Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,609 members, 7,816,509 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

Dame Shirley Bassey is Nigerian!!! - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Dame Shirley Bassey is Nigerian!!! (7286 Views)

Olajumoke Stuns As The Face Of Shirley Confectionery / Olajumoke Meets The Owners Of Shirley Confectionery, Abuja (Photos) / Ummmmmmm! Sandra Bassey Is The Most Beautiful Model In Nigeria International (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dame Shirley Bassey is Nigerian!!! by Easyy(m): 9:04pm On Jan 07, 2007
osmanbello:

FACT The law did not change for UK nationals.

That's true
Re: Dame Shirley Bassey is Nigerian!!! by mamaput(f): 9:04pm On Jan 07, 2007
Only if one of your parents have a right of stay.
Not if you are illegal or Asly
Re: Dame Shirley Bassey is Nigerian!!! by Eurphoria(f): 9:05pm On Jan 07, 2007
yes it did not change for a national duh? infact why are we still talking about this ? this thread is gone now.
Re: Dame Shirley Bassey is Nigerian!!! by Easyy(m): 9:12pm On Jan 07, 2007
mamaput:

Only if one of your parents have a right of stay.
Not if you are illegal or Asly

I dont know about illegality. When I make submissions, I make them based on legit circumstances. Sorry, I never considered it with respect to a case of any illegal persons.
Re: Dame Shirley Bassey is Nigerian!!! by Eurphoria(f): 9:14pm On Jan 07, 2007
mamaput see? sometimes it pays for ppl to read your post first
Re: Dame Shirley Bassey is Nigerian!!! by Easyy(m): 9:18pm On Jan 07, 2007
I dont deal with illegalities so it doesn't come naturally to me to be discussing illegalities.
Re: Dame Shirley Bassey is Nigerian!!! by mamaput(f): 9:19pm On Jan 07, 2007
Re: Dame Shirley Bassey is Nigerian!!! by osmanbello(m): 9:20pm On Jan 07, 2007
Thank you Easyy , its nice to know that you have a education and understand the law in the uk .

Eurphoria:

Osman
what education do you have please, lol and tell me also what you have acheived in your pathetic life mister? cmon looks like you are on the way to becoming a post LovePeddler. you know what ? people like you know all they know from the internet. Stay in your mud hut you frigging wretched pauper on your borrowed computer, no don't trade insults with me mister just give me a shout when you are in England and i will see if i can employ you, because you will need a job------------------------as a cleaner

What a pathetic woman you really are , you have been proven to be a person of little education who then throws insults around like a stupid child.

I have been on this forum longer than you but choose to read and diguest rather than post the mindless drivel that spouts from every word you type ,

Yes , im in England , YES i studied LAW , and have a degree (why dont you you up "members of the bar"wink lets see what you can than come up with
Re: Dame Shirley Bassey is Nigerian!!! by Eurphoria(f): 9:22pm On Jan 07, 2007
has you nose stopped growing yet?------------**yawns *** from picking fights with Thief of hearts to me, wow hope your ejaculation was sweet fuk off. wretched runt. Law my ass pls talk to some one who actually cares BYE
Re: Dame Shirley Bassey is Nigerian!!! by Easyy(m): 9:24pm On Jan 07, 2007
mamaput:

http://www.ilex.org.uk/uploaded/examiner_reports/Immigration%20Law.pdf

This doesn't state anywhere that you dont acquire citizenship by birth if your parents are illegal, or am I missing a trick?
Re: Dame Shirley Bassey is Nigerian!!! by osmanbello(m): 9:30pm On Jan 07, 2007
mamaput:

http://www.ilex.org.uk/uploaded/examiner_reports/Immigration%20Law.pdf
, .

Many thanks :Once again facts, they are their if you have knowledge to understand them.

To the others whom like to insult, I suggest you get back to the kitchen where house girls should stay without being heard .
Re: Dame Shirley Bassey is Nigerian!!! by Easyy(m): 9:33pm On Jan 07, 2007
osmanbello:

, .

Many thanks :Once again facts, they are their if you have knowledge to understand them.

To the others whom like to insult, I suggest you get back to the kitchen where house girls should stay without being heard .

he he he
Re: Dame Shirley Bassey is Nigerian!!! by Eurphoria(f): 9:36pm On Jan 07, 2007
ah! finally, you see now you got that out your system lmao, see you throw insults just like the rest of us,  wink well all i can say is i wish i cared, --------because like they say sticks and stones, honey its like water off a duck's back with me. Stay safe in your mud house sunshine,  and keep talkiing in the 3rd person or find some one who cares. YOu entertained me plenty now i say bye bye  and don't forget to clean yourself up, that stain on your shorts ----bad look **raises an eyebrow***
Re: Dame Shirley Bassey is Nigerian!!! by osmanbello(m): 9:48pm On Jan 07, 2007
That it , theres a good little girl , run away and sulk.

