Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,801 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! (16495 Views)

Atheism Is A Religion / Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion / Atheism Is A Mental Illness :charles Darwin, Sigmund Freud, Thomas Henry Huxley (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! by LiberaDeus: 6:57pm On Nov 18, 2016
Tellemall:

It doesn't change the fact that you're operating on extrapolation.

And that that guy believes in the data from Kepler Space Observatory being the ultimate info.

Atheism is stupid enough, we don't need more stupidity.

Is extrapolation not logical. Extrapolation is used in physics equations, equations that have helped in creating modern vehicles and combustible engines.

In science there is nothing like ultimate info just verifiable,concrete info. Such info can change when methods change and new facts come to light.

Its you religious people that think in terms of ultimate,final, supreme etc always trying to use psychology and an appeal to authority to enthrone petty pseudoscience as truth.

You know what's greater than your religion? Mathematics

Anytime any day, mathematics can provide much more verifiable and trusted facts than your useless prayer and religion. Mathematics is trusted by petty traders, physicists, biologists, economics etc they use it everyday, they use quadratic formulas, algebraic theory, basic algebra, trigonometry and these methods never fail them.
But your religion and its useless prayers are as useless as praying to a stone, few prayers work, most dont, most are delayed. But you still hang on because you are scared of an unverified hell that you can't provide proof of, the only proof is by blind faith. Is it not a fool that will take blind trust as real evidence.

So tell me between the rational atheist and the delusional Christian who seems more stupid.

1 Like

Re: Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! by Anas09: 7:39pm On Nov 18, 2016
Tellemall:

Lol.

You've noticed it, right? Turns out atheists are the most informed about Christianity.

You are intelligent, clap for yoursrlf.
Re: Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! by TomHagen: 9:21pm On Nov 18, 2016
Anas09:

You are intelligent, clap for yoursrlf.
That guy is on your side... How you dey?
Re: Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! by Anas09: 9:52pm On Nov 18, 2016
TomHagen:
That guy is on your side... How you dey?
I dey try. Where you go since?

The really? He is on my side and i know it not? Its well.
My days of bantering on Nairaland are over.
Re: Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! by TomHagen: 10:07pm On Nov 18, 2016
Anas09:

I dey try. Where you go since?

The really? He is on my side and i know it not? Its well.
My days of bantering on Nairaland are over.
Circumstances beyond my control.
Re: Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! by Anas09: 10:12pm On Nov 18, 2016
TomHagen:
Circumstances beyond my control.
You are good now?
Re: Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! by TomHagen: 10:19pm On Nov 18, 2016
Anas09:

You are good now?
Lol. Not really. You have to keep bantering though. Nairaland needs you.
Re: Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! by Tellemall: 11:02pm On Nov 18, 2016
LiberaDeus:

Is extrapolation not logical. Extrapolation is used in physics equations, equations that have helped in creating modern vehicles and combustible engines.

In science there is nothing like ultimate info just verifiable,concrete info. Such info can change when methods change and new facts come to light.

Its you religious people that think in terms of ultimate,final, supreme etc always trying to use psychology and an appeal to authority to enthrone petty pseudoscience as truth.

Anytime any day, mathematics can provide much more verifiable and trusted facts than your useless prayer and religion. Mathematics is trusted by petty traders, physicists, biologists, economics etc they use it everyday, they use quadratic formulas, algebraic theory, basic algebra, trigonometry and these methods never fail them.
But your religion and its useless prayers are as useless as praying to a stone, few prayers work, most dont, most are delayed. But you still hang on because you are scared of an unverified hell that you can't provide proof of, the only proof is by blind faith. Is it not a fool that will take blind trust as real evidence.

So tell me between the rational atheist and the delusional Christian who seems more stupid.

In your null set mind, you believe that Christians aren't scientists. That's why you're explaining of all things extrapolation. You think that because you don't think there is a God that it has automatically made you more rational and logical than theists.

Your epistle is over something that highlights the stupid way atheists regard religion. If you can't see God he doesn't exist. If you can't see the data for yourself it doesn't exist, going by that "rationality".

You are delusional for believing that atoms exist when you have never seen one. You are delusional to think that theists are deluded.

Continue extrapolating.

I'm sure it will explain a lot of life to you.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! by LiberaDeus: 11:11pm On Nov 18, 2016
Tellemall:

In your null set mind, you believe that Christians aren't scientists. That's why you're explaining of all things extrapolation. You think that because you don't think there is a God that it has automatically made you more rational and logical than theists.

Your epistle is over something that highlights the stupid way atheists regard religion. If you can't see God he doesn't exist. If you can't see the data for yourself it doesn't exist, going by that "rationality".

