Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,305 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

Wike And PDP Members Dispel Protesting APC Members In Rivers State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike And PDP Members Dispel Protesting APC Members In Rivers State (19848 Views)

President Buhari's Remark At The Meeting With The Executives Of APC And PDP / Photos Of Buhari With APC And PDP Governors And Aisha Buhari In London / I Support Wike And PDP In New York - Man (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike And PDP Members Dispel Protesting APC Members In Rivers State by suasmablow(m): 11:11am On Nov 17, 2016
Thursday morning protesting members of the All Progressives Congress, APC in Rivers meet a huge resistance as the State Governor, Nyesom Wike on hearing of the protest quickly mobilised his party members and supporters to dispel them. This action forced the protesting APC members into a retreat with many of them running for their lives.

Versatile Reporters gathered that the group loyal to the APC in the state was out to protest against the decision of the state asembly not to swear in only two APC elected members of the House of Assembly months after their election.

As at the time of filing this report the Governor has taken over the state assembly.
The two embattled APC legislators are Hon. Victoria Wobo Nyeche and Hon. Andrew Miller.

Some of the protesters who spoke to Versatile Reporters from their hiding places frown at the refusal of the Speaker of the State Assembly to swear in the APC members. They accused the state governor of deliberately sponsoring and supervising over the total persecution of members of the opposition in the state.

Versatile Reporters recalls that while Hon.Victoria won her case from the tribunal and court of appeal, Hon.Miller who hails from the same state constituency with the 2015 governorship candidate of the APC won the March 19,legislative rerun election. However, the duo have not been sworn in as members of the state assembly.
Meanwhile a reliable source who also spoke to Versatile Reporters disclosed that the Governor was meeting with the lawmakers over the request to secure another N10billion loan while the protesters arrived. That this was the major thing that angered the governor to personally mobilise against them.

The concluding part of the legislative rerun elections in Rivers State have been fixed for December 10.

Source: www.versatilereporters.com/2016/11/govwike-and-pdp-members-dispel.html

Re: Wike And PDP Members Dispel Protesting APC Members In Rivers State by stainlink(m): 11:16am On Nov 17, 2016
Kama

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike And PDP Members Dispel Protesting APC Members In Rivers State by krasican(m): 11:33am On Nov 17, 2016
Meanwhile a reliable source who also spoke to Versatile Reporters disclosed that the Governor was meeting with the lawmakers over the request to secure another N10billion loan

2 Likes

Re: Wike And PDP Members Dispel Protesting APC Members In Rivers State by richidinho(m): 12:40pm On Nov 17, 2016
You use federal might to delay election

We use our little state might to delay their swearing in

Do me, i do you... grin

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike And PDP Members Dispel Protesting APC Members In Rivers State by 9jatriot(m): 12:43pm On Nov 17, 2016
When it come to being a dictator, Buhari is still a leaner when it comes to Fayose and Wike, yet the duo are always crying foul when the arm of the law do their jobs. The duo are better as opposition and tout leaders. It is a disservice to any people where they are made leaders. Like Fayose like Wike, Fayose refused to allow the state house of assembly meet when he became governor until their tenure ran out then he installed his stooges now Wike does not want any opposition in the house of assembly even though he know being outnumbered they will only have their say and not their way yet he cannot tolerate them but he will wake up from his bed in the middle of the night as the chief security officer of the state and prevent law enforcement agencies from performing their duties. Sometimes I wonder if I offended God in a previous life that he allowed me to be born here. I am too different from the behaviour I see around me abeg.

Wike is winning second term though, rivers state indigene will rather have Wike destroy all the roads and infrastructure in PH than vote in Amechi's APC party.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike And PDP Members Dispel Protesting APC Members In Rivers State by muykem: 12:46pm On Nov 17, 2016
N10b loan again. Little wonder they don't want opposition in the state assembly.

4 Likes

Re: Wike And PDP Members Dispel Protesting APC Members In Rivers State by helinues: 12:49pm On Nov 17, 2016
make i just relax here..

