Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,987 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:53 AM

Transparency Is When Government Answers Questions Micheal A Adeniyi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Transparency Is When Government Answers Questions Micheal A Adeniyi (307 Views)

Corruption Getting Worse In Nigeria’ — Transparency International Releases 2017 / Tosin Saraki And Adeniyi Olukoya's Wedding Photos / Letter To Nnamdi Kanu -by Micheal A. Adeniyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Transparency Is When Government Answers Questions Micheal A Adeniyi by 9jaclicktivist: 6:44am On Nov 13, 2016
Transparency and openness are the hallmarks of a democracy and information with few exceptions must be available to the public.
Transparency is the open accountability of decision-making, it reduces arbitrariness and exposed corruption, it is also a great weapon in fighting injustice. In too many times our governments and its institution gets away with plain lies because there was no way to call their bluff, they do not answer questions, no accountability and transparency.
I just kept thinking, If questions had not been asked, Gravity would not have been discovered, relativity would be a crazy man’s tale and flying would only be for the birds, Man the world would be flat, homosexuality would be a disease and the woman alone would bear the blame in a childless marriage. Question everything!.
Who said questioning a leader is a rebellion and disloyalty, its all about love and truth, Thomas Becket, canonised later by a Catholic Pope, questioned his king; Martin Luther questioned the Catholic Church’s dogmas. Some Nigerians questioned the professed authority of the white man to rule over the Nigerian people, Martin Luther King questioned the professed superiority of the white citizen over the black citizen. Deng Xiao Ping questioned the Communist-Maoist orthodoxy and ushered in economic liberalisation in China. Even every war Vietnam to Iraq to Syria has been revisited and questioned. Their is power in question and more wisdom flows with answers.
The great tradition of asking questions is under threat in governance today. The order of the day is in this order: do not ask questions and If you ask questions, you are anti-national, anti-government, all Your question will be turned on its head to mean something totally perverse. Your questions will be met with irrelevant questions: Can you tender prove a million times for our reasonable answer? Would be one's take home quote, only irrelevant questions will be answered, not your questions of national interest.
Since 70s there has been a determined attempt to shut out questions and shut up people who asked questions. When few chibok girls were released, the question was , did FG pay any ransome for this. That question was replaced with "should we leave the girls to terror". The Millitary denied paying ransome, Today they complain the terrorist are using the ransome government paid to buy sophisticated weapon, their lies caught up.
The new rules took over and those who asked questions were branded anti-national. All I pray government is transparent answers to questions
I cannot say whether the truth will come out of inquiry but, at least, the questions will be asked.
But let me tell you, the law of transparency will catch up and there will be an inquiry into all our actions and inactions one day, whether on earth or in heaven.
@9jaclicktivist
Re: Transparency Is When Government Answers Questions Micheal A Adeniyi by 201320142015ob(m): 6:45am On Nov 13, 2016
Android phones can be so annoying. How do I explain it? I just received a notification that my Bible App needs update. Please what does the Bible need update for? Has Adam eaten another apple

1 Like

Re: Transparency Is When Government Answers Questions Micheal A Adeniyi by Hiploko(m): 6:45am On Nov 13, 2016
:

(1) (Reply)

Oga Lai Is At Again O! / Sugest Ways Raise Govt Income And To Curb Recesion / Is Mitt Romney The Next U.S Secretary Of State?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.