Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,548 members, 7,823,399 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old (15948 Views)

25 Years After Samuel Okwaraji Slumped And Died On The Field / Howard Webb Retires From Refereeing After 25 Years / 18 Under-17 Eaglets Fail MRI Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by folem: 4:33am On Nov 08, 2009

http://www.punchng.com

I am overwhelmed and humbled by the tremendous support that I have received since last Sunday from within and outside Nigeria through phone calls, e-mails and text messages, for my strongly held view that it is counter productive, wrong and unacceptable for us to use over-age, and so ineligible players, in an age-grade tournament such as the on-going FIFA U-17 World Cup in Nigeria. I feel reassured that all is not lost in my country. And that despite our unwholesome reputation in international circles as a country of crooks, where dubious practices are the norm and edifying values derided as old-fashioned, there are still many that can be an inspiration for the future.

Let me also acknowledge that I feel privileged to be aware of views that are contrary to mine, even though some of them may be wanting in the realm of civility. At least, by seeing their perspective too, it becomes easier to note areas that may require further elucidation. However, it must be quickly mentioned that our leaders, having swamped us in the last one year or so with slogans of ‘‘rebranding‘‘ Nigeria, have squandered the first real opportunity to reach out to the leaders of tomorrow from across the globe that are now assembled in Nigeria and show them that what Nigeria has to offer tomorrow is better and greater than what has gone before.

I will be glad if we can all be on the same page as that may facilitate communication. Let us look at the heading of this piece, if we may. It talks about letting our children down, and not the children of any other country. The genuine U-17 children that we know are still in secondary school or just passing out of school, and whom we have deprived from participating in a development tournament that FIFA meant for them, by our dishonest use of over-age players are our children. Countries that know what the tournament is all about do not have as much a sense of being cheated by us as of scorn, derision and pity for us. We may beat any of them by as wide a margin as we choose and lift the trophy as often as it pleases us the only thing that may be hurt is their pride. While they go back with the full benefits of not only participating in the tournament, but also preparing for it, we live in the fool‘s paradise of being ‘‘U-17 world champions‘‘ with the hope for a better tomorrow that never materialises.

The only country that has won this tournament as often as we have done is Brazil. But Brazil has also won the one that really counts, the senior World Cup, a record five times and appeared in every World Cup since its introduction in 1930. Conversely, in our own case, in our three appearances we never got to the quarter-finals of any. Interestingly, our only chance of qualifying for the historic 2010 World Cup in South Africa is by the grace of Tunisia, a country that has never won the U-17 tournament and yet has been to the senior World Cup more often than us. As a result, while you can justify Brazil‘s performance at U-17 level the same cannot be said of our own.

You see, the greatest benefit derivable from this tournament is actually the process of preparing for it. That process involves the setting up of structures and facilities to organise local competitions for young teenagers (between say 12 and 15 years old), discovery of talented ones among them, and their professional grooming over a reasonable period so that by the time of the tournament the oldest among them should be just about 17 years old. This process has to be institutionally entrenched to ensure regularity and consistency. In Nigeria, children of that age bracket should still be in secondary school. That is why I have always recommended a synergy of the ministries of sports and education to facilitate the process. As you can imagine, the training programme and local competitions have to take cognisance of the academic calendar.

The point must be made that the men that we have been parading as ‘‘U-17‘‘ are our children too. But they should not deprive our other children that are truly U-17 of their opportunity to develop to the next level. Rather, they should contest for shirts in the more senior teams including the Super Eagles. Maybe, if the likes of Fortune Chukwudi, Abdul Ajagun, Stanley Okoro, Olanrewaju Kayode, and some of the others teamed up with Osaze Odemwingie, we would have a more formidable Super Eagles.

We are fond of playing the ostrich in this country, but we do so very poorly, don‘t we? It is no secret that scores of Nigerian footballers travel to Europe and other parts of the developed world in search of greener pastures. Usually, they don‘t do so when they are very young. Not only that, many of them first register with ‘‘big‘‘ clubs in Nigeria in the hope of enhancing their marketability. As they criss-cross foreign lands their identities are carefully noted. If they don‘t succeed, they may return home. Several years later, they may fake their way into our U-17 team with the full support and encouragement of visionless and greedy sports authorities, to play against the same countries that they may have traversed years earlier. That those countries do not file protests does not mean that they are not aware of the fraud. They may only give us a pitying look and wonder how we can be so short-sighted.

Only about two months ago, it was widely reported that almost the entire U-17 team that we were preparing for this tournament failed MRI tests. So, we had to hurriedly put together another ‘‘U-17‘‘ team. In the world of cable television, internet, and mobile phones, how can we be so deluded as to think that anyone that truthfully says that we have still not beaten our unfortunate habit of cheating is disclosing a secret? Not only that, FIFA Vice-President Jack Warner had credited us with the eighth wonder of the world for finally hosting the FIFA U-20 World Cup in 1999. The way this hurriedly put together ‘‘U-17‘‘ team is performing we may not have any rival for the ninth wonder of the world. Never in the history of football have such ‘‘young‘‘ players been transformed into such potential world beaters in so short a time in a country with no credible youth programme! Who do we think we are fooling?

