Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,771 members, 7,827,850 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

Rivers Election Of Tribalism: Magnus Vs Nwogu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Election Of Tribalism: Magnus Vs Nwogu (2016 Views)

Magnus Abe Of Apc Celebrates With His People After He Was Declared Winner / Voting Holds Inside Magnus Abe's Compound - Premium Times / President Buhari Holds Emergency Meeting Over Rivers Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers Election Of Tribalism: Magnus Vs Nwogu by joeprince23(m): 4:17pm On Nov 13, 2016
I have seen the very dark unpleasant ethnic biases that were hidden in the minds of indigenous peoples from rivers state being brought to limelight by the forthcoming rerun elections in rivers. I hail from umusia town oyigbo lga in oyigbo-eleme-tai federal contutiency of Rivers southeast senatorial zone, therefore the rerun election of rivers southeast zone is of great importance to me. This election is largely between APC flagberrer Magnus ngei abe and the PDP candidate sen.Olaka Nwogu. The troubling phenomenon is the kind of campaigns going on from bera to eleme,it is largely seen as a must win for the ogoni people who are marjorly from three lga of tai khana and gokana,although many ogonis also lay claims to parts of eleme local council area. However an interesting and dangerous senario emerged when the same ogonis who always lay claim to eleme land now surprises every one by cally senator Olaka Nwogu(who is from eleme) an "outsider" and an "igboman", thereby laying the foundation for an all out ethnic and tribal relateted elections. Make no mistake this election is not about APC or PDP, rather about ethnicity. To the ogani nationalists i ask, is ELEME no longer "Ogoniland"? Are they now ndoki or igbo(like we ndoki of rivers state)?
Lalasticlala Mynd44
Re: Rivers Election Of Tribalism: Magnus Vs Nwogu by Osyabj: 4:50pm On Nov 13, 2016
The Northerners call you Igbo, the Ogonis call you Igbo, your surnames are Igbo, you speak no other language but Igbo but yet you call yourself "Ndoki" An Igbo denier please get a life. Anuofia

6 Likes

Re: Rivers Election Of Tribalism: Magnus Vs Nwogu by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 4:59pm On Nov 13, 2016
Serves those victims of identity crisis right
Re: Rivers Election Of Tribalism: Magnus Vs Nwogu by joeprince23(m): 5:00pm On Nov 13, 2016
Osyabj:

The Northers call you Igbo, the Ogonis call you Igbo, your surnames are Igbo, you speak no other language but Igbo but yet you call yourself "Ndoki" An Igbo denier please get a life. Anuoifa
in rivers politics its not just as simple as igbo,ijaw and ogoni, every nationality has to fight for their right. Infact if i dey abuja or lagos i identify as an igbo man and i am proud of that, but when it comes to rivers politics its different an we do the wise thing... By the way, iwu onye ikpom anuohia,onye ka iwu?

5 Likes

Re: Rivers Election Of Tribalism: Magnus Vs Nwogu by NgeneUkwenu(f): 5:11pm On Nov 13, 2016
So, who do you think, would win the election?

Magnus or Oleka?
Re: Rivers Election Of Tribalism: Magnus Vs Nwogu by TheDEVlLHimseIf: 5:15pm On Nov 13, 2016
[s]
NgeneUkwenu:

Magnus or Oleka?
[/s]
grin
ngeneukwenu the ngeneukwenu

1 Like

Re: Rivers Election Of Tribalism: Magnus Vs Nwogu by Omololu007(m): 5:21pm On Nov 13, 2016
joeprince23:
in rivers politics its not just as simple as igbo,ijaw and ogoni, every nationality has to fight for their right. Infact if i dey abuja or lagos i identify as an igbo man and i am proud of that, but when it comes to rivers politics its different an we do the wise thing... By the way, iwu onye ikpom anuohia,onye ka iwu?
i dont think the ogonis are claiming the people of ndoki,they might b claiming some of the land,not the people
Re: Rivers Election Of Tribalism: Magnus Vs Nwogu by SamuelAnyawu(m): 5:23pm On Nov 13, 2016
joeprince23:

