Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,098 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (184) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (636082 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by LEXYCOM: 1:21pm On Dec 08, 2015
Balogun:
Health Checks. Doctor in the House

For all you Nairalanders I have decided to be your official doctor in the house. I have found this site so helpful in bonding me to my motherland I have decided to give medical advice with the usual disclaimer. This is just advice. Further treatment should be sought from your personal physician!
Thanks, pls what can you say about a guy having one testicle instead of two........it has always been one, he never had and accident or surgery
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Iyafife: 6:33pm On Dec 08, 2015
Plz doctors, what is the effect of M2 tone tablets on unsuspected pregnancy. Moreso I notice I am having some pimple-like boils coming out on my skin since I started taking M2 tone tablets, could it be that I am reacting 2 it?
Cc Xiadnat
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 10:54pm On Dec 09, 2015
iyafife: M2 tone is a herbal mix, so with that regard, it is likely it is not very regulated and thus side effects are not uncertain or not completely known. Anyway, from what I read about it- to regulate menses and others, if you plan on getting pregnant, then you need to be off it. It is possible it causes pimples as it promotes estrogen, which is a hormone that can precipitate acne.

lexycom: if the other testicle is normal and free of pathology, then no problem. I assume you are asking in regards to fertility?

vivparity: are you ankles swollen? Swollen joints can be normal post partum. You will need to give it time, especially if no alarming signs of redness, severe pain and inability to ambulate. Try massaging it, compress and walk/exercise, eat well, loose weight. Vaginal itch depends on what's causing it. If it's irritant, find what it is that is irritating it and stop it. To find out if it's infection, you need to get checked out by your doc. In fact, you need a post partum visit anyway. How long since you had baby?

mofy1: swollen mouth; are you eating adequately/balanced diet? Pay attention to what you do/eat etc right before you notice the swelling. Could be reaction. Lastly, do you have any other symptoms/signs/strange things happening to you?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 11:20pm On Dec 09, 2015
rozeeb: Try body and lip lubrication/moisturizer, also apply topical antibiotics such polyspori.n on your lips. I think for you fingers, avoid harsh chemicals and such and keep moist with moisturizer.

maxcollins042: there is aquaphobia, but why now? Maybe see if there is something in the water that is giving you hives/rashes

opecares: Usually, menstruation especially with cramping tend to facilitate defecation. Some people may get constipation, but usually few days before menses. Do you have normal menstrual period as in: moderate flow, length and pain/cramps. ? Try drinking loads of water before your menses as water retention in the tissues can cause constipation.

keziehenry: she can see a doc regarding changing or stopping the drug to see if it clears away. She can also get exam.

goodhunte: boils are due to skin surface bacteria (normal flora) that gains access inside the skin via skin barrier break down, which then causes infection as boils. You need to get antibiotic treatment. Keep area clean, apply topical anti septic, and/or shower with antiseptic if you can. Some people even can bathe with bleach. Please, not whole bleach, just half a cup and then add loads of water to dilute.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 7:38am On Dec 10, 2015
Pls doctor.i hav bn havin stomach trouble 4 somtime now.burning sensation.my stomach is sensitive too touch and feeling of havin huge mass like stones on my sides.i went for scaning and was told i have Gastritis and Enteritis.i been recievin treatment with no success.pls help
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ladycomfort(f): 1:24pm On Dec 10, 2015
Xiadnat:
iyafife: M2 tone is a herbal mix, so with that regard, it is likely it is not very regulated and thus side effects are not uncertain or not completely known. Anyway, from what I read about it- to regulate menses and others, if you plan on getting pregnant, then you need to be off it. It is possible it causes pimples as it promotes estrogen, which is a hormone that can precipitate acne.

lexycom: if the other testicle is normal and free of pathology, then no problem. I assume you are asking in regards to fertility?

vivparity: are you ankles swollen? Swollen joints can be normal post partum. You will need to give it time, especially if no alarming signs of redness, severe pain and inability to ambulate. Try massaging it, compress and walk/exercise, eat well, loose weight. Vaginal itch depends on what's causing it. If it's irritant, find what it is that is irritating it and stop it. To find out if it's infection, you need to get checked out by your doc. In fact, you need a post partum visit anyway. How long since you had baby?

mofy1: swollen mouth; are you eating adequately/balanced diet? Pay attention to what you do/eat etc right before you notice the swelling. Could be reaction. Lastly, do you have any other symptoms/signs/strange things happening to you?