Uncle Wike again....
Re: Wike And PDP Members Dispel Protesting APC Members In Rivers State by talktimi(m): 12:56pm On Nov 17, 2016
9jatriot:
[s]When it come to being a dictator, Buhari is still a leaner when it comes to Fayose and Wike, yet the duo are always crying foul when the arm of the law do their jobs. The duo are better as opposition and tout leaders. It is a disservice to any people where they are made leaders. Like Fayose like Wike, Fayose refused to allow the state house of assembly meet when he became governor until their tenure ran out then he installed his stooges now Wike does not want any opposition in the house of assembly even though he know being outnumbered they will only have their say and not their way yet he cannot tolerate them but he will wake up from his bed in the middle of the night as the chief security officer of the state and prevent law enforcement agencies from performing their duties. Sometimes I wonder if I offended God in a previous life that he allowed me to be born here. I am too different from the behaviour I see around me abeg.

Wike is winning second term though, rivers state indigene will rather have Wike destroy all the roads and infrastructure in PH than vote in Amechi's APC party[/s].
opinions of strangers and sadists are not needed in Rivers state

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike And PDP Members Dispel Protesting APC Members In Rivers State by OZAOEKPE(f): 1:06pm On Nov 17, 2016
krasican:
Meanwhile a reliable source who also spoke to Versatile Reporters disclosed that the Governor was meeting with the lawmakers over the request to secure another N10billion loan
all for the betterment of the people of rivers state cool cool

14 Likes

Re: Wike And PDP Members Dispel Protesting APC Members In Rivers State by Bujumbura(m): 1:06pm On Nov 17, 2016
9jatriot:
When it come to being a dictator, Buhari is still a leaner when it comes to Fayose and Wike, yet the duo are always crying foul when the arm of the law do their jobs. The duo are better as opposition and tout leaders. It is a disservice to any people where they are made leaders. Like Fayose like Wike, Fayose refused to allow the state house of assembly meet when he became governor until their tenure ran out then he installed his stooges now Wike does not want any opposition in the house of assembly even though he know being outnumbered they will only have their say and not their way yet he cannot tolerate them but he will wake up from his bed in the middle of the night as the chief security officer of the state and prevent law enforcement agencies from performing their duties. Sometimes I wonder if I offended God in a previous life that he allowed me to be born here. I am too different from the behaviour I see around me abeg.

Wike is winning second term though, rivers state indigene will rather have Wike destroy all the roads and infrastructure in PH than vote in Amechi's APC party.
Only a Z can still support this idiotic buhari

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike And PDP Members Dispel Protesting APC Members In Rivers State by Bujumbura(m): 1:07pm On Nov 17, 2016
9jatriot:

Face your Osun State.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike And PDP Members Dispel Protesting APC Members In Rivers State by 9jatriot(m): 1:22pm On Nov 17, 2016
So you want us to support those who go around blowing up Forcados and other export lines reducing our crude oil export volume in spite of the low oil price. Make una de blow up the pipelines, na all of una go suffer am, if e non affect you e go affect person when close to you or you know. Peace.
Bujumbura:
Only a Z can still support this idiotic buhari

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike And PDP Members Dispel Protesting APC Members In Rivers State by Bujumbura(m): 1:27pm On Nov 17, 2016
9jatriot:
So you want us to support those who go around blowing up Forcados and other export lines reducing our crude oil export volume in spite of the low oil price. Make una de blow up the pipelines, na all of us go suffer am, if e non affect you e go affect person when close to you or you know. Peace.

13 Likes

Re: Wike And PDP Members Dispel Protesting APC Members In Rivers State by policy12: 1:28pm On Nov 17, 2016
Instead of the state to be Rivers of Joy, Rivers of blessings nop the state has choose the path of bitterness and it's known as Rivers of wahala and Rivers of issues.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike And PDP Members Dispel Protesting APC Members In Rivers State by SamuelAnyawu(m): 1:33pm On Nov 17, 2016
cool
Re: Wike And PDP Members Dispel Protesting APC Members In Rivers State by Nobody: 2:03pm On Nov 17, 2016
suasmablow:
Meanwhile a reliable source who also spoke to Versatile Reporters disclosed that the Governor was meeting with the lawmakers over the request to secure another N10billion loan while the protesters arrived. That this was the major thing that angered the governor to personally mobilise against them.
The concluding part of the legislative rerun elections in Rivers State have been fixed for December 10.

Source: www.versatilereporters.com/2016/11/govwike-and-pdp-members-dispel.html
Wike and his compulsive borrowing. This is a habit the governor needs to break before he yokes the state to endless debts. By the way, why always 10 billion naira?