Politicians will do anything to emerge victorious... Amaechi was tagged a "Northerner" in 2015 elections... That's Nigeria Dirty politics for you
Re: Rivers Election Of Tribalism: Magnus Vs Nwogu by realglobe: 5:33pm On Nov 13, 2016
joeprince23:
ogoni people are the most confused group of people in the face of the earth. They are 100% gullible. I want wike to ensure that for anything, magnus abe should not win that election, just like chidi lloyd. Wike should take that as his biggest challenge. Magnus abe must not win.
Re: Rivers Election Of Tribalism: Magnus Vs Nwogu by NgeneUkwenu(f): 5:36pm On Nov 13, 2016
[s]
realglobe:

ogoni people are the most confused group of people in the face of the earth. They are 100% gullible. I want wike to ensure that for anything, magnus abe should not win that election, just like chidi lloyd. Wike should take that as his biggest challenge. Magnus abe must not win.
[/s]

Do you think, Rivers State is Agulu Republic?

Freeglobe, allow them, to play their ethnic politics, the way they feel, suit them....

IStandWithOgoni

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Election Of Tribalism: Magnus Vs Nwogu by bigfrancis21: 5:47pm On Nov 13, 2016
joeprince23:
I have seen the very dark unpleasant ethnic biases that were hidden in the minds of indigenous peoples from rivers state being brought to limelight by the forthcoming rerun elections in rivers. I hail from umusia town oyigbo lga in oyigbo-eleme-tai federal contutiency of Rivers southeast senatorial zone, therefore the rerun election of rivers southeast zone is of great importance to me. This election is largely between APC flagberrer Magnus ngei abe and the PDP candidate sen.Olaka Nwogu. The troubling phenomenon is the kind of campaigns going on from bera to eleme,it is largely seen as a must win for the ogoni people who are marjorly from three lga of tai khana and gokana,although many ogonis also lay claims to parts of eleme local council area. However an interesting and dangerous senario emerged when the same ogonis who always lay claim to eleme land now surprises every one by cally senator Olaka Nwogu(who is from eleme) an "outsider" and an "igboman", thereby laying the foundation for an all out ethnic and tribal relateted elections. Make no mistake this election is not about APC or PDP, rather about ethnicity. To the ogani nationalists i ask, is ELEME no longer "Ogoniland"? Are they now ndoki or igbo(like we ndoki of rivers state)?

What language do Eleme people speak? Why is Nwogu from Eleme bearing an Igbo surname?
Re: Rivers Election Of Tribalism: Magnus Vs Nwogu by realglobe: 6:05pm On Nov 13, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
[s][/s]

Freeglobe, allow them, to play their ethnic politics, the way they feel, suit them....

IStandWithOgoni
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Ms Ngene which APC faction do you speak for? CPC or AD faction?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Election Of Tribalism: Magnus Vs Nwogu by kahal29: 6:16pm On Nov 13, 2016
Seems magnus will carry the day?

1 Like

Re: Rivers Election Of Tribalism: Magnus Vs Nwogu by Zonacom(m): 6:16pm On Nov 13, 2016
Funny nation. The military really confused this country by drawing random lines on the map in the name of state creation.
So some parts of the S/south see their brothers as igbos? Very funny. Serves them right

1 Like

Re: Rivers Election Of Tribalism: Magnus Vs Nwogu by franchizy(m): 6:37pm On Nov 13, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

Magnus or Oleka?

I am a PDP supporter and i must be sincere to you.

Magnus Abe has the upper hand. No way Olaka could defeat Abe.

Ogoniland or this senatorial district is the stronghood of APC in Rivers state.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Election Of Tribalism: Magnus Vs Nwogu by joeprince23(m): 6:49pm On Nov 13, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

Magnus or Oleka?
even though i am pro PDP and prefer olaka nwogu to abe magnus,but truth be told magnus abe have stronger chance of winning based on the fact that most places the rerun will take place is ogoni land eg. Nowa gbam,bera etc and magnus is the strongest candidate in ogoni. INEC may not conduct election in oyigbo cause they know that with our population pdp will win handsdown
Re: Rivers Election Of Tribalism: Magnus Vs Nwogu by Nobody: 6:52pm On Nov 13, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
[s][/s]

IStandWithOgoni
And who cares who you stand with...

