Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,840 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Why I'm Leaving USA - Soyinka - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Why I'm Leaving USA - Soyinka (36696 Views)

Wole Soyinka And Chimamanda Adichie At The Felabration 2019, Pictured Together / Wole Soyinka With Founding Members Of Pyrate In 1952 (Throwback Photo) / Oretunlewa Soyinka Marries Nneka Ekechukwu, Igbo Girl (Pre-Wedding Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I'm Leaving USA - Soyinka by TheLegal(m): 6:33am On Nov 13, 2016
Lol.
Re: Why I'm Leaving USA - Soyinka by abiolag(m): 6:33am On Nov 13, 2016
What is he saying sef? Like say his coming back to Naija will help us from this hardship. Abeg make u go sitdon joor

1 Like

Re: Why I'm Leaving USA - Soyinka by bangging(m): 6:35am On Nov 13, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/why-i-m-leaving-usa-soyinka/171390.html

why is this Trump victory bodaring thiss man like this? Or was he going to get married to hillary? That's why I keep saying that no mater the level of education a youraba man will get, he will still sheet inside pooh then trn it inside water system... Get raat ha here mhen sheet...

3 Likes

Re: Why I'm Leaving USA - Soyinka by midolian(m): 6:37am On Nov 13, 2016
lifestyle1:
See grammer. He speak English pass oyinbo sef grin

Abeg guys support my girl on Instagram by liking her twerk dance video to help her win. Check link on my signature.

Thanks.

When u get her parents to like it on instagram, I ll follow suit angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I'm Leaving USA - Soyinka by lifestyle1(m): 6:38am On Nov 13, 2016
midolian:
When her parents like it on instagram, I ll be next

Ok.
Re: Why I'm Leaving USA - Soyinka by Runaway: 6:39am On Nov 13, 2016
since been infected by that man who called himself Buhari. This man has since not recover. He only wants to divert out attention from what is happening in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Why I'm Leaving USA - Soyinka by legibow: 6:39am On Nov 13, 2016
Hmm, baba wole . Why? Ko ba ma je eyin oooo.

1 Like

Re: Why I'm Leaving USA - Soyinka by bigglesjnr: 6:42am On Nov 13, 2016
[Prof , we know what you stand for sir. We know how far you have gone in defending the rights of the common man irrespective of their religion,tribe or even race. We know the USA needs you more than you need them. Don't mind the Nigerian separatists whose life depend solely on the success of their small god at the polls to survive. Only if they were old enough to know your contribution to the defence of human rights in Nigeria. author=BeeBeeOoh post=50988214]

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/why-i-m-leaving-usa-soyinka/171390.html

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Why I'm Leaving USA - Soyinka by pressplay411(m): 6:43am On Nov 13, 2016
I've come to the realisation that we're never going to always agree. It's almost predestined. Once there's an idea or situation, there's automatically going to be proponents and opponents.

More importantly, a role model can be an accomplished writer, artist, athlete, etc It does not translate to them being always right. In their field Yes perhaps, but not on all discourse.

Chimamanda and Prof Soyinka are by far experts in literature but always goof on political matters.

1 Like

Re: Why I'm Leaving USA - Soyinka by gesundheit: 6:43am On Nov 13, 2016
bangging:
why is this Trump victory bodaring thiss man like this? Or was he going to get married to hillary? That's why I keep saying that no mater the level of education a youraba man will get, he will still sheet inside pooh then trn it inside water system... Get raat ha here mhen sheet...

All you waste of space can't equal him till the end of time, I have lived in your neck of wood and your peeps are light years behind civilization. With the brain dead rhetoric y'all spew on cyberspace, it's safe to say y'all are not only delusional but a Kilimanjaro sized idiocy is taking deep root in your enclave.

