Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (159) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (636907 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 10:31am On Jul 06, 2015
PLS DR HELP ME OUT I HAVE BEEN BATTLING WITH FEELING OF HEAT IN MY BODY AT TIMES IF U TEST MY BODY TEMPERATURE OUTSIDE IT WILL B NORMAL BUT INSIDE MY BODY IS LIKE BURNING FIRE HAVE TRIED DIFFERENT HOSPITALS ALOT OF TEST DIFFERENT MEDICINE BUT TO ALL AVAIL NOW IT HAS BRI NG ALONG UNSTOPPED HEAD ACHE PLS HELP OUT SINCE JANUARY THIS YEAR
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jul 06, 2015
Xiadnat, how do i treat slipped disk. It startd 5days ago when i rose up unexpectedly. D pain nw afect my rite leg.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by dumiodik: 1:44pm On Jul 06, 2015
Hello guys,
i like to share a business opportunity with us especially in this economic recession. A business model that help solve every family financial pain even as you also solve your health pain. A business that you can start with as little as N35,000 to N40,000 and you become your own boss, a business model that can turn you to a multi-millionaire.
For more detail:
Email: dumiodik@yahoo.com
Call: 08057638566
or visit : www.newrealm.fgxpress.com
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jul 06, 2015
seunkeji5:

No fever, Not sexually active, It does not hurt when I urinate, do have back pain if I have to urinate and I don't do it quickly

It May be kidney infection or bladder infection. Go and get a urine analysis first. You may require antibiotics and your doctor should Rx that for you. If it is kidney stones, well, it should pass after some time with adequate hydration. If the pain becomes unbearable, then consider going to a hospital for further management cause it means either it is something else or the stone is not passing.

Good luck.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jul 06, 2015
azikiweironsi:

Dear Dr,
Thank you for your prompt reply.
As regards my BP, this has been within the range of 174/105(highest ever experienced) 17th June 2015, down to the 143/83(lowest ever experienced) as @ 22nd June,2015 but it has ever since going up and down within the above range till date. So I'm considering another medication or any combination of it if needed. How do I send you a private message? Thanks.

Sure, you can try combination. But, your BP isn't really that high for combination treatment at the moment. Try single therapy first. You may just need to switch to another class of anti hypertensive before. I can make suggestions, but PM if you like.

To PM, go to profile, there should a button there that says email this person...then click it and rest is self-explanatory.

Good luck
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jul 06, 2015
StealthIdeals:
Xiadnat, how do i treat slipped disk. It startd 5days ago when i rose up unexpectedly. D pain nw afect my rite leg.

How do you know it's a slipped disk. Did you fall prior to this incident or? How old are you? What is your health condition? How is the pain affecting your right leg? Is it shooting pain down the right leg? Any numbness or tingling? Does it affect your bowel or bladder movement?

It sounds unlikely that you slipped a disk. If you think you slipped a disk, you would need an imaging to confirm that and evaluation from a spine doctor as well as pain control management.

Let us hope not, especially if you are young and active person.

Good luck
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jul 06, 2015
ayfat23:
PLS DR HELP ME OUT
I HAVE BEEN BATTLING WITH FEELING OF HEAT IN
MY BODY AT TIMES IF U TEST MY BODY
TEMPERATURE OUTSIDE IT WILL B NORMAL BUT
INSIDE MY BODY IS LIKE BURNING FIRE HAVE TRIED
DIFFERENT HOSPITALS ALOT OF TEST DIFFERENT
MEDICINE BUT TO ALL AVAIL NOW IT HAS BRI
NG
ALONG UNSTOPPED HEAD ACHE PLS HELP OUT
SINCE JANUARY
THIS YEAR

What kind of tests did have they run? What have they said so far at all that is the issue?

I don't know how I can help you w/o full history and physical exam. You need thorough assessment that is difficult to do online.

You can tell me a little about yourself in general: general health history, medications, your signs/symptoms.

