Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,203 members, 7,953,749 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:12 AM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (654093 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (306) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by dominique(f): 10:32pm On Nov 08, 2009
@Dr Balogun
i've reported the missing post to the admin. i'm sure it'll turn up soon
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 2:51pm On Nov 09, 2009
Balogun:

lady jay, I posted a reply to your query. Seems to have gone missing.
Would the moderator try and retrieve the reply please

I feel you bro.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ladyjay1(f): 8:42am On Nov 10, 2009
eya dr Balogun tanx alot,wil try n look 4 u n get bak 2 u tanx
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ladyjay1(f): 8:55am On Nov 10, 2009
tanx dr balogun 1ce again jus saw d reply in ur profile,
we wil go n do d sperm count test
also wen i went 2 c mi gynae last week
he sugested i go for an x-ray of mi womb i tink
its scheduled 4 12th nov
then blood test on 21st day after mi period n also
on the 2nd day,i tink 2 make sure
am ovulating
then am schedulled 4 a scan on the 12th of dec
then 4 mi husband also 2 test his sperm,ope its ok 2 do ol ese tests
wil let u knw hw it goes
P.S-ope watery sperm dznt signifies anything wrong,is it normal?
i undstand its said dat pple have different kinds depending on d individual

also bout d painting wil luk him up on d internet or wil try n get 1 of his works,tanx alot dr really do apreciate it alot.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by toxy(f): 11:25am On Nov 10, 2009
Dr Balogun ,I dont know if u are a gynaecologist but am very sure ull be able to help me.am a lady of 23yrs,my mensrual circle used to be 28days b4 but since 3months now it has drastically changed to 21/22/23days,i dont konw wat to do cos m scared i dont know if it's has a result of d evacuation i did 3months ago dat has changed it ,i hope am still ok or if deres any prob with me wat can i do? please i need ur help b4 i give mysef heart attack.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by richardtee(m): 3:51pm On Nov 10, 2009
kindly advice me on these problem.I have been having this nagging severe back and muscular pains at the back of my thighs and legs.I have done x-ray to check my back,nothing was detected.I was placed on pain relieving tablets and also uses balms and ointments but i'm yet to get relieved.What can i do?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 12:23pm On Nov 11, 2009
richardtee, your back sounds like musculoligamentous problems. Xrays as you have found out contributes nothing to none trauma back pain. See a physiotherapist to give you exercises to do. If it still does not improve an MRI of your back will show what exactly the problem is
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 12:26pm On Nov 11, 2009
toxy, not unusual for you periods to take time coming back to normal after an evacuation. should settle itself soon
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ammamat(f): 5:27pm On Nov 12, 2009
Plz I just started noticing this last month and this month>>>>

Plz DR each time is a week or 2 weeks before my period , i can't hold pee again, and if i drink water i won't stay up to 5 min i must pee,
Meanwhile is not always that way, and if I drink soft like Coke, i can pee up to 4 times before day break,

Pls what cud be the problem as i am worried.

And another thing is that my period is no longer healthy, healthy as in is not flowing as it's suppose.

PLz i don't sweat, i hope all is well with me oh
PLs DR help
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Radiant(f): 10:41pm On Nov 12, 2009
ammamat:

Plz I just started noticing this last month and this month>>>>

Plz DR each time is a week or 2 weeks before my period , i can't hold pee again, and if i drink water i won't stay up to 5 min i must pee,
Meanwhile is not always that way, and if I drink soft like Coke, i can pee up to 4 times before day break,

Pls what cud be the problem as i am worried.

And another thing is that my period is no longer healthy, healthy as in is not flowing as it's suppose.

PLz i don't sweat, i hope all is well with me oh
PLs DR help

Do you have pain while peeing? You may be suffering from cystitis.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ammamat(f): 1:20pm On Nov 13, 2009
@ Redaint

If i holf the pee for a long time, i will feel small pain in my abdomen,
My period also is always blood in the first day the second day is as brown as choculate
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Radiant(f): 8:56pm On Nov 13, 2009
I think you should be examined by a doctor. However, I think you're suffering with either cystitis or just urinary incontinence. If it's this then you shouldn't really worry much. It can be cleared very easily with the right treatment.

I would advise that you get a prescription from a doctor after examination. I could tell you what to take but then it's always better to be examined.

