Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,641 members, 7,823,820 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old (15951 Views)

25 Years After Samuel Okwaraji Slumped And Died On The Field / Howard Webb Retires From Refereeing After 25 Years / 18 Under-17 Eaglets Fail MRI Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by Sagamite(m): 5:22pm On Nov 03, 2009
lagerwhenindoubt:

So what should Adokiye have done, wait till Nigeria crashes out of the competition before bringing it out, or before the competition so NFF can look for another captain who has falsified his age and beaten the MRI scan (somehow)

Honestly, I have to say this is a stupid statement. Stupid logic!

So you see these exposure as some kind of battle between NFF and Adokiye?

So you are saying he should have hid his facts so he can embarass them appropraitely?

That statement is too stupid, mate.

If he had the evidence right from time, he should have released it before the tournament so we respond and not get into a ban and our team is not distracted. That is the logic of most people's argument and not about winning the cup.

Get that into you head.
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by harmeenut: 5:27pm On Nov 03, 2009
for those who think timing is wrong. i give you an award for being latently ignorant. (you are ignorant but you don't just know it yet)

Messr educated, Respect other ppls opinions.

truly, the principle & revelations is important but the timing is definitely wrong. It wud have even been worse if the revelation is made after Nig crash out or win the tournament. For God sake, the team list was released before the tournament. Where was he then? I am 99.5% sure if he had said this before the tournament, all d contributors here wud have applauded him. I cant even vouch for a single player out of the team that is under 17 but if I have my fact & evidence, I would rather present them at the appropriate time
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by Ibime(m): 5:30pm On Nov 03, 2009
blacknight:

I know furtune chukwudi very well he lives at no 62 afipko street mile 1 diobu portharcourt, Rivers State. Chichi as popurlaly called did not include his surname because both furtune and Chukwudi are his first names That lad is close to 31 yrs he played for bright stars football club as an u17 player 7yrs ago how come in is still 16yrs now.

hehehehehehe
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by texazzpete(m): 5:32pm On Nov 03, 2009
Sagamite:

If he had the evidence right from time, he should have released it before the tournament so we respond and not get into a ban and our team is not distracted. That is the logic of most people's argument and not about winning the cup.

Get that into you head.

So in your opinion, cheating should be tolerated just because we want to win something abi?
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by Sagamite(m): 5:33pm On Nov 03, 2009
texazzpete:

So in your opinion, cheating should be tolerated just because we want to win something abi?

Where did you see me state that?
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by falady: 5:36pm On Nov 03, 2009
With dis kind of age cheating,Nig.football will never suceed,FIGO is still playing Active football today,wht happen to Nigerian dat played in 'Saudi 89'Ronaldino is still playing very well,where is Aghahowa & co.Age cheating will not do us any good.The only thing that we will get is to win competition now but there will be no future.This kind of competitions are melt for developmental process,but when you cheat,you grow old in just a little time.Our administrator should change their orientation.
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by Arabambi1: 5:43pm On Nov 03, 2009
Quote from: texazzpete on Today at 05:32:08 PM

Where did you see me state that?

I wonder o. Abi no be english all of us dey read?
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:44pm On Nov 03, 2009
@posters (offended by my comments) my sincerest apologies,

what does it matter that it was revealed at the wrong time. the fact of the matter is Chukwudi and indeed the NFF have a question to answer. So we get banned from the competition and it causes a big embarrasement, It would still be found out later (lies cannot remain hid for ever) that we cheated, coming out honorably and admitting a fault is much less painful than been found out like Ben Johnson (after the fact)

Adokiye may or may not have a hidden agenda. let us not question his motive at this point, let us face hard-facts that FIFA already have wind of this news and are investigating it. we had better save face and get to the bottom of this and come-out honorably with THE TRUTH.
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by Sagamite(m): 5:55pm On Nov 03, 2009
Arabambi1:

I wonder o. Abi no be english all of us dey read?

Helep me o!

I was going to ask him that, just waiting for him to respond to Part A.  undecided

lagerwhenindoubt:

@posters (offended by my comments) my sincerest apologies

what does it matter that it was revealed at the wrong time. the fact of the matter is Chukwudi and indeed the NFF have a question to answer. So we get banned from the competition and it causes a big embarrasement, It would still be found out later (lies cannot remain hid for ever) that we cheated, coming out honorably and admitting a fault is much less painful than been found out like Ben Johnson (after the fact)

Adokiye may or may not have a hidden agenda. let us not question his motive at this point, let us face hard-facts that FIFA already have wind of this news and are investigating it. we had better save face and get to the bottom of this and come-out honorably with THE TRUTH.

What matters is that, someone that has such information but waits til this critical moment before releasing it is being malicious and irresponsible.

No one says he should not release it but why time it to this period when he would be one of those that would have taken interest in such a team list before the tournament and if he had exposed this we would have had the opportunity to replace with someone that is within the age range, escaped a ban and avoid distraction in our tournament.

