Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,228 members, 7,829,393 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:00 AM

Can I Further My Secondary School Education At Age 24? - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can I Further My Secondary School Education At Age 24? (23545 Views)

The Menace Of Boarding Houses For Secondary School Education. / Nkechi Chidi-Ogbolu Bags PHD Scholarship At University Of California At Age 18 / Azubuike Ezenwoke Appointed As Registrar In Landmark University At Age Of 32 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Further My Secondary School Education At Age 24? by Elinob(m): 11:40am On Nov 23, 2016
Yes is possible if u wish
Re: Can I Further My Secondary School Education At Age 24? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Nov 23, 2016
Sugarhugs:

Yes, definitely, I'm very artistic.

Then you'll be very good at designing visually appealing web pages. Have you built many sites till date, or are you just getting off the mark?
Re: Can I Further My Secondary School Education At Age 24? by GMbuharii: 12:16pm On Nov 23, 2016
PhonePlanet:

actually the younger you are the more you learn. your learning abilities only rise from age 1 - 4, and from then onward drops as you age.
you could be right,buh then again,it depends on individuals. I had problem with mathematics in school bug i realised that with time,i became a don even after not studied it for some period.

1 Like

Re: Can I Further My Secondary School Education At Age 24? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Nov 23, 2016
Haute:

Then you'll be very good at designing visually appealing web pages.
[quote author=Haute post=51296995]
Have you built many sites till date, or are you just getting off the mark?

Many or any?
Re: Can I Further My Secondary School Education At Age 24? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Nov 23, 2016
truthsayer007:

Oh I see, goes in line with my assumptions.

It's very hard to move straight to Federal or State Uni the next yr after GCE without issues, only possible thru a private Uni. And then ur parent can afford it too.

So your social life was zero, all throughout school right? bcuz thats the only way a 1st class is achievable.

LoL nope. I have many friends and I go out to have fun most times.

You just have to keep up with your schedules.

I research a lot online about my course and read ahead the scheme on top what I learnt in class. When I'm in class I listen keenly to every details.
Re: Can I Further My Secondary School Education At Age 24? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Nov 23, 2016
Haute:

Then you'll be very good at designing visually appealing web pages. Have you built many sites till date, or are you just getting off the mark?

Just starting o
Re: Can I Further My Secondary School Education At Age 24? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Nov 23, 2016
AdexHo:

If you good enough

I have an offer for you

I don't have the time for now o. Sorry thanks for the offer anyway.
Re: Can I Further My Secondary School Education At Age 24? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Nov 23, 2016
Sugarhugs:

I don't have the time for now o. Sorry thanks for the offer anyway.

You welcome

It's never too late tho
You can contact me anytime 09051552798
Re: Can I Further My Secondary School Education At Age 24? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Nov 23, 2016
Sugarhugs:

Just starting o

Okay. Have you learnt OOP yet?
Re: Can I Further My Secondary School Education At Age 24? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Nov 23, 2016
Sugarhugs:

LoL nope. I have many friends and I go out to have fun most times.

You just have to keep up with your schedules.

I research a lot online about my course and read ahead the scheme on top what I learnt in class. When I'm in class I listen keenly to every details.

Okay sha, i guess thats the beauty of a private Uni, if you do your own part, everything works. No missing papers, no sexual harassment.

In a school like LASU, even if u like read like Mad dog, na 2.1 you go still come out with. That is if you don't even repeat a year !
Re: Can I Further My Secondary School Education At Age 24? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Nov 23, 2016
truthsayer007:

Okay sha, i guess thats the beauty of a private Uni, if you do your own part, everything works. No missing papers, no sexual harassment.

In a school like LASU, even if u like read like Mad dog, na 2.1 you go still come out with. That is if you don't even repeat a year !

LoL, Yes. The advantage in private uni is there is no sexual harassment from lectures.

Chai. Lasu lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Can I Further My Secondary School Education At Age 24? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Nov 23, 2016
AdexHo:

You welcome

It's never too late tho
You can contact me anytime 09051552798

Ok, I will keep that in mind.

1 Like

Re: Can I Further My Secondary School Education At Age 24? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Nov 23, 2016
Haute:

Okay. Have you learnt OOP yet?

Nope. Never heard of it before. Lol
Re: Can I Further My Secondary School Education At Age 24? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Nov 23, 2016
Sugarhugs:

Nope. Never heard of it before. Lol

Lol...it's Object Oriented Programming. It's the benchmark in programming these days. Don't worry, you'll encounter it soon enough....as long as you're learning with recent materials/resources. So let's say you want to build your first website...what kind of website would it be?
Re: Can I Further My Secondary School Education At Age 24? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Nov 23, 2016
Haute:

Lol...it's Object Oriented Programming. It's the benchmark in programming these days. Don't worry, you'll encounter it soon enough....as long as you're learning with recent materials/resources. So let's say you want to build your first website...what kind of website would it be?

Just a normal website that would be extremely beautiful that I would use for blogging.

Tell me more about this OOP
Re: Can I Further My Secondary School Education At Age 24? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Nov 23, 2016
Sugarhugs:

Just a normal website that would be extremely beautiful that I would use for blogging.

