect overaged players?How did the captain manage to pass the test?maybe they used sub-standard machine,or they have done abracadabra to the mri result.
nfa or whatever their changed name is now is just doing everything in their power to make football loving nigerians unhappy.first it was our super eagles,then flying eagles,and now this scandal with the golden eaglets.
the chukwudi guy does not look 17yrs at all.
i want to think this is not true cos if if is,then we might as well kiss underaged competitions goodbye for some time to come.
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by FBS: 2:34pm On Nov 03, 2009
Sagamite:

No. What is your point?
Sorry but how else do you want me to explain?

What is "The Manshaft"? Sounds German to me but confirm. And if it is, are you saying Germany are using over-aged players? If so, where do you reside?
Where I reside is irrelevant to this subject matter and yes Manshaft is German. (Where is Dayo when you need him  grin)

It does not nullify anything, you are just looking for any small element of doubt you can throw in the equation (I saw you doing the same in the Ribadu $15m thread despite overwhelming logical conclusions). That is why I have gone to do extensive research to ensure I don't give you the space. Nigeria was the one that did the scan in Nigeria and Doha, FIFA is going to do it on random players AT THE tournament. Evidence is here because I knew you will not accept logical conclusions:

http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/developing/medical/news/newsid=1121679.html
Oh there you go. And what will you say if and when FIFA conducts their test and ALL the players including Chukwudi pass the test?  undecided
Really, I don't know what you call a logical conclusion? Ribadu said Ibori gave him money. Ibori said No, I never did. Waziri comes out (in The US) and says, yes there is $15M waiting at CBN and deposited by Ribadu. Is that what you call logical? Well, well, well. . .

As I said, I understand the Naija mentality & style and I think I predicted correctly, considering this fact I just dug up. http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Sport/5471586-147/Player_dropped_for_failing_age_test.csp

Again, the idea of lumping everyone to one corner is a nonsense attitude. Not what I expect from someone like you.

And your point is?
If you don't know that those names I gave you top the list of ALL time cheats in the history of sports, then I have nothing else to say to you.

Agreed. But after the tournament, no point huffing and puffing now and distracting the team.
Did you hear me say contrary? My point in addition to what was agreed was that he SHOULD prove this and NOT by simply saying so.
Heck, I can go on and say Obama was my classmate. Prove me wrong.  cool

I repeat, all the players of Western advanced countries are ALL at or below 17
Well, what can I say? Don't believe everything you read.
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by bouguoer: 2:43pm On Nov 03, 2009
Mr adokiye is typical case of the nigerian mentality.come on guys why do we always derive peasure in pulling people down,where was adokiye when this team was being prepare,maybe he was one those that have already prophecy doom for this team from the beginning,but when this has not happen ,instead of hiding himself in shame ,he has come up with this story.even if it true,the question is why coming out to speak now when the tournament is already going on. the motive of this man is sinister.he just want destroy the poor boy and coach john obuh period.
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by Sagamite(m): 2:55pm On Nov 03, 2009
FBS:

Sorry but how else do you want me to explain?

Explain why you are asking me if I know the origin of the term "football age".

FBS:

Where I reside is irrelevant to this subject matter and yes Manshaft is German. (Where is Dayo when you need him  grin)

OK, it is Germany (could have been the Swiss as well). And your point when you say they played in the Euro U-17 is?

FBS:

Oh there you go. And what will you say if and when FIFA conducts their test and ALL the players including Chukwudi pass the test?  undecided

I doubt he would.  grin

If he does, fine. There is a margin of error, but if you are willing to use a test with error element, then you must be willing to accept the errors.

But Chukwudi at 27  lipsrsealed would not pass it.

FBS:

Really, I don't know what you call a logical conclusion? Ribadu said Ibori gave him money. Ibori said No, I never did. Waziri comes out (in The US) and says, yes there is $15M waiting at CBN and deposited by Ribadu. Is that what you call logical? Well, well, well. . .

Logical conclusion is that Ribadu is very unlikely to have $15m to through away just to frame ONE man. A man with previous fraud conviction and with enough evidence on display in London to arrest him for looting and living beyond his wildest dream's limit, billions of money missing in the state coffers he ran and trying to use lawyers to block or delay any court case is not a man under logical conclusions to trust whatever doubt you have of Ridabu. But that is for another thread.

FBS:

Again, the idea of lumping everyone to one corner is a nonsense attitude. Not what I expect from someone like you.

I am not lumping everyone, I am just lumping the vast majority in public office.

FBS:

If you don't know that those names I gave you top the list of ALL time cheats in the history of sports, then I have nothing else to say to you.