Re: Dame Shirley Bassey is Nigerian!!! by Eurphoria(f): 9:55pm On Jan 07, 2007
like i said you know all you know from the net grin your picture post proves this.

Well i like this pic very much infact that is the position i assume when i am in the trawls of heavy passion with my other half. I Love being spanked, so if you think posting such a pic will rile up a feminist chant in me-------WRONG grin to my man i know my place i am old fashioned in certain things and yes mo spanking pls , even better with a damp cane----- although i am wasting my breath with a dipstik like yourself, ''that woman know your place'' is all good becos we do and thats why we hold so much over you.
Re: Dame Shirley Bassey is Nigerian!!! by mamaput(f): 9:56pm On Jan 07, 2007
http://www.gherson.com/keyarticle/121/Nationality/

UPDATED: 11 May 2005
Acquiring British Citizenship By Birth in the United Kingdom
Children born in the United Kingdom will not automatically acquire British citizenship by virtue of their birth in the United Kingdom if neither of their parents are British citizens or settled in the United Kingdom at the time of their birth(1).

Children born in the UK will only be British citizens if at the time of their birth, one of their parents is a British citizen or is settled in the UK. As the law currently stands(2) , a child born to parents who are married at their time of their birth or subsequently marry may trace their entitlement to British citizenship through either parent. If the parents are not married at the time of the child’s birth or subsequently marry, the child will only acquire British citizenship if his or her mother is a British citizen or settled in the United Kingdom(3).

A child born in the United Kingdom may apply to be registered as a British citizen if after their birth, either of their parents becomes a British citizen or settled in the UK whilst the child is still a minor .

If neither parent is a British citizen or is settled in the UK, after the age of 10, a person born in the UK may register as a British citizen if he or she has not been out of the country for more than 90 days in each of the first ten years of his or her life(4).

________________________________________________________________________________

(1). Which would mean that they must have Indefinite Leave to Remain, commonly known as permanent residence.
(2). Section 9 of the Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Act 2002 abolished the distinction between legitimate and illegitimate children and provides that a father can pass his British citizenship onto his children even when he is not married to the child’s mother. However, this section of the Act is not yet in force and so as it currently stands, where the parents are not married, a child born in the UK will not automatically acquire British citizenship through their father, but you may in certain circumstances apply to register the child as a British citizen.
(3). In this circumstance you can apply to register a child as a British citizen.
(4). A minor for the purpose of nationality law is a person who is under the age of 18.

Back to Nationality list. © Gherson & Co - Est. 1988 - Do not reproduce without permission
Re: Dame Shirley Bassey is Nigerian!!! by Easyy(m): 10:03pm On Jan 07, 2007
Thanks Mamaput.

As I stated, my remarks were with regards to a normal situation of legality.

Cheers anyway grin
Re: Dame Shirley Bassey is Nigerian!!! by osmanbello(m): 10:07pm On Jan 07, 2007
mamaput:

http://www.gherson.com/keyarticle/121/Nationality/

UPDATED: 11 May 2005
Acquiring British Citizenship By Birth in the United Kingdom
Children born in the United Kingdom will not automatically acquire British citizenship by virtue of their birth in the United Kingdom if neither of their parents are British citizens or settled in the United Kingdom at the time of their birth(1).

Children born in the UK will only be British citizens if at the time of their birth, one of their parents is a British citizen or is settled in the UK. As the law currently stands(2) , a child born to parents who are married at their time of their birth or subsequently marry may trace their entitlement to British citizenship through either parent. If the parents are not married at the time of the child’s birth or subsequently marry, the child will only acquire British citizenship if his or her mother is a British citizen or settled in the United Kingdom(3).

A child born in the United Kingdom may apply to be registered as a British citizen if after their birth, either of their parents becomes a British citizen or settled in the UK whilst the child is still a minor .

If neither parent is a British citizen or is settled in the UK, after the age of 10, a person born in the UK may register as a British citizen if he or she has not been out of the country for more than 90 days in each of the first ten years of his or her life(4).

________________________________________________________________________________

(1). Which would mean that they must have Indefinite Leave to Remain, commonly known as permanent residence.
(2). Section 9 of the Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Act 2002 abolished the distinction between legitimate and illegitimate children and provides that a father can pass his British citizenship onto his children even when he is not married to the child’s mother. However, this section of the Act is not yet in force and so as it currently stands, where the parents are not married, a child born in the UK will not automatically acquire British citizenship through their father, but you may in certain circumstances apply to register the child as a British citizen.
(3). In this circumstance you can apply to register a child as a British citizen.
(4). A minor for the purpose of nationality law is a person who is under the age of 18.

