Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,525 members, 7,958,613 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 06:37 PM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (129) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (654907 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (306) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ddaddo: 4:11pm On Feb 02, 2015
Mubarak1:

Thank You a lot Dr. The website is good and am catching new things. Thanks Here is my Facebook ID and whatsapp number is you are in any F'b ID: Mubarak Al-amin Umar. Whatsapp: +2348162536858. Thanks.

I tried reaching u on whatsapp. How can one manage hametorrids?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Mubarak1(m): 10:35pm On Feb 02, 2015
ddaddo:

Doc. Xiadnat had an answer to your question, wait patiently for his arrival.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Mubarak1(m): 10:36pm On Feb 02, 2015
ddaddo:

Doc. Xiadnat had an answer to your question, wait patiently for his arrive
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ultravires(m): 12:01am On Feb 03, 2015
hi doctor, please how can I test for potency cos am afraid mai manhood is not functioning as it ought to. I'm 24 but I can't remember wen last I had a sperm discharge...xo am so curious if I am man enough
thanks in advance
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by jiggalo(m): 8:24am On Feb 03, 2015
Doctor, when ever i take alcohol or Tramadol tablet, it itchs me all over my body. The alcohol do caues rash with itche on my face. But i once have ulcers.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by funkyjms: 8:51am On Feb 03, 2015
jiggalo:
Doctor, when ever i take alcohol or Tramadol tablet, it itchs me all over my body. The alcohol do caues rash with itche on my face. But i once have ulcers.

Alcohol or Tramadol?
I understand wink
Badt guy gringringrin
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by babe01: 8:54am On Feb 03, 2015
please where can i get cranberry juice in surulere, health plus don't have.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by jiggalo(m): 8:55am On Feb 03, 2015
Doctor, when ever i take alcohol or Tramadol
tablet, it itchs me all over my body. The alcohol
do caues rash with itche on my face. But i once
have ulcers.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:36pm On Feb 03, 2015
Mubarak1:

Doc. Xiadnat had an answer to your question, wait patiently for his arrive

I am not on waasap. I have no idea what that is. I am a social network hermit.

How to manage hemorrhoids depends on what kind of hemorrhoids and how severe it is. Management varies from conservative approach to surgical approach depending on how severe it is.

Do say more............

Are you over the age of 50?
Is it quite painful?
Is it bleeding profusely or just minimal bleeding?

Take care
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:37pm On Feb 03, 2015
ddaddo:

I am not on waasap. I have no idea what that is. I am a social network hermit.

How to manage hemorrhoids depends on what kind of hemorrhoids and how severe it is. Management varies from conservative approach to surgical approach depending on how severe it is.

Do say more............

Are you over the age of 50?
Is painful
Is it bleeding profusely or just minimal bleeding?

Take care
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:40pm On Feb 03, 2015
ultravires:
hi doctor, please how can I test for potency cos am afraid mai manhood is not functioning as it ought to. I'm 24 but I can't remember wen last I had a sperm discharge...xo am so curious if I am man enough
thanks in advance

Visit a GP and get a (a) physical exam (b) testosterone level checked. Start there.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:47pm On Feb 03, 2015
jiggalo:

Hmm... you have to give me more information this. Rash and Itch are very vague and quite common on a number of dermatological and systemic diseases.

This could be just simple skin reaction to alcohol/tramadol OR

It could be more of skin manifestation of more serious disease.

More history needed. You could say more on your alcohol history and health history; if you don't mind.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by tng(f): 1:06pm On Feb 03, 2015
HI. My daughter (4yrs old) has been vomiting every other wk now for like 3 wks. there is no fever or anything of the sort. I have dewormed her and treated for malaria but the vomiting persists with the latest occurrence being today. What could be responsible?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Perpetual459: 1:40pm On Feb 03, 2015
hi doc,can u recommend a blood tonic for a man working as a machine operator in a manufacturing coy?though he doesnt fall sick cos he takes his time to rest when he's offduty bt he needs it cos of d nature of d job.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 2:50pm On Feb 03, 2015
Perpetual459:
hi doc,can u recommend a blood tonic for a man working as a machine operator in a manufacturing coy?though he doesnt fall sick cos he takes his time to rest when he's offduty bt he needs it cos of d nature of d job.