Hang in there
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jul 06, 2015
Mdolalekan2u:
Hello Doctor

I appreciate your responses. Let me know the implications of exposure to hepatitis B as u said. What should I do to be safe from liver problem especially now that I'm nursing high bp? I need ur comprehensive guide. Your advice please.

My doctor may not have revealed everything!
Awaiting your response.
Best regard

Most BP drugs are relatively safe for the liver unless you have severe liver failure. However, to determine that you need complete profile of liver function and hepatitis panel.

Now, you will have to PM for more on the hepatitis info because I tried giving you detail info and I got banned by their auto bot thingy and I don't see the post restored. It is quite annoying actually.

But, hepatitis is a blood borne pathogen so exercise precautions by wearing gloves and condoms to diminish possible exposures.

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Onyiibazz: 5:30pm On Jul 06, 2015
Doctor please help me! My room mate came back yesterday with "apollo" i.e conjuctivities. I think i contacted it as i have been feeling pains in my eye since morning. I've been having headache since morning also. And my is watery and feeling as if sand has been poured inside. Please Sir, help me prescribe drugs that i can use as an early preventive measure. Thanks
cc Xiadnat
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Mdolalekan2u(m): 5:33pm On Jul 06, 2015
Xiadnat:

Most BP drugs are relatively safe for the liver unless you have severe liver failure. However, to determine that you need complete profile of liver function and hepatitis panel.

Now, you will have to PM for more on the hepatitis info because I tried giving you detail info and I got banned by their auto bot thingy and I don't see the post restored. It is quite annoying actually.

But, hepatitis is a blood borne pathogen so exercise precautions by wearing gloves and condoms to diminish possible exposures.

Thank u. Please you can detail me through mdolalekan2u@gmail.com. I really need your comprehensive advice. I'll be very glad to hear from you ASAP.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by spartanflexzy(m): 8:01pm On Jul 06, 2015
Good Day all... i felt my chin and I felt something moving I don't know what to do am kind of bothered... And d back of my neck Also d extreme left end and it's On one side only dats d left.... I asked someone One and he said d neck own is normal dat am to anxious that's why. I need help am 16 years old
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jul 06, 2015
Xiadnat, I didnt fall. I was weeding in the garden with a hoe. I bent down for up to 30minute b4 i rose up the first. I did weeding last in 2007. I'm in my early 30's. No numbness, just shootin of pain down d leg. Can't stand on right leg 3days ago, bt i can now. At age 17, I had similar problem without lifting any heavy object of falling. I peeped at my medical file and i saw sliped disc. I was given doloneurobion and cataflam. It left me within a week. Bt i want a doctor to tel me b4 takin it.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by seunkeji5(f): 9:22pm On Jul 06, 2015
Xiadnat:

It May be kidney infection or bladder infection. Go and get a urine analysis first. You may require antibiotics and your doctor should Rx that for you. If it is kidney stones, well, it should pass after some time with adequate hydration. If the pain becomes unbearable, then consider going to a hospital for further management cause it means either it is something else or the stone is not passing.

Good luck.
OK thanks doc, will urine analysis detect kidney infection?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by spartanflexzy(m): 10:44pm On Jul 06, 2015
Some one should answer me please
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 2:14am On Jul 08, 2015
Onyiibazz:
Doctor please help me! My room mate came back yesterday with "apollo" i.e conjuctivities. I think i contacted it as i have been feeling pains in my eye since morning. I've been having headache since morning also. And my is watery and feeling as if sand has been poured inside. Please Sir, help me prescribe drugs that i can use as an early preventive measure. Thanks
cc Xiadnat

It's usually viral. Will just have to let it pass on its own. Its highly contagious so keep contact to your eyes and means of spreading minimal.

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 2:16am On Jul 08, 2015
seunkeji5:

OK thanks doc, will urine analysis detect kidney infection?

IT will detect there is an infection in the urinary tract, it usually starts in the urethra, ascends to bladder then eventually may make its way to kidney.