. Well done doc, pls what can I take to increase my butt size.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 7:27pm On Dec 10, 2015
habib55:
Pls doctor.i hav bn havin stomach trouble 4 somtime now.burning sensation.my stomach is sensitive too touch and feeling of havin huge mass like stones on my sides.i went for scaning and was told i have Gastritis and Enteritis.i been recievin treatment with no success.pls help
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by pyod(f): 6:12pm On Dec 11, 2015
Hi doc..I feel itchy around my penis and I keep see some secretion coming out. I went to a clinic and dey prescribed ciprotab. Is dat an effect drug or shud I use something different?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by iamhistreasure: 7:46pm On Dec 11, 2015
Xiadnat:
iamhistreasure: I recommend you visit a gyn doc and let them take history, do physical exam and then perhaps give you contraceptive to regulate menses. Do you have any other symptoms at all that may suggest something off? What is your age? Prolonged elevated estradiol can be detrimental overall.

Ceefwesh: your friend need to abstain from marijuana if that is ingestion of MJ was the beginning of his symptoms. If however, after days/weeks of being clean and he is still exhibiting symptoms OR if symptoms get worse during detox time, he needs to have proper assessment by proper professionals.

odunma: re: internal heat: how old are you? And, do you have other symptoms/signs? Can go for blood test: blood count, chemistry profile and peripheral blood smear to check for malaria parasites. Also screen for typhoid and thyroid hormones.
Thank you doctor, no other symptoms just the very irregular menstrual cycle, I'm 24 years old
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by viviparity: 8:50pm On Dec 11, 2015
ladycomfort:
. Well done doc, pls what can I take to increase my butt size.
thanks doc,my baby is 2months 2weeks nd am n't into to see my gun now.it has reduced now
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 2:13am On Dec 12, 2015
Xiadnat:
rozeeb: Try body and lip lubrication/moisturizer, also apply topical antibiotics such polyspori.n on your lips. I think for you fingers, avoid harsh chemicals and such and keep moist with moisturizer.

maxcollins042: there is aquaphobia, but why now? Maybe see if there is something in the water that is giving you hives/rashes

opecares: Usually, menstruation especially with cramping tend to facilitate defecation. Some people may get constipation, but usually few days before menses. Do you have normal menstrual period as in: moderate flow, length and pain/cramps. ? Try drinking loads of water before your menses as water retention in the tissues can cause constipation.

keziehenry: she can see a doc regarding changing or stopping the drug to see if it clears away. She can also get exam.

goodhunte: boils are due to skin surface bacteria (normal flora) that gains access inside the skin via skin barrier break down, which then causes infection as boils. You need to get antibiotic treatment. Keep area clean, apply topical anti septic, and/or shower with antiseptic if you can. Some people even can bathe with bleach. Please, not whole bleach, just half a cup and then add loads of water to dilute.

Xiadnat:

Xiadnat:

Thanks Doctor. I have normal menstrual period (4 days) and flow. I noticed too that the more the water i take during the period, the lesser the anal pain during defecating but I don't want to experience it anymore. is there any drug u can prescribe for me so that I will use it to stop d pain
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by anibo2(m): 2:45am On Dec 12, 2015
Hello,I've got a problem that's been so disturbing..I sweat easily mostly from my armpit and I've tried lots of roll on but none Is working...is there a remedy to this?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Emdee590(m): 10:02am On Dec 12, 2015
Hello
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by kennethbrass: 3:29pm On Dec 12, 2015
Xiadnat:
dazzle86: 31mm is relatively small and should not impede conception. I don't really see cause for concern. Happy TTC

hapiness44: normal face mask isn't really sufficient. Some examples: N95, N99, N100, R95, R99, R100 etc. Google TB mask CDC.gov for more choices. I assume you are still undergoing treatment? Get tested at 8 weeks of treatment and after complete treatment (9months approximately). For resolution of active TB, your chest xray and sputum culture should be negative. Your PPD skin test will always be positive for having being exposed to TB.

cool83: If you are normal healthy person with no genetic immune deficient issues, then immune system can be improved by eating healthy balanced diet, managing or preventing certain medical conditions such as diabetes or HIV. And, also exercise.