He would have achieved his aims without need to damage Nigeria. But, no, he waits til we cannot do anything about it, everyone is getting behind the team and we face a ban before releasing his info.

Even if he waits til the end at least he would save us from the damage of the second one (i.e. everyone supporting).
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by tkb417(m): 6:47pm On Nov 03, 2009
hmm
so now adokiye makes noise after the tourney has started to get us banned?
and here on NL, its on front page

~ The boi is a retard
~Adokiye is a retard - why did he wait till now. How is he different from the NFF officials?
~NFF are filled with retards
~ NL officials are more than retards for taking it to the front page; in fact, all of us dey crase for Nigeria
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by vwvw(m): 6:53pm On Nov 03, 2009
sad sad it is no  hidden fact that several eaglets are over-aged.
But Who the hell is Adokie Amasiemeka to whistle-blow. When he needed
to be bold for the Ogoni 9 he kept quiet and for posterity hugged the golden realms of cowardice. Even at the famous Oputa
panel tribunal, he defended the barbaric actions of Colonel Okuntimo
and the state's Milad col. Komo to everyone's disgust and consternation. Adokiye is a traitor and doesn't deserve any respect.
If the Eaglets captain was indeed his SON like he claims, then he should have treated this maturely rather than this public disgrace
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by vwvw(m): 6:57pm On Nov 03, 2009
@ sagamite
Honestly, I have to say this is a stupid statement. Stupid logic!

So you see these exposure as some kind of battle between NFF and Adokiye?

So you are saying he should have hid his facts so he can embarass them appropraitely?

That statement is too stupid, mate.

Get that into you head.

you don start again. Nevertheless, this is an exact example of JUJU journalism.

I read the original story in the punch and PM news nicely took it out of context for commercial reasons,

sadly the loser here is Nigeria.

A critical foreign press will take Nigeria to the cleaners for this [quote][/quote]
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by yommys01(m): 7:25pm On Nov 03, 2009
I am not sure if this report is true but Adokiye Amesiamaka is someone I respect and I don't think he can lie. I think FIFA should step in and investigate a little further and if found to be true, they should give us a 2 years ban ( actually good for our football ) and the government should sack the current NFA board if they don't resign and the boy should be dealt with too.

It is shamefully but I believe it will help our football.
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by Ibime(m): 8:09pm On Nov 03, 2009
vwvw:

sad sad it is no  hidden fact that several eaglets are over-aged.
to be bold for the Ogoni 9 he kept quiet and for posterity hugged the golden realms of cowardice. Even at the famous Oputa
and the state's Milad col. Komo to everyone's disgust and consternation. Adokiye is a traitor and doesn't deserve any respect.
If the Eaglets captain was indeed his SON like he claims, then he should have treated this maturely rather than this public disgrace

Is this true? shocked shocked shocked shocked

I always loved Adokiye. If this is true, then Im shaking me head.
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by DrKitaun(m): 8:28pm On Nov 03, 2009
vwvw:

sad sad it is no hidden fact that several eaglets are over-aged.

see what I mean

This just gave Adokiye away . . .this is some one seeking relevance, at the expense of what is good for the nation . . .

agreed, the players are over-aged, but why do we go overboard in trying to pull the next man down at all cost just to get to the top ?

Adokiye was supposed to alert the whole world ahead of now what he knows, but he chooses the middle of the tourney to show his stupidity . . .LET HIM DISPLAY THE PASSPORT HE USED TO PLAY FOR THE COUNTRY, AND Y'ALL WILL FIND OUT THOUGH HE DIDNT PLAY AGE GRADE, HIS AGE WAS FALSIFIED !!!

is that to justify age cheating ? NO

What am saying is that CHEATING IS CHEATING ! either via age cheating, doping or banned substances taking, so who ever is guilty is guilty no matter what anyone says /

MRI Scan did not detect these players . . .doesnt that tell y'all that even the scan due to bone type variations might not detect the over-agedness of some players ? or do we attribute this to JUJU ?

who knows ?

I read when somone accused Stanley Okoro on Kickoff only to come back to apologize that he mistook him for Stanley Okoronkwo that played for same club earlier club . . .na wao embarassed

why do we love all this unwarranted kee-jerk reactions whereas we should be using STOPPAGE OF AGE CHEATING GLOBALLY AS A MODEL OF REBRANDING NIGERIA . . .that will make foreigners appreciate us, but we need to start it afresh, it must be an holistic approach, it cant start in the middle of a tourney !