None of my sons is under 17 years of age. So, I am not scheming to give any son of mine an opportunity to play at that level. But I always felt concerned about the inexcusable neglect the critically important age-grade sector has been suffering in our domestic football. That was the main reason I single-handedly put together and coached a feeder team for Sharks of which I was chairman in 2002/03, before the feeder team was taken over by the government.

[b]Let me reiterate unequivocally and unambiguously that the captain of our so-called U-17 team was a member of that team, and that he claimed to be 18 years old at that time. In all humility, as a legal practitioner with over 30 years post-call experience and a man privileged to have been the Hon. Attorney-General and Commissioner of Justice of a state, I will not speak about such a matter in the public domain without being sure of my facts. Only last year, this same player represented Degema LGA of Rivers State, even though he is not from there, in the Governor‘s Cup. And there is documentary evidence kept in a secure place attesting what I have said about him. If our sports authorities had any sense of responsibility or appreciated the seriousness of the matter and were not party to this fraud, instead of running from one media house to another disrespectfully calling me names, what they should have done was to immediately cause an independent body to investigate it. From available evidence it would not have taken more than a few minutes to determine the truth.[/b]

For the avoidance of doubt, I do not have any personal problem with the player. As I have stated, I gave him the opportunity to develop his talent at as early an age as was practicable in the circumstances at absolutely no cost to him or any of the other players in my feeder team. And he was one of the most promising players. I made the programme very intensive (like wanting to make up for lost time), encouraged them to believe in themselves, and treated them like my children. In fact, many fans used to wonder why I would come from the pinnacle of a club to coach a feeder team, rain or shine. But having had that kind of opportunity he should aspire to greater heights and not deny much younger and eligible children their own opportunity. Again, he is not the only ineligible player in the team. And that is why I can boldly say that the MRI scan that the sports authorities are making all the hoo-ha about is a scam, at least to the extent of a thorough screening of the host team, if you get the message. Of course, other teams should be tested too, but what concerns me most is the integrity of our team.

I could not have talked seriously about this player or any of the others earlier because the sports authorities did not give us the opportunity see them play any major friendly matches before the tournament began. And you do not make such a serious allegation without seeing the players whose names you may have only read in the newspaper. Who does not know that as some players falsify their ages so too do they adopt names other than their own. Not that any earlier warning would have meant anything to the sports authorities anyway in view of their publicly acknowledged resolve to cheat in order to realise their win at all cost objective. And as the custodian of players‘ records, the NFA cannot claim not to know the history of its players. Remember the controversial interviews the officials gave early this year confirming that it was official policy to use over-age players?

My first article in SUNDAY PUNCH was at the end of September 2007, soon after we won the 12th edition of the tournament in South Korea. From its heading, Soul searching in Seoul, you do not have to read it to imagine what it was about. Since then, I have written not less than 15 articles on our dishonourable and counter-productive cheating habit. As early as March 9, 2008, that is 21 months ago, in my piece with the heading, We can be so good, I even detailed how the authorities could raise and nurture a credible U-17 team for this tournament. Sadly, everything fell on deaf ears. Recall also the unprintable names they called me when on February 8, 2009, in a four-part serial with the heading, Still a long way to go, I advised the sports minister on what he could do to ensure that we did not present a team that would embarrass us?

I do not merely try to analyse the state of affairs of our football. I have also consistently made suggestions about how best to tackle our challenges. Despite the hostile posture of the sports authorities, I have never hesitated to share information with them that could be helpful to our teams. Recall NFA board member Taiwo Ogunjobi‘s published surprising reaction to my articles thanking me for the quality of my observations and suggestions? Recall also the ‘‘useful tips‘‘ sent through another board member Dr Peter Singabele to the team en route for Tunisia for the ‘‘battle of Rades‘‘ last June? I have always been motivated by the best interest of my country. And yet they say that I want them to fail. How can that be when they have stubbornly strayed into a quagmire and failed already?

The guilty flee when none is in pursuit. Let me make it clear that I am not interested in the office of sports minister. In the first place, I am not a member of any political party and I have never even attended a rally. Also, in the current dispensation you cannot be the chairman of the NFA unless the sports minister gives his approval. Certainly, none can accuse me of doing anything to endear myself to him.

By the way, I am not greedy for power and position either. I have politely turned down appointments even at federal level (see page 54 of THISDAY of Sept. 10, 2004). Earlier in 1999, I voluntarily resigned from the LOC board of FIFA U-20 World Cup and as chairman of Port-Harcourt zone. Of course, they were all based on principle. So, Sani Lulu and Co. should stop shivering with fright whenever I speak.