4 Likes

Re: Why I'm Leaving USA - Soyinka by mankan2k7(m): 6:44am On Nov 13, 2016
Why can't all of u come back and develop our father land
Re: Why I'm Leaving USA - Soyinka by saudyarmani(m): 6:45am On Nov 13, 2016
HolyHero:
Trump is gonna end the world.. we're all gonna die

You are going to die...not we...who are you to spit thrash on behalf of aricans or nigerians

You can kill yourself so we knw death dey hungry you....mtcheew

Negative minded people I jez dey see everywhere

4 Likes

Re: Why I'm Leaving USA - Soyinka by Nobody: 6:48am On Nov 13, 2016
Nigerians: Prof tear d green card
Soyinka: I said his racist, xenophobic, harangues...(i no go tear d green card)embarassed
Re: Why I'm Leaving USA - Soyinka by Nobody: 6:49am On Nov 13, 2016
Exactly. Thank you.

BobUg28:
Its amazing how most Nigerians act sometimes. They tend to make out problem from what seemed not to be one. Trump said he will evict migrants from the states if elected the US president in one of his campaign promise.

Common sense should have informed Prof that such comments from Trump is a calculated gimmicks to garner the votes of most American Racists.

We agree that Trump is uncouth, radical and name it.. but that's was what sailed him. Remember, this was his first time in the game of politics, he need to make controversial statements that will leave his name in the lips of most Americans .
Re: Why I'm Leaving USA - Soyinka by mightyhazel: 6:49am On Nov 13, 2016
moshino:

You said SENILE, in what perspective do you associate Prof Wole Soyinka with the word/expression "SENILE"?
how will u explain a gentleman like prof,abusing and trading words (like a woman) with a woman young enuf 2 be his daughter in the last admin.

How about turning around 2 canvass for support for baba daura, sb he has always vehemently opposed his candidature when evth was still fine (for obvious reasons,...reasons wich are abundantly manifesting itself in today's nigeria)

2 Likes

Re: Why I'm Leaving USA - Soyinka by Nobody: 6:50am On Nov 13, 2016
[s]
richidinho:
Why is soyinka disturbing people upandan?

We've heard of great men in this world, is this how they behaved before they died?

Isaac Newton
Michael Faraday
Yaw Ababio
Mungo park

Why our thing dey always dey different grin

Soyinka kor .... Soyabeans ni
[/s]
Dindinrin

1 Like

Re: Why I'm Leaving USA - Soyinka by AuroraB(f): 6:51am On Nov 13, 2016
HolyHero:
Trump is gonna end the world.. we're all gonna die
Oti o shocked
Did you just say that?
BTW, he's right... grin
Re: Why I'm Leaving USA - Soyinka by Lifestone(m): 6:56am On Nov 13, 2016
frenchwine:

Dude I give it to you on your ability to play with words but hey! You shouldn't touch politics with a barge pole cos you always make a mockery of yourself.
Just like the typical Yoruba, dude is a two faced double-speak loudmouthed mor.on who chickens out when the chips are down.
Just got take a look at what he said above, it represents exactly what he helped to foister on Nigerians then he used his privilege to run off to utopia. Who does that? Pls don't come home, bugger off to the UK
I am not a fan of Wole Soyinka, but you certainly do not know him. He has always stood for the oppressed. He was imprisoned during the civil war by the Gowon’s government for standing up against the FG for what he called atrocities against the Briafans. His book "The Man Died" was banned throughout the period. He is been consistent, he stood against Abacha during the mid 1990s. His stand agianst Trump is never a surprise to me