Back to Nationality list. © Gherson & Co - Est. 1988 - Do not reproduce without permission

I think that once again proves all i have posted is factual , please read it (its far better than East Enders and you will learn something ) grin (or not in the case of our resident house girls wink)
Re: Dame Shirley Bassey is Nigerian!!! by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:37am On Jan 08, 2007
Thanks for ruining this thread with sexist bullshit.
Re: Dame Shirley Bassey is Nigerian!!! by Eurphoria(f): 8:38pm On Jan 08, 2007
tell me about it
Re: Dame Shirley Bassey is Nigerian!!! by VOR(m): 1:37am On Jan 10, 2007
Easyy:

Thanks Mamaput.

As I stated, my remarks were with regards to a normal situation of legality.

Cheers anyway grin

Easy,

You are wrong in your contention and I will illustrate to you why.

Take the case of two Nigerian students in the UK, (they are both legal residents in that they hold valid student visas),
the wife has a child born in the UK. Is that child British?

Under the current immigration act the answer will be no.

As of 31/12/82 someone born in the UK did not NECESSARILY acquire automatic UK citezenship.
Re: Dame Shirley Bassey is Nigerian!!! by Eurphoria(f): 2:03am On Jan 10, 2007
thanks for that but the thread is about shirley Bassey
Re: Dame Shirley Bassey is Nigerian!!! by Easyy(m): 12:22pm On Jan 10, 2007
VOR:

Easy,

You are wrong in your contention and I will illustrate to you why.

Take the case of two Nigerian students in the UK, (they are both legal residents in that they hold valid student visas),
the wife has a child born in the UK. Is that child British?

Under the current immigration act the answer will be no.

As of 31/12/82 someone born in the UK did not NECESSARILY acquire automatic UK citezenship.

That's exactly the way I was born and I'm British,

neither of my parents is British by the way
Re: Dame Shirley Bassey is Nigerian!!! by VOR(m): 1:55pm On Jan 10, 2007
Apologies for turning this into an immigration thread. But please indulge me while I answer Easy.

Easy,

You would only be British in the circumstances you have mentioned if;

a) You were born in the UK prior to 31/12/82.

B) You were born on or after this date but lived here as a child for more than 10 years
and were registered as a British national.

c) Whilst you were still a child either of your parents became a British National or acquired
settled status. i.e indefinite leave to remain.

Hope it is clear now.
Re: Dame Shirley Bassey is Nigerian!!! by Reverend(m): 2:00pm On Jan 10, 2007
I think it should work on a reciprical quota basis. The number of Nigerians allowed to apply for British citizenship should be the same as the number of British citizens applying for Nigerian citizenship.

That would solve many problems  lipsrsealed

Back to the topic of this thread. Don't be too proud:

Bassey was born at 182 Bute Street, Tiger Bay, Cardiff to a Nigerian father who was a seaman, while her mother came from Yorkshire, North England. She grew up in the notorious working-class district of Tiger Bay, Cardiff, as the youngest of seven children. Her father left when she was two years old.

I am sure he came back when she was earning millions lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Dame Shirley Bassey is Nigerian!!! by Ndipe(m): 7:20am On Jan 16, 2007
Same cowardice was exhibited by Dame Shirley's Bassey was also performed by Sophia Okonedo's father when he abandoned his family, thereby imposing years of financial hardship on her daughter.

Here is the link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sophie_Okonedo
Re: Dame Shirley Bassey is Nigerian!!! by Eurphoria(f): 1:43pm On Jan 16, 2007
Ndipe
its a shame isnt it? well i am glad ppl like them who were abandoned by AWOL dads have done good with their lives, contrary to some of the beliefs i have seen on NL. One thread once said ppl brought up by single parents turn out bad . Well hope those ppl read this and weep
Re: Dame Shirley Bassey is Nigerian!!! by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:11pm On Jan 17, 2007
Ironically wasnt it Eassy who was talking about how kids of single parent homes have mental issues?
Re: Dame Shirley Bassey is Nigerian!!! by Easyy(m): 11:07pm On Jan 17, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

Ironically wasnt it Eassy who was talking about how kids of single parent homes have mental issues?

So what about that?

Besides, there's a difference between talking about something and bring out research reports
Re: Dame Shirley Bassey is Nigerian!!! by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:09pm On Jan 17, 2007
you obviously agreed with those links else you wouldnt have gone on a search for them
Re: Dame Shirley Bassey is Nigerian!!! by Easyy(m): 11:16pm On Jan 17, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

you obviously agreed with those links else you wouldnt have gone on a search for them

So what about it?
Re: Dame Shirley Bassey is Nigerian!!! by Eurphoria(f): 11:17pm On Jan 17, 2007
LMAO oh man! please what about shirley Bassey grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hehe! See What Omotola Jalade Was Caught Doing With Another Man In Bed (photos) / Bbnaija 2019: Mike Biography, Full Name And Net Worth / Meet 'queen Of Dark' Nyakim Gatwech, The Lady With The Darkest Skin In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.