I am filled with an overwhelming sense of outrage that those that have never rendered true service to their country but have only used public office to blindly pursue selfish interests have the effrontery to question my patriotism.

I was privileged to attend the oldest and one of the most distinguished secondary schools in Nigeria, CMS Grammar School, Bariga, Lagos, where I did my ‘‘O‘‘ and ‘‘A‘‘ Levels from 1969-1975. I knew the true meaning of selfless service when I became senior prefect in 1974/1975. From that time through university and Law School, it was my honour and privilege to play for my country juggling the rigours of academics and elite sports without complaint, but with pride and equanimity.

Concluded

Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by proudly9ja(m): 12:26pm On Nov 08, 2009
^^^
So that we do not spend too much time on this issue arguing and also so that it doesn't seem like I am against the person of Fortune Chukwudi, a player I do not know and Ive never met in my life, Ild like to make this my rounding up post on this thread.

First and foremost, the question we have to ask ourselves is, what is the U17 and other age grade competition for?
The competition was started by FIFA to help member nations develop their youth system and thus have 'feeder' teams into their senior teams which compete for the senior world cup every four years.

It is also meant to promote and expose YOUNG footballers to football at the global level from a very young age.

Unfortunately, as a country (and I am not limiting the cheating syndrome to Nigeria alone, I am only using Nigeria as it is my constituency), we have rubbished the aims just so we could enjoy immediate glory.

For those who keep harping on the MRI scan, I think we need to sit back and think a bit. We all know, at least most of us know that the MRI scan is not a definitive method of knowing someone's true age. Infact, the machine only gives a range and even at that, it is prone to errors. However, it can tell if you are still 'young' or not. But even that is not always true for all individuals.

In a society like ours where record keeping is a problem and we are always interested in deceiving ourselves, if the NFF body was truly interested in using real young players for these competitions, then there are checks it could use to guard against cheating. For one, primary, secondary school certificates are easy ways of checking. A player can never be an U17 player in Nigeria if he/she finished secondary school over 2 or 3 years back. Don't get me wrong, people finish secondary school at early ages, but to be in secondary school and be involved actively in football is a hard task for anyone. Thus that is one way of checking.

Another way and I think though this may be a bit stressful but should help us in the long run is to make the names and pictures of the players public months before the competition. The coach chooses his team from a pool of over 40 players. This list should be on National TV and Newspaper for the whole nation to see. Therefore, if there's anyone there who went to secondary school with you and is claiming U17, he would easily be fished out. Ofcourse, you do not base your decisions on every thing someone says but at least, that player is flagged for investigation and once people know that there is such a system in place, it would be hard for them to try cheating in future especially if there is a punishment attached to potential cheats.

In my submission, I personally think the NFF body is not serious about detecting age cheats. They are also not serious about using real young players for these competitions. What they are interested in is their pocket (some of these players are being managed by NFF execs) and also in immediate glory all to the detriment of the Nation. If they were, there are loads of genuine academies all around the Nation that a coach can choose his players from. When you choose a player who has been playing for a professional side in Nigeria for years for the U17 competition, we are only courting trouble.
I hope FIFA does not find us out (I doubt it if they will) but its not because of the present players but only because of future players who will miss out of competitions because of our mistakes now. Nigeria lost so much when we were banned for the 1991 edition. I hope it doesnt happen again.
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by proudly9ja(m): 7:45pm On Nov 08, 2009
I thought the last post would be my rounding up post on this thread but I just saw this response from Adokie on kickoffnigeria.com and thought some of us will like to read.

Adokiye: I have documentary evidence

Posted: 2009-11-08 16:45

Adokiye Amiesimaka has claimed that he has documentary evidence to back up his allegation that Nigeria Under-17 captain Fortune Chukwudi is ineligible for the tournament.
He also hit back at the NFF for questioning his motives in calling out the player.

Writing again in his weekly column, Adokiye stated:

"In all humility, as a legal practitioner with over 30 years post-call experience and a man priviledged to have been the Hon Attorney-General and Commissioner of Justice of a state, I will not speak about such a matter in the public domain without being sure of my facts.

"And there is documentary evidence kept in a secure place attesting what I have said about him."

Adokiye went on to accuse the NFF of complicity in the age fraud.

"If our sports authorities had any sense of responsibility or appreciated the seriousness of the matter and were not party to this fraud, instead of running from one media house to another disrespectfully calling me names, what they should have done was to immediately cause an independent body to investigate it.

"From available evidence, it would not have taken more than a few minutes to determine the truth."

He added that Chukwudi was not the only ineligible player in the team.

"Again, he is not the only ineligible player in the team. And that is why I can boldly say that the MRI scan , is a scam, at least to the extent of the thorough screening of the host team.

