Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,387 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

States To Get N20b Each For Infrastructure - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / States To Get N20b Each For Infrastructure (13700 Views)

FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister / We Will Use Pension Funds For Infrastructure - FG.. / Nigeria Hungry For Infrastructure, NOT Iphones - Adeosun To World Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

States To Get N20b Each For Infrastructure by ijustdey: 11:48am On Nov 14, 2016
The Federal Government is on the verge of refunding at least N20 billion to each of the 36 states for infrastructural development.

Speaker, House of Representatives, Mr. Yakubu Dogara made this disclosure yesterday while responding to the Igwe of Ogwuekpele, His Royal Highness Igwe Valentine B.C. Onyema Ogidiga, who had expressed concern on dilapidating infrastructure in Anambra State.

The speaker, who was in Igwe’s palace on a courtesy visit, said the Federal Government was planning to invest in infrastructure and provision of capital.

A statement by the Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity to the Speaker, Mr. Iliya Habila, further quoted Dogara as saying that when the money is refunded to the states, it would assist them in providing critical infrastructure.

According to the speaker, “As regards debts being owed to states, I can announce that very soon no state will get less than N20 billion from the money that is coming.

“I believe they will be able to translate that money into development so that they could support the diversification policy of the Federal Government.”

http://m.guardian.ng/news/states-to-get-n20b-each-for-infrastructure/

3 Likes

Re: States To Get N20b Each For Infrastructure by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:50am On Nov 14, 2016
Wrong Move! They will use it to prosecute 2019 election

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: States To Get N20b Each For Infrastructure by 989900D: 12:02pm On Nov 14, 2016
It will be better for them states to send in a list, then, let the FG pay for those itemized infrastructure directly with strict monitoring.

They will never agree though!

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: States To Get N20b Each For Infrastructure by Izonpikin: 12:06pm On Nov 14, 2016
989900D:
It will be better for them states to send in a list, then, let the FG pay for those itemized infrastructure directly with strict monitoring.

grin grin grin

see that's the point...the governors won't even let that fly...that 20billion naira as we know would end up in the pockets of the governors and their cronies...

our structure is weak and useless...

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: States To Get N20b Each For Infrastructure by Izonpikin: 12:07pm On Nov 14, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
you just read my mind...

the feeding bottle procedure is sickening..FG still feeding the states

6 Likes

Re: States To Get N20b Each For Infrastructure by Nobody: 12:15pm On Nov 14, 2016
R
Re: States To Get N20b Each For Infrastructure by Nobody: 12:26pm On Nov 14, 2016
They gonna waste it, just like they wasted the Fund given to them from Excess Crude Account by President Jonathan.
Old habits die hard.

Btw
Why do some confused people here always use "Afonja" to rep the entire Yoruba race ? I mean Afonja is just a warlord from the tiny Ilorin city and who at no point become the all and all of the Yoruba race.
So why are these Igbos confusing themselves ?
It is one thing to be ignorant, it is another totally different thing to be ignorant of ones own ignorance.
Igbos dont know. Yet, they did not know that they did not know. Their case is fatal, they need prayer not help.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: States To Get N20b Each For Infrastructure by Chiedu4Trump: 12:47pm On Nov 14, 2016
Has this vindictive and tribalist govt excluded the South East again?

3 Likes

Re: States To Get N20b Each For Infrastructure by UnknownT: 12:48pm On Nov 14, 2016
This Donald Trump's tweet comes to mind when the governors finally get the billion billion

7 Likes

Re: States To Get N20b Each For Infrastructure by Lasskeey: 12:48pm On Nov 14, 2016
shocked shocked shocked

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: States To Get N20b Each For Infrastructure by Nobody: 12:48pm On Nov 14, 2016
Next three months to come is my birthday give me some likes in advance angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: States To Get N20b Each For Infrastructure by freeze001(f): 12:51pm On Nov 14, 2016
Sick feeding bottle syndrome! Bailout funds where are they today?

1 Like

Re: States To Get N20b Each For Infrastructure by sheguy(m): 12:53pm On Nov 14, 2016
No, no, no
Re: States To Get N20b Each For Infrastructure by Lasskeey: 12:53pm On Nov 14, 2016
grin

Re: States To Get N20b Each For Infrastructure by Lanre4uonly(m): 12:55pm On Nov 14, 2016
Anyone who trust Nigeria politicians does so at his/her own peril. I just hope they would make an effective use of the money to the benefit of their states.
Re: States To Get N20b Each For Infrastructure by Charly68: 12:56pm On Nov 14, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Only God knows why this people refuse to use their number six: imagine the stupid Banana sharing move in this season of recession...why not ask the states to submit their projects costs and execute it for them ? Releasing the money to the Governors is tantamount to wastage.