2 Likes

Re: Why I'm Leaving USA - Soyinka by Ahmadgani(m): 6:57am On Nov 13, 2016
LaEvilIMiss:
..perhaps we shall wake up one day ..when only the wealthy can afford mbytes to post on nairaland grin

may that day never come in our time. Nigeria is on the right track in achieving greatness. sustainability will be the n word soon. So be hopeful my sister.
Re: Why I'm Leaving USA - Soyinka by Gaskia: 6:58am On Nov 13, 2016
After giving us Buhari, so you ran to America to live. Abeg return come follow see recession and lawlessness, may be DSS fit visit you by 1am with sledge hammer.
Re: Why I'm Leaving USA - Soyinka by madapcmod: 7:00am On Nov 13, 2016
Afonja shut up, and do the needful. Burn ur green card or remain a coward
Re: Why I'm Leaving USA - Soyinka by mechouk1: 7:00am On Nov 13, 2016
There is nothing that Trump said below that is not true. We should stop looking outwards an look inwards. We should be patriotic and concern ourselves more with what is good for Nigeria and Nigerians. America was built by forefathers that sacrificed and not the ones that looted. Do a progressive people support looting?

2 Likes

Re: Why I'm Leaving USA - Soyinka by Tonason: 7:03am On Nov 13, 2016
What is the difference between the so called populist as you put it with the Housa dullards that you enthroned in Nigeria. Can't you see how malams are behaving these days, even the herdsmen. How many times have you spoken against them?

4 Likes

Re: Why I'm Leaving USA - Soyinka by lorddumzy(m): 7:03am On Nov 13, 2016
NaijaFutbol:
Masquerade job, you no go get o. Lol

On a more serious not, na just the green card tearing ceremony I dey wait for.

Somehow, I think Trump will not be sworn in as president.

Re: Why I'm Leaving USA - Soyinka by fabre4: 7:05am On Nov 13, 2016
21Savagw:
Just Shut the fvck up and get out of my country...New York could use one less Idiot...Buhari asslicker.

Don't mind the pretender who helped to install a monumental disaster as President and then ran to USA this karma serving you in the same plate u used to serve others.

2 Likes

Re: Why I'm Leaving USA - Soyinka by bangging(m): 7:08am On Nov 13, 2016
gesundheit:

All you waste of space can't equal him till the end of time, I have lived in your neck of wood and your peeps are light years behind civilization. With the brain dead rhetoric y'all spew on cyberspace, it's safe to say y'all are not only delusional but a Kilimanjaro sized idiocy is taking deep root in your enclave.
Oh poor u, see what am saying? why is he in the America? After telling us that is only 2 type of people that will vote for Jonathan? Is among dose that put us where we are today so let him come and face it too, Was he running away b4? Abeg let him come back joor... As for you am convince that you are suffering from mental and fiscal disability... I feel your pain shaa... Take heart Trump won, and there is nofin thousand of wole soyinka can do to change that...I feel your pain boy, poor u...

2 Likes

Re: Why I'm Leaving USA - Soyinka by walosky(m): 7:08am On Nov 13, 2016
That's y d Igbos always say dt we Afonjas can fear,...cowards! Just cos of what Trump said, Proff wey think say na only him sabi use parts of speech don begin panic dey shivet like dog with his tail in between his legs

1 Like

Re: Why I'm Leaving USA - Soyinka by appini: 7:09am On Nov 13, 2016
No peace for the wicked.
Re: Why I'm Leaving USA - Soyinka by luminouz(m): 7:12am On Nov 13, 2016
frenchwine:

Dude I give it to you on your ability to play with words but hey! You shouldn't touch politics with a barge pole cos you always make a mockery of yourself.
Just like the typical Yoruba, dude is a two faced double-speak loudmouthed mor.on who chickens out when the chips are down.
Just got take a look at what he said above, it represents exactly what he helped to foister on Nigerians then he used his privilege to run off to utopia. Who does that? Pls don't come home, bugger off to the UK
E PAIN AM!
Re: Why I'm Leaving USA - Soyinka by waice6571: 7:15am On Nov 13, 2016
Pls sir, stop being ridiculous over US election.

America is for Americans and Nigeria for Nigerians. If you are uncomfortable with the recent twist of event let them be. Stop all this drama.

Nigeria is your birth place, by the green Card, you are just a glorified immigrant in their land. Come home let's build a greater Nigeria for the posterity to avoid the repeat of this drama in the future.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Life In Secondary School / Rain / Kanu: The Journal Of A Rogue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.