Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,550 members, 7,837,106 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

Will Jesus Ever Come Back? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will Jesus Ever Come Back? (2056 Views)

Was Jesus Ever Sick? (Oyedepo's Blunder) / Will Jesus Ever Come? / Have Any Of Your Dreams Ever Come To Reality? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Jesus Ever Come Back? by meine: 9:42am On Nov 03, 2009
Will Jesus ever come back?

A 67 year old man told a young pastor preaching in a bus recently that "the phrase Jesus is coming soon is just a strategy to make christians behave themselves and that he has been hearing about the end of the world since the 1960's,"

That has got me thinking, whats your take on this?
Re: Will Jesus Ever Come Back? by Abuzola(m): 10:00am On Nov 03, 2009
smiley
Re: Will Jesus Ever Come Back? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 9:27pm On Nov 03, 2009
[size=13pt]Jesus will never come back again. . . .He's death and gone forever.[/size]
Re: Will Jesus Ever Come Back? by manmustwac(m): 11:14pm On Nov 03, 2009
@meine
He's gone for good for eternity get over it
Re: Will Jesus Ever Come Back? by IDINRETE: 12:21am On Nov 04, 2009
come back what for? his bones are in the Talpiot tombs,
Re: Will Jesus Ever Come Back? by kolaxy(m): 12:41am On Nov 04, 2009
"Brothers, we do not want you to be ignorant about those who fall asleep, or to grieve like the rest of men, who have no hope. We believe that Jesus died and rose again and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. According to the Lord's own word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left till the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. Therefore encourage each other with these words." (1 Thess. 4:13-18).

JESUS IS COMING BACK, WATCH AND PRAY

http://www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/w/i/willjesu.htm
Re: Will Jesus Ever Come Back? by Fhemmmy: 4:42am On Nov 04, 2009
yes, he will and all eyes will see him
Re: Will Jesus Ever Come Back? by Abuzola(m): 8:28am On Nov 04, 2009
True talk
Re: Will Jesus Ever Come Back? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 10:23am On Nov 04, 2009
[size=13pt]Mr Abuzola. . what do you mean by true talk here. . . . . .[/size]
Re: Will Jesus Ever Come Back? by modupe01: 2:01pm On Nov 04, 2009
meine:

Will Jesus ever come back?

A 67 year old man told a young pastor preaching in a bus recently that "the phrase Jesus is coming soon is just a strategy to make christians behave themselves and that he has been hearing about the end of the world since the 1960's,"

That has got me thinking, whats your take on this?

"Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation. For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water, perished." -- 2 Peter 3:3-6

These verses shows how fresher the word of God is than tomorrow's newspaper! See how it fulfills how peeps on this thread fit in to this prophecy. It also shows a common false assumption that many people make when they assume the earth today is the same as it has always been. Today's earth is 70% under water.

There are scriptural and scientific indications that the pre-flood world had greater air pressure, higher % of O2 and CO2, much more land above see level, less water on the earth's surface and a canopy of water to filter out the harmful effects of the sun.

Men will scoff and say that there was no such thing as the flood of Noah and that these signs have always been around. Their motivation for hating the truth will be their love of lust (2 Peter 2:1-7). The Scriptures tell us that they make one big mistake. Their understanding of God is erroneous. They think in their ignorance that God's continued silence means that He doesn't see their sins. In truth, He is merely holding back His wrath, waiting for them to repent and escape the damnation of hell.

Jesus warned that the sign to look for was the repossession of Jerusalem by the Jews. That happened in 1967, after 2,000 years, bringing into culmination all the signs of the times. Are you ready for His coming?
Re: Will Jesus Ever Come Back? by Nezan(m): 2:31pm On Nov 04, 2009
"[size=28pt]Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation. For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water, perished." -- 2 Peter 3:3-6[/size]

[size=18pt]How fresh that prophecy sounds . . . . thank you brother, for posting that prophecy of Apostle Peter.[/size]
Re: Will Jesus Ever Come Back? by Abuzola(m): 3:34pm On Nov 04, 2009
'A party of the people of the scripture (jews and christian) wish to lead you astray, but they shall not lead astray anyone except themselves and they perceive not' Quran 3:69
Re: Will Jesus Ever Come Back? by alex0026(m): 4:55pm On Nov 04, 2009
Hello fhemmmy,nice to meet you i'm alex
Re: Will Jesus Ever Come Back? by alex0026(m): 4:59pm On Nov 04, 2009
listen fellow earthly being,are you waiting to see a physical jesus that died two thousand years ago,what of your great grand father don't you want to see him or is he a historical sinner?
Re: Will Jesus Ever Come Back? by Nezan(m): 5:10pm On Nov 04, 2009
Abuzola:

