Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,629 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

#ondodecides2016: PDP Substantive Appeal Hearing Day 1 - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #ondodecides2016: PDP Substantive Appeal Hearing Day 1 (7689 Views)

Supreme Court Adjourns Dasuki’s Appeal Hearing Till January / #ondodecides2016: PDP Governorship Candidates Appeal Judgement & Hearings / #ondodecides2016: Day 2 PDP Substantive Appeal Court Hearing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #ondodecides2016: PDP Substantive Appeal Hearing Day 1 by engineerboat(m): 6:43am On Nov 17, 2016
Good morning good people of nairaland and Great people of Nigeria.

Its another's day of legal fireworks at the Abuja court of Appeal.

Time is 12:00 noon.

Follow today's proceedings on.

https://www.nairaland.com/3469563/ondodecides2016-day-2-pdp-substantive

Good morning
Re: #ondodecides2016: PDP Substantive Appeal Hearing Day 1 by BERNIMOORE: 10:42pm On Nov 17, 2016
agabusta:

Thank you for the updates.

I guess Poroye's lawyer and Ibrahim's lawyer are just acting a pre-planned script.

They are both of the same sides, but forming adversaries in court just to delay the court processes. smiley

Nigeria's legal system needs serious overhaul.
can you now see what i predicted? the supreme court notice had to be considered in its merits by the lower court and not just stops the lower court automatically. anyway peace!
Re: #ondodecides2016: PDP Substantive Appeal Hearing Day 1 by agabusta: 2:41am On Nov 18, 2016
BERNIMOORE:
can you now see what i predicted? the supreme court notice had to be considered in its merits by the lower court and not just stops the lower court automatically. anyway peace!

I never told you otherwise. I only told you that you cannot use a criminal law to argue a civil case. Did I ever tell you that notice of appeal is as good as the court granting the appeal and staying proceedings? Kindly show me where I said so.

You later changed the premise of your argument when you realised that your initial points were faulty.

At first, you quoted the Administration of Criminal Justice Act 2015 to explain the scenario and claim because of that, appeals of preliminary matters will not be entertained by the supreme court and stay of proceedings at the lower court granted, but that the case will run fully, you even cited Saraki's case.

That is wrong. I corrected you by telling you that the case in question was a civil case and as such, using the ACJA 2015 which is for criminal matters to prove a point is erroneous. Saraki's case is a criminal case.

Have you forgotten that I posted this for you when you were talking about ACJA 2015 :

agabusta:

Oga relax na. I quoted both you and engineer boat.

Even if the case continues or does not continue tomorrow, it has nothing to do with what you put up there.

The premise of your argument is seriously flawed. The case in question is not a criminal case.

It was when you realised you were wrong on your first premise that you now abandoned using the ACJA 2015 to argue and then used another authority by citing a case.

After u changed the initial grounds of your argument, did I come back to counter you??

I already told you, that the continuation of the case has nothing to do with your initial argument of using ACJA 2015 cum Saraki's case at CCT as an example.

It was after you realised your errors that u decided to appropriately research and then come up with new points, which were not disproved by me.
Re: #ondodecides2016: PDP Substantive Appeal Hearing Day 1 by kahal29: 1:31pm On Nov 18, 2016
cktheluckyman:

My dear judgement will be delivered before the elections deal with it

Bros how far? Has the judgment been delivered?
Re: #ondodecides2016: PDP Substantive Appeal Hearing Day 1 by cktheluckyman: 1:34pm On Nov 18, 2016
kahal29:

Bros how far? Has the judgment been delivered?
Unlike you I am not a coward who disappears and only appears when it favours me.I told you judgement will be delivered before the elections. I still stand by it.Shebi we are watching? Let's see how they will hold elections in ondo on Saturday without resolving this case
Re: #ondodecides2016: PDP Substantive Appeal Hearing Day 1 by ojgallant: 11:30pm On Nov 19, 2016
cktheluckyman:

Unlike you I am not a coward who disappears and only appears when it favours me.I told you judgement will be delivered before the elections. I still stand by it.Shebi we are watching? Let's see how they will hold elections in ondo on Saturday without resolving this case

see bro maybe is because you are not living in Ondo state,thats why you are saying this.We are known as peace loving state,NOBODY CAN HOLD THE PEACE IN THE STATE AS A RANSOM FOR ANY POLITICIANS,All i know is that they are reaping what they sown ,so if they want to fight,they should go and withdraw there family,ALL THOSE CROWD YOU HAVE SEEN AT THERE BACK are just bunch of deceivers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $33bn –CBN / We Will Not Use Military Force Against Fulani Herdsmen - FG / Buhari: State Of Nigeria's Education Worrisome, Calls For Serious Concern

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.