Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,074 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:26 AM

7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches (49664 Views)

78 Private Universities Ready To Resume - Nwajiuba, Education Minister Of State / Photo Of First Primary School In Nigeria, Established in 1865 / FG Approves Six New Private Universities (names) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by vivaciousvivi(f): 10:50am On Nov 18, 2016
MAU! My Alma mata, I see you cheesy
Miss uni days small jare.
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by phkka1(m): 10:51am On Nov 18, 2016
You can now see the level they have reduced the work of God to. The most annoying thing is that most of the owners passed through missionary schools free of charge. Judgement will start from the house of God. They are all aware of this fact.

1 Like

Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by airminem(f): 10:51am On Nov 18, 2016
ammyluv2002:
Being the most expensive doesn't make it SOUND especially in Nigeria.
You Are Right. Thats The Sad Truth
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by bulletproofmonk(m): 10:55am On Nov 18, 2016
Famouson:
I don't think things like this should be heard in churches... These school are way too expensive..I think Christians are losing it... How many expensive Muslim university do we have in Nigeria sef? I'm not trying to compare both religions, as I'm a Christian too.. May God help us.. These days everyone seems to be forgetting the core purpose of our creation. Most people are now running after earthly possession.. Ile aye, ile asan.

Al-Qalam University, Katsina
Crescent University, Abeokuta
Al Hikmah University, Ilorin
Fountain University, Oshogbo
etc.

1 Like

Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by Abee79(m): 10:55am On Nov 18, 2016
If you think education is expensive, try ignorance lipsrsealed
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by Lekewatt(m): 10:56am On Nov 18, 2016
I beg, after all ds spending, se dem go give una job? After all d gragra, na d same labour market una go still enter grin
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by bulletproofmonk(m): 10:56am On Nov 18, 2016
Nipplesfreak:

...Glorified secondary schools

Yet they get jobs faster than some of you

2 Likes

Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by bet9ja(m): 10:57am On Nov 18, 2016
The last time i checked, none of this glorified university is on top 10 in Africa.
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by Koolking(m): 10:58am On Nov 18, 2016
Come to think of it, the general overseers of these schools had FREE (world class) education courtesy of the Catholic Church, The Lutheran Church, and other Orthodox churches.

Their own way of giving back to members of their churches who contributed fund to build the schools is to charge cut-throat fees for quality education.

Nigerians and slave-master mentality. SMH

1 Like

Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by mmmustapha(m): 10:59am On Nov 18, 2016
angry

Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by lesaug: 11:01am On Nov 18, 2016
you can Imagine
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by Owojuyi(f): 11:04am On Nov 18, 2016
EdifiedCEO:
In Nigeria, many churches are into the educational sector, so it is not strange to see churches build schools, either primary schools, secondary or even institutions of higher learning. What is strange however is the fact that most of these institutions which turn out to be private universities, turn around and charge fees that are well out of the reach of the average Nigerian.

Here are 7 schools built by churches with high tuition fees

1. Bowen university

Bowen University is owned and operated by the Nigerian Baptist Convention. Located at Iwo in Osun state it is housed on the campus of the Baptist College which is a teacher-training institution just outside the city of Iwo. For Bowen university their school fees are as follows: – For students in B.A. and B. Sc. Programmes, a minimum of N300, 000 must be paid from the session fees in the first semester before registration. – For students in the law faculty, a minimum of N 500,000 must be paid from the session fees in the first semester before registration. – For students in the medicine and surgery department (pre-clinical), all fees and levies must be fully paid at the beginning of the first semester while a minimum of N 800,000 must be paid before registration. – For students in the medicine and surgery department (clinical), all fees and levies must be fully paid at the beginning of the first semester while a minimum of N 1,000,000 must be paid before registration.

