Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,497 members, 7,830,500 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

Can I Further My Secondary School Education At Age 24? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can I Further My Secondary School Education At Age 24? (23564 Views)

The Menace Of Boarding Houses For Secondary School Education. / Nkechi Chidi-Ogbolu Bags PHD Scholarship At University Of California At Age 18 / Azubuike Ezenwoke Appointed As Registrar In Landmark University At Age Of 32 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Further My Secondary School Education At Age 24? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Nov 22, 2016
you write better than many graduates, you sound more intelligent than many graduates. If you want to go back to school by all means do so, but I doubt the Nigerian educational system will improve you or your job prospects more than what I can see from your initial post. My advice is get an internationally recognized qualification that can lead to immediate employment, there are many courses you can take on the internet for free.
Re: Can I Further My Secondary School Education At Age 24? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Nov 22, 2016
No age barrier in education bro. Education is life long process both institutionalized or informal.
Re: Can I Further My Secondary School Education At Age 24? by Akbaba3310(m): 3:57pm On Nov 22, 2016
Bro, with the way you typed your post and the structure of your post, forget Secondary School. Go and get past question and register for GCE. 24 is just a number. Wishing you all the very best as you proceed. cool

1 Like

Re: Can I Further My Secondary School Education At Age 24? by deor03(m): 3:57pm On Nov 22, 2016
utibense:
I droped out of secondary sch.after I failed my SS1 3rd term exam, this hapened because I lost my dad so there was no one to pay my sch fees n provide my needs I was not allowed to write some papers because I didn't pay my fee, dat was how I failed d exam dat was supose to promote me to SS2, I was forced by circumstance to leave school. And since den I've bn working in some hotels trying to survive
I've Wished to work n attend sch. But work won't give me time
I'm 24 n already living in my own rented apartment.
Now I want to further my education but don't know how to go abt it since I didn't even reach SS3
Also I have house rent and other Bills to take care of
I really need advice from you guys Pls. What should I do?.

My handicapped cousin in the village, paralysed from neck down, was kept indoors by his parents till about age 20.

He started primary school at the age of 21( about 24 years ago) , Today he is a Graduate , Teacher (civil servant) , a father and fens for his wife & 3 children.

So, it's not too late

1 Like

Re: Can I Further My Secondary School Education At Age 24? by Debra911(f): 3:59pm On Nov 22, 2016
GdexFolami:
My brother just be determined,you can acquire all what you desire in O-level in just one year.Go to tutorials and get a GCE form to do. I'm sure if u're committed things will work out,for ur information I heard of sm1 that finished as an ART student in O-level and later read very well in another year and changed his field to science,collected a GCE form and he performed very well.Now he z either a medical student or doctor i'm not sure but he ought to have finished.Bro you see,everything z possible only if u think it is.thanks
You're right,I'm a living testimony of this story, I was an art students back in secondary school, my O'level was on commercial courses,after two years, I changed to sciences , I was determined to study medicine and I took a GCE form,I made my papers & today I'm a medical students, I'v jez started though, but all I want to tell my friend is that age has no limit wen it comes to education, I'm a female& I Neva minded going after my dreams, So u can in anyway, Go for tutorial classes, take a GCE form & u'll succeed let that determination to go skul keep burning in u, and for ur finances take it over to God & he's gonna see u thru.

1 Like

Re: Can I Further My Secondary School Education At Age 24? by Justicealh3(m): 4:02pm On Nov 22, 2016
School timeless.
Re: Can I Further My Secondary School Education At Age 24? by Destined2win: 4:05pm On Nov 22, 2016
Millz404:

undecided
Hahahaha....Funny you
Re: Can I Further My Secondary School Education At Age 24? by sukkottt: 4:05pm On Nov 22, 2016
bro at 24 just go and learn a trade. real talk
Re: Can I Further My Secondary School Education At Age 24? by EternalTruth: 4:10pm On Nov 22, 2016
RillJ:
With rugged determination and God's mercy, you could start now and be a
- A first degree holder at 29/30 and probably still make NYSC (NYSC or Not no sweats)
- A Masters degree holder at 32/33
- A PHD holder at 38/39

There is nothing to stop you if you really mean this bro! Feel free to msg me privately if you need mentoring on this.