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Election Of Tribalism: Magnus Vs Nwogu by joeprince23(m): 6:56pm On Nov 13, 2016
Omololu007:
i dont think the ogonis are claiming the people of ndoki,they might b claiming some of the land,not the people
oga olaka nwogu is from eleme and ogoni always refer to elme as ogoni land(eleme is where you have onne port and refinary),but magnus abe and co are now calling nwogu and "igboman", meaning that eleme has now changed from ogoni land... I get my point?
Re: Rivers Election Of Tribalism: Magnus Vs Nwogu by babyfaceafrica: 7:03pm On Nov 13, 2016
Lolz
Re: Rivers Election Of Tribalism: Magnus Vs Nwogu by joeprince23(m): 7:04pm On Nov 13, 2016
bigfrancis21:

What language do Eleme people speak? Why is Nwogu from Eleme bearing an Igbo surname?
i wont say for them but here is a clue, eleme is bordered to the north by obio akpo,to the southeast by tai and to the northeast by oyigbo. Obio akpor is (ikwerre/igbo speaking), tai is ogoni and oyigbo is(ndoki/igbo speaking), so you do the maths
Re: Rivers Election Of Tribalism: Magnus Vs Nwogu by Igboid: 7:10pm On Nov 13, 2016
Eleme is to Ogoni what Ikwerre is to Igbo.

Their language is definitely Ogoni sounding, but they deny Ogoni people, probably because of economic advantage they feel the hold over the Rest of Ogoniland.

Eleme hosts many multinational companies.
Re: Rivers Election Of Tribalism: Magnus Vs Nwogu by modath(f): 7:16pm On Nov 13, 2016
joeprince23:
even though i am pro PDP and prefer olaka nwogu to abe magnus,but truth be told magnus abe have stronger chance of winning based on the fact that most places the rerun will take place is ogoni land eg. Nowa gbam,bera etc and magnus is the strongest candidate in ogoni. [

I guessed right your reason for this thread... but the voters are not on this platform though.. smiley

INEC may not conduct election in oyigbo cause they know that with our population pdp will win handsdown

What reason, genuine or otherwise, would INEC come up with for disenfranchising a massive voting block?

Are you sure you are telling a true story? Why would Wike allow such a thing be considered , let alone carried out, smells & sounds fishy..

1 Like

Re: Rivers Election Of Tribalism: Magnus Vs Nwogu by joeprince23(m): 7:25pm On Nov 13, 2016
Igboid:
Eleme is to Ogoni what Ikwerre is to Igbo.

Their language is definitely Ogoni sounding, but they deny Ogoni people, probably because of economic advantage they feel the hold over the Rest of Ogoniland.

Eleme hosts many multinational companies.
i see your point but mind you that it is not all of eleme that speak ogoni relataed dialect few are igboid, infact eleme has benefited a lot because when okrika people where busy making trouble with their igbo speaking upland neighours eleme was attracting many investments like, eleme petrochemicals, portharcourt refinary,onne port etc infact after trans-amadi area of PH eleme is the most industrialised area
Re: Rivers Election Of Tribalism: Magnus Vs Nwogu by franchizy(m): 7:29pm On Nov 13, 2016
modath:

I guessed right your reason for this thread... but the voters are not on this platform though..

What reason, genuine or otherwise, would INEC come up with for disenfranchising a massive voting block?

Are you sure you are telling a true story? Why would Wike allow such a thing be considered , let alone carried out, smells & sounds fishy..

APC has a very strong machineries in oyigbo LGA. I doubt Olaka Nwogu or PDP can sweep the votes in oyigbo.