2. Covenant university

Covenant University is a private Christian university and a member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities. It is located in Ota, Ogun state, Nigeria. For Covenant university the school fees ranges from N774, 500 for courses such as Banking and Finance, Economic and Development studies, Business management and so on to N814,000 for engineering programmes and Architecture.

3. Benson Idahosa university

The Benson Idahosa University (BIU) is a private, Christian university in Benin City. It was named in honour of Archbishop Benson Idahosa, a charismatic Pentecostal minister from Benin and the university reflects his evangelical beliefs. At Benson Idahosa University, students of Agriculture pay the lowest fees, which is N278, 000 per session in their final year, while students of law pay as much as N1, 150, 000 in their first year and N643, 800 by their final year. Mathematics students pay N583, 000 per session.

4. Babcock university

Babcock University is a private Christian co-educational Nigerian university owned and operated by the Seventh-day Adventist church in Nigeria. In Babcock university, education program students pay the lowest school fees which is N244,000 per session, while the highest paying students are Accounting, Nursing science and Computer science students who pay as much as N482,000 in their first year alone.

5. Redeemer’s University

Redeemer’s University was established in 2005, and it is owned by the Redeemed Christian Church of God. It is located at Ede, off Gbongan-Oshogbo Road, Osun state, Nigeria. At Redeemer’s university, admission fees alone run into N110, 000 in the first year. With tuition fees and other fees running into N695, 000 in the first year alone.

6. Ajayi Crowther

Ajayi Crowther University is located in Oyo state, Nigeria. The university was established by the Supra Diocesan Board, West of the Church of Nigeria popularly known as the Anglican Communion. The faculty of humanities in the Ajayi Crother University pays as much as N395, 000 per session and it happens to be the lowest. The faculty of law students pay N690, 000 in tuition fees every session.

7. Madonna University

Madonna University is a private catholic university in Nigeria. It was founded on May 10, 1999 in Okija, Anambra state. In Madonna, medicine students pay as much as N925, 000 in their first year’s first semester alone. In the second semester they pay N575, 000, which brings the total they pay in their first year to about N1, 490, 000.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/11/7-of-most-expensive-private.html

Please get your facts right on Babcock, Bowen and Redeemer's... I can't say for odas but get ur facts right.

1 Like

Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by Felixtuta(m): 11:05am On Nov 18, 2016
This is one thing I hate about today's Church..!

They built those school with both the rich and poor members money in their various churches.

Now the school is ready and yet the poor among them can not go to same school they and their parents contributed in building.

Don't know what part of the Bible that gave them such rights.

Rubbish!!!
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by esmarcq(m): 11:05am On Nov 18, 2016
EdifiedCEO:
In Nigeria, many churches are into the educational sector, so it is not strange to see churches build schools, either primary schools, secondary or even institutions of higher learning. What is strange however is the fact that most of these institutions which turn out to be private universities, turn around and charge fees that are well out of the reach of the average Nigerian.

1. Bowen university

Bowen University is owned and operated by the Nigerian Baptist Convention. Located at Iwo in Osun state it is housed on the campus of the Baptist College which is a teacher-training institution just outside the city of Iwo. For Bowen university their school fees are as follows: – For students in B.A. and B. Sc. Programmes, a minimum of N300, 000 must be paid from the session fees in the first semester before registration. – For students in the law faculty, a minimum of N 500,000 must be paid from the session fees in the first semester before registration. – For students in the medicine and surgery department (pre-clinical), all fees and levies must be fully paid at the beginning of the first semester while a minimum of N 800,000 must be paid before registration. – For students in the medicine and surgery department (clinical), all fees and levies must be fully paid at the beginning of the first semester while a minimum of N 1,000,000 must be paid before registration.

2. Covenant university

Covenant University is a private Christian university and a member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities. It is located in Ota, Ogun state, Nigeria. For Covenant university the school fees ranges from N774, 500 for courses such as Banking and Finance, Economic and Development studies, Business management and so on to N814,000 for engineering programmes and Architecture.