So, it's a urine analysis is an indirect way to detect kidney infection. But, to confirm it, you need an imagining which will be expensive, so I recommend treating empirically for possible kidney infection. See a doctor tho.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 2:19am On Jul 08, 2015
spartanflexzy:
Good Day all... i felt my chin and I felt something moving I don't know what to do am kind of bothered... And d back of my neck Also d extreme left end and it's On one side only dats d left.... I asked someone One and he said d neck own is normal dat am to anxious that's why. I need help am 16 years old

Something moving inside your neck? The only thing I can think of is parasites. But, not normal to climb up that high.

Do you use recreational drugs?? Can be side effect, a crawly feeling. No offense intended.

Any other symptoms, signs that you are experiencing?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 2:22am On Jul 08, 2015
StealthIdeals:
Xiadnat, I didnt fall. I was weeding in the garden with a hoe. I bent down for up to 30minute b4 i rose up the first. I did weeding last in 2007. I'm in my early 30's. No numbness, just shootin of pain down d leg. Can't stand on right leg 3days ago, bt i can now. At age 17, I had similar problem without lifting any heavy object of falling. I peeped at my medical file and i saw sliped disc. I was given doloneurobion and cataflam. It left me within a week. Bt i want a doctor to tel me b4 takin it.

Nerve impingement, sciatica. When you raise your leg, do you feel pain shooting down the affected leg?

Management is pain control. I am not familiar with the meds you listed, but I imagine it's narcs or some heavy pain control, if so, go ahead and take them. But, only for control of unbearable pain and for short term.

You need physical therapy exercises for better long term management. Short bed rest, but get moving.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 2:23am On Jul 08, 2015
Mdolalekan2u:

Thank u. Please you can detail me through mdolalekan2u@gmail.com. I really need your comprehensive advice. I'll be very glad to hear from you ASAP.

IT is preferably for you to send a private message. Thank you
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by seunkeji5(f): 6:04am On Jul 08, 2015
Xiadnat:

IT will detect there is an infection in the urinary tract, it usually starts in the urethra, ascends to bladder then eventually may make its way to kidney.

So, it's a urine analysis is an indirect way to detect kidney infection. But, to confirm it, you need an imagining which will be expensive, so I recommend treating empirically for possible kidney infection. See a doctor tho.

OK thanks imaging can cost like how much?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by FruityLass: 6:57am On Jul 08, 2015
Please, what is the best treatment for chronic hives.
Have taken prednisolone, currently on with xonadine.
Is there no permanent solution? Tired of taking drugs. Anticipating for your answer pls
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by spartanflexzy(m): 7:37pm On Jul 08, 2015
It's not actually moving.when I Press my neck at d extreme end by d left I feel like a bony stuff not really bone actually... Any one I ask.. They say it's normal and stuffs and my chin also a very tiny stuff is flexible. I can move it easily... I met a doctor and he said it was the side effect of the drugs I took.. And I only took gratis and omeprazole.. I won't lie I take it very well.. An actually on a medication Now black seed oil and I think am not really sure. Dat d stuff in my chin has reduced very well I hardly feel it move self.. And some say it's d way I position my neck when I sleep..
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Rachie83: 1:23am On Jul 09, 2015
Dear Doctor,please your help/suggestion is needed.My husband is azoospermic and the most recent test he did (Biopsy) shows he has severe testicular atrophy(shrinking testis).No cell was found.Any treatment to reverse the testis to normal and to make it produce sperm cells pleaseeeee?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by great664(m): 10:45am On Jul 09, 2015
Xiadnat:

OK. You likely have inflammation of the eye. You probably should not have self treated as you may have introduced some chemicals in your eye that has irritated your eyes.

There is a condition called uveitis. Treatment involves steroid, generally recommended after an evaluation from ophthalmologist.

Good luck.
Thank You for the good work

Just as you stated, it was cause by me self treating and now develop" Scar" as the Ophthalmologist said and need to be removed.