I am not sure of this blood tonic. Is he tired, fatigued and restless or what is going on exactly?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 3:01pm On Feb 03, 2015
tng:
HI. My daughter (4yrs old) has been vomiting every other wk now for like 3 wks. there is no fever or anything of the sort. I have dewormed her and treated for malaria but the vomiting persists with the latest occurrence being today. What could be responsible?

Possible causes of vomiting in children is vast. The cause could be as simple as stomach bug or reflux or food allergies or more complex than that. I need more information too.

Either way, I suggest to take her to a pediatrician for an evaluation.

My primary concern for her is being dehydrated with all this vomiting. You need to watch her for signs of dehydration like not urinating much, dry eyes/mouth/skin.

If she is dehydrated, it needs to be corrected first. She runs risk of electrolyte abnormalities with serious consequences if not.

You can answer:
any unusual occurrence/s before, during or after first vomit?
any abdominal pain?
any falls/injuries? headache?
any food allergies? medical problems? Surgeries? medications?
what color is vomitus?
is she irritable, fussy?
any diarrhea?
any stressful life events?
is she eating, drinking, eating ok?

I wish you well. I know it can be frustrating with the little ones 'cause they can't exactly always verbalize what's going on.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Perpetual459: 4:09pm On Feb 03, 2015
he is looking skinny,though he eats well
Xiadnat:

I am not sure of this blood tonic. Is he tired, fatigued and restless or what is going on exactly?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 4:41pm On Feb 03, 2015
Perpetual459:
he is looking skinny,though he eats well

OK. Is he loosing weight then or??

Looking skinny is vague. Was he naturally skinny? Maybe he is expending more energy than he is putting in.

Still, could go and get a medical evaluation and some basic blood work.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by tng(f): 6:48pm On Feb 03, 2015
Possible causes of vomiting in children is vast. The cause could be as simple as stomach bug or reflux or food allergies or more complex than that. I need more information too. 

Either way, I suggest to take her to a pediatrician for an evaluation. 

My primary concern for her is being dehydrated with all this vomiting. You need to watch her for signs of dehydration like not urinating much, dry eyes/mouth/skin. 

If she is dehydrated, it needs to be corrected first. She runs risk of electrolyte abnormalities with serious consequences if not.

You can answer:
any unusual occurrence/s before, during or after first vomit?
any abdominal pain?
any falls/injuries? headache?
any food allergies? medical problems? Surgeries? medications?
what color is vomitus?
is she irritable, fussy? 
any diarrhea?
any stressful life events?
is she eating, drinking, eating ok?

I wish you well. I know it can be frustrating with the little ones 'cause they can't exactly always verbalize what's going on.

I know right! The thing is the vomiting occurs in school so I cant really say how she feels before it or what colour it is. There is no diarrhoea though she has reduced appetite. I would have to see a paediatrician soon. Thanks for your response.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 7:21pm On Feb 03, 2015
tng:

I know right! The thing is the vomiting occurs in school so I cant really say how she feels before it or what colour it is. There is no diarrhoea though she has reduced appetite. I would have to see a paediatrician soon. Thanks for your response.

Wow....it only happens in school? Ok. Maybe the teachers can help shed some light.

Did she just start school? Possibly separation anxiety
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Perpetual459: 9:31am On Feb 04, 2015
he is naturally skinny anyway,he goes for medical check up regularly so he's fit,i jst want him to add 'more flesh' but since u ve decided nt to prescribe any blood tonic which i think might be against ur professional ethics,it is well.
Xiadnat:

OK. Is he loosing weight then or??

Looking skinny is vague. Was he naturally skinny? Maybe he is expending more energy than he is putting in.