2 Likes

Re: States To Get N20b Each For Infrastructure by Jakasibo(m): 12:56pm On Nov 14, 2016
My governor will be happy to hear this so that he will apply the sharing formula.

Him and his cronies
Re: States To Get N20b Each For Infrastructure by Vilshow(m): 12:56pm On Nov 14, 2016
FG should do a proper monitoring of how the money would be spent

1 Like

Re: States To Get N20b Each For Infrastructure by Category1: 12:56pm On Nov 14, 2016
Chicken change compared to wat developed countries get for their state budgets...
States way don develop still dey get over 20billion euros.
Re: States To Get N20b Each For Infrastructure by kinibigdeal(m): 12:58pm On Nov 14, 2016
I trust only gov. Fayose
Re: States To Get N20b Each For Infrastructure by EVarn(m): 1:00pm On Nov 14, 2016
The FG should pay the states for the construction/maintenance of many federal roads that have been carried out by many states over the years in Nigeria; I think this is a good development,the states have a chance of using the funds for infrastrucural projects.

However,I think the states should seriously start looking inwards in generating revenue,at this stage,it is the states that ought to be remitting there excess to the national treasury,not the other way round.
Re: States To Get N20b Each For Infrastructure by Jakasibo(m): 1:02pm On Nov 14, 2016
Wrong move by the FG are they going to put the states on check?
and also put the checkers on check too
Re: States To Get N20b Each For Infrastructure by helinues: 1:02pm On Nov 14, 2016
Only if they can monitor those state governors.. We all put all of our blames on Federal government without checking the state Governors.

We don tire for dem release this or that.. We need action
Re: States To Get N20b Each For Infrastructure by TheNonce: 1:03pm On Nov 14, 2016
grin

Some Oloshos, political jobbers, con men, native doctors and estate agents in Europe, dubai and the u.s are about to hammer!

1 Like

Re: States To Get N20b Each For Infrastructure by Tibins(m): 1:03pm On Nov 14, 2016
989900D:

Federal government is not any better my dear.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: States To Get N20b Each For Infrastructure by Koolking(m): 1:04pm On Nov 14, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Bad move if they use it prosecute 2019 election.

We are in the era of accountability and change by force. The fear of Buhari is the beginning of wisdom. Dasuki can explain better

1 Like

Re: States To Get N20b Each For Infrastructure by justmenoni: 1:04pm On Nov 14, 2016
Best Option.....so if the said contractors fail to do their Job they can be prosecuted but like you have just said the state government wouldn't agree cos i'm sure they would steal a large part of this money...the problem of this country is mostly as a result of the state governors but pretty bad no one blames them, instead they'll put all the blames on the FG...why do we have the local council chairman and state govt in the first instance?

989900D:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: States To Get N20b Each For Infrastructure by Nicholas007: 1:06pm On Nov 14, 2016
my own opinion is that federal government should use it to do all the federal government road in each state like Ondo Ekiti that is Akure to ikere road . so that they can monitor the use of the money
Re: States To Get N20b Each For Infrastructure by Nobody: 1:07pm On Nov 14, 2016
Money that they won't give account nor pay workers salary with it.*in Drogba's voice* our leaders are a fvcking disgrace.
Re: States To Get N20b Each For Infrastructure by ChimaAdeoye: 1:08pm On Nov 14, 2016
kinibigdeal:
I trust only gov. Fayose

[size=13pt]I trust all the governors more than epic fraud happening at the federal level.

Although the Federal government corners a whopping 52% of the federation account and the States get a paltry 22-26%, the states have built more infrastructure in all the state capitals and other cities than the FG.

Just look around you today, from Housing to roads to rural electrification to education to health, it is the state governments building any new infrastructure you see!

What happened to the 52% that the FG reserved for itself under the pretense of developing Nigeria? They use them to pay fat salaries to senators & politicians and steal the remaining.
[/size]

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Army To Set Up Cattle Ranches Nationwide / PDP Youths Fault FG On Dapchi Girls Release / 2023: Demand Written Agreement From APC, Buhari, Shehu Sani Tells Igbo, Yoruba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.