Ugbade was overaged when he won the cup for us, now he is pioneering the stoppage of age cheating !

someone mentioned that Obafemi is 32, that person really needs his head checked cos the dude's elder brother (Ladi)himself is just approaching 30, at least this I know !

have we all forgotten how some of these western countries were banned in 1991 alongside Nigeria for age cheating ?
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by Princek12(m): 9:03pm On Nov 03, 2009
There you go. That's why Nigeria will never progress. A tournament meant at developing young talents for the future are filled with baba ibejis, then five years later Nigeria will be complaining about the deterioration of the quality of its football.
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by OAM4J: 10:16pm On Nov 03, 2009
tkb417:

hmm
so now adokiye makes noise after the tourney has started to get us banned?
and here on NL, its on front page

~ The boi is a retard
~Adokiye is a retard - why did he wait till now. How is he different from the NFF officials?
~NFF are filled with retards
~ NL officials are more than retards for taking it to the front page; in fact, all of us dey crase for Nigeria

LWKMD grin grin grin
Please Oh, the last time i went to my doctor, I still dey kampe! grin grin grin
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by Nobody: 11:06pm On Nov 03, 2009
Hmmmm undecided
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by ajayi1(m): 2:48am On Nov 04, 2009
Don't just talk about this guy alone, Most of the 9ja football back date their date of birth.
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by walesmann: 9:08am On Nov 04, 2009

Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by AustinG1(m): 9:33am On Nov 04, 2009
ITS BETTER WE CALL A SPADE A SPADE OR FORVEVER SHUT OUR TRAP , MEN, EVERY NIGERIAN WOULD KNOW THAT ITS VERY OBVIOUS WE DONT HAV ANYONE PLAYER THATS BELOW 20 YRS IN OUR TEAM , SO I FINK ANYONE THATS GOT BEEF WIV DA POOR GUY SHOULD SETTLE IT WIV HIM INSTEAD OF COOKING UP SOME SORT OF TRASH , MEN, IT SUCKS. JOBLESNESS AND JEALOUSY MIXED 2GETHER, RUBBISH!!
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by Olayinkaoj(m): 9:48am On Nov 04, 2009
Which country does not use over aged? forget jo
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by temmytanny(m): 10:15am On Nov 04, 2009
we all know that these boys are purely above 17years.its not only nigeria even the brazilians i saw at teslim stadium are all above 17years,some mexicans too,the japanese below 20years .i will confrim the germans and swiss today but i belive most of them would be within 17 years cos europe keep records and most of them have been playing for academies since they were young.

adosi claim is wrong timed and i belive it was because his boys were not picked for the tourney or he has grudge with NFF and fortune chuwudi.

can he come out and tell us he played football for 9ja with his real age?many many of his collegues in europe stil played for years after he retired,what does that potray?

we all know that adepoju,lawal and co of the darman miracle 89 world cup retired 10years ago but there collegues in europe(figo,rui costa,ricardo and co)just retired.

as for the MRI scan its done randomly and it cant give the exact age but an approx age.so lets leave it as it is my people.

ADOSI is a BIGFOOL for comingout this late to tell us about fortune chuwudi.i guess the guy no give the share of him bonus or he no make am him agent
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by donjon: 11:31am On Nov 04, 2009
@last poster,
cos i was wandering how they cheated a computer!
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by salinco(m): 11:51am On Nov 04, 2009
The truth about all these under-age competition is that 90% of the participating country does not field the true age of their players. Even I didn’t agreed with a poster that mentioned one or two countries assumed to field under 17 years player. They are either 20+, 30+, 40+. + + + + + +

Let us just enjoy the competitions o’jare
And allow the this guys make their own money jo
grin grin cheesy smiley
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by famochy(m): 11:59am On Nov 04, 2009
My view about the issue is dat d right people shud b placed in the right place in naija if not no mri test can unveil naija 's underground runs grin
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by chosen04(f): 12:24pm On Nov 04, 2009
From HNIC
Truth was spoken, but timing was wrong!

================================================================
You are wrong! No time is wrong to tell the Truth
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by galatico(m): 12:25pm On Nov 04, 2009
Nigerians with their insincerity .
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:31pm On Nov 04, 2009
chosen04:

From HNIC

GBAM!!
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by pek(m): 12:43pm On Nov 04, 2009
for those calling adokiye names, i weep for you. i weep for the country because we are all heading for football doom. any one defending chukwudi and his cohort and the NFF should know that in more ways than one, you are contributing to the moral decay in the country. we talk of rebranding, but how do we as a people continue to support that which is bad and immoral, evil and ugly?
when you CHEAT , you make yourself inferior , you take undue advantage of your opponent and what this simply means is that your opponent is better than you.
must we continue to win cadet championships at the detriment of the real thing? where are the Opabumis of the 2001 edition that won silver? where are the others who would have been regulars in the super eagles? I WEEP. sad angry
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by folem: 1:07pm On Nov 04, 2009
chosen04:

From HNIC

Better Late Than Never!
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by folem: 1:29pm On Nov 04, 2009
Adokie also claims Olanrewaju Kayode is also overage.

Dow we have any U-17 in our team?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

UEL Last 16 Draw: Barcelona Vs Galatasaray, Porto Vs Lyon, Sevilla Vs West Ham / Super Falcons Defeat Romania 4-1 In 4 Nations Tournament. / Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Player Rating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.