All time cheats?  undecided

Come off it, mate!

How did you assess it to be that? If I ask you to allocate a weighting to their crimes, it would be minute to what we do at even school level.

The reason whatever they did is made so big is that it is the exception seen in such environments. Ours? . . . . .  undecided cry

FBS:

Did you hear me say otherwise,  My point was that he SHOULD prove this and NOT by simply saying so.
Heck, I can go on and say Obama was my classmate. Prove me wrong.  cool

I never said you said otherwise. I just agreed with you and added a few more opinions of mine.

FBS:

Well, what can I say? Don't believe everything you read.

You obviously don't live in a western country and hence don't understand the social system there.
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by Ibime(m): 3:00pm On Nov 03, 2009
FBS, why you too dey argue blindly out of patriotism?

Na because them no born you for jand?

All them jandon players are under-17 abegi.

The only jandon players who falsify age are the immigrants who've naturalised like Gerald Asamoah of Schalke and Germany.
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by saworoide: 3:01pm On Nov 03, 2009
Ibime:

I don't think anybody disagreed with the fact that Adokiye was saying the truth. We all know some if not all the players are overaged.

However, if anyone can show me where Adokiye shouted this b4 the tournament, I will no longer question his intention. If a friend of your use his son to make money rituals and you only come out to expose him when he about to be given a chieftaincy title, wouldn't people ask you why you kept silent all along?

The team list was made public, nairaland inclusive, why will he come out now when the boys are marching to glory. I seriously doubt he has good intentions for this so called revelation.
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by Sagamite(m): 3:14pm On Nov 03, 2009
Ibime:

The only jandon players who falsify age are the immigrants who've naturalised like Gerald Asamoah of Schalke and Germany.

He obviously does not recognise the level of strict record-keeping in advanced countries and the roles that tabloids play in exposing public lies.

YOU CAN'T LIE ABOUT YOUR AGE IF YOU ARE BORN IN THE WEST.

If you do, someone that knows you would sell the story for thousands of £s to the tabloids and your whole history would be dug up.

I bet you, virtually all the Western players would still be in school where records of their history in school is available.

But I bet, most of the Naija players will have records saying they finished school at 10 or 12 years old.

Football and academic geniuses, they are. undecided
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by jaybee3(m): 3:18pm On Nov 03, 2009
^^^^
plus i can easily dig up the correct age within minutes using easy codes on the database right infront of me.
All the birth episodes in the western world are tracked and recorded the minute the toddler pops out of the mother's womb.
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by FBS: 3:18pm On Nov 03, 2009
Sagamite:

Explain why you are asking me if I know the origin of the term "football age".
Er, let me see. . .someone started this i.e the culture of cheating you referred to, originated from somewhere else. Do you get the picture now?

OK, it is Germany (could have been the Swiss as well). And your point when you say they played in the Euro U-17 is?
Tell me Thy, Yabo et all look like 17 yrs? Give me a break dude.

I doubt he would.  grin

If he does, fine. There is a margin of error, but if you are willing to use a test with error element, then you must be willing to accept the errors.

But Chukwudi at 27  lipsrsealed would not pass it.
First you are doubting and later you trying to be affirmative? If by chance Chukwudi is selected by FIFA and this test is performed on him and he fails, then I say that is BAD. But what if he passes.? You can't be certain or are you?

Logical conclusion is that Ribadu is very unlikely to have $15m to through away just to frame ONE man. A man with previous fraud conviction and with enough evidence on display in London to arrest him for looting and living beyond his wildest dream's limit, billions of money missing in the state coffers he ran and trying to use lawyers to block or delay any court case is not a man under logical conclusions to trust whatever doubt you have of Ridabu. But that is for another thread.

Exactly but nothing NO logical conclusions about what you posted because this is influenced by your position on this issue.

I am not lumping everyone, I am just lumping the vast majority in public office.
Ok.

All time cheats?  undecided

Come off it, mate!

How did you assess it to be that? If I ask you to allocate a weighting to their crimes, it would be minute to what we do at even school level.

The reason whatever they did is made so big is that it is the exception seen in such environments. Ours? . . . . .  undecided cry
A crime is a crime irrespective of location or percentage. A cheat is a cheat. Agreed?
Now Google and type "greatest cheats in the history of sport" and see what comes up?

The level at which these people cheated are way above understanding. Take the Spanish Paralympics Basketball team as an example. 10 out of 12 players were found out not to have any form of disabilities at all.
Now are you telling Spain is not part of western world or that the coaches never knew this before hand?