I give it 50 /50
Re: Rivers Election Of Tribalism: Magnus Vs Nwogu by joeprince23(m): 7:32pm On Nov 13, 2016
modath:

in the last election when magnus ngei abe saw that Olaka Nwogu was winning, be resorted to causing insecurity in the ogoni axis of khana gokana and tai this single act made the elections inconclusive in ogoni axis thereby paving way for this his tribal campaign of hate now
Re: Rivers Election Of Tribalism: Magnus Vs Nwogu by franchizy(m): 7:37pm On Nov 13, 2016
joeprince23:
i see your point but mind you that it is not all of eleme that speak ogoni relataed dialect few are igboid, infact eleme has benefited a lot because when okrika people where busy making trouble with their igbo speaking upland neighours eleme was attracting many investments like, eleme petrochemicals, portharcourt refinary,onne port etc infact after trans-amadi area of PH eleme is the most industrialised area

You are truely a Rivers man. What you said is the simple truth.
Re: Rivers Election Of Tribalism: Magnus Vs Nwogu by franchizy(m): 7:44pm On Nov 13, 2016
joeprince23:
in the last election when magnus ngei abe saw that Olaka Nwogu was winning, be resorted to causing insecurity in the ogoni axis of khana gokana and tai this single act made the elections inconclusive in ogoni axis thereby paving way for this his tribal campaign of hate now

You lied. During that election it was only in eleme that olaka Nwogu was leading.

The violence in Khana, Gokana and Tai started when PDP noticed Abe was leading with a huge margin and one kenneth kobani mobilized thugs and cultist who started causing problems everywhere.

please get your facts right.

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Election Of Tribalism: Magnus Vs Nwogu by ishiamu(m): 7:47pm On Nov 13, 2016
joeprince23:
Re: Rivers Election Of Tribalism: Magnus Vs Nwogu by modath(f): 7:59pm On Nov 13, 2016
franchizy:

You lied. During that election it was only in eleme that olaka Nwogu was leading.

The violence in Khana, Gokana and Tai started when PDP noticed Abe was leading with a huge margin and one kenneth kobani mobilized thugs and cultist who started causing problems everywhere.

You are not in ya yoot mode today.. grin
Re: Rivers Election Of Tribalism: Magnus Vs Nwogu by joeprince23(m): 8:08pm On Nov 13, 2016
franchizy:

you point is valid but mind you we can not authoritavely know what truely transpired but fact is that elections in ogoni was disrupted for political reasons
Re: Rivers Election Of Tribalism: Magnus Vs Nwogu by KingNom(m): 8:57pm On Nov 13, 2016
Dear Mr. President (Our Governors, Political Office holders and my fellow Nigerians), I suggest we make the best use of this tenure to fix the basic FOUNDATIONAL PROBLEM to all our problems as an emerging Great Country: the AVERAGE NIGERIAN MINDSET! Here we can fix the many issues of our Country by using 'ONE STONE to kill a thousand birds'.
Let us use the MIND RE-DRIVE STRATEGY. This is by renewing the minds of Nigerians (as many are with respect to Integrity, corrupt) through an AGGRESSIVE value reorientation campaign using all forms of Public and Private Agencies and media; Tv, radio, internet Print media, even the movies, musical artistes etc.
If the President through his powers ( with our Governors and other Political office holders) together with the teeming population can reproduce an 'Integrity' mindset in the average citizen, his work will be made much more easy in fixing Nigeria, cutting down the giant tree of Nigeria problems from its MAIN ROOT.
'Get a person to think of doing a thing AND he will ACTUALLY and ENTHUSIASTICALLY do it.' Get the Nigerian person to think of doing the right thing righlty AND he will ACTUALLY and ENTHUSIASTICALLY do the right thing rightly.'
Then will we have many 'high integrity persons' almost everywhere, fixing Nigeria. This way, the 'REAL POSITIVE CHANGE' will be deeply entrenched and sustainable for future generations.
A tree cannot make a forest alone, BUT CAN, through reproduction. Just Imagine if every Nigerian was thinking and acting with integrity at the various levels of our society, how our Country will be, Paradise!
If we fix our 'Integrity' values as individuals and as a Country, God helping us; Nigeria will become Paradise! _St. Nom S.
Pls share till it reaches everyone, We can be Great again, even Greater than ever before!!

(1) (Reply)

Mother's Joy: Photo Of VP Osinbajo & His Mom Will Definitely Make Your Day / Jonathan's Prophecy, Buhari's Heresy And Tuface's Bravery By Reno Omokri / My Understanding Of Mr. Fani Kayode's Out-cry.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.