"Of course, other teams should be tested too, but what concerns me is the integrity of our team."

And for those questioning his timing, Amiesimaka had this to say:

"I could not have talked seriously about this player or any of the others earlier because the sports authorities did not give us the opportunity to see them play any major friendly matches before the tournament began.

"And you do not make a serious allegation without seeing the players whose names you have only read in the newspaper. Who does not know that as some of the players falsify their ages, so too do they adopt names other than their own?"

And as if daring the NFF to take him to court, Amiesimaka turned the knife in further by saying age fraud was an officially-sanctioned policy.

"Not that any earlier warning would have would have meant anything to the sports authorities anyway in view of their publicly acknowledged resolve to cheat in order to realise their win at all costs objective.

"Remember the controversial interviews the officials gave earlier this year confirming that it was official policy to use over-aged players?"

Amiesimaka also pointed out that he had previously advised the NFF, both in private and in public, about putting their house in order and chronicled his previous articles on the issue dating back to 2007 after Nigeria won the Under-17 World Cup in Korea, 15 articles after that on age cheating, and one last March detailing how the authorities could "raise and nurture a credible Under-17 team for this tournament."

Additionally, he pointed to a four-part serial he wrote advising the sports minister on "what he could do to ensure that we did not present a team that would embarrass us".

He added that despite the hostile posture of the sports authorities, he has never hesitated to reach out to them, recalling NFF board member Taiwo Ogunjobi's "published reaction surprising reaction to my articles thanking me for the qualifty of my observations and suggestions."

"I have always been motivated by the best interests of my country. And yet they say I want them to fail. How can that be when they have stubbornly strayed into a quagmire and failed already?"

He made it clear that he was not interested in any position, citing instances where he turned down a federal appontment, and when he resigned in 1999 as LOC member and Chairman of the Port Harcourt sub-seat of the Fifa Under-20 World Cup Nigeria 99 based on principle and goes on to take a dig at the NFF:

"I am filled with an overwhelming sense of outrage that those who have never rendered true service to their country, but have only used public office to blindly pursue selfish interests have the effrontery to question my patriotism.

"I was privildeged to attend CMS Grammar School, Bariga, Lagos. I knew the true meaning of selfless service when I became senior prefect in 1974/1975.

"From that time through university and Law School, it was my honour and priviledge to play for my country juggling the rigours of academics and elite sports without complaint, but with pride and equanimity."

Colin Udoh
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:31am On Nov 09, 2009
Well. NFF grin over to you.

And would someone please tell me the Job Description or WOrk of the NFF Technical Consultant. because we also have a white dude performing some technical consultancy for the NFF and as this competition progresses, What is Mr. FESTUS ONIGBINDE doing and what has he done as NFF Technical Consultant angry
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by komekn(m): 7:00pm On Nov 09, 2009
What are the implications for Nigeria if it is established that we fielded a number of over age players in a tournament that we have hosted as well as participated in and may possibly win

We can all agree that corruption is the prevalent and overriding ingredient in all things governmental in Nigeria. So we are not in doubt that the NFF is corrupt, I don’t think we know the extent of vested interest by agents and NFF officials in our sports management of football. If a player gets signed up abroad do you know how much some NFF individuals stand to gain? Now you can see where greed will negate national interest, truth, honesty, integrity, etc,etc.

The issue of overage players is the tip of the iceberg, to ask the question about the validity of their ages is to insult the intelligence of all Nigerians, the true culprits are the NFF.

Now I am in a dilemma to hope that we should not get caught or expect righteousness and therefore desire for us to get caught. As we should know righteousness exalts a nation.

Adokiye I really do not have any issue with his approach I am sure that he would have told a number of NFF officials, what would be there consideration, truth or dishonest gain

Finally this soup called corruption, stealing and deceit is served regularly in the NFF.
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by centrica: 11:19pm On Nov 10, 2009
Hello everyone in the house, can some one tell me how much Adokiye The ex Nigerian international have collected for this job, he has taken upon his shoulder, by destroying this young man.He is telling us in one of his publicaton that he has evidence to support his claim, why now, he suppose to have come up with this allegation at least few weeks before the event, why now, or is it the boys are doing well, he should remember that who ever destroy others in other to make it in life should know that destruction await him at the edge of his own breakthrough.
To me he should keep the evidence his having to himself and his family , and he should leave the young man alone, nobody is interested in his evidence, i mean he suppose to have let the cat out of the bag long ago not now, that the boys are doing well. The under 20 boys that perform badly the other day no body complaint about them. To me the man has interior motive about all these, is not about been a patrotic nigerian.
That man should shot up , he should stop playing to the gallery,if is looking for position this is not the best way to go about it.
One love naija, wishing the boys all the best in their semi final match.
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by Sagamite(m): 11:45pm On Nov 10, 2009
centrica:

