Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,037 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (187) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (636439 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jan 18, 2016
oluwafreshkid:

Xiadnat

I suspect been infected with gonorrhoea, and I have used doxycycline and flagyl with cotrimoxazole and nitrofurantoin for 3 days now, still no improvement. I don't want to take that ceftriaxone injection o
What do you advise please!?

Your sexual partner needs to be treated. And, if the medicines are effective and you have finished course, and still not improving, then, time to look for a another diagnosis or another STD.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jan 18, 2016
Kereokwu:
Hello Doc., I have very heavy flow on 2nd & 3rd day and sometimes there are lumps in the flow,my period last 4 to 5days. And such days its very painful.

How old are you? It sounds like menorrhagia. Visit a gynaecologist to check for fibroid and the like. The gyn doc can possibly prescribe contraceptive for management of your dysfunctional bleeding. Good luck
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jan 18, 2016
easyconnect: has this person being checked for anemia, thyroid problems or possibly nutritional deficiency? What other symptoms is she having? what drug did they give?

ernestsimeon: how old are you? did you recently loose a lot of weight? do you take any medications such as steroid drugs? there is a skin condition called striae and i think that's the description you gave. It is usually due to hormonal imbalances some abnormal, but can be due to normal adolescent growth phase.

ilesanmioo: ok. Hep B. Should not matter tho. Are you applying as a student? health worker? Pr is? Good luck.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jan 20, 2016
Xiadnat:
easyconnect: has this person being checked for anemia, thyroid problems or possibly nutritional deficiency? What other symptoms is she having? what drug did they give?

ernestsimeon: how old are you? did you recently loose a lot of weight? do you take any medications such as steroid drugs? there is a skin condition called striae and i think that's the description you gave. It is usually due to hormonal imbalances some abnormal, but can be due to normal adolescent growth phase.

I'm 18 and on the skinny side...nope I didn't loose weight, I'm even trying to gain more weight...

ilesanmioo: ok. Hep B. Should not matter tho. Are you applying as a student? health worker? Pr is? Good luck.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Rukkington(f): 10:59pm On Jan 20, 2016
Good evening Doc.
Please, I want to ask if a pelvic scan did not detect PID, does it mean such person doesn't av PID.... Hence, can't av blockage 2ru dat
Also, which oda way can a person find out if her tubes are ok aside from HSG test.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Aaaaarghmed(m): 10:10am On Jan 21, 2016
pls doctor i need to add weight,i recently noticed that am getting slimmer and my family are already complaining......am getting slim especially in my face region.what can i use to add weight.thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by mailtojan: 2:00pm On Jan 21, 2016
NitroNos X :- I think another a piece of my Muscle Building Diet that is vital is disposing of the vast majority of the completely prepared sustenances. These sorts of fixings are unsafe to you in light of the fact that theyare soaked in different things and additionally exacerbates that your body needn't bother with. As I would like to think they genuinely diminish the system for muscle. Attempt to come back to all genuine sustenance that is common. It isn't so much that poor truly. Rather than purchasing nourishment that is bundled, begin eating poultry and meats. Read More==>> http://advancemenpower.com/nitronos-x/

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jan 21, 2016
Xiadnat:

Am applying as a skilled workerfor permanent residency
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jan 21, 2016
Xiadnat:

I'm 18 and on the skinny side...nope, I didn't loose weight,
I'm even trying to gain more weight,I don't take steroid drugs..
It bothers me cos its getting much more. I am told it's all going to clear as I grow,how true is this??
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jan 24, 2016
Ernestsimeon:

I'm 18 and on the skinny side...nope, I didn't loose weight,
I'm even trying to gain more weight,I don't take steroid drugs..
It bothers me cos its getting much more. I am told it's all going to clear as I grow,how true is this??

Ok. well, if you have no other noticeable symptoms. Then, it's likely it's so called "growing pains"- normal physiological process

It hormonal. It may or may not go away eventually once your skin is done stretching out from hormonal influence.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jan 24, 2016
Aaaaarghmed:
pls doctor i need to add weight,i recently noticed that am getting slimmer and my family are already complaining......am getting slim especially in my face region.what can i use to add weight.thanks

Get a check up form you doctor to make sure you do not have medical cause for your underweight issues.

1. are you loosing weight actively? Or is it that you are not gaining enough weight?
2. what is your diet like?
3. what is your age, weight and height?

Assuming that you are healthy, then you need to eat a balanced diet that consists of carbs, protein and good faith, and minerals/vitamins. To gain weight is simple arithematics. You need to keep more caloric energy than you are burning off.

This may mean that 1. you eat more or 2. you become less active. Or. eat more than you are active.