The Benson Idahosa University (BIU) is a private, Christian university in Benin City. It was named in honour of Archbishop Benson Idahosa, a charismatic Pentecostal minister from Benin and the university reflects his evangelical beliefs. At Benson Idahosa University, students of Agriculture pay the lowest fees, which is N278, 000 per session in their final year, while students of law pay as much as N1, 150, 000 in their first year and N643, 800 by their final year. Mathematics students pay N583, 000 per session.

4. Babcock university

Babcock University is a private Christian co-educational Nigerian university owned and operated by the Seventh-day Adventist church in Nigeria. In Babcock university, education program students pay the lowest school fees which is N244,000 per session, while the highest paying students are Accounting, Nursing science and Computer science students who pay as much as N482,000 in their first year alone.

5. Redeemer’s University

Redeemer’s University was established in 2005, and it is owned by the Redeemed Christian Church of God. It is located at Ede, off Gbongan-Oshogbo Road, Osun state, Nigeria. At Redeemer’s university, admission fees alone run into N110, 000 in the first year. With tuition fees and other fees running into N695, 000 in the first year alone.

6. Ajayi Crowther

Ajayi Crowther University is located in Oyo state, Nigeria. The university was established by the Supra Diocesan Board, West of the Church of Nigeria popularly known as the Anglican Communion. The faculty of humanities in the Ajayi Crother University pays as much as N395, 000 per session and it happens to be the lowest. The faculty of law students pay N690, 000 in tuition fees every session.

7. Madonna University

Madonna University is a private catholic university in Nigeria. It was founded on May 10, 1999 in Okija, Anambra state. In Madonna, medicine students pay as much as N925, 000 in their first year’s first semester alone. In the second semester they pay N575, 000, which brings the total they pay in their first year to about N1, 490, 000.

why can't I find Bingham University here
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by bid4rich(m): 11:07am On Nov 18, 2016
[size=16pt]Nobody is invited as you are free to go somewhere else.... Why nagging over school fees? Its a business. No one ever establish a business with a mind to be on a negative all year round. You either admit/accept it or try others.

All I know is that "my children MUST go to a better school" where they teach morals, no matter the cost.

May God help me with the fund. Amen[/size]

2 Likes

Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by saudyarmani(m): 11:16am On Nov 18, 2016
If education is EXPENSIVE....try IGNORANCE[color=#006600][/color][b][/b]
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by teepha: 11:16am On Nov 18, 2016
Hmm nawa o
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by tosyne2much(m): 11:18am On Nov 18, 2016
jamex93:
Salvation is free but u have to buy Bible
Hahahaha na so baba cheesy
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by buffalowings: 11:18am On Nov 18, 2016
Famouson:
I don't think things like this should be heard in churches... These school are way too expensive..I think Christians are losing it... How many expensive Muslim university do we have in Nigeria sef? I'm not trying to compare both religions, as I'm a Christian too.. May God help us.. These days everyone seems to be forgetting the core purpose of our creation. Most people are now running after earthly possession.. Ile aye, ile asan.

Muslim university?
I laf in spiritual powers
They would rather build madrassas to train the next terrorists.
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by Dee60: 11:19am On Nov 18, 2016
How much do you expect a good professor to earn in a year? N600,000?
I think thats how much a primary school teacher should earn in good times. University education is expensive - to hire profs, build labs, sponsor research etc. Church is not government! Their universities should at least meet the cost of running them.

Freeby mentality is very unprodutive!

5 Likes

Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by Eladua(m): 11:19am On Nov 18, 2016
Owojuyi:

Please get your facts right on Babcock, Bowen and Redeemer's... I can't say for odas but get ur facts right.