You are delusional for believing that atoms exist when you have never seen one. You are delusional to think that theists are deluded.

Continue extrapolating.

Oh Christians are scientists quite alright but in this modern day, the percentage of Christians reduces when you go deeper into the scientific fields. Even the Christian scientists are very much the liberal type that don't take all the bullshit in your story book serious.

I don't just think that there is no god. I came to that conclusion by considering facts from fields of rational thought like geology, textual criticism of the bible, astronomy, biology, history, archaeology, anthropology and most importantly basic LOGIC. Christians could have arrived at that conclusion if they followed this path but their minds are too lazy to consider all the necessary facts that's why you guys are still stuck in the religious mental prison.

Vision is not the only way humans perceive things. We don't see air but we feel its effect, we don't see diseases but we see their effects. Coming to your god Yahweh, I don't see him, I don't see his effects or should I say I don't see anything occurring that can be specifically traced to him and not other gods. There is no measurable alteration of reality that can be solely traced to your god the same way you can not make the rock in my backyard the sole cause of the events in the world.

Sorry my friend, even electrons have been seen with high powered microscopes so atoms are not even an issue. But before we could see them we could see the effects of their existence.

Pleas bring tangible evidence of your imaginary friend Yahweh.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! by raphieMontella: 11:27pm On Nov 18, 2016
LiberaDeus:

anytime any day, mathematics can provide much more verifiable and trusted facts than your useless prayer and religion. Mathematics is trusted by petty traders, physicists, biologists, economics etc they use it everyday, they use quadratic formulas, algebraic theory, basic algebra, trigonometry and these methods never fail them.

i keep telling people that i see mathematics rooted in this universe...an inseparable fundamental part of our existence and everything that exists...
Re: Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:41pm On Nov 18, 2016
Akdegreat:

You think they're real atheists?
They simply frown at the idea of religious Gods; their arguments revolve around the 'perceived' limitations and imperfections of religious Gods.

Ma nigga

Lennycool , raphiemontella , akintom , jonbellion , hopefullandlord , JackBizzle

Another person saying exactly the same thing ! Apparently you guys are doing a poor job disproving The Supreme Being's existence . Calling you atheists is a misnomer , you guys are just religious skeptics . And guess who are also good at religious skepticism ? The Deists

Rejecting religious gods and concepts does not impugn the existence of the Supreme Being . But of course ,since atheism is actually the rejection of gods worshiped by the larger society , you keep rehashing the same old rebutted arguments to stay relevant .

1 Like

Re: Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:49pm On Nov 18, 2016
Tellemall:

Been a while I last visited these posts.

As for your post: word! They won't like it one bit.

Atheism is mostly for teenage rebellion, truly. People who don't grow out of it usually stay holed up in it, angry at a God they claim doesn't exist. What a way to live.

Thanks bro

The crazy part is to be awake as early as 3 am , 4 am still raging against someone that does not exist ?! Isn't that madness bikonu ? I fear for their mental health , it must be hell for them living like that - I think that's the penalty they pay for not acknowledging God .

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! by Anas09: 12:08am On Nov 19, 2016
TomHagen:
Lol. Not really. You have to keep bantering though. Nairaland needs you.
No, it doesn't.
Re: Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! by DoctorAlien(m): 12:13am On Nov 19, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Thanks bro

The crazy part is to be awake as early as 3 am , 4 am still raging against someone that does not exist ?! Isn't that madness bikonu ? I fear for their mental health , it must be hell for them living like that - I think that's the penalty they pay for not acknowledging God .

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! by Sibe007(m): 12:20am On Nov 19, 2016
LiberaDeus:

Oh Christians are scientists quite alright but in this modern day, the percentage of Christians reduces when you go deeper into the scientific fields. Even the Christian scientists are very much the liberal type that don't take all the bullshit in your story book serious.

I don't just think that there is no god. I came to that conclusion by considering facts from fields of rational thought like geology, textual criticism of the bible, astronomy, biology, history, archaeology, anthropology and most importantly basic LOGIC. Christians could have arrived at that conclusion if they followed this path but their minds are too lazy to consider all the necessary facts that's why you guys are still stuck in the religious mental prison.

Vision is not the only way humans perceive things. We don't see air but we feel its effect, we don't see diseases but we see their effects. Coming to your god Yahweh, I don't see him, I don't see his effects or should I say I don't see anything occurring that can be specifically traced to him and not other gods. There is no measurable alteration of reality that can be solely traced to your god the same way you can not make the rock in my backyard the sole cause of the events in the world.

