Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

We Will Not Use Military Force Against Fulani Herdsmen - FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Will Not Use Military Force Against Fulani Herdsmen - FG (7661 Views)

Iran Condemns Violence, Use Of Force Against Nigeria Protesters / Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari / Herdsmen: FG Opens Radio Station - Femi Fani-Kayode Kicks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Will Not Use Military Force Against Fulani Herdsmen - FG by naijahut: 7:45am On Sep 18, 2017
The Federal Government has ruled out the use of military might to subdue the attacking force of rampaging Fulani herdsmen.

Minister of Interior, Gen. Abdulrahman Dambazau, retd, while featuring on a Channels Television programme, “Question Times” on Sunday night said deployment of the military to combat the Fulani herdsmen menace was not an option because, the situation has not overwhelmed the police yet.

According to the Minister, “We must protect the country which is the main function of the police. The Civil Defence are there to complement them too.

“This is a non-military issue that borders on law and order. It is not every security issue that you call in the military. It is the responsibility of the police to maintain peace. I believe that if we put the police in proper position in terms of discharging its functions, then there would be no need for military option. The police are equal to the task. If you have to deploy the army, then you are going above board. In any case, I do not even have the power to deploy the military for anything. It is only when the situation gets out of hand that you invite the military.”

Recall that Fulani herdsmen have in recent past attacked several villages across the country, killing scores of people

Source: http://dailypost.ng/2016/06/06/we-will-not-use-military-force-against-fulani-herdsmen-fg/#.Wb9pPlI2JHj.facebook

1 Like

Re: We Will Not Use Military Force Against Fulani Herdsmen - FG by naijahut: 7:45am On Sep 18, 2017
Cc: lalasticlala
Re: We Will Not Use Military Force Against Fulani Herdsmen - FG by smartty68(m): 7:46am On Sep 18, 2017
Why use military force when the fulani herdsmen are peace lovers and unarmed civilians are terrorists undecided

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Will Not Use Military Force Against Fulani Herdsmen - FG by DickDastardLION(m): 7:46am On Sep 18, 2017
grin cheesy
Re: We Will Not Use Military Force Against Fulani Herdsmen - FG by horsepower101: 7:47am On Sep 18, 2017
Nigeria a cursed country.

This is why God refuse to answer prayers for this country. The injustice is too much.

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Will Not Use Military Force Against Fulani Herdsmen - FG by horsepower101: 7:51am On Sep 18, 2017
smartty68:
Why use military force when the fulani herdsmen are peace lovers and unarmed civilians are terrorists undecided

Things like this make me depressed for this country. Honestly.

I don't think I will raise my family here with the things I am seeing.

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We Will Not Use Military Force Against Fulani Herdsmen - FG by Hofbrauhaus(m): 7:51am On Sep 18, 2017
naijahut:
The Federal Government has ruled out the use of military might to subdue the attacking force of rampaging Fulani herdsmen.

Minister of Interior, Gen. Abdulrahman Dambazau, retd, while featuring on a Channels Television programme, “Question Times” on Sunday night said deployment of the military to combat the Fulani herdsmen menace was not an option because, the situation has not overwhelmed the police yet.

According to the Minister, “We must protect the country which is the main function of the police. The Civil Defence are there to complement them too.

“This is a non-military issue that borders on law and order. It is not every security issue that you call in the military. It is the responsibility of the police to maintain peace. I believe that if we put the police in proper position in terms of discharging its functions, then there would be no need for military option. The police are equal to the task. If you have to deploy the army, then you are going above board. In any case, I do not even have the power to deploy the military for anything. It is only when the situation gets out of hand that you invite the military.”

Recall that Fulani herdsmen have in recent past attacked several villages across the country, killing scores of people

Source: http://dailypost.ng/2016/06/06/we-will-not-use-military-force-against-fulani-herdsmen-fg/#.Wb9pPlI2JHj.facebook

But peaceful Biafrans have overwhelmed the police. Different laws for different folks, same country.
If I ever vote in this country again, call me bastard.
If I ever respond to any BMC call me bastard.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Will Not Use Military Force Against Fulani Herdsmen - FG by morbeta(m): 7:51am On Sep 18, 2017
What a shame

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Not Use Military Force Against Fulani Herdsmen - FG by ITbomb(m): 7:52am On Sep 18, 2017
They can't deploy military, where are they even deploying to

Fulani herdsmen just like Boko Haram does not have a station as such no target for military to shoot

2 Likes

Re: We Will Not Use Military Force Against Fulani Herdsmen - FG by UduMgbo1: 7:53am On Sep 18, 2017
grin

Buhari is a terrorist
apc is bokoharam - sarrki

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Will Not Use Military Force Against Fulani Herdsmen - FG by smartty68(m): 7:54am On Sep 18, 2017
horsepower101:

Nigeria leaders are really useless

8 Likes

Re: We Will Not Use Military Force Against Fulani Herdsmen - FG by Hofbrauhaus(m): 7:57am On Sep 18, 2017
horsepower101:

My brother DON'T. Don't try it. This country is hopeless, worthless and useless. Only fools that enjoy peanuts love this country. Infact most of those intelligent zombies supporting Buhari are not even in Nigeria. Except for the poverty strikken ones like sa

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Will Not Use Military Force Against Fulani Herdsmen - FG by Nobody: 7:57am On Sep 18, 2017
Southerners don suffer. Christians are slaves in Nigeria. Where did we (Christians) lose it?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Will Not Use Military Force Against Fulani Herdsmen - FG by PointZerom: 7:58am On Sep 18, 2017
I only pity Olu Faloye

1 Like

Re: We Will Not Use Military Force Against Fulani Herdsmen - FG by Nobody: 7:58am On Sep 18, 2017
Little wonder why we are where we are..

They have tactically curbed agitations from anywhere in the country with the ipob brigande..

They tactically curbed protest with the #ourmumudondo saga.. #counter protest etc...rendering NLC useless..

They have tactically and indirectly told any region, "if in anyway you go out of line, we can kill and destroy and nothing would happen".. so the restructuring is in the bin

These my friend are the tools of the populace to engage their leaders...

The leaders are not scared of loosing power anymore, so the elections dont matter.. its only to switch party or be an elderstates man...

Brace yourselves Nigerians....

17 Likes

Re: We Will Not Use Military Force Against Fulani Herdsmen - FG by odogwubiafra: 8:02am On Sep 18, 2017
But IPOB case has gone beyond police even having not deployed the police ab initio. This government has penchant for lies, and the lies are becoming contagious. Even all the Fulani killings has not made any demand for the deployment of the military because they are on a predetermined mission.

Buhari has killed the little unity and nascent democracy that existed since 1999. All l see in Buhari is hatred for other tribes(especially Igbos), nepotism, corruption, INCOMPETENCE^100, and above all JIHAD.

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We Will Not Use Military Force Against Fulani Herdsmen - FG by cowardafonja: 8:05am On Sep 18, 2017
Nigeria is the only country in this world where a known terrorist is voted into power.

Now the terrorist is calling innocent people terrorists so that they can be murdered officially.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Will Not Use Military Force Against Fulani Herdsmen - FG by dannytoe(m): 8:06am On Sep 18, 2017
Use the same dancing python for the hersdmen.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Not Use Military Force Against Fulani Herdsmen - FG by ayzTIGER: 8:06am On Sep 18, 2017
Alcatraz005:
Southerners don suffer. Christians are slaves in Nigeria. Where did we (Christians) lose it?
Stop talking from both sides of your mouth. You were overjoyed while the army invaded and killed armless civilians. Hell you even went ballistic while they were tagged "terrorists" and here you are asking this deluded question.

32 Likes 8 Shares

Re: We Will Not Use Military Force Against Fulani Herdsmen - FG by Nobody: 8:07am On Sep 18, 2017
I am not igbo but I am Christian and I am fast losing faith in Nigeria. I don't think Christian interest is protected in Nigeria.Nigeria would eventually be islamised. Christians have been defeated. Buhari is a warrior and he is difficult to defeat. Our prayers couldn't stop him and they(Muslima)are in the ascendancy. I am sorry I am saying this but it is the truth.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Will Not Use Military Force Against Fulani Herdsmen - FG by Dainfamous: 8:08am On Sep 18, 2017
Nigeria will not last for long

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Will Not Use Military Force Against Fulani Herdsmen - FG by rozayx5(m): 8:08am On Sep 18, 2017
Its cause of things like this that KANU grew in popularity

Buhari is a foolish bigot

Who will leave this country very very divided with scars

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Will Not Use Military Force Against Fulani Herdsmen - FG by fergie001: 8:08am On Sep 18, 2017
This country is gone to the dogs.

What can I say again,can those fools,those uncircumcised ediots that mate their parents and children now see bare-faced hypocrisy?
I will save this in my archives.
So the IG of Police told the world that armless civilians have overwhelmed the Police?
People had apparent orgasm here when the army went into Kanu's home,one nnama was even describing how docile a python is?
Can you imagine!
I am vexed,this is the height of it.
Fulani herdsmen hasn't overwhelmed the Police,
The 4th terrorist group in the world,by Global Terrorism Index is our Government's own Freedom-Fighters.
This is a shame,may the blood of those heroes haunt buhari's children all the days of their lives.