God see you through
God bless you for this
Re: Can I Further My Secondary School Education At Age 24? by EternalTruth: 4:10pm On Nov 22, 2016
teewhydope:

oponu
jati jati
Re: Can I Further My Secondary School Education At Age 24? by SexyRat: 4:11pm On Nov 22, 2016
utibense:
Thanks a lot for your contributions, It helped. Now I'm thinking about how to manage my work and school, my current job doesn't give me much time so I'm thinking of how to get a job that is day on- a day off.

Forget about going to wear uniform and stand on a line every morning singing national Anthem

Get text books related to the subjects you want to read. Start reading them as if your life depends on it. Enrol in privately lessons. Then register for Waec

I did science while in school, after staying at home for 3 years without getting admission, I switched to Art.

3 years after securing my Waec result I got admission as a regular student in Uniport to study History and Diplomatic studies and will be going to 3l when school resume.
Am 28 years now

Guess what, am working and schooling.

You can do it. Is all in your mind.
Re: Can I Further My Secondary School Education At Age 24? by Omonigeriarere: 4:16pm On Nov 22, 2016
slimthugchimee2:
soo people without secondary education are in nairaland undecided anyway am not surprised most of them full romanceland

Apart from the fact that your sentences lack punctuation mark(s), the bolded is a further attestation that you are one of them tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Can I Further My Secondary School Education At Age 24? by Brightgem(f): 4:19pm On Nov 22, 2016
Ayah. My father believes as long as you can read and write ur educated, the training left is formal and in specific field. In naija its already hard enuf for graduates let alone non-graduates. I get one suya guy wey like dey gist, always telling me if I see he hasnt opened he has not closed from school. I thought its some adult distance learning till he said its primary school o. I hailed him. so I guess its all abt planning and priorities.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Further My Secondary School Education At Age 24? by Jchi9876: 4:20pm On Nov 22, 2016
DaVinChiSam:
Go for tutorials, write ssce... good to go...

My Dad wrote his ssce at 30 already married and had us...

Is he igbo?
Re: Can I Further My Secondary School Education At Age 24? by Mustiboy(m): 4:22pm On Nov 22, 2016
utibense:
I droped out of secondary sch.after I failed my SS1 3rd term exam, this hapened because I lost my dad so there was no one to pay my sch fees n provide my needs I was not allowed to write some papers because I didn't pay my fee, dat was how I failed d exam dat was supose to promote me to SS2, I was forced by circumstance to leave school. And since den I've bn working in some hotels trying to survive
Now I want to further my education but don't know how to go abt it since I didn't even reach SS3
bro, just go for a primary school teaching job. with that, you should have time in the evenings, then just enroll yourself in an evening lesson or tutorial. register for waec and you shall pass Ijn
Re: Can I Further My Secondary School Education At Age 24? by Sanchez01: 4:25pm On Nov 22, 2016
Akbaba3310:
Bro, with the way you typed your post and the structure of your post, forget Secondary School. Go and get past question and register for GCE. 24 is just a number. Wishing you all the very best as you proceed. cool
Don't mislead him. English is one thing, academics is another. It is imperative he brushes his memory and also learn more since he didn't see Senior Secondary School out.

Tutorials would be the best, just as most people suggested.
Re: Can I Further My Secondary School Education At Age 24? by femi4: 4:27pm On Nov 22, 2016
AfribaryChika:
I can take you on arts courses!
can you take me on Biology?
Re: Can I Further My Secondary School Education At Age 24? by stpat1(m): 4:34pm On Nov 22, 2016
nwasinachi:
You can go for private tutorials and prepare for waec
Re: Can I Further My Secondary School Education At Age 24? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Nov 22, 2016
Find a study partner to help your motivation
Re: Can I Further My Secondary School Education At Age 24? by GMbuharii: 4:38pm On Nov 22, 2016
utibense:
if you love urself,you better go back to school. U are more matured and intelligent now,ur brain can grasp more now. Go back asap.
Re: Can I Further My Secondary School Education At Age 24? by cuteme88(f): 4:38pm On Nov 22, 2016
u can till go back to school. During my service year there was this very mature business man that started ss1 in the college i served back then. he is close to 30 yrs and a business man. When we ask the man why he choose to start from ss1 his answer was that he wants to experience the fun of been in school!! u know all this Igbo Men no dey take last for risks. i salute unaaaa. would have post the pix for u to see and believe but i no want some people to know who i am sha. no vex.

On the other hand u can register for private lesson or evening classes then there after sit for your SSCE exams.