Hello everyone in the house, can some one tell me how much Adokiye The ex Nigerian international have collected for this job, he has taken upon his shoulder, by destroying this young man.He is telling us in one of his publicaton that he has evidence to support his claim, why now, he suppose to have come up with this allegation at least few weeks before the event, why now, or is it the boys are doing well, he should remember that who ever destroy others in other to make it in life should know that destruction await him at the edge of his own breakthrough.
To me he should keep the evidence his having to himself and his family , and he should leave the young man alone, nobody is interested in his evidence, i mean he suppose to have let the cat out of the bag long ago not now, that the boys are doing well. The under 20 boys that perform badly the other day no body complaint about them. To me the man has interior motive about all these, is not about been a patrotic nigerian.
That man should shot up , he should stop playing to the gallery,if is looking for position this is not the best way to go about it.
One love naija, wishing the boys all the best in their semi final match.

I am sure there is lack of Omega 3 fatty acids in your diet.
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by FBS: 8:55am On Nov 11, 2009
Initially I wanted to ignore some very nonsense posts here but nah. . . I will take y'all on!

Where are those acting like Voltron - The defender of the universe? Fighting for what is just. Fighting for fairness and balance? Need I remind you that Voltron is an American animated television series adaptation?  cheesy

How many of you can boldly say he is upright and just in his/her daily lives. I can bet that most of you are cheats and that is the main reason why it is easy for you to detect one.

Let’s assume for a second that these boys are U-45! Fine, no wahala. . . My questions are:

a) What do we do about it? Recall the boys back? If you cannot answer that question, abeg, forever hold your peace!

b) Allow the boys to continue what they are doing and once the tourney is over, we should take the cup from them (assuming they emerge victorious) and give it to the second placed team? - If you cannot answer this one too, please forever hold your peace!

c) Recall the boys, write to FIFA, NFF, PDP, UNICEF, WHO, CNN, BBC and demand that Nigeria be banned from further competition until we get our acts right? Again, if you cannot answer this, this time, do yourself a favor, GET LOST!

It is easy for most of you to sit behind the comfort of your home and type simple because you have a keyboard but what REAL people do is bring about CHANGE. Ok, these boys are over 17 and you want us to believe this?
Where is the proof? Facially or Amiesimaka's locked up evidence? Or because one western[i]omically[/i] brainwashed element so?

In defense of my own case, I have 2 authentic proofs. The MRI Scan approved by FIFA (I don't give a bleeding heck what you think but it is proven to be accurate at least to a very high percentage) and their BCs. Those that failed were dropped.

(Read this)
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Sport/Football/5449538-147/At_last_NFF_admits_15_failed.csp
or
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Sport/Football/5446845-147/Flying_Eagles_ready_for_MRI_Scan-Siasia.csp

What you should all do is carry out investigative journalism and show us that indeed NFF is a hoax. Believe me I, will accept my gullibility if it turns out so. Anything short of that is NOT acceptable. It is not enough to keep on rambling about how old the boys are if you don't intend to show us the basis of your argument.

Heck, I'm ready to foot the bill (flight tickets, hotel, cars etc) but guess what; I don't trust any of you because you are all worse than these boys. I will rather support them than listen to any of you. Y'all is a fraud.

The case of Amiesimaka is pathetic. He had/have evidence before the tourney started but decided to ONLY talk (not actually providing the evidence) about it mid-way through the tourney and you expect us to take him serious? So because he served as a justice commissioner means he is the truth? (Aaadonka -AG and he is FRAUD NO 1)
What were his achievements as the chairman/coach (I've never heard of that before) of Sharks? 

You can bleat all day about the age of these boys but that is really not my concern. Those boys are playing footie like it should be played with grit and passion. They have answered the call of their Motherland and have responded in the right and proper way something most of you only talk about but fail to show. As for me, I have nothing against them. They make me happy with the way they play. They play like their lives depends on it  and actually I, think it does.
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by Sagamite(m): 11:00am On Nov 11, 2009
@ FBS,

I would gladly answer your questions if you can tell me you are basically saying you believe that a 12 year old played in the NPL and scored 25 goals in 50 matches.

Are you saying that is not better proof than your MRI scan?
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by Sagamite(m): 11:08am On Nov 11, 2009
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:19am On Nov 11, 2009
@all.

Let us consider these scenarios for one fleeting moment (since we are all in the high-spirits of football)  grin

1: The MRI scan was performed by the NFF/FIFA on our players, FIFA performs random spot tests they do not target an entire team for her scan.
2: Let us assume that we come tops in this competition and carry the trophy,  and protests from other countries start to reek in and FIFA decides to perform an MRI Test and Adokiyie presents his evidence (beyond reasonable doubt), what then
3: is FIFA fully aware of the Nigerian Captains status and simply want this competition to carry on to the end before slamming us with a ban and retrieving the trophy our boys fought hard to win (albeit with suspected over-aged players).