Still, could go and get a medical evaluation and some basic blood work.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lomaxx: 7:48am On Feb 11, 2015
Perpetual459:
he is naturally skinny anyway,he goes for medical check up regularly so he's fit,i jst want him to add 'more flesh' but since u ve decided nt to prescribe any blood tonic which i think might be against ur professional ethics,it is well.

Weight gain in an adult is achieved by good food and good sleep. If an adult is not getting those regularly, asides any pathology that might cause unintentional weight loss(which is another spectrum entirely), he or she might appear to look skinny and be in need of flesh.

Prescriptions have indications. That's how you know a good doctor. He/She always want to have a reason to make a prescription. And not make you spend money you shouldn't spend.

Blood tonic is often prescribed when someone has mild anaemia. Someone that has anaemia would complain of weakness, tiredness, and easy fatigue-which the doctor asked. Since you said he doesn't have those, it is very unlikely he has anaemia even if it's inconclusive - that's why the doctor was "unsure" about recommending a blood tonic.
To me it's not necessary.

I've read your posts. If the person in question, eats well and sleeps well(8 hours max), he'd be okay. Most people that are naturally lean(like myself) have a high metabolism. Working round the clock knocks them off shape into leanness.

Medical practice is very delicate. Ethics shouldn't come in here. the doctor was just being very professional.

When is he taking a holiday? I also recommend that he eats round the clock. Not specific meal time. Which means he should have snacks.

Also, in people that are naturally lean, and often presumed to have a high metabolism, adding "flesh" is mainly by adding muscle. one word - exercises.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by jetworldpee: 10:33pm On Feb 11, 2015
hi doc, I would like to ask maybe you can suggest me a cream to get me a shade lighter (Nt talking about bleaching)..in as much as it sound,it may not be applied to your proffesion but I need to ask anyway and who knows you might be of help....
secondly,
there is a form of sebaceous filament at my nose area even if I exfoliate,within 4-5 days or so,the ugly thing would form again...don't know any solution to manage this or completely eradicate the ishh..need a freshier and flawless look,thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lomaxx: 11:49pm On Feb 11, 2015
Xiadnat:

Wow....it only happens in school? Ok. Maybe the teachers can help shed some light.

Did she just start school? Possibly separation anxiety

I think cyclical vomitting syndrome(cvs). Very common in preschoolers and school children of age range 2 to 5. Vomitting occurs around the same time everyday and there are vomitting-free intervals. Unfortunately, that diagnosis cannot be made without ruling out other possible diagnosis.
I'm sure she's seen Peds and its well managed
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lomaxx: 11:57pm On Feb 11, 2015
jetworldpee:
hi doc, I would like to ask maybe you can suggest me a cream to get me a shade lighter (Nt talking about bleaching)..in as much as it sound,it may not be applied to your proffesion but I need to ask anyway and who knows you might be of help....
secondly,
there is a form of sebaceous filament at my nose area even if I exfoliate,within 4-5 days or so,the ugly thing would form again...don't know any solution to manage this or completely eradicate the ishh..need a freshier and flawless look,thanks

There is a natural way to lighten up.

What you need: honey, youghurt, lemon juice.

Make a mixture. Rub on your face at night and wash off after a long while. This should be preferably at night-then wash over night.

Do at least twice a week.

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lomaxx: 12:07am On Feb 12, 2015
jiggalo:
Doctor, when ever i take alcohol or Tramadol
tablet, it itchs me all over my body. The alcohol
do caues rash with itche on my face. But i once
have ulcers.

One word: allergic reaction. Stop taking alcohol or tram.

Alcohol and tram have one thing in common- they cause euphoria by causing your body to produce excess dopamine. Same occurs with heroin, cocaine and amphetamines.

Just stop the drugs and save your life.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 3:42am On Feb 12, 2015
lomaxx:

I think cyclical vomitting syndrome(cvs). Very common in preschoolers and school children of age range 2 to 5. Vomitting occurs around the same time everyday and there are vomitting-free intervals.