'A party of the people of the scripture (jews and christian) wish to lead you astray, but they shall not lead astray anyone except themselves and they perceive not' Quran 3:69
. . . errrrr mujahideen, who is leading you astray?
Re: Will Jesus Ever Come Back? by Nezan(m): 5:12pm On Nov 04, 2009
alex0026:

listen fellow earthly being,are you waiting to see a physical jesus that died two thousand years ago,what of your great grand father don't you want to see him or is he a historical sinner?
. . . and what concerns atheists with Christians waiting for the day their will be joined together with their Lord?
Re: Will Jesus Ever Come Back? by alex0026(m): 5:20pm On Nov 04, 2009
Listen ,Gani is physically gone but what he stood and fought for----justice,truth,equal right,transparency,etc will never die in the mind of his followers.
Re: Will Jesus Ever Come Back? by Fhemmmy: 9:50pm On Nov 04, 2009
alex0026:

Listen ,Gani is physically gone but what he stood and fought for----justice,truth,equal right,transparency,etc will never die in the mind of his followers.

ummmmmmmmm
Re: Will Jesus Ever Come Back? by MrCrackles(m): 9:54pm On Nov 04, 2009
Jesus aint coming back. .
Re: Will Jesus Ever Come Back? by Fhemmmy: 10:28pm On Nov 04, 2009
MrCrackles:

Jesus aint coming back. .

this postings will stand as evidence against yu that we told you, he will come back.
Re: Will Jesus Ever Come Back? by Marlbron: 11:31am On Nov 05, 2009
I will be surprised if he has not yet come. He said this generation shall not pass away before all these things are fulfilled. We are now 2009 years after that statement. If he has not come, then either the Bible is wrong, or he he is lying. I 'll wager he is here with us, though may not answer Jesus.
Re: Will Jesus Ever Come Back? by Easypizzy(f): 12:49pm On Nov 05, 2009
He is coming,
Re: Will Jesus Ever Come Back? by modupe01: 1:41pm On Nov 05, 2009
Marlbron:

I will be surprised if he has not yet come. He said this generation shall not pass away before all these things are fulfilled. We are now 2009 years after that statement. If he has not come, then either the Bible is wrong, or he he is lying. I 'll wager he is here with us, though may not answer Jesus.

"Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom". -- Matthew 16:28

This literally happened in the verses below.  About 8 days that Jesus prophesied his transfiguration.  It happened in the presence of three disciples.  That they would see Him as He would be in the Kingdom of God.

"And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart, And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light." -- Matthew 17:1-2

Read what Apostle Peter had to say afterwards about this experience on the mount of transfiguration.

"For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of His majesty.  For He received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to Him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleasedAnd this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with Him in the holy mount." -- 2 Peter 1:16-18

Apostle Peter was here declaring that he and other two disciples heard God's voice and saw the glory of God and the appearance of Moses and Elijah, that is, the transfiguration that Jesus had earlier predicted would happen, which was an actual demonstration of Christ coming in His glory to earth to set up His Kingdom.  (see 16:27-28; 17:1-8; 24:29-31; 25:31-46; Rev.19:11-21).
Re: Will Jesus Ever Come Back? by Marlbron: 8:41am On Nov 06, 2009
modupe01:

"Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom". -- Matthew 16:28

This literally happened in the verses below.  About 8 days that Jesus prophesied his transfiguration.  It happened in the presence of three disciples.  That they would see Him as He would be in the Kingdom of God.

"And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart, And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light." -- Matthew 17:1-2

Read what Apostle Peter had to say afterwards about this experience on the mount of transfiguration.

"For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of His majesty.  For He received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to Him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleasedAnd this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with Him in the holy mount." -- 2 Peter 1:16-18

Apostle Peter was here declaring that he and other two disciples heard God's voice and saw the glory of God and the appearance of Moses and Elijah, that is, the transfiguration that Jesus had earlier predicted would happen, which was an actual demonstration of Christ coming in His glory to earth to set up His Kingdom.  (see 16:27-28; 17:1-8; 24:29-31; 25:31-46; Rev.19:11-21).

I am familiar with the verse above and you are correct, he showed them his glory in the kingdom in a vision after 6 days. But his 2nd coming is what we are talking about here, see the topic.
Re: Will Jesus Ever Come Back? by modupe01: 11:11am On Nov 06, 2009
Marlbron:

I am familiar with the verse above and you are correct, he showed them his glory in the kingdom in a vision after 6 days. But his 2nd coming is what we are talking about here, see the topic.