The question here is not whether Adokiyie is evil, pathetic and cruel bastard!  rather it is why we fielded an over-aged player against the FIFA rules, whether or not we knew about it and how he passed MRI scan won't be the focus at the end of the day.

I fear the day CNN will rush to headline the news. Today on breaking news, Nigeria became the first nation to return a FIFA WorldCup trophy for allegedly fielding over-aged players. then it would not matter whether Adokiyie was the cause of our global shame-fest or whether chukwudi passed MRI or whether FIFA should be blamed for waiting uptill the end of the competition. Our words here would not matter either.

Everytime we step out to any under 16-21 competitions, the age of our players will be in doubt
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by switch47(m): 11:28am On Nov 11, 2009
@FBS
   I totally disagree with you!! 
    Nigerians are here vomitting the right thing in a wrong way in what seems to be in bad faith. the people we are competing against knows exactly what to do, if they feel strongly that there was serious cheating. they will do so intelligently and not make noise during the tournament.  the competition is still on and any speculative urttrances backed or not with more speculative gist gotten or read from the pages of newspapers can as well wait till the end of the competition.  Right now- i dey enjoy the games and nothing can stop that!!
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by Sagamite(m): 11:34am On Nov 11, 2009
lagerwhenindoubt:

The question here is not whether Adokiyie is evil, pathetic and cruel bastard!  rather it is why we fielded an over-aged player against the FIFA rules, whether or not we knew about it and how he passed MRI scan won't be the focus at the end of the day.

No, the higher level question for me is how some Nigerians can have a mentality where the truth is obvious to them but they would rather protect a lie for the sake of glory won fraudulently and then complain about similar in their society.

These are the same people that would complain about how bad things are when a building collapses in Lagos and kills tens because it was built poorly. Not realising the engineer behind it is a product of their mentality as his parents bought him the exam question papers days before the exam just to achieve glory fraudulently and celebrate with owambe party at their childs graduation and say "at least everyone else is doing it, so why shouldn't we do it for our child. Do you want him to fail?".

Who are you to prove he is not qualified to build a house or bridge? Why are you hating on him and trying to pour water in his garri?
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by FBS: 11:52am On Nov 11, 2009
Sagamite:

@ FBS,

I would gladly answer your questions if you can tell me you are basically saying you believe that a 12 year old played in the NPL and scored 25 goals in 50 matches.

Are you saying that is not better proof than your MRI scan?
Sagamite, be kind enough to answer the questions first. Then we can take it from there.

You yourself wrote somewhere that Adokiyie's utterances made you to stop supporting the boys. i.e you was indeed supporting them before that. Yes or true?

Do you mean to tell me that your belief changed in that second/minute you read his article? My friend go and sit down somewhere if you have nothing to say. With such a mentality, you are even more gullible than I thought.
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by switch47(m): 11:54am On Nov 11, 2009
If the truth is so obvious, why isnt FIFA, New zLand, Korea, Argentina, Germany , complaining During the competition anddisturbing those who are interested in the games? they know there are better timing and ways to do things if they will. their citizens are not even making a mountain out of it on the sites i have visited. they talkabout the games like humans.    wetin dem for pour for garri before? petrol? what most people are even saying here are hear say!!
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by Sagamite(m): 12:10pm On Nov 11, 2009
FBS:

Sagamite, be kind enough to answer the questions first. Then we can take it from there.

You yourself wrote somewhere that Adokiyie's utterances made you to stop supporting the boys. i.e you was indeed supporting them before that. Yes or true?

Do you mean to tell me that your belief changed in that second/minute you read his article? My friend go and sit down somewhere if you have nothing to say. With such a mentality, you are even more gullible than I thought.

You have to answer that my simple question for me to see whether you have enough reasoning for me to be engaging in a likely long debate with.
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by FBS: 12:12pm On Nov 11, 2009
Sagamite:

You have to answer that my simple question for me to see whether you have enough reasoning for me to be engaging in a likely long debate with.
You may call me whatever that comes to your mind. It's a public forum and anyone and everyone is entitled to be stupid (It's not a crime to be) so no shakes. I asked the questions first and if you cannot answer them, forever hold your peace.
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by Sagamite(m): 12:39pm On Nov 11, 2009
FBS:

You may call me whatever that comes to your mind. It's a public forum and anyone and everyone is entitled to be stupid (It's not a crime to be) so no shakes. I asked the questions first and if you cannot answer them, forever hold your peace.

My time is very precious. I would need to test an individual that is stupid enough to defend a criminal with record, wanted in London for ongoing investigations into unexplained millions of pounds whilst he was governor and has refused to set foot in UK since then, and whose accomplices have been jailed for money laundering.