CVS. Interesting. I once saw a case of CVS in a 45 year old female patient that i admitted in the hospital last year for persistent intermittent vomitting

At first i thought it was IBS for sure. She was in the hospital for a few days and after a battery of tests and labs, we couldnt figure out what was wrong.

Finally, The gastroenterologist consult dx'ed her with CVS; which was a diagnosis of exclusion.

Didnt think it could happen in peds population. But i think its too early to dx this kid with CVS
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Perpetual459: 12:19pm On Feb 12, 2015
hmmh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!what an intelligent reply,thanks.he shld be on holiday in july so i'll tell him to eat and sleep well.
lomaxx:

Weight gain in an adult is achieved by good food and good sleep. If an adult is not getting those regularly, asides any pathology that might cause unintentional weight loss(which is another spectrum entirely), he or she might appear to look skinny and be in need of flesh.

Prescriptions have indications. That's how you know a good doctor. He/She always want to have a reason to make a prescription. And not make you spend money you shouldn't spend.

Blood tonic is often prescribed when someone has mild anaemia. Someone that has anaemia would complain of weakness, tiredness, and easy fatigue-which the doctor asked. Since you said he doesn't have those, it is very unlikely he has anaemia even if it's inconclusive - that's why the doctor was "unsure" about recommending a blood tonic.
To me it's not necessary.

I've read your posts. If the person in question, eats well and sleeps well(8 hours max), he'd be okay. Most people that are naturally lean(like myself) have a high metabolism. Working round the clock knocks them off shape into leanness.

Medical practice is very delicate. Ethics shouldn't come in here. the doctor was just being very professional.

When is he taking a holiday? I also recommend that he eats round the clock. Not specific meal time. Which means he should have snacks.

Also, in people that are naturally lean, and often presumed to have a high metabolism, adding "flesh" is mainly by adding muscle. one word - exercises.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lomaxx: 9:05pm On Feb 12, 2015
cc: Lagusta

Top of the evening to you boss and many synovial fluid to your fibrous joints. I saw your post about the SLE and I want to comment on this thread. I hear only dairylanders post on their thread.

I think autoimmune diseases generally are under-diagnosed. First is because most of them have one thing in common-they run a chronic course. Nigerians are more likely to present with acute manifestations of a disease than a check up for an abnormal symptom they noticed.

Also, these conditions are not common compared to the others so the training IN the not fine tuned in these areas, leading to underdiagnosis and misdiagnosis.

Finally, there is a dearth of immunologists in Nigeria both in clinical and non-clinical training. So awareness for the commonest autoimmune conditions which could make people see their butterfly rash as a problem and not a "mere skin condition" is infinitely lacking.

Then finally, doctors are not motivated to train in these areas. The definitive diagnosis for these conditions are largely based on immunologic investigations. They are also required for long term monitoring and prognosis.

How many teaching hospitals can you do those ANA titres and the rest.?

My brother, you see this country, we have a long way to go.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by PeyButtons(f): 9:37am On Feb 13, 2015
Hello Doc, pls I need your help on this issues. Thanks.
1. A friend just notice that she have about four to five open wounds (sores) on the walls of her vagina and complains that it is itchy. Wat can she do or apply?
2. During dis hot weather I developed a lot of heat rash all over my body including my face and its itchy. Pls wat can I apply so it disappear?
Thanks and God bless.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 11:23am On Feb 13, 2015
PeyButtons:
Hello Doc, pls I need your help on this issues. Thanks.
1. A friend just notice that she have about four to five open wounds (sores) on the walls of her vagina and complains that it is itchy. Wat can she do or apply?
2. During dis hot weather I developed a lot of heat rash all over my body including my face and its itchy. Pls wat can I apply so it disappear?
Thanks and God bless.

Is she sexually active?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 11:23am On Feb 13, 2015

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (306) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.