Please tell him o, Babcock 244k.... I laff

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by teepha: 11:19am On Nov 18, 2016
abi o
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by olaztek(m): 11:21am On Nov 18, 2016
Christianity- the religion of business.
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by eshic(f): 11:22am On Nov 18, 2016
CeeJay9ja:
Madonna is not a catholic university. It is owner by an ex- catholic priest

what do you mean by ex Catholic priest.is father edeh no longer Catholic priest

1 Like

Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by rhektor(m): 11:22am On Nov 18, 2016
Famouson:

You can as well answer yourself.
Missionary schools will be expensive because they offer quality and not quantity.
They pay their bills from tuition fees remember?
Have you and others who think missionary schools should be free or less expensive thought of the running cost?
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by tosyne2much(m): 11:22am On Nov 18, 2016
No be say I dey beef because I no fit afford these fees ooooo, but disappointed that none of these universities with enormous fees will ever rank top 5 in Africa let alone top 1, 000 in the world. No matter how a lizard feeds, it can never evolve into a crocodile

Any sane parents will rather add to that money and send their children to reputable universities with similar fees such as university of Pectoral, Johannesburg, South Africa and the likes

To each his own opinion

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by KanayoIkeh(m): 11:22am On Nov 18, 2016
And so what? I find that majority of people that talk about this issue are not even members of the churches. You haven't contributed nothing in building the schools. Abi is the school illegal And so what? Nobody is forcing you to send your wards to any of the schools or to go there yourself. So what's your own?

For the records (in case of quoters), I'm not a member of any of the listed churches and I went to a Federal owned Uni.
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by Eladua(m): 11:24am On Nov 18, 2016
No one forced anyone to go there, it is by choice. So because they are owned by churches, they should collect normal state university fees. So how will they maintain the institution, pay the lecturers. No fund from government unlike the fed and state schools.

Inferiority complex will just make some people wake up and write rubbish.

When you have the money, don't give your children the best.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by Famouson: 11:25am On Nov 18, 2016
bulletproofmonk:

Al-Qalam University, Katsina
Crescent University, Abeokuta
Al Hikmah University, Ilorin
Fountain University, Oshogbo
etc.
School fees combined might not even be up to Babcock alone..
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by emmasege: 11:26am On Nov 18, 2016
schoolhelpng:
Am baptist and am proud to be but still I still don't know why missionary schools are so expensive these days...
Am also one. I don't think the churches are to blame. The reason for decline in the state of public universities is attributable to poor funding by their owners. If federal universities were to pay salaries and obtain maintenance cost from school fees paid by students & run the school @ international standard , the cheapest course in most universities would be around one million naira. Isn't that the reason ASUU are perpetually embarking on strike in spite of the fact that Government pays their salaries? Running a university to an acceptable standard goes beyond salary payment.

Since you claim to be a Baptist, are you aware members still support the university in many ways in spite of the "outrageous" school fees being paid by students? Bowen tuition fees can't run the school efficiently. And don't be surprised if you found out that Winners Chapel founder and members also support Covenant University to keep the university going.
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by dermmy(m): 11:26am On Nov 18, 2016
firstking01:
Funny thing is, the coy that will employ them after graduation and spending all these millions on just school fees won't pay them such money...isn't that ridiculous??

Thank God i'm not the only one thinking about this.
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by Customer80: 11:27am On Nov 18, 2016
EdifiedCEO:

1. Bowen university

2. Covenant university

4. Babcock university

5. Redeemer’s University

6. Ajayi Crowther

7. Madonna University
n

..Madonna University is a private catholic university k?moin Nigeria. It was founded on May 10, 1999 in olol
Okija, Anambra state. In Madonna, medicine students pay as much as N925, 000 in their first year’s first 8osemester alone. In the second semester they pay N575, 000, which brings the total they pay in their first year to about N1, 490, 000.

Madonna university is not owned by Catholic Church but owned by Rev Fr Edeh always get your information right.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governor Akeredolu Rehabilitates OAUSTECH Abandoned For 8 Years (Photos) / Bad Things You Did In Secondary School? / 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.