As for the blood, I think some women experience that colour a lot. It's probably due to poor evacuation during your last period. You shouldn't worry about it except it has a foul smell (not the normal smell of blood)
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ojofu(m): 6:24pm On Nov 14, 2009
Dear DR, I am having pains on my neck.Sometimes it become stiff and when try to turn it, I hear some sound as if two bones are being rubbed together. Any remedy?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 8:35pm On Nov 14, 2009
ammamat:

@ Redaint

If i holf the pee for a long time, i will feel small pain in my abdomen,
My period also is always blood in the first day the second day is as brown as choculate

Please disregard everything Radiant said about this chocolate discharge, she is almost criminally wrong. Everybody who has attended medical school even for one day knows that when a female patient of child-bearing age comes complaining about chocolate discharge and abdominal pain, you should always think about problems with the ovary---ovarian cyst, POS, and even ovarian cancer.
The chocolate color is not due to poor evacuation as she had ignorantly tried to suggest, it's part of the disease process of this condition and must be fully investigated by your doctor.

Radiant:

I think you should be examined by a doctor. However, I think you're suffering with either cystitis or just urinary incontinence. If it's this then you shouldn't really worry much. It can be cleared very easily with the right treatment.

I would advise that you get a prescription from a doctor after examination. I could tell you what to take but then it's always better to be examined.

As for the blood, I think some women experience that colour a lot. It's probably due to poor evacuation during your last period. You shouldn't worry about it except it has a foul smell (not the normal smell of blood)

Your post is one of the reasons why Dr. Balogun said that if you're not an M.D, you really shouldn't be tryint to answer people's questions here. I agree. We might not respond very timely to all the clinical questions, but we've tried to maintain a standard, accurate, and medically reliable thread on this forum. It would be unfair for you to disrupt it.

Chocolate brown discharge is synonymous with ovarian cystic diseases----- endometriosis, cyctic ovary, polycystic ovarian syndrome, and even ovarian cancer. If you didn't know that, you should go pass your medical boards first, before coming here to give advice. If you knew that, then why did you negligently/criminally advice this patient not to worry about this condition? The disease process advances with each day, and there is no time to waste to wrong medical advice.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 8:42pm On Nov 14, 2009
ojofu:

Dear DR, I am having pains on my neck.Sometimes it become stiff and when try to turn it, I hear some sound as if two bones are being rubbed together. Any remedy?

You should give us more history: age, injury, occupation, when is the symptom worse-morning or evenings, sex, other medical history.
From what you have so far, it's likely you have arthritis. Do you have stiffness, pain, and swelling in other parts of your body or joints? Correct diagnosis is important before treatment is recommended.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Radiant(f): 3:30am On Nov 15, 2009
Naijaking, you didn't have to get all aggressive.

I'm not a gynaecologist but I've seen women who have experienced exactly what the girl described and they didn't have any problems with their ovaries or uterus. They did all the surgical exams and nothing was found.

I personally have experienced this once or twice and nothing is wrong with me.

It might be endomet. like you mentioned but then who knows. She should go and be examined.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by kathyekiti: 5:26am On Nov 15, 2009
I guess I came just in time, I mean, before naijaking and radiant come to cyberblows. Hi docs. Thanks so much for filling in. Can you guys send admin messages? I would love to exchange numbers
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Radiant(f): 5:31am On Nov 15, 2009
kathyekiti:

I guess I came just in time, I mean, before naijaking and radiant come to cyberblows. Hi docs. Thanks so much for filling in. Can you guys send admin messages? I would love to exchange numbers

Lol. . that won't happen here smiley I stand to be corrected.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by dewoy: 7:52am On Nov 15, 2009
@naija king,
the test was taking in a lab,and i was fasting then,
my medications are glucophage,glanin and alphabetics,
i stick myself also,d machines get me nuts sometimes 290,273,212,173,158 it just kips fluctuating everyday.
i noticed that if i stick myself b4 i sleep it relatively low like 169,185,190 max, bt 2 wake up in da morin and am like 240+,
my urine as been foamy nowadays,fatigue and dizzines,pains in my foot
bt my doctor says all i nid is 2 constantly exercise my body cos my weight is 127kg and am 6feet 2inches tall, pls advice.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ojofu(m): 11:28am On Nov 15, 2009
naijaking1:

You should give us more history: age, injury, occupation, when is the symptom worse-morning or evenings, sex, other medical history.
From what you have so far, it's likely you have arthritis. Do you have stiffness, pain, and swelling in other parts of your body or joints? Correct diagnosis is important before treatment is recommended.

