Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,122 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister (14928 Views)

Kogi 2019: Faleke Backs Out Of Kogi Governorship Race / Buhari To FCT Residents: You Are Necessary Evil Despite Voting PDP / Nnamdi Kanu Backs Out Of South-East Governors’ Peace Parley (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister by WisdomFlakes: 2:10pm On Nov 28, 2017
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/11/fct-residents-pay-infrastructure-govt-backs-minister/

FCT Minister Malam Bello Muhammad has said that residents of the territory may have to pay for infrastructure as government could no longer continue to fund it.

Muhammad said this while on an inspection tour of ongoing road projects by the FCT, being executed by Gilmort Engineering Ltd. on Tuesday in Abuja.

FCT Minister, Malam Muhammad Musa-Bello
He said, tremendous amounts are needed for the provision of infrastructure in many of the districts of the FCT.

According to him, while it was possible in the past to develop the FCT, the reality now is that to develop each plot now requires tremendous amount of resources.

“I think it is just a matter of time, we will have no option but to ensure that every plot has to pay for itself.

” If you look at it on a plot to plot basis the cost of infrastructure for a plot is so high and if you look at what people pay to government it is so negligible,” he said.

According to him, 30 years ago when Abuja was created and people were encouraged to come in, it made a lot of sense for government to provide infrastructure.

Muhammad said this was because infrastructure had not matched the level of development, adding that this had to be so because government could no longer fund infrastructure, while allocating plot for free.

According to him, this is something that requires “all of us to really sit down as stakeholders and not just the FCT administration”.

He stated that if residents of FCT craved for first class infrastructure, they have to be willing to pay for it.

“That is why the development of the city without given due cognisance to funding and providing for infrastructure does not help the city.

” That is why you see that the city has so many districts with 100 per cent houses without infrastructure,” he said.

He commended the contractor for doing a good job based on the level of work on ground.

Mr Ben Simon, Chief Engineer, Gilmor Engineering Ltd said the company is determined to complete the project in 20 months.

He said that Phase I Guzape District HD has been completed and the company was working hard to ensure the completion of Phase II.

The minister visited Guzape and Jahi districts of the FCT.

Lalasticlala, Mynd44

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister by coolcharm(m): 2:24pm On Nov 28, 2017
What kind of nonsense is this?

If government can not provide infrastructure,

Then what else can government do?

This is a very reckless statement.

When the residents are done building the infrastructure, then government will come and take bills on Water, Power... e.t.c right?

#Catapiller fall on this government

If they don't repent of their clueless

81 Likes 1 Share

Re: FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister by Desyner: 2:39pm On Nov 28, 2017
Govt of papers.

1 Like

Re: FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister by Paperwhite(m): 3:07pm On Nov 28, 2017
So after embezzling the resources the meet on ground it now become on your own? I've never seen a Nigerian government as useless as that of the APC.Nigerians were warned.

40 Likes

Re: FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister by clevvermind(m): 3:20pm On Nov 28, 2017
shame on apc. They should prepare to pack their load in 2019.

21 Likes

Re: FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister by IgedeBushBoy(m): 4:11pm On Nov 28, 2017
We don't need a government then

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister by zeekeyboy: 4:11pm On Nov 28, 2017
All the taxes the residents have been paying before now, what has it been used for?

You people cannot even boast of one road i mean one road that was funded by this Government. The only thing they are managing to do is to pay salaries and still even the salaries are being owed. So what then is the purpose of having a Government?

Spits.

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister by Nobody: 4:11pm On Nov 28, 2017
They warned us about APC. We didn’t listen. How could we be this f00lish not to have seen it from the start when they were shouting CHANGE CHAIN. I mean who does that embarassed

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister by Royalfurnitures: 4:11pm On Nov 28, 2017
Soon Nigerians would be made to pay for air if Buhari/APC continue in power. Wicked govt!!!