I never said you said otherwise. I just agreed with you and added a few more opinions of mine.
No shakes.  wink cheesy

You obviously don't live in a western country and hence don't understand the social system there.
You don't know me, you don't even know where I live and yet you are making "illogical" conclusions.  What an irony?  cheesy
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by FBS: 3:24pm On Nov 03, 2009
Ibime:

Sagamite:

He obviously does not recognise the level of strict record-keeping in advanced countries and the roles that tabloids play in exposing public lies.

YOU CAN'T LIE ABOUT YOUR AGE IF YOU ARE BORN IN THE WEST.

If you do, someone that knows you would sell the story for thousands of £s to the tabloids and your whole history would be dug up.

I bet you, virtually all the Western players would still be in school where records of their history in school is available.

But I bet, most of the Naija players will have records saying they finished school at 10 or 12 years old.

Football and academic geniuses, they are. undecided

Some of you make me laugh. How can you say for a FACT that I was not born in jand? What has patriotism got to do with this. undecided

Abi Ribadu and Ibori no be Nigerians again? grin
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by Pinnacle(m): 3:26pm On Nov 03, 2009
saworoide:

I don't think anybody disagreed with the fact that Adokiye was saying the truth. We all know some if not all the players are overaged.

However, if anyone can show me where Adokiye shouted this b4 the tournament, I will no longer question his intention. If a friend of your use his son to make money rituals and you only come out to expose him when he about to be given a chieftaincy title, wouldn't people ask you why you kept silent all along?

The team list was made public, nairaland inclusive, why will he come out now when the boys are marching to glory. I seriously doubt he has good intentions for this so called revelation.

Adokiye was a member of the Nigeria Green Eagles that played with likes of Odegbami, Chukwu and Co. He was a one time commissioner in his state. He is a respected chief too. He has at one time or the other served the NFF. I think based on all these pedigree, he suppose to write a personal letter to the NFF or even the coach of the team and informed him of his findings about Chukwudi age. He should also intimate the coach about the implications of fielding such players if discovered. I believe if he has done this, they would have respected his opinion knowing where he is coming from and his status in game of football. Rather, he chose the pages of newspaper. I m not saying such things like overage players should be condoned, but elders like Adokiye should know that you dont wash your dirty linen in public.

He will be much more justified if he had done this and the NFF did not do anything, then he can start talking, but not even when the game is half way. It is bad.
It is like somebody saying the husband or the wife has skeleton in the cupboard after the "i do" oath has been taken.
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by blacknight(m): 3:28pm On Nov 03, 2009
why are we abusing adokiye? i know furtune chukwudi very well he lives at no 62 afipko street mile 1 diobu portharcourt, Rivers State. Chichi as popurlaly called did not include his surname because both furtune and Chukwudi are his first names That lad is close to 31 yrs  he  played for bright stars football club as an u17 player 7yrs ago how come in is still 16yrs now.
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by Sagamite(m): 3:39pm On Nov 03, 2009
FBS:

Er, let me see. . .someone started this i.e the culture of cheating you referred to originated from somewhere else. Do you get the picture now?

Who stated or referred to origins of cheating? Pretty sure it is not me.

My point is that most third world are more predisposed to cheating than first world.

FBS:

Tell me Thy, Yabo et all look like 17 yrs? Give me a break dude.

They look like the 17 year olds I see in the UK and I bet you that their health, school, work and social security records will all concur on this age.

Futhermore, I would give you gaurantees that the papers that these records are evident on, are not just recently acquired from the state but has been in their possesion from when they were toddlers. Furthermore, they would be at the stage of education traditional for someone their age in their country and play in the youth teams or academy of their clubs.

Do you need any other proof?

Most of the Nigerian players don't look anything like the typical for their age group in Nigeria, are likely to have finished secondary school at the age of 12 or less according to their current age (whilst being in the school team, might even be team captain, despite apparently being the "youngest" by 6 years in their class set). They are playing in the premier league for the last 1 or 2 seasons. All their documents are smelling fresh as they just obtained it through sworn affidavit in the last 2 years or less.

FBS:

First you are doubting and later you trying to be affirmative? If by chance Chukwudi is selected by FIFA and this test is performed on him and he fails, then I say that is BAD. But what if he passes.? You can't be certain or are you?

I am saying I believe he would NOT pass, and if he does, end of matter.

FBS:

Exactly but nothing NO logical conclusions about what you posted because this is influenced by your position on this issue.

Logical conclusion: All evidence points to the fact that Ibori is a crook, has always been a crook and is very likely to have given the bribe.

With his record, the $15m evidence with the CBN and witness statements, I doubt very few judges would not arrive at the same logical conclusions.