Look at a Dambazzau who challenged his Ag.President during the Yar'Adua saga became the defacto President alongside Turai and Aondoakaa.Yet,Jonathan said go home and sin no more.
Jonathan was very weak.
THE SOUTH-EASTERN GOVERNORS ARE THE BIGGEST FOOLS IN HISTORY.

Continue,buhari,Dambazzau,and your ilks,your children will suffer.
Where is that rivers fool when you need him?
That loose mouth,that butterfly that thinks himself a bird.
Can he now come and justify this with another of his psycophantic analysis?or that parrot/zombie-in-thief?or the sabongari goat?or the animal from imo?or the nitwit from Yola?or the drunking-master man-woman lizard from anioma or the Igede nincompoop?

"Genocide is not just a murderous madness; it is, more deeply, a politics that promises a utopia beyond politics - one people, one land, one truth, the end of difference. Since genocide is a form of political utopia, it remains an enduring temptation in any multiethnic and multicultural society in crisis." (M.I)

Do not call lala pls
Call the other one,yes,the other one.

God Bless Nigerians who stood for real peace,democracy,justice and the truth.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Will Not Use Military Force Against Fulani Herdsmen - FG by Nobody: 8:09am On Sep 18, 2017
ayzTIGER:
Stop talking from both sides of your mouth. You were overjoyed while the army invaded and killed armless civilians. Hell you even go ballistic while they were tagged "terrorists" and here you are asking this deluded question.

Would you shut up? Where did you see me urge the Army to kill igbos? I am on record to have condemned it to the point that my Yoruba brothers were fighting me. I think the Islamization crusade is on course and nothing would stop them. Nnamdi's failure is the end of the restructuring agitation of the south.
Re: We Will Not Use Military Force Against Fulani Herdsmen - FG by dannytoe(m): 8:12am On Sep 18, 2017
Hofbrauhaus:

But peaceful Biafrans have overwhelmed the police. Different laws for different folks, same country.
If I ever vote in this country again, call me bastard.
If I ever respond to any BMC call me bastard.
stop ranting, and tell us where is your scammer Nnamdi kanu, maybe he's still hiding in cameroon.

1 Share

Re: We Will Not Use Military Force Against Fulani Herdsmen - FG by Nobody: 8:14am On Sep 18, 2017
Alcatraz005:

See your life. After selling your future defending hausa/fulani.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Will Not Use Military Force Against Fulani Herdsmen - FG by Hofbrauhaus(m): 8:14am On Sep 18, 2017
dannytoe:
stop ranting, and tell us where is your scammer Nnandi kanu, maybe he's still hiding in cameroon.

You would see him very soon. And it's Nnamdi.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Will Not Use Military Force Against Fulani Herdsmen - FG by Nobody: 8:15am On Sep 18, 2017
dannytoe:
stop ranting, and tell us where is your scammer Nnandi kanu, maybe he's still hiding in cameroon.

This one does not understand the topic. His problem is ipob and kanu. Spits.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Will Not Use Military Force Against Fulani Herdsmen - FG by Nobody: 8:16am On Sep 18, 2017
Fineman87:

See your life. After selling your future defending hausa/fulani.

Baba na mistake oooo. Christians are in deep soup with Muslims in Nigeria sha. Na to dey plan relocation ooo.
Re: We Will Not Use Military Force Against Fulani Herdsmen - FG by Tofax: 8:17am On Sep 18, 2017
Fulani Herdsmen,The 4th most dangerous terrorist group in the world are treated with kids gloves by PMB, while the Military aka Python dance are sent to kill unarmed civilians.

17 Likes

Re: We Will Not Use Military Force Against Fulani Herdsmen - FG by Nobody: 8:17am On Sep 18, 2017
Alcatraz005:
I am not igbo but I am Christian and I am fast losing faith in Nigeria. I don't think Christian interest is protected in Nigeria.Nigeria would eventually be islamised. Christians have been defeated. Buhari is a warrior and he is difficult to defeat. Our prayers couldn't stop him and they(Muslima)are in the ascendancy. I am sorry I am saying this but it is the truth.

Guy stop spewing rubbish. Yolobats made it hard to defeat buhari.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Not Use Military Force Against Fulani Herdsmen - FG by KEVIND: 8:18am On Sep 18, 2017
Continue with your hypocrisy. A day of reckoning is around the corner when mighty and powerful men and women in this country will run from pillar to post calling for dialogue but it'll be to late to dialogue. You can't continue to operate two different laws on the people - Deodorant LAWS for Hausa Fulani and insecticide LAWS for the the igbos and the South

25 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Security Chiefs, Governors Siphon N241bn Annually -Transparency International / Segun Showunmi: Tinubu, Atiku Like Biden, Reagan Are Not Too Old To Rule / PHCN Deploys New Meter Installation Strategies In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.