Many skeptics have miscontrued what Jesus said in Matt. 16:28 to mean that He was talking of his second coming but my point is that what He predicted was the demonstration of His second coming as was revealed in the transfiguration about 8 days after, and that Peter, James and John were the ones He was referring to as being eyewitnessess to this event.
Re: Will Jesus Ever Come Back? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:03am On Nov 07, 2009
[size=13pt]The resurrection is a common theme found in numerous completely different religions throughout the world, symbolic of a descent to the underworld and a later return. Ishtar's/Inanna's descent and return (she was resurrected from the dead), Osiris, Siva's death and resurrection, Persephone's descent into the underworld and return, the list goes on and on and is based a concept, not actual characters. [/size]
Re: Will Jesus Ever Come Back? by Abuzola(m): 10:35am On Nov 07, 2009
'The messiah (jesus), son of mary was no more than a messenger, many were the messengers that passed away before him. His mother (Mary) was truthful believer. They both use to eat food (as any other human being, while God does not eat). Look how we make the revealation clear to them, yet look how they are deluded away from the truth' Quran 5:75
Re: Will Jesus Ever Come Back? by Horus(m): 11:47am On Nov 07, 2009
Stop waiting for a Jesus. Did you notice that religious people talk only about the future?. They say: Jesus will come back (future). This is just hope in the future. The fuel for miserable people is hope. Foreseeing happiness sometime in the future, makes one miserable right now. Having desire for some pleasure in the future, either in the world or in heaven, one misses the boat.
Re: Will Jesus Ever Come Back? by Yisraylite(m): 3:27pm On Nov 07, 2009
Ea Zeus Christos ( son of Zeus the anionted one) a.k.a Jesus christ (blonde hair,blue eyed white guy)the mythological character created by the Greco -Roman vatican and the Mother church can't come back cos he never left. Don't you see his statues and pictures everywhere? People, mythology ain't real!!!! cool cool cool
Re: Will Jesus Ever Come Back? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:40pm On Nov 07, 2009
[size=13pt]Jesus is death . dont be decieve he was resurreted and thinking he's coming back to take you home just like you are taught . Jesus is not coming back , you better start organising your own path of history . . .Jesus time is off , my time is now. . .our time is now.[/size]
Re: Will Jesus Ever Come Back? by folami86: 3:43pm On Nov 07, 2009
meine

read isaiah chapter eleven verses one to sixteen
Re: Will Jesus Ever Come Back? by Yisraylite(m): 4:10pm On Nov 07, 2009
@  folami86

Don't get it twisted Isaiah 11 has absolutely nothing to do with your Greco -Roman catholic fabricated  man  Made God Jesus(Ea-Zeus) This was spoken of King David

1Ch 28:4   "However YAHAWAH The Father of Yisrayl chose me (Dawad) above all the house of my father to be king over Yisrayl forever,

Do you understand the meaning of FOREVER!!!

Micahyah 5:2 "But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, Though you are little among the thousands of Yahadah, Yet out of you shall come forth to Me The One to be Ruler in Yisrayl,
Whose coming is proclaimed from of old, from ancient times."(Gen 49:1, Num 24:17, Riyyah 4:11-22, 1Sa 17:12)

1 Sam 16:1 Then YAHAWAH said to Samuyl, "How long will you mourn for Shaul, seeing I have rejected him from being king over Yisrayl? Fill your horn with oil, and go; I am sending you to Yishai of Bethlehem. For I have provided Myself a king from among his sons."

Isa 11:1   There shall come forth a Rod from the stem of Yishai and a Branch shall grow out of his roots.

1Sa 17:12  Now Dawad was the son of that Ephrathite of Bethlehem Yahadah ( see Micah 5: 2 ), whose name was Yishai; and he had eight sons: and the man went among men for an old man in the days of Shaul.

1Sa 16:10   Thus Yishai made seven of his sons pass before Samuyl. And Samuyl said to Yishai, " YAHAWAH  has not chosen these."

1Sa 16:11   And Samuyl said to Yishai, "Are all the young men here?" Then he said, "There remains yet the youngest, and there he is, keeping the sheep." And Samuyl said to Yishai, "Send and bring him. For we will not sit down till he comes here."

1Sa 16:12   So he sent and brought him in. Now he was ruddy, with bright eyes, and good-looking. And YAHAWAH said, "ARISE,  ANOINT HIM; FOR THIS IS THE ONE!"

Isa 11:2   The Spirit of YAHAWAH shall rest upon Him, The Spirit of wisdom and understanding, The Spirit of counsel and might, The Spirit of knowledge and of the Reverence of YAHAWAH.

1Sa 16:13   Then Samuyl took the horn of oil and anointed him in the midst of his brothers; and the Spirit of  YAHAWAH came upon Dawad from that day forward. So Samuyl arose and went to Ramah.

Psa 45:7 You too have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore, YAHAWAH your Father has anointed you with the oil of gladness over your fellow men.

Psa 89:19 Then You spoke in a vision to Your holy one, And said: "I have imparted strength to a youth and not to a warrior. I have exalted a young man above the people.

Psa 89:20   I HAVE FOUND MY SERVANT DAWAD(David The BRANCH of Yishai – see Isa 11:1); With MY HOLY OIL I HAVE ANOINTED HIM,

Hos 3:5   Afterward the children of Yisrayl shall return and seek YAHAWAH  their FATHER and Dawad their king. And will Reverence YAHAWAH and His Righteousness in the latter days.

Yer(Jeremiah) 30:9   But they shall serve YAHAWAH their Father, and Dawad their king, WHOM I WILL RAISE UP FOR THEM

Your Greek Man God Jesus (Ea-Zeus) has nothing to do with the Law & the Prophets(the Torah)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Spirit-to-spirit Communication – Pastor Chris / The Infallibility Of The Christian Church - A Simple Approach / Speaking In Tongues: Is It A Mere Religious Exercise??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.