I wouldn't engage in senseless "without doubt" arguments [note the omission of "reasonable" in the quote] with such a person.
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by FBS: 12:54pm On Nov 11, 2009
Sagamite:

My time is very precious. I would need to test an individual that is stupid enough to defend a criminal with record, wanted in London for ongoing investigations into unexplained millions of pounds whilst he was governor and has refused to set foot in UK since then, and whose accomplices have been jailed for money laundering.

I wouldn't engage in senseless "without doubt" arguments [note the omission of "reasonable" in the quote] with such a person.
This is to say the least disgraceful. Is this the politics section? I made it a point of duty not to derail this thread. Could you be kind enough to do same? If not because you are how should I say this, obtuse in nature, why do you have to make reference to that? Mind you, I NEVER defended him. My stand was, Ribadu is NOT a saint.
(Heck, why I dey waste my time explain to someone who cannot see past his nose or maybe you should learn to read peoples post properly?) 

You were asked a very simple question with 3 options and you are here telling us the reason why the next day after Wednesday is Thursday.
If your time is precious, take it and jump together with it into the lagoon. Who are you?

And we all wonder why the the world is in such a state? Pathetic to say the least.
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by harmeenut: 2:51pm On Nov 11, 2009
Well Well, he has come up with a photo evidence

[img][/img]
As far as I'm concerned, you dont need any proof to discover 99% of players are over-aged. But my problem is why coming out at this time & not before the tournament when the list has been released. It massively points to something of a vendetta especially if we can investigate the manner the guy left Sharks & the relationship between him the Adokiye. Will he had done the same thing if he is a member of the LOC?

Although he has come up a defense that he actually wrote NFF but was ignored. This is where the blame goes to to NFF. Also I think Chukwudi himself should have shut up instead of running his mouth against Amaesiamaka.

http://www.saharareporters.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4211:nigeria-golden-eaglets-captain-7-years-ago&catid=58:football&Itemid=182

I maintain that apart from the captain almost if not all the players (as it had been from the past & most African Players) are over-aged but everybody should remember we all got skeletons in our cupboards. Adokiye should remember he's not only disgracing the guy but the nation as a whole before the international community. He should remember that people can also dig out his past either as football administrator or as commisioner for Justice in river state. I bet he cant come to say he didnt steal a kobo in either of these positions. When you point a finger to a fellow human being, the rest are pointing back at you.

Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by centrica: 2:52pm On Nov 11, 2009
FBS don't mind sagamite, he is a very engocentric mind, as for me i still maintain my stand that the Ex nigeria international is only executing a paid job, or better still is looking for self recongnition at the expense of destroying others to leave. otherwise he supoose to have come out with is evidence long ago, not now that the young man is at the edge of his breakthrough in football carrier.
Brothers, let forget about that old man idealogy and enjoy the Game of football.
To me each time i watch those boys playing, i do really enjoy it.
Let's keep the flag flying one love naija.
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by proudly9ja(m): 2:57pm On Nov 11, 2009
Now that we have seen photo evidence, do we need another proof?
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by Sagamite(m): 3:08pm On Nov 11, 2009
@ harmeenut

What is your point?  angry

You want to tell me those guys in that pix are not all U-10?  angry

Come off it, son! Get me and FBS real proof that they are not 10 year olds that look 24 because of suffering.  grin

Your pix is not even proof they did not take that pix yesterday and they misled Chukwudi to join so they can set him up like Ibori.  cheesy

FBS awaits quality proof from you.  undecided

You are just a useless soul they have paid to destroy Chukwudi! tongue grin Bloody garri spoiler. Carry your sand dey go jor. grin
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by centrica: 3:12pm On Nov 11, 2009
Harmeenut, don't worry your self, initially, i knew it that , The old man is playing to a script or executing a paid job, why is he coming up with the photo now, i mean he suppose to have shown this photo to support is claim to the NFF, why now at the mid of the event, He want to prove that he is Mr clean, he has forgotten that any man that destroy others to leave, destruction shall surely be his portion at his own door.
Let the old man keep on playing to the gallery, surely he will meet his own waterloo.
Why is the man so wicked, you see a young man succeding, and you are trying every means to pull him down.
Did he want to say that through out his carrier he did not have any skeleton in his cupboard, let see what he want to achieve in doing this paid job he has collected.
I wish the eaglet all the best, more grease to their elbow, one love naija.
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by Sagamite(m): 3:16pm On Nov 11, 2009
centrica:

Harmeenut, don't worry your self, initially, i knew it that , The old man is playing to a script or executing a paid job, why is he coming up with the photo now, i mean he suppose to have shown this photo to support is claim to the NFF, why now at the mid of the event, He want to prove that he is Mr clean, he has forgotten that any man that destroy others to leave, destruction shall surely be his portion at his own door.
Let the old man keep on playing to the gallery, surely he will meet his own waterloo.
Why is the man so wicked, you see a young man succeding, and you are trying every means to pull him down.
Did he want to say that through out his carrier he did not have any skeleton in his cupboard, let see what he want to achieve in doing this paid job he has collected.
I wish the eaglet all the best, more grease to their elbow, one love naija.

