Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,666 members, 7,823,884 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

Can You Marry A Sickler - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry A Sickler (2573 Views)

My Girlfriend Wants To Pay Me Off And Marry A Richer Man / Can A Sickler Marry His Choice Girl ? / Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Marry A Sickler by Abali1(m): 7:49pm On Nov 02, 2009
If your gennotype is AA, that is you are compatible with an SS. Can you go ahead and marry the person, fully aware of the health challenges/ risk that you may face with your future partner, in the event that s/he has a crisis.
Please NL, I need your advice cos this guy is okay and he is nice, but,   SS.
Re: Can You Marry A Sickler by Abali1(m): 11:03pm On Nov 02, 2009
NL, please am still waiting for your comments. This is a serious issue.
Re: Can You Marry A Sickler by Shola2009(m): 11:33pm On Nov 02, 2009
Yea of course.No biggie
Re: Can You Marry A Sickler by TheSeeker(m): 11:44pm On Nov 02, 2009
Seek medical advice from a certified medical practitioner.
Re: Can You Marry A Sickler by Godmother(f): 10:04am On Nov 03, 2009
To me, I wouldnt really advise it, but these days if you have to, then there are ways you can marry a sickler and still avoid having an SS child. There are tests that can be done to determine the genotype of a baby before its born
Re: Can You Marry A Sickler by Mrblazer(m): 10:21am On Nov 03, 2009
prevention is better than cure ;d
Re: Can You Marry A Sickler by smooooooth: 11:00am On Nov 03, 2009
Love, Love, Love. well do what ur heart tells u, cos any action taken on the bases on love, leaves no regrets! goodluck.
Re: Can You Marry A Sickler by galatico(m): 1:01pm On Nov 03, 2009
Well as for me my blood group is AA o negative so guess am free to marry anybody, but definatly not an SS person .
Re: Can You Marry A Sickler by truelover(m): 1:19pm On Nov 03, 2009
What's the age of the SS person in question. An adult?

Medical Scientist in the House, Why not go ahead and marry, medically speaking you are still compatible in the area of giving birth.
Re: Can You Marry A Sickler by Nobody: 2:18pm On Nov 03, 2009
Well for me, if truly you love him/her and he/she love you too, I think the risk is worth it! I always say I'd rather have one day with a guy I truly love, than forever with a guy I dont!

Life is a risk. Even perfectly healthy people can fall sick and die. We cant make the suffer for the mistakes their parents made, I thinkt het've suffered their whole life.

I know at a certain age, the sickle cell is no longer a big problem to manage and the chances of the sickler living longer is high. If the person in question ahs reached a diserable age and is really in love with you, I think you should go ahead and marry him!
Re: Can You Marry A Sickler by SoJaded: 3:41pm On Nov 03, 2009
Ujujoan:

Well for me, if truly you love him/her and he/she love you too, I think the risk is worth it! I always say I'd rather have one day with a guy I truly love, than forever with a guy I dont!

Life is a risk. Even perfectly healthy people can fall sick and die. We cant make the suffer for the mistakes their parents made, I thinkt het've suffered their whole life.

I know at a certain age, the sickle cell is no longer a big problem to manage and the chances of the sickler living longer is high. If the person in question ahs reached a diserable age and is really in love with you, I think you should go ahead and marry him!

Not true,there is no age where the sickle cell is no longer a problem only that the older they are then the more likely they can take care of themselves
Re: Can You Marry A Sickler by chire(m): 3:49pm On Nov 03, 2009
i can not marry a sickler
Re: Can You Marry A Sickler by Nobody: 5:02pm On Nov 03, 2009
SoJaded:

Not true,there is no age where the sickle cell is no longer a problem only that the older they are then the more likely they can take care of themselves

I said it's no longer a big problem to manage!!
Re: Can You Marry A Sickler by SoJaded: 5:08pm On Nov 03, 2009
Ujujoan:

I said it's no longer a big problem to manage!!
depends on what ur definition of big or small is.as far as i know there is no age when ss becomes a small problem.
Re: Can You Marry A Sickler by romsky: 5:51pm On Nov 03, 2009
No
Re: Can You Marry A Sickler by 190: 6:40pm On Nov 03, 2009
runs away**

(1) (Reply)

I Am Not A Wood! / How Long Can You Stay Without Communicating With Your Boyfriend/girlfriend. / Na Wetin U Go Do If Ur Black American Wife Call U A Monkey?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.