Check out my signature for quality and durable furniture

8 Likes

Re: FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister by mangala14(m): 4:12pm On Nov 28, 2017
So what about the taxes they paid? The ineptitudeness of this administration irks me and a slap on our intellect.

22 Likes

Re: FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister by jibs4lv(m): 4:12pm On Nov 28, 2017
Hope den no swear for una

Abi wic kind wahala be dis sef

2 Likes

Re: FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister by Jsaviour(f): 4:12pm On Nov 28, 2017
What is our tax, oil money, recovered embezzled money being used for? To fatten the politicians the more?. God help this almost failed nation.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister by Nobody: 4:13pm On Nov 28, 2017
Everything going d opposite direction since d opposition party became d ruling party
Re: FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister by admax(m): 4:13pm On Nov 28, 2017
Foolish talk.

So we shouldn't pay tax anymore na, if you can't provide basic infrastuture to people then their is no point being at the helms of affairs despite the billions you guys generate every month, please resign sir

3 Likes

Re: FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister by bedspread: 4:14pm On Nov 28, 2017
JESUS IS MY CHOICE FOREVER.... JOIN ME

1 Like

Re: FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister by greatfoly(m): 4:15pm On Nov 28, 2017
It's just a pity.

Government cannot provide infrastructures,
Government cannot provide free and qualitative education,
Government cannot provide electricity,
Government cannot water,
Government cannot provide housing,

What then can our governments provide sad angry

4 Likes

Re: FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister by Nobody: 4:15pm On Nov 28, 2017
After d huge budgetary allocation 2 d fct, residents still have 2 pay for their welfare... Indeed there was a government

2 Likes

Re: FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister by mofedamijo(m): 4:15pm On Nov 28, 2017
coolcharm:

Dont mind them they re waiting for one pastors.....
Re: FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister by SalamRushdie: 4:16pm On Nov 28, 2017
I am confused can someone explain to me what this man is saying ? If Govt doesnt provide infrastructure then why are they called govt? I am confused

3 Likes

Re: FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister by slex(m): 4:16pm On Nov 28, 2017
seems this man does not know that a Govt is to provide for the welfare of its citizens and not become a profit -driven Company.
Re: FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister by nowpresence(f): 4:17pm On Nov 28, 2017
bedspread:
JESUS IS MY CHOICE FOREVER.... JOIN ME
please teach me how

1 Like

Re: FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister by SalamRushdie: 4:17pm On Nov 28, 2017
greatfoly:
It's just a pity.

Government cannot provide infrastructures,
Government cannot provide free and qualitative education,
Government cannot provide electricity,
Government cannot water,
Government cannot provide housing,

What then can our governments provide sad angry

They provide hardship and lies

3 Likes

Re: FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister by stagger: 4:19pm On Nov 28, 2017
So what is the essence of tax payment and VAIDS?
Re: FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister by oxon(m): 4:21pm On Nov 28, 2017
I was watching tvc and I was so impressed when a pressure group brought the minister to a 13km road site , which only 2km out of it was completed , they were very harsh with their questions and crude ..they asked him how is it two years of office you can only complete 2km the guy was speechless

7 Likes

Re: FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister by delishpot: 4:22pm On Nov 28, 2017
coolcharm:

Simple.......Collect tax and toll gate fees.

1 Like

Re: FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister by Nobody: 4:24pm On Nov 28, 2017
coolcharm:
Budget padding
Re: FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister by dodelight(m): 4:25pm On Nov 28, 2017
Is this a government or a nonsense?! A nonsense, I believe. Don't worry APC, you're an error to be corrected in 2019
Re: FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister by micfoley: 4:26pm On Nov 28, 2017
Does this man understand what he is saying at all?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Develops Home Made Biscuits For School Feeding Programme / How I Got Stamina For Re-election Campaign Still Baffles Me — Buhari / Kwankwaso's Campaign Organisation Denies Endorsement Of Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.