I am 27 year, no injury, the symptom is worse when working especially when doing stuff like reading, bending down to pick up things, working with computer, infact anything that involve bending my neck. the pain is usually from my neck up to my cervical region. I have stiffness but no swelling. I have already change my pillow and my mattress.
thanks for your help.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 1:36pm On Nov 15, 2009
kathyekiti:

Kathy, welcome back. We really missed you. I hope your family has managed to carry on after the tragedy. Balogun too was asking about you a few pages back.
Also, we missed our October hang-out opportunity in Manhattan! It will be nice to exchange numbers, my email is at yahoo.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 2:19pm On Nov 15, 2009
Radiant:

Naijaking, you didn't have to get all aggressive.

I'm not a gynaecologist but I've seen women who have experienced exactly what the girl described and they didn't have any problems with their ovaries or uterus. They did all the surgical exams and nothing was found.

I personally have experienced this once or twice and nothing is wrong with me.

It might be endomet. like you mentioned but then who knows. She should go and be examined.

Telling the patient not to worry about chocolate colored discharge in this context was not a good advice.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Radiant(f): 4:01pm On Nov 15, 2009
naijaking1:

Telling the patient not to worry about chocolate colored discharge in this context was not a good advice.

My bad. I apologise for that.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 4:57pm On Nov 15, 2009
Radiant:

My bad. I apologise for that.
I also apologise for coming across so agressively. I did that because, despite the fact that 99% cases of chocolate colored discharge could end up benign, we could loose an opportunity to help this lady just incase her discharge did not belong to the 99%. Like they say in surgery, it's the 1% missed opportunity that ends up defining one's career. Thanks for your input.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Radiant(f): 5:00pm On Nov 15, 2009
cool
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by samaru: 8:30pm On Nov 15, 2009
BALOGUN,
i just want to find out the effect of too much predinsolone in the body.cos i feel i am taking it to much.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 9:18pm On Nov 15, 2009
what are you taking the prednisolone for and how long. Also what dosage are you on
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by kenzyma(m): 9:41pm On Nov 15, 2009
Dr Balogun, how can one treat hook worm effectively
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by kathyekiti: 1:14am On Nov 16, 2009
@naijaking
I know. I was really looking forward to it. I will send you an email with my info so we are always in touch. By God's grace, the circumstances that caused me to be away will never repeat
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by dewoy: 7:56am On Nov 16, 2009
@Naijaking,,,,,
Pls reply my post now pls
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ankeade: 12:43pm On Nov 16, 2009
Hello Dr. Balogun,
You said your emeail address is on your profile.

But it is hidden. I can't see it at all.

Please, can you mail me your email address.
Mine is ti2_awo@yahoo.com

Thanks so much.

Best Regards.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 6:35pm On Nov 16, 2009
dewoy:

@naija king,
the test was taking in a lab,and i was fasting then,
my medications are glucophage,glanin and alphabetics,
i stick myself also,d machines get me nuts sometimes 290,273,212,173,158 it just kips fluctuating everyday.
i noticed that if i stick myself b4 i sleep it relatively low like 169,185,190 max, bt 2 wake up in da morin and am like 240+,
my urine as been foamy nowadays,fatigue and dizzines,pains in my foot
bt my doctor says all i nid is 2 constantly exercise my body cos my weight is 127kg and am 6feet 2inches tall, pls advice.

Diabetes mellitus is essentially a problem of sugar usage in the body. Too little or too much sugar causes symptoms. The medications include the ones you're using right now, insulin, and most important of all, education. You're young, and that's to your advantage, because with proper education, medication, and exercise, you should live your normal life span. I have a patient who is 102 years old who has had diabetes since she was 36 years old.
Exercise is good for the body, because the muscles become more able to use sugar, but in situations were exercise is not enough, medications become useful. If you loose a few pounds of your weight, you will immediately notice an improvement in your sugar control. If you have a good doctor who is knowledgable about diabetes, you should be getting your urine, blood, sight, and body checked every six months or there about. Also, find a good diabetic education nurse or health professional who will help teach you about nutrition, exercise, and medications. I tell my patients that diabetes is no longer a death sentence in this day and age; and I tell you the same.

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (306) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.