Tell me more about this OOP

Lol...I'm not a programmer. Just took it up as a hobby - just like you.

OOP can be tricky to understand, but when you get the hang of it, you'll work wonders.

So in OOP, everything is viewed as an object. For instance, we're humans - you and I. So we can be said to objects of the class "humans". And being humans, we have attributes/properties like complexion, gender, height, et cetera. We also perform functions (otherwise known as methods in OOP) like bathing, eating, walking etc.

Basically in OOP, you create/instantiate an object and then define it's class, attributes, and methods. This method makes it easy to reuse code since you'd only have to change some values everytime you instantiate an object from an already defined class. For example, If I wanted to create two objects to represent us...we'd both fall under the class humans, probably have varied attributes (since you're female and I'm male) and have similars methods/functions. If I want to create more humans they'll be no need for a new class. I'll just define the new human by changing attributes.
Lol...been a while since the last time I programmed. Hope I've not confused you more? Lol...there's a lot more to it though....polymorphism, encapsulation etc.

But on a serious note....keep it up. The little programming I know has put me before top-top government people in the past...I even worked on projects that were meant for the real pros...lol...don't worry, I'll help motivate you.
Re: Can I Further My Secondary School Education At Age 24? by Nobody: 11:25pm On Nov 23, 2016
Haute:

Lol...I'm not a programmer. Just took it up as a hobby - just like you.

OOP can be tricky to understand, but when you get the hang of it, you'll work wonders.

So in OOP, everything is viewed as an object. For instance, we're humans - you and I. So we can be said to objects of the class "humans". And being humans, we have attributes/properties like complexion, gender, height, et cetera. We also perform functions (otherwise known as methods in OOP) like bathing, eating, walking etc.

Basically in OOP, you create/instantiate an object and then define it's class, attributes, and methods. This method makes it easy to reuse code since you'd only have to change some values everytime you instantiate an object from an already defined class. For example, If I wanted to create two objects to represent us...we'd both fall under the class humans, probably have varied attributes (since you're female and I'm male) and have similars methods/functions. If I want to create more humans they'll be no need for a new class. I'll just define the new human by changing attributes.
Lol...been a while since the last time I programmed. Hope I've not confused you more? Lol...there's a lot more to it though....polymorphism, encapsulation etc.

But on a serious note....keep it up. The little programming I know has put me before top-top government people in the past...I even worked on projects that were meant for the real pros...lol...don't worry, I'll help motivate you.

Like I said. I just want to create websites. So I don't see the need for OOP.
Re: Can I Further My Secondary School Education At Age 24? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Nov 23, 2016
Sugarhugs:

Like I said. I just want to create websites. So I don't see the need for OOP.

If you want to create highly dynamic websites, you need serious PHP and if you need serious PHP you need OOP. Nevermind. Rid your mind of anything OOP for now...let it find you.

For the blog you mentioned...have you looked into wordpress?
Re: Can I Further My Secondary School Education At Age 24? by Nobody: 7:00am On Nov 24, 2016
Haute:

If you want to create highly dynamic websites, you need serious PHP and if you need serious PHP you need OOP. Nevermind. Rid your mind of anything OOP for now...let it find you.

For the blog you mentioned...have you looked into wordpress?

WordPress?

Ew.

I want a high class shit.

I know what I want to do.
Re: Can I Further My Secondary School Education At Age 24? by Nobody: 8:53am On Nov 24, 2016
Sugarhugs:

WordPress?
Ew.
I want a high class shit.
I know what I want to do.
I know you do. smiley
I like your mentality.
What are you studying?
Re: Can I Further My Secondary School Education At Age 24? by Nobody: 9:24am On Nov 24, 2016
Sugarhugs:

LoL, Yes. The advantage in private uni is there is no sexual harassment from lectures.

Chai. Lasu lipsrsealed

Who tell u

You really need to come to my school den...

#YOLO
Re: Can I Further My Secondary School Education At Age 24? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Nov 24, 2016
Haute:

I know you do. smiley

I like your mentality.

What are you studying?

If you're talking about uni, I already graduated
Re: Can I Further My Secondary School Education At Age 24? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Nov 24, 2016
Sugarhugs:

If you're talking about uni, I already graduated
That's cool. So did you read an IT-related course?
Re: Can I Further My Secondary School Education At Age 24? by Nukualofa: 10:04am On Nov 25, 2016
patriotic9jaboy:

I will report to the authorities about the unauthorized used of my picture by you as meme just because of political differences. You are committing a great crime of identity theft. You think you're safe behind your phone right? Ever heard of IP address tracking?

This is not a threat, but a step in the right direction before u derail my personality further. A word is enough for the wise
Boy I'm still waiting for you. I've screenshot your threat and I'm posting it on twitter. I will cc @renoomokri to see the person that asked Dss to arrest him for airing his view.

I won't give you peace and i wont let you rest

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Help A Nairalander Explain This Exam Question To Be Faced In Two Days Time. / Crash: OOU Students Block Sagamu-ore Highway, Curse Driver / 9 Same Yoruba Words But Different Meanings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.