Fool, you mean the way Abacha was succeeding and you all wanted to destroy him?

Or Tafa Balogun and Alams?
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by proudly9ja(m): 3:55pm On Nov 11, 2009
Sagamite, honestly, you must be very wicked. It is people like you that are destroying Nigeria.

Can't you see someone suceeding and leave him alone?

Ibori is suceeding buying Jets, you people want to pull him down. Fortune and his mates are suceeding and you people want to bring them down. So what if he is overaged? He can be 40 for we care, as long as we win the cup playing with our younger brothers.

And what do you mean calling them agbayas? Is it a crime to use overaged players? Afterall, other countries are doing it too and we have been doing it since 1985 and won 3 cups. Never mind that we never fulfill our potentials at senior level but it doesn't matter. What matters is immediate glory.

So sagamite, mind your business o. Same thing to Adokie. All of you people should keep quiet. When the boys sorry men win the competition, we will welcome them in Abuja with smiles on our faces. grin grin grin
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by Sagamite(m): 4:11pm On Nov 11, 2009
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by centrica: 5:08pm On Nov 11, 2009
Hello sagamite, you have shown clearly that you are one of the bastard nigerian that use left hand to describe his father's house, all you just want is to pull this young man down, surely you can not achieve that you and that old man.
You should try and pull everyone in your family down first before coming out to that young man, i know you and the old man have been paid to carry out this evil act, otherwise, what did you stand to gain by doing so, surely, you have your own past which you are keeping as a secret.
Remeber that,the young man have been destined to make it in life through that carrer, their is nothing you and the old man can do about it.
harmenut, don't bother your self any more about sagamite, surely, is one of the bad element in the society, only God knows how many people he has destroy in the society.
I rest my case. one love naija, surely i will watch those boys life @ Teslim balogun tommorrow.
One love naija.
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by Sagamite(m): 5:17pm On Nov 11, 2009
centrica:

Hello sagamite, you have shown clearly that you are one of the bastard nigerian that use left hand to describe his father's house, all you just want is to pull this young man down, surely you can not achieve that you and that old man.
You should try and pull everyone in your family down first before coming out to that young man, i know you and the old man have been paid to carry out this evil act, otherwise, what did you stand to gain by doing so, surely, you have your own past which you are keeping as a secret.
Remeber that,the young man have been destined to make it in life through that carrer, their is nothing you and the old man can do about it.
harmenut, don't bother your self any more about sagamite, surely, is one of the bad element in the society, only God knows how many people he has destroy in the society.
I rest my case. one love naija, surely i will watch those boys life @ Teslim balogun tommorrow.
One love naija.

grin grin grin grin grin grin

My God!!!

The retardation the poor education system in Nigeria has created.

I am sure this fool is one of the ones left without a benefactor since Adedibu died. grin

Gutter reasoning!
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by TEEZERO(m): 5:24pm On Nov 11, 2009
This is the moment for President Yaradua to forcibly drag this country from the abyss we have by our own actions and inactions have sank it.
First, he should ask FIFA to disqualify the team.
Second, he should sack the Sports Minister.
Third, he should set up a JUDICIAL Commission of Inquiry to probe this rot.
Fourth, ensure that the findings are implemented to the core.
Rawlings will look like child's play.
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by MrCrackles(m): 5:25pm On Nov 11, 2009
centrica:

One love naija.
grin grin grin grin grin cool
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by DrKitaun(m): 6:37pm On Nov 11, 2009
seriously I am going to be forced to declare this publicly ;

anyone that doesnt understand what footie politics is about doesnt have any business wasting his cafe credits here . . .LOL

to think the same Adokiye the traitor of the Ogoi people, the same one that is government was never bereft of controversy, the same one who was accused of usurping other people's duties as a Chairman of Sharks, the same one who is seeking cheap publicity in the midst of a FIFA competition decides it proper to bring up a photo of Fortune at Sharks . . .what does that mean ? does this same picture reveal what time it was taken ?

abeg make Adokiye go sit down somewhere jare . . .

FBS . . .no just mind alll these holier than thou people . . . .do they even know where the ANTICHRIST will emanate from ? I guess some of them will say NIGERIA grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ighalo Is Watford's Third Highest Earner With £30,000 Per Week Salary / Kante, Luiz Help Chelsea End Man City’s Unbeaten Run / UEL Last 16 Draw: Barcelona Vs Galatasaray, Porto Vs Lyon, Sevilla Vs West Ham

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.