Sorry my friend, even electrons have been seen with high powered microscopes so atoms are not even an issue. But before we could see them we could see the effects of their existence.

They will say 'Faith', which is a kind of saying, Off Brain No logic, just Believe. It doesn't have to make sense. Just believe it makes sense.

It is only a matter of time. Light will catch up with Ignorance promoted by organised religions.

You promoting these Religions, what good has it done for you and Nigeria. Is this the life you want your kids to inherit.

It is well with my Fellow Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:33am On Nov 19, 2016
Sibe007:

They will say 'Faith', which is a kind of saying, Off Brain No logic, just Believe. It doesn't have to make sense. Just believe it makes sense.

It is only a matter of time. Light will catch up with Ignorance promoted by organised religions.

You promoting these Religions, what good has it done for you and Nigeria. Is this the life you want your kids to inherit.

It is well with my Fellow Nigerians.

You do realise that as an atheist you believe God does not exist . Because if you say that God does not exist with certitude , you are being omniscient as a human which is false anyway .

So both atheists/theists believe . And atheists are the ones who show blind faith .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! by hopefulLandlord: 12:35am On Nov 19, 2016
Tellemall:

Atheism is mostly for teenage rebellion, truly. People who don't grow out of it usually stay holed up in it, angry at a God they claim doesn't exist. What a way to live.

Why am I so angry? Don't know. In fact, I didn't know I was angry. Christians say that since I am an atheist, therefore I am always angry, so I must be. If they say I am angry, I must be angry, whether I am angry or not. In fact, if the Christians say I am angry, I don't even have the right to not be angry because they say I am angry.

1 Like

Re: Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:38am On Nov 19, 2016
DoctorAlien:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Na true na grin grin
Re: Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:40am On Nov 19, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Why am I so angry? Don't know. In fact, I didn't know I was angry. Christians say that since I am an atheist, therefore I am always angry, so I must be. If they say I am angry, I must be angry, whether I am angry or not. In fact, if the Christians say I am angry, I don't even have the right to not be angry because they say I am angry.

Facts prove atheists are indeed angry at God . undecided

On January 1, 2011, CNN reported:

People unaffiliated with organized religion, atheists and agnostics also report anger toward God either in the past, or anger focused on a hypothetical image - that is, what they imagined God might be like - said lead study author Julie Exline, Case Western Reserve University psychologist.In studies on college students, atheists and agnostics reported more anger at God during their lifetimes than believers.

http://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/01/anger-at-god-common-even-among-atheists/

1 Like

Re: Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! by hopefulLandlord: 12:43am On Nov 19, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

People unaffiliated with organized religion, atheists and agnostics also report anger toward God either in the past, or anger focused on a hypothetical image - that is, what they imagined God might be like - said lead study author Julie Exline, Case Western Reserve University psychologist.In studies on college students, atheists and agnostics reported more anger at God during their lifetimes than believers.

http://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/01/anger-at-god-common-even-among-atheists/

learn to read
Re: Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! by DoctorAlien(m): 12:47am On Nov 19, 2016
And someone lied on this thread that the electron has been seen. If you have seen the electron: is it a zero-radius point or does it have a radius? What is its radius?

Continue lying just to prove to yourself that GOD does not exist.
Re: Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:52am On Nov 19, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

learn to read

Dude , you are angry at a God you claim that does not exist . That explains your vitriolic attacks , and its almost 1 am you are awake fighting an elusive battle , your words filled with rancor and hatred .

Its one year since you joined the atheist army , happy anniversary ! And I wish you more battles against an imaginary being and his deluded followers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! by hopefulLandlord: 12:53am On Nov 19, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Dude , you are angry at a God you claim that does not exist . That explains your vitriolic attacks , and its almost 1 am you are awake fighting an elusive battle , your words filled with rancor and hatred .

Its one year since you joined the atheist army , happy anniversary ! And I wish you more battles against an imaginary being and his deluded followers.

I hear you
Re: Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! by Sibe007(m): 1:39am On Nov 19, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I wonder where most theist got the notion that atheists are angry at any god, and how some theists run with such narrative.

What your atheist friends are trying to do is to attempt to encourage you theist especially Churchianty believers to embrace REASON, attempt to engage the brain even as the Bible encourages, 'come with your strong reason'

No one is against any god, most are just against this Ignorance that has interrupted our evolution.

That has for long encouraged people to OFF their brain in the name of Faith.
Re: Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! by Sibe007(m): 1:46am On Nov 19, 2016
Faith is quite a dangerous concept.

One can just say I have faith that if I blow myself up and kill some unbelievers, I will get to paradise and be rewarded with...