Which ever way u choose to follow is not bad at all. what matters most is your success.
I wish u the very best****
Re: Can I Further My Secondary School Education At Age 24? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Nov 22, 2016
Nukualofa:
You are 21 and you come here to pollute threads for your Egbons

I will report to the authorities about the unauthorized used of my picture by you as meme just because of political differences. You are committing a great crime of identity theft. You think you're safe behind your phone right? Ever heard of IP address tracking?

This is not a threat, but a step in the right direction before u derail my personality further. A word is enough for the wise
Re: Can I Further My Secondary School Education At Age 24? by KoloProfeso: 4:47pm On Nov 22, 2016
utibense:
Thanks a lot for your contributions, It helped. Now I'm thinking about how to manage my work and school, my current job doesn't give me much time so I'm thinking of how to get a job that is day on- a day off.

You may try studying at night, if that works well with you. But please, give it a serious thought before quitting the job.... I know you might still be able to cope with the job and study.

Best of luck guy.
Re: Can I Further My Secondary School Education At Age 24? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Nov 22, 2016
DICKtator:

Damn!!

You are really ugly

Gimme your number and let me say it to your ear.

Please!!

grin grin grin grin

Hahahahaha choi. You people aff invent new style to collect numbers ba.

You aff failed. grin
Re: Can I Further My Secondary School Education At Age 24? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Nov 22, 2016
Haute:

How do you know about Khan academy?

Because I am into programing.
Re: Can I Further My Secondary School Education At Age 24? by Pylony(m): 4:54pm On Nov 22, 2016
Believe me it will not be easy mixing work and your study, but if you can balance the two side by side were non get to suffer, go for tutorial classes , besides nothing Good ever comes easy in life.
Re: Can I Further My Secondary School Education At Age 24? by chiefojiji(m): 4:55pm On Nov 22, 2016
go for GCE / waec tutorials. if you know what you're doing, you'll clear your O'level.
Re: Can I Further My Secondary School Education At Age 24? by gabe: 4:56pm On Nov 22, 2016
Absolutely, yes. Of course since u r older, one expects u will be more focused and make ur SSCE /NECO at a single sitting. Don't allow small children distract u o. Always do extra. Eg if u are taught a maths topic in class, go to your maths textbook and solve ALL the exercises relating to that topic. Same for other science subjects esp further maths,physics and chemistry. Read everyday. The path is not as long as u think it is...
Re: Can I Further My Secondary School Education At Age 24? by Originalsly: 4:56pm On Nov 22, 2016
slimthugchimee2:
when did i say that i am? undecided
So people without Primary education are on Nairaland?.... I'm not surprised. From this your writing ... you must be a primary school dropout. @topic... Op... you don't have to put on uniform and return to the classroom. You can decide what level of exams you want to take and gear your self via the internet. When you feel ready then you can go to private tutorials for final preparation.
Re: Can I Further My Secondary School Education At Age 24? by jozee8: 4:57pm On Nov 22, 2016
utibense:
You were even able to pass across your message clearly more than some of 'our' now a days grad. just enroll for lesson and write SSCE. my 1 cent.
Re: Can I Further My Secondary School Education At Age 24? by jinxet2000: 4:57pm On Nov 22, 2016
Some people always give reason that their parents died and could not go back to school. What a nonsense reason. Bro, I am not directing to you sha, but you can take my advise. Never ever have a reason for not doing the right because time waits for no one. I believe you heard about people without parents that went to school and some that had to do menial jobs to sponsor themselves in school. Even now, some Nigerians schooling in the UK also have to do other jobs to pay their school fees. Please please, you can ask us if you can still go back to school but not to tell us you dropped out when your parent died. Afterall, your performance was poor and you failed SS1. It shows you were not serious about education now you want to go. Be serious for one thing. Either education or business. Be inclined in one. Some dropped out and became great businessmen and women. I just hope you are a businessyoungman. If not, na flogging, common go back to school.
Re: Can I Further My Secondary School Education At Age 24? by Henrolla(m): 5:11pm On Nov 22, 2016
utibense:
wat u need is not jes going to school but preparing for O'level exams. like they've rightly said, u should consider evening or weekend classes to prepare u for that. in a couple of months u'll b good 2 go if u put in the required effort

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Cruelty Of Most School Owners / Nigerians On Jonathan Govt Scholarship Abandoned Abroad, Resort To Menial Jobs / Mathematics Challenge: 50% Will Fail This!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.