4 Likes

Re: Wike And PDP Members Dispel Protesting APC Members In Rivers State by Annie939(f): 2:55pm On Nov 17, 2016
Rivers state politics is something else both Apc and Pdp are the same

1 Like

Re: Wike And PDP Members Dispel Protesting APC Members In Rivers State by Eyor1(m): 3:04pm On Nov 17, 2016
talktimi:
opinions of strangers and sadists are not needed in Rivers state

Tell am oh

6 Likes

Re: Wike And PDP Members Dispel Protesting APC Members In Rivers State by TimeManager(m): 3:06pm On Nov 17, 2016
Wike will suffer, iswearigod!

Kiss the truth!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike And PDP Members Dispel Protesting APC Members In Rivers State by TimeManager(m): 3:09pm On Nov 17, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
cool
Samu Alawun, why you dey hide? grin grin

Kiss the truth!

2 Likes

Re: Wike And PDP Members Dispel Protesting APC Members In Rivers State by SamuelAnyawu(m): 3:29pm On Nov 17, 2016
TimeManager:
Samu Alawun, why you dey hide? grin grin
Kiss the truth!
You know say some kind thread no dey favourable na grin
Re: Wike And PDP Members Dispel Protesting APC Members In Rivers State by TimeManager(m): 3:38pm On Nov 17, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:

You know say some kind thread no dey favourable na grin
No be you again? dis kain thread no go dey favourable na but just Waka go front small, there is a thread where it was reported that the police dispelled PDP protesters in PH, sure that'd do, wouldn't it?

Kiss the truth!

1 Like

Re: Wike And PDP Members Dispel Protesting APC Members In Rivers State by kcmichael: 4:34pm On Nov 17, 2016
This report is one sided..... I was at Forces Avenue very close the place... What happened was that the APC were protesting against the House of Assembly for not swearing in their members Vitoria Nyeche and Andrew Miller.... They got the police permit to protest, but the PDP caretaker chairmen in the 23 LGA's mobilized people to the House of Assembly under the pretense of paying solidarity visit to the Speaker.... When the two party met at the gate of the Assembly the police had to construct a barricade and warned both parties not to pass the barricade but the PDP guys over whelmed the police and tear gas was dispensed on them.... Most guys you see here are those granted Amnesty by the state government they were mobilized to come to the Government House to fill a form but their leaders had another plan.... I am sure the next election will trigger another crises in the state because the Governor is not ready for peace...

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike And PDP Members Dispel Protesting APC Members In Rivers State by mayorchelsea(m): 5:31pm On Nov 17, 2016
richidinho:
You use federal might to delay election

We use our little state might to delay their swearing in

Do me, i do you... grin
That you do not support the current government which is a choice of yours is understandable but you claiming karma when you will still be the first person to claim stifling of opposition is mind-blowing.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike And PDP Members Dispel Protesting APC Members In Rivers State by infohenry(m): 5:51pm On Nov 17, 2016
Believe Buhari is really dissappointing me, he has allowed pdp guys to intimidate him by calling him tyrant and dictator when the really tyrant and dictators is among them as governors. Tell me if we will hear for this hypocrites if buhari is the one doing what pdp is doing in rivers with non swearing in of duly elected members of state house, as for fayose the assembly is just there to please him.

9 Likes

Re: Wike And PDP Members Dispel Protesting APC Members In Rivers State by veekid(m): 6:05pm On Nov 17, 2016
Story
Re: Wike And PDP Members Dispel Protesting APC Members In Rivers State by yomibelle(f): 6:05pm On Nov 17, 2016
nawa for ds people oh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike And PDP Members Dispel Protesting APC Members In Rivers State by Taryur3(m): 6:06pm On Nov 17, 2016
Lols...APC won't even grow an inch in rivers state.kudos to my amiable Governor. I don't care what haters may say...I just Love Wine even if he is wrong.lol
Re: Wike And PDP Members Dispel Protesting APC Members In Rivers State by Bigajeff(m): 6:07pm On Nov 17, 2016
humn
Re: Wike And PDP Members Dispel Protesting APC Members In Rivers State by edigne91: 6:07pm On Nov 17, 2016
Woke my man
Re: Wike And PDP Members Dispel Protesting APC Members In Rivers State by eponoloyin: 6:07pm On Nov 17, 2016
I don talk am say dem go kill that Wike last
anybody wan bet
Re: Wike And PDP Members Dispel Protesting APC Members In Rivers State by BjDreamchaser(m): 6:10pm On Nov 17, 2016
Wike is a failure!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Declares Free BRT Rides, Toll On Christmas, New Year Days / 25 Largest Cities/urban Areas In Nigeria By Landmass / Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project 90% Complete - FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.