FBS:

Now Google and type "greatest cheats in the history of sport" and see what comes up?

Obviously, you would get a myopic table. Let them find out about Osondu of 1985 or Anosike of 1993 and then they would know what is cheating.  grin

FBS:

The level at which these people cheated are way above understanding. Take the Spanish Paralympics Basketball team as an example. 10 out of 12 players were found out not to have any form of disabilities at all.
Now are you telling Spain is not part of western world or that the coaches never knew this before hand?

As I said: Exception.

And I bet if I did a search, the exposing would have been done internally, init?

FBS:

You don't know me, you don't even know where I live and yet you are making "illogical" conclusions.  What an irony?

From you utterances you either:

1) Obviously don't live in the west

OR

2) Just love to look for element of doubt and try and use it for foundation for arguments, which I noted in the Ribadu debate (but in regards to age records in the West of 22 players, your foundation here is quick sand and would surely sink)
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by pcicero(m): 3:54pm On Nov 03, 2009
For all those claiming that the timing of Adokiye's outburst wasn't right, then they obviously don't know him. Although, he might have at one point or the other contributed to the rot in this country but like the average Nigerian politician who has fallen out of favour with the incumbent power holders, you cannot discountenance his points entirely.
I have been reading his weekly column in the Punch Newspapers and he has addressed virtually all these topics in contemporary Nigerian sports.
MRI as you all know is not holistic and some would have escaped the scrutiny.

I know one of the U17 players who played the Shell Academicals some years back. He was known as Rasheed Ajagun and he calls himself Kayode now. He wears jersey No 9. He was even the MVP then in 2000-2002 i think.
I am sure Segun Odegbami would know this because he was one of the organisers of the Shell Cup then. Maybe he unlike Adokiye chose to keep mute out of patriotism or whatever.
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by pek(m): 4:09pm On Nov 03, 2009
blacknight:

why are we abusing adokiye? i know furtune chukwudi very well he lives at no 62 afipko street mile 1 diobu portharcourt, Rivers State. Chichi as popurlaly called did not include his surname because both furtune and Chukwudi are his first names That lad is close to 31 yrs  he  played for bright stars football club as an u17 player 7yrs ago how come in is still 16yrs now.

thank God someone is collaborating what i wrote earlier.
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by FBS: 4:12pm On Nov 03, 2009
@Sagamite,
This UK? this same UK?

1. You are either brainwashed to believe that everyone, everything and anything coming from the west "cannot" lie or just acting so.
2. I gave you an example of spain yet you are telling me its only a one case scenario. If able bodies can lie that they are disabled, then that should you tell you how far they can go. Reminds me of an episode in South Park.
3. Element of doubt exist in everything and that is why you need a SOLID proof for everything. Thousands of people have been acquitted due to lack of evidence and yet you are telling me I do not live in the west. Honestly, if only you know my abode. Funny enough I told you Obama was my class mate. . .now tell me, is that a fact or not?
4. I should know better not to argue on NL but you should not expect me to believe something because Mr A or B said so. I need facts not hearsay.
5. You are looking at the actions while I focus more on intent. Intention as you know preceeds action.
6. None of the the German (including some other countries) players look U-17 to me. Now bite me. tongue grin
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by 9ijaprince(m): 4:13pm On Nov 03, 2009
I think this is a wrong time for Adoki to make this comment. This is a distraction for the boys. Before it was stanley okoro, now it is chukwudi.
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by pek(m): 4:21pm On Nov 03, 2009
blacknight:

BULLET STARS OR BRIGHT STARS?
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by Sagamite(m): 4:31pm On Nov 03, 2009
FBS:

@Sagamite,
This UK? this same UK?

1. You are either brainwashed to believe that everyone, everything and anything coming from the west "cannot" lie or just acting so.

No, I am not brainwashed about any human being lying, I am just using good knowledge to judge the predisposition.

Furthermore, I am making clear the kind of lies that are possible in the West and the likes that are almost not possible without the perpetrator getting caught. Age cheats can rarely get aware with it, talkless of 22 age cheats in the world of THE SUN, NEWS OF THE WORLD and THE MIRROR!

Come off it.

FBS:

2. I gave you an example of spain yet you are telling me its only a one case scenario. If able bodies can lie that they are disabled, then that should you tell you how far they can go. Reminds me of an episode in South Park.

Yep, for every example like this you provide in the West, I bet you 25 can be provided from Africa alone.

FBS:

3. Element of doubt exist in everything and that is why you need a SOLID proof for everything. Thousands of people have been acquitted due to lack of evidence and yet you are telling me I do not live in the west. Honestly, if only you know my abode. Funny enough I told you Obama was my class mate. . .now tell me, is that a fact or not?