cionon: studies show hydrotubation can be beneficial, but there is no guidelines or specifications as to when or when not to get it. I imagine it will be ok at day 26. I am not expert or gyn, so do consult with women's health professional. Happy TTC.

folake25: this is not normal. Are you on contraceptives? or anything thing on your history I should know?

good day doc...i have a sers condition in my genital area.itchng rashes in my scrotum and on my penis tip.I will also like to forward images to u. how can it be possible sir.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 9:29pm On Dec 12, 2015
Kennethbrass:
Go to nearest health center and get a medical check up. STD is possible if you are sexually active.
If not sexually active, then it is a contact dermatitis. If itching, apply 1% hydrocortison.e cream, and avoid trigger agent.

opecares: try anusol HC suppositories. It relieves anal pain. I suggest you eventually do get a health check up at some point just to make sure all is well.

anibo2: try stronger/potent antiperspirants. If you classify as hyperhidrosis, then your next step is medications or procedures that deal with root problem

habib55: i need more info on your health history and symptoms. What did the doctors find on the scans or any other lab/test results? Gastritis and enteritis are just general term for inflammation of your intestines/enteric system. This means nothing w/o further study and history to elucidate the cause. This could be infection, inflammatory conditions etc. I need more info.

pyod: penile discharge is STD until proven otherwise. Did the doctor get sample/culture of your discharge before giving you antibiotics? How long have you taken the ciprotab? It is not likely the drug that's causing the discharge, you need to treated for STD. Avoid sexual activities in the mean time.

vivparity: give it some time, it will resolve. If not, see gyn at your 6 months post partum check up. Congrats and good luck.

ladycomfort: apparently, squats and butt targeted exercises will give you more definition and "re-structure" your gluteus muscles giving it the appearance of 'bigger' size. I don't think it will necessarily enlarge your god given/genetics determined butt size. Whatever you do, say no to implants. Be safe.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Aaaaarghmed(m): 2:36pm On Dec 13, 2015
hello doctor,how is everything..i must commend you for your help in this section.thanks.my problem started when anytime i want to urinate i also pass out semen in the process...it did not bother me at first but it became frequent.i woke up one morning to urinate again and the pain i felt while urinating was unbearable,i also passed out much semen in the process.i decided to rush down to a health centre in abuja and a urine test was carried out..i was diagnosed with staphyloccocus.i quickly started intensive medications and injections for 2 weeks.after the treatment i did not pass out semen anymore,but i later found out that when i wana have sex with my fiancee,i get erections and when i insert my manhood in her,it immidiately stop being erected and it makes sex so fustrating.i cannot even have sex for up to 3 mins because of this issue.ive tried several times and i dont know wat could be the cause of this problem.pls advise me
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Austema(m): 11:57am On Dec 14, 2015
Hello doctor, my problem is a dental issue, As young as I am; most of my front teeths are shaking, I can not use to chew strong food, please is there any way I can make my teeth stong again?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by almacherish(f): 6:18pm On Dec 14, 2015
Xiadnat:

Yes it is still applicable for a male.

gdevening doc, pls i saw my period on 12-16th nov, had unprotected sex on 17th; took postinor by10:30am on 18th and d last tab on 19th by 3:30am. Went for blood pt on 2nd dec and 11th dec, both came out negative. No period yet. Can i be pregnant, do i have to go for a scan? Do u have an idea wen i myt see my period? PS: my periods are irregular, last menstrual cycle was 41 days. Ie oct- nov . Thanks doc
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ciano1110: 10:10pm On Dec 14, 2015
Pls doctors in the house,what can I use to treat malaria for a breastfeeding mother
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by meetmal03(f): 11:25pm On Dec 14, 2015
Increase your chances of taking in by creating a conducive environment in your womb for the baby to thrive in.
Are you pregnant already and need a complete supply of all the nutrients including folic acid for your unborn child?

Then you need Naturemade parental Multi + Dha softgel.

Nature Made Prenatal plus DHA Liquid SoftGel combines all of the key nutrients from a prenatal multivitamin with 200 mg DHA into ONE SINGLE SOFTGEL

Helps to support a healthy pregnancy and the baby’s development

Only one softgel a day has all the nutrients that you need.

You dont need to take any other thing till you give birth .
It is made in USA.

5 months supply is for 8000 naira saving you money that you would have used for pregnacare for 5 months.