Good luck
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jan 24, 2016
Rukkington:
Good evening Doc.
Please, I want to ask if a pelvic scan did not detect PID, does it mean such person doesn't av PID.... Hence, can't av blockage 2ru dat
Also, which oda way can a person find out if her tubes are ok aside from HSG test.

PID is a clinical diagnosis confirmed with microbiological tests to detect. This meaning that scans will not pick it up unless you have damages from PID such as adhesion of tubes. Negative scan does not necessarily mean that you do not have PID.

Laparascopy is another option for detecting Fallopian tube obstruction.

Good luck.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by billtommy(m): 8:29pm On Jan 27, 2016
[quote author=Xiadnat post=42292058]

Hello Doc, this is from a worried friend.

I had sex with my ex girlfriend about 7 days ago, the first session lasted for about 3 minutes without protection, tho I released into her. The second session was longer but with protection. Now, am feeling (when relaxed) some sudden ant-like movement in different parts of my body, and my body temperature is a little above the usual. Asides this, I feel no sign of illness and am doing very fine. What could be the problem pls.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by sleekybaby29: 6:55pm On Jan 29, 2016
Dear Doc, good day. Pls I want you to info me on the functions of egovin. My husband's sperm is watery. I don't kw wat to do again we have been TTC a year plus. Pls help.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by luthorcorp: 8:22pm On Jan 29, 2016
Have read this trend from page one and must confess,this is a real great place for those seeking med advice
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jan 31, 2016
billtommy:

Please, no offense, do you take street drugs as in cocaine and marijuana? Ant like crawly feeling is often one of the manifestations of recreational drugs-some.

sleekybaby29: I have no idea what egovi.n is. I will have to research it. So, does you husband have a normal sperm analysis? Have you been both checked out regarding fertility?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by billtommy(m): 12:03am On Feb 01, 2016
No I didn't, only took some few cups of wine. I no longer have the feeling tho. I remembered I took schweeps after, which I believe contains "qinne", which I react to. So I feel that may have been the cause.

[quote author=Xiadnat post=42499104]billtommy:

Please, no offense, do you take street drugs as in cocaine and marijuana? Ant like crawly feeling is often one of the manifestations of recreational drugs-some.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by duchessxino(f): 12:32am On Feb 01, 2016
Good day doc..... please what can of pills should I take for weight gain.....i really need your help.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by dorisweller: 12:41pm On Feb 03, 2016
NitroNos X :- Which implies Best Bodybuilding schedules for incline individuals needs some sort of volume. Full-body workouts, achieved 3 times week after week work with this standard. Then again upper and lower breaks can likewise work, in light of your framework structure. Read More==>> http://advancemenpower.com/nitronos-x/

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Olami099(m): 7:12pm On Feb 03, 2016
Doctors in the house, Please I need your medical advice my mother often complains that she do develop chest pain when she does any strenuous work and that at times his face which includes her mouth and nose will become stiff for some seconds before relieving her..Please what can cause this and what can be done about it..she's is close to 50 years.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by rozeeb: 5:19am On Feb 04, 2016
pls help me ohh hve been cramping since monday dont know the cause bt going to hosp tomorow. i did scan on mon ad my follicle ruptured bt since mon cramp cramp dont know if anybody have experienced it. thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by scheat39: 7:39pm On Feb 05, 2016
please doctor, i need your advice please.

i felt sick and went to hospital for lab test, the result said malaria and typhoid.
but after i treated those diseases with the medication they gave me, i started having strange problem in my body.

o GOD, the problem is that i cant see clearly, every where is turning around in my eye.

please is their solution for this?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Dazzle86(f): 6:49pm On Feb 07, 2016
hello Doctor, what can I do to get pregnant. I have tried for three cycles now. I had a myomectomy last year. i have done scan ,my womb is fibroids free. my husband's SA is OK. I have been taking folic acid everyday. I use opk ,and bd during my fertile period. Still don't know why it has not happened. I am getting apprehensive.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by taiye4real: 1:58am On Feb 08, 2016
Try consulting a doctor (for free) at pelmedic.com
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Babydeedee: 5:03am On Feb 08, 2016
Hi doctor, i had burning sensations and painful urinating in my vagina few weeks back. I was given anti biotics that i used for aweek and it went. A week later,i started having itching vagina, no pain, no discharge, no foul odour. Been using mycoten cream now, no improvements. What can i use.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 7:27pm On Feb 10, 2016
duchessxino:
Good day doc..... please what can of pills should I take for weight gain.....i really need your help.