If we wait for solid proof, then no case would pass through court. Even judges make decisions based on intepretation of likely scenarios from evidence on ground irrespective of element of doubt except the element is too huge compared to magnitude of evidence provided.

FBS:

5. None of the the German players look U-17 to me. Now bite me. tongue grin

They might not look it to you, but they are.
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by eldee(m): 4:32pm On Nov 03, 2009
Ibime:

I know . . . that guy no dey Bleep up.

Some people here are saying the timing wasn't right??
So we should be allowed to with through cheating before he comes out to tell the truth??
Isn't that unfair on the other countries??

Infact, what you guys are saying is that Maradona shoulda helped Argentina win the World Cup in 94 before FIFA pulled the plug??
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by FBS: 4:39pm On Nov 03, 2009
@Sagamite, I want to assume that you are enjoying this "discussion" (if we can call it that) and I'm equally happy we've agreed on the focal points.

1. The "West" can lie. It makes no difference on the subject or issue that they are trying to cover up. (This is PARAMOUNT).
2. Chukwudi should come out and debunk the claims against him
3. The timing (if it is true) is pathetically "wrong". It should have been done either before or after but NOT NOW!

They might not look it to you, but they are.
Nah. . . I maintain that they are NOT.  cool
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by Sagamite(m): 4:50pm On Nov 03, 2009
FBS:

1. The "West" can lie. It makes no difference on the subject or issue that they are trying to cover up. (This is PARAMOUNT).

I was hoping you would realise that it is virtually impossible for the west to bring AN overage player to a football tournament. Talkless of bringing a few ones

These are players the public and local press have been following their careers from the age of about 10 and the records of there birth is publicly available.

If I go to Angel, I can get the date of birth of anybody in the UK and the record would have been on that specific PAPER since the year after the person's birth.

FBS:

2. Chukwudi should come out and debunk the claims against him

Yep, after the tournament.

FBS:

3. The timing (if it is true) is pathetically "wrong". It should have been done either before or after but NOT NOW!

Yep. Doing it now despite the opportunity to do it earlier is malicious and irresponsible.
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by mikeoscar: 4:54pm On Nov 03, 2009
@Sagamite & FBS,
Please err, you guys lawyers or something wink.
Jeez, the way you heat-up the thread is something else grin shocked

Interesting though, cheesy
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by proudly9ja(m): 5:10pm On Nov 03, 2009
All human beings lie.

All sagamite is trying to say is that record keeping simply make it almost impossible to lie in the west especially if you are born and bred here. Infact even if you are a migrant, the age you claim the day you entered into the country will be the age you will use here forever cos the record has been stored.

In Nigeria, we hardly keep records. Thats why one person can take two or more international passports at the same time with different names and age.

I actually don't know FBS point. If it is whether the guy is lying about his age I don't think you need much proof, even Nairalanders claim to know him! (As an aside, if Rasheed Ajagun is the same as the Kayode guy, nawao, cos I say that same Ajagun play in the SHELL cup too some years back. He was awesome then).

If the point is on Adokie's timing, I will agree to an extent the timing was wrong but again, Adokie has been harping on this issue in his column on punch newspapers. He only pin pointed on this guy's case now. I won't defend him on that though.

Overall, its the nation that loses eventually. Take forinstance, if the Ajagun guy was the same I saw in the shell cup, then I will say his playing for U17 now has simply retrogressed his career. He is claiming U17 now that he is about 25. If he moves abroad, it will be almost impossible for him to develop as he has almost reached his peak. Eventually, when we are looking for players to qualify us for world cup in 2014, there will be no quality player, same situation as what we have now.
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:13pm On Nov 03, 2009
for those who think timing is wrong. i give you an award for being latently ignorant. (you are ignorant but you don't just know it yet)

So what should Adokiye have done, wait till Nigeria crashes out of the competition before bringing it out, or before the competition so NFF can look for another captain who has falsified his age and beaten the MRI scan (somehow)

The point is not the timing but the principle that is important, what if we win the FIFA under 17 and later we are found out to have cheated all the way, would that have been perfect timing, because we have the trophy, I know you guys would not mind then, after all we have won. (that is how your minds think--- distinctly NIGERIAN

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ighalo Is Watford's Third Highest Earner With £30,000 Per Week Salary / Kante, Luiz Help Chelsea End Man City’s Unbeaten Run / UEL Last 16 Draw: Barcelona Vs Galatasaray, Porto Vs Lyon, Sevilla Vs West Ham

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.