The scar was removed on Tuesday and am now applying chloramphenicol Eye ointment and Ciflaxin till it heal
s properly

Loosed today, though the blur vision. is still there but the sensitiveness to sun and light is no more. Hopefully when its totally heal the blur will disappear too.

is there anything I should avoid doing with the eye for now till it heals properly. like direct light, phones TV's, soap etc just anything.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jul 10, 2015
seunkeji5:

OK thanks imaging can cost like how much?

I am not sure how much it costs in Nigerian, but I imagine it can't be cheap unless you have insurance coverage. Plus, it's not really very cost effective.

Honestly, you are better off seeing a doctor regarding urine analysis, then consider getting treated empirically for UTI if not urinary stones.

Good luck
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jul 10, 2015
FruityLass:
Please, what is the best treatment for chronic hives.
Have taken prednisolone, currently on with xonadine.
Is there no permanent solution? Tired of taking drugs. Anticipating for your answer pls

I don't know of any permanent solution since this is a form of hyperactive immune system.

You can look into immune modulator drugs that target your active immune cells directs; but they tend to be on the expensive side.

Best.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jul 10, 2015
spartanflexzy:
It's not actually moving.when I Press my neck at d extreme end by d left I feel like a bony stuff not really bone actually... Any one I ask.. They say it's normal and stuffs and my chin also a very tiny stuff is flexible. I can move it easily... I met a doctor and he said it was the side effect of the drugs I took.. And I only took gratis and omeprazole.. I won't lie I take it very well.. An actually on a medication Now black seed oil and I think am not really sure. Dat d stuff in my chin has reduced very well I hardly feel it move self.. And some say it's d way I position my neck when I sleep..

I am not quite sure of what this may be w/o physical exam. Perhaps a lipoma....If this mass isn't causing you any harm, it is best to leave it be. If for aesthetic reasons, then consult with a dermatologist or plastic surgeon or general surgeon for surgical removal.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jul 10, 2015
Rachie83:
Dear Doctor,please your help/suggestion is
needed.My husband is azoospermic and the most
recent test he did (Biopsy) shows he has severe testicular
atrophy(shrinking testis).No cell was found.Any
treatment to reverse the testis to normal and to
make it produce sperm cells pleaseeeee?

What was the cause of atrophy? It can be reversed depending on the cause. Is he on testosterone or special medications? Or undergone radiation or?

There is H.cG injection which can be expensive. Consult a urologist tho
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jul 10, 2015
great664:
Thank You for the good work

Just as you stated, it was cause by me self treating and now develop" Scar" as the Ophthalmologist said and need to be removed.

The scar was removed on Tuesday and am now applying chloramphenicol Eye ointment and Ciflaxin till it heal
s properly

Loosed today, though the blur vision. is still there but the sensitiveness to sun and light is no more. Hopefully when its totally heal the blur will disappear too.

is there anything I should avoid doing with the eye for now till it heals properly. like direct light, phones TV's, soap etc just anything.

Ok. Thanks for update. That sounds good. You most likely had uveitis to begin with then complicated it with self treatment; which resulted in a lot inflammation leading to scarring.

Best of luck. Adequate eyesight is important.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by seunkeji5(f): 8:59pm On Jul 10, 2015
Xiadnat:

I am not sure how much it costs in Nigerian, but I imagine it can't be cheap unless you have insurance coverage. Plus, it's not really very cost effective.

Honestly, you are better off seeing a doctor regarding urine analysis, then consider getting treated empirically for UTI if not urinary stones.

Good luck

thanks so much doc, was in a teaching hospital today where the doc has me to do pelvic USS, urinalyses, and glucose test , still expecting the result. thanks so much doc
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by spartanflexzy(m): 9:57pm On Jul 10, 2015
Thanks for your assistance.... One more thing do u have any knowledge on black seed oil... like what it cures ..and also how does One know if his ulcer has healed
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jul 11, 2015
seunkeji5:

thanks so much doc, was in a teaching hospital today where the doc has me to do pelvic USS, urinalyses, and glucose test , still expecting the result. thanks so much doc

Ok. Those are acceptable for ruling out other things it might be.

Keep me updated.

Best

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.