To get one, go to the Nigerian supplier site www.mifant.com and get a bottle.
Text: 08104323941
Whatsapp: +447423097893

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by jummiekay: 6:47am On Dec 15, 2015
Doctor,pls av been suffering from serious sore throat for the past 3yrs which they called tonsilites although av gone to d hospital before and I went through tonsillectomy and given drugs but It has come back and its affecting the sides of my tongue and my face looks swollen and i look very lean pls what do I do for it to go permanently.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 10:14pm On Dec 16, 2015
almacherish:

gdevening doc, pls i saw my period on 12-16th nov, had unprotected sex on 17th; took postinor by10:30am on 18th and d last tab on 19th by 3:30am. Went for blood pt on 2nd dec and 11th dec, both came out negative. No period yet. Can i be pregnant, do i have to go for a scan? Do u have an idea wen i myt see my period? PS: my periods are irregular, last menstrual cycle was 41 days. Ie oct- nov . Thanks doc

If you had blood pregnancy test on the 11th, it should have turned positive. But, until you see your period, you cannot be too sure especially since you have irregular period. You are likely not pregnant. But, do wait for your period.....
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 10:21pm On Dec 16, 2015
ciano1110:
Pls doctors in the house,what can I use to treat malaria for a breastfeeding mother

Treat yourself or baby or both?

Chloroquin.e, Mefloquin.e

Artemethe.r and lumefantrin.e or Coarte.m are good choices.

See your doctor tho.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 10:24pm On Dec 16, 2015
Austema:
Hello doctor, my problem is a dental issue, As young as I am; most of my front teeths are shaking, I can not use to chew strong food, please is there any way I can make my teeth stong again?

You may be lacking some minerals in your diet such as fluoride.

See a dentist or at least your regular doctor to investigated for dental problems. You may need braces.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 10:34pm On Dec 16, 2015
Aaaaarghmed:
hello doctor,how is everything..i must commend you for your help in this section.thanks.my problem started when anytime i want to urinate i also pass out semen in the process...it did not bother me at first but it became frequent.i woke up one morning to urinate again and the pain i felt while urinating was unbearable,i also passed out much semen in the process.i decided to rush down to a health centre in abuja and a urine test was carried out..i was diagnosed with staphyloccocus.i quickly started intensive medications and injections for 2 weeks.after the treatment i did not pass out semen anymore,but i later found out that when i wana have sex with my fiancee,i get erections and when i insert my manhood in her,it immidiately stop being erected and it makes sex so fustrating.i cannot even have sex for up to 3 mins because of this issue.ive tried several times and i dont know wat could be the cause of this problem.pls advise me

Staph was not the problem. Where you tested for STD? What is your age, do you have medical issues you know of? Any other symptoms? Do you take any drugs, herbs, medications street or prescribed?

I doubt your urinary issues is the cause of your erection issues. I think that your erection issues is likely psychological. Answer those questions and get back at me, at your wish.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Aaaaarghmed(m): 9:01am On Dec 17, 2015
thank u for your observation,am 28 years old and i have never taken herbs or medications of any sort,i was not tested for STD.i dont have any medical issues.a doctor also told me my problem could be my state of mind when i want to have sex.
Xiadnat:

Staph was not the problem. Where you tested for STD? What is your age, do you have medical issues you know of? Any other symptoms? Do you take any drugs, herbs, medications street or prescribed?

I doubt your urinary issues is the cause of your erection issues. I think that your erection issues is likely psychological. Answer those questions and get back at me, at your wish.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by okay10: 4:41pm On Dec 17, 2015
Please what can you say about this, I need. Help, advice my fingernails and toenails get fatter but it doesn't hurt

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 5:58pm On Dec 17, 2015
Aaaaarghmed:
thank u for your observation,am 28 years old and i have never taken herbs or medications of any sort,i was not tested for STD.i dont have any medical issues.a doctor also told me my problem could be my state of mind when i want to have sex.

It is very likely your state of mind. I suggest you ease up on sex issues right now and divert your focus and energy else where.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 6:04pm On Dec 17, 2015
okay10:
Please what can you say about this, I need. Help, advice my fingernails and toenails get fatter but it doesn't hurt

I need more information about you and your health history. How long has this been going on? Any other issues?

Fatter as in fluid or fat tissues? What does it look like hard mass or soft or liquid? What is your health like? Your job? What you use/apply to your self?

You have to go for an exam.

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.