None. Just eat a well balanced diet. Eat more than you expend. You need a checkup to rule out medical conditions as cause for weight loss
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 7:36pm On Feb 10, 2016
olami099: your mother needs to visit a doctor for check up. It could be her chest muscles or worse yet, her heart.

rozeeb: you may have ruptured cystic ovaries. See a gynecologist. You may require more intervention

scheat39: what medications did they give ya? it could be medication reaction. Or simply malaria/typhoid are causing it. See an eye doctor pronto

dazzle86: try to relax and calm down, stress and apprehension will definitely not help you. I think you should just enjoy sex with your partner and get pressure to conceive out of your mind. Let it happen naturally. Body's stress hormones are anti-conception. You need to relax and de-stress. If you and your partners' fertile physiology is good, then no worries. Have they scanned your fallopian tubes and uterus? Mycomectomy can cause scaring which may impede fertility.

babydeedee: do you have diabetes, on medications such as steriod or have any medical condition you know off? Do you apply anything to your vaginal area? Itching can be due to non-infectious irritants. It may not be candida. Do investigate what chemical irritant may be itching and stop it.

Take care.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by elegushichilling: 10:46pm On Feb 10, 2016
Pls is there any doctor around who can tell me
d cost of post exposure rabies vaccine shot.
Backtrack to jan 21st. I was bitten by a very big
German dog that left my left thigh with a
scratch. I never knew the scratch bite was
fatal because d dog looks cool, okay and regularly vaccinated as claimed by d owner.
The same day after d bite, a pharmacist asked me
to go take d rabbies vaccine which I didn't take
serious. After 2 weeks of d bite, I started
feeling funny like sensation on d spot of d bite,
after some days, it extend to my left leg and then to my left arm.
I went to a private hospital today, along sango-
ijoko road road, ogun st. and d doctor said he
doesn't know if it is too late but he will give me
d vaccine shot today, monday, 8th feb, second shot on
thursday morning and last shot next week monday, making a total of 3 shots.
According to a 2009 report I read through
google on this site, ' www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/vis/vis-statements/rabies.html ' It reported that d post exposure vacine
requires 4 shots and another rabies immune
glubullin. Drs, I need ur advice, please save a
life, today completes 18 days after d bite, I
accept my fault but I refused to die now becoz
I'am about to shine. The doctor told me d total cost for d whole
shot is 11k, I paid 7k promising to pay d balance
on next shot. Pls advice...
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Baxilexi(m): 11:47pm On Feb 10, 2016
elegushichilling:
Pls is there any doctor around who can tell me
d cost of post exposure rabies vaccine shot.
Backtrack to jan 21st. I was bitten by a very big
German dog that left my left thigh with a
scratch. I never knew the scratch bite was
fatal because d dog looks cool, okay and regularly vaccinated as claimed by d owner.
The same day after d bite, a pharmacist asked me
to go take d rabbies vaccine which I didn't take
serious. After 2 weeks of d bite, I started
feeling funny like sensation on d spot of d bite,
after some days, it extend to my left leg and then to my left arm.
I went to a private hospital today, along sango-
ijoko road road, ogun st. and d doctor said he
doesn't know if it is too late but he will give me
d vaccine shot today, monday, 8th feb, second shot on
thursday morning and last shot next week monday, making a total of 3 shots.
According to a 2009 report I read through
google on this site, ' www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/vis/vis-statements/rabies.html ' It reported that d post exposure vacine
requires 4 shots and another rabies immune
glubullin. Drs, I need ur advice, please save a
life, today completes 18 days after d bite, I
accept my fault but I refused to die now becoz
I'am about to shine. The doctor told me d total cost for d whole
shot is 11k, I paid 7k promising to pay d balance
on next shot. Pls advice...

Evening.

Am very tired. So I wouldn't write much. Tell the doctor to consider RABIES IMMUNOGLOBULIN. The vaccine would take too long to mount a defence. Better still commence immediate search for the drug. Buy it and take it to your doctor.

Goodnight.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by elegushichilling: 7:09am On Feb 11, 2016
Baxilexi:

Evening.

Am very tired. So I wouldn't write much. Tell the doctor to consider RABIES IMMUNOGLOBULIN. The vaccine would take too long to mount a defence. Better still commence immediate search for the drug. Buy it and take it to your doctor.

Goodnight.

Thank u very much Sir. He gave me d first shot on monday. I felt very okay but by tuesday night, those feelings returned to my left leg and very serious. I was forced to purchase ampiclox and I used it. By wednesday morning, d feeling was intensed on d left side of my head but greatly reduced on my leg. I went back to d hospital hoping dat d doctor will give me d second shot. He said he can do nothing until thursday morning (this morning). I took another capsule of ampiclox dat same morning, d painful headache relieved me but I was very weak. I just hope it has not gotten to my CNS by this morning. The same dog that bite me is still alive but was vaccinated d 3rd day after it bite me. I will tel the doc what u told me Sir, thanks a lot.

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.