You ask such a person how do you know that, they say Faith. They just believe.
Re: Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! by Sibe007(m): 2:05am On Nov 19, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You do realise that as an atheist you believe God does not exist . Because if you say that God does not exist with certitude , you are being omniscient as a human which is false anyway .

So both atheists/theists believe . And atheists are the ones who show blind faith .

I told you I was an Atheist
Re: Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! by felixomor: 2:51am On Nov 19, 2016
Tellemall:

Continue extrapolating.

On point

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! by akintom(m): 5:45am On Nov 19, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Thanks bro

Like Seun said, the responsibility to liberate religious folks from mental littleness, can't be more urgent.

The religious mind had taught you to go to bed at say 10pm after night prayer, and wake up at about 5:30am, to do routine morning prayer.

People of mental worth and value, are not meant for time, but time is made for them.

They control the use of time, to their best use. With all the cacophony of ranting by religious crying and weeping houses around, what better quiet time, than when deluded and illusioned folks had exhausted themselves?

Even your religious leaders (eg bishop oyedepo), stay up to read and write, what to feed you folks' void minds with.
Re: Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! by akintom(m): 5:52am On Nov 19, 2016
Sibe007:
Faith is quite a dangerous concept.

One can just say I have faith that if I blow myself up and kill some unbelievers, I will get to paradise and be rewarded with...

You ask such a person how do you know that, they say Faith. They just believe.

In all the history of human existence, nothing has been more viciously dangerous and terrorising as religious faith.

Science has since inception, been actively containing this infantile idiocy, without which, the world would have still remained at cavemen civilization.

1 Like

Re: Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! by akintom(m): 6:12am On Nov 19, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Anger

Anger is an emotion characterized by antagonism toward someone or something you feel has deliberately done you wrong.

Anger can be a good thing. It can give you a way to express negative feelings, for example, or motivate you to find solutions to problems.

But excessive anger can cause problems. Increased blood pressure and other physical changes associated with anger make it difficult to think straight and harm your physical and mental health.

Adapted from the Encyclopedia of Psychology

I had previously advised you, to be careful with use of words. Especially when you are trying to gloat ignorantly.

Anger is a VITAL component, of the homeostatic mechanism of NORMAL mental function. Without which, the brain and life normal function will be IMPOSSIBLE.

Religion and religious beliefs, had and still have humongous WRONG effects on normal human mind functions. And these wrongs, are deliberate acts of religious obscurantists.

It's the discovery or realization of these religious wrongs, by atheists, that stimulate the angry response to its continuous effects.

Rational mental existence, is only possible when humans consistently respond, to ideas that suggest idiocy, illusion and delusion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! by akintom(m): 6:34am On Nov 19, 2016
Tellemall:

Continue extrapolating.

As far as the establishment, of the proof of God existence is CONCERNED, theists are not SCIENTISTS, the closest any theists has moved, is being a mere Pseudoscientist (a fraudulent and quackery version of scientist).

When you have succeeded in proving the existence of your God, according to the scientific research methodology and design, then your covetous craze for the title of scientist, will be awarded to you.

Until then, learn to be decent mentally.
Re: Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! by Tellemall: 6:39am On Nov 19, 2016
LiberaDeus:

The deeper you go the more you ascribe these wonders to God.

You are one of those black Africans who think that all people of the western world are atheists because they are educated and have unraveled what you think are the mysteries of God.

You're wrong.

Science and religion can never be compared. So all you atheists can stop trying to use science explain away religion, when religion metaphysical. One is physical and one your science can't even explain.

Science is simply a standard of education. It is attainable to all men. It is not equivalent to disproving God.

If you want to do that, use metaphysical evidence. You are trying to measure Angstroms with a specimen in a Petri dish. Use the right apparatus.

I'm done with the ones who say they're rational.

Naijadeyhia, kingebukasblog and all of the nice Christian posters, please, don't mention me on these religious threads with atheists.

They aren't the most logical people you will find. Neither are they intelligent. Their rationality is limited to the things they can attack because they are scared of the others.

Imagine a situation where atheists say witches don't exist, but they are told how to meet them and they refuse to because they actually believe in them and are scared of them(I don't have time, more arguing without addressing all questions to them or quietly ignoring posts). These are the same people who subscribe to collecting data and behaving as if everything must be tested and proven, when they are scared to test and prove things except swallowing the scientific research of others. Lol. A funny bunch.

Until the atheists here take on investigation they remain the epitome of frustrated Christians with a scientific educational background.

I used to take their main man as an intellectual, until he proved himself to be merely armed with a data subscription.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Stop Abusing God And Talking About Him Carelessly!! / Mistakes Most Christians In Nigeria Make / Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.