Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,660 members, 7,813,225 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:55 AM

7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches (49665 Views)

78 Private Universities Ready To Resume - Nwajiuba, Education Minister Of State / Photo Of First Primary School In Nigeria, Established in 1865 / FG Approves Six New Private Universities (names) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by rhektor(m): 11:29am On Nov 18, 2016
All these nonsense about missionary schools should stop please, quacks everywhere, how is this a news? How much are state owned school charging?
How much do you all want the missionary schools to charge? Public Schools like Osun state University, Lagos state University, Olabisi Onabanjo University ago Iwoye (formerly Ogun State University) etc charges expensive fees. Meanwhile, all these missionary schools offer far more than those state owned schools. Nobody would raise an eyebrow. State schools which are always overcrowded are changing expensive fees, you people won't complain. All these hungry bloggers are out there just to ridicule the Christian faith however, many gullible Christians will take it in as much as their church is not mentioned it is OK.
Mtchewwwwwwwww

3 Likes

Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by Shafiiimran99: 11:32am On Nov 18, 2016
Those pastors do claim that they have power to solve someone else financial problem but from the amount they are demanding for now, one can see that their own problem is even more than financial problem and they are nothing but fake. Yoruba talk say "eni ti o ba fe funi aso ti ore ni a ma koko wo"
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by Eladua(m): 11:35am On Nov 18, 2016
dermmy:

Thank God i'm not the only one thinking about this.

Have you also thought of those that schooled abroad, do you think companies can pay the millions they paid as fees. You don't just compare like that
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by uzuede4(f): 11:50am On Nov 18, 2016
ammyluv2002:
Being the most expensive doesn't make it SOUND especially in Nigeria.
Excellent reply.
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by Nellybii: 11:51am On Nov 18, 2016
jtjohn:
Some Nigerians can be very funny. I saw these abbreviations somewhere and it caught my attention.
Look at them .......
NAIRA - Never Allow Igbos Rule Again
PHCN - Problem Has Changed Name
HAUSA - House Animals Using Seat of Authority
APC - Association of Past Criminals
NYSC - Now Your Struggles Continues
PDP - People Deceiving People
PHD - Pull Him Down
MTN - Maintain Total Nonsense
ABACHA - After Babangida Another Criminal Has Arrived
NEPA - Never Expect Power Always
BUHARI - Brought Unnecessary Hardship Among Reasonable Individuals.

Obviously we know the only set of people that can author these sort of nonsense judging from the contents. Apart from the fact that this is childish and ill-conceived, it also derails the thread. Therefore the mods should do the needful.

1 Like

Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by MChaze25(m): 11:53am On Nov 18, 2016
Lol. universities indeeed
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by uzuede4(f): 11:53am On Nov 18, 2016
Motun03:
Church is the new business sector wink
Na you talk am finish. smiley
Motun03:
Church is the new business sector wink
Na you talk am finish.

1 Like

Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by CeeJay9ja(m): 11:55am On Nov 18, 2016
eshic:

what do you mean by ex Catholic priest.is father edeh no longer Catholic priest

Yes
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by joenor(m): 11:56am On Nov 18, 2016
You try
jtjohn:
Some Nigerians can be very funny. I saw these abbreviations somewhere and it caught my attention.
Look at them .......
NAIRA - Never Allow Igbos Rule Again
PHCN - Problem Has Changed Name
HAUSA - House Animals Using Seat of Authority
APC - Association of Past Criminals
NYSC - Now Your Struggles Continues
PDP - People Deceiving People
PHD - Pull Him Down
MTN - Maintain Total Nonsense
ABACHA - After Babangida Another Criminal Has Arrived
NEPA - Never Expect Power Always
BUHARI - Brought Unnecessary Hardship Among Reasonable Individuals.
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by madecity(m): 12:00pm On Nov 18, 2016
Still lukin for bingham university on d list..d lowest dia pays about 400k
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by Chartey(m): 12:05pm On Nov 18, 2016
Where's AUN, ABUAD and Bingham?? This op no know what's up o?
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by teebillz: 12:05pm On Nov 18, 2016
Famouson:
I don't think things like this should be heard in churches... These school are way too expensive..I think Christians are losing it... How many expensive Muslim university do we have in Nigeria sef? I'm not trying to compare both religions, as I'm a Christian too.. May God help us.. These days everyone seems to be forgetting the core purpose of our creation. Most people are now running after earthly possession.. Ile aye, ile asan.

How many muslim schools do we even have?
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by Lilimax(f): 12:07pm On Nov 18, 2016
CeeJay9ja:
Madonna is not a catholic university. It is owner by an ex- catholic priest
undecided undecided
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by danidee10(m): 12:10pm On Nov 18, 2016
They're all uselessly useless

Especially Madonna university.

I won't even allow my enemy go to that school angry angry
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by Image123(m): 12:12pm On Nov 18, 2016
schoolhelpng:
Am baptist and am proud to be but still I still don't know why missionary schools are so expensive these days...

You should know why. Education is not cheap and was never cheap. Where it appears to be, some people somewhere pay for and subsidize it.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by babajeje123(m): 12:18pm On Nov 18, 2016
Famouson:
I don't think things like this should be heard in churches... These school are way too expensive..I think Christians are losing it... How many expensive Muslim university do we have in Nigeria sef? I'm not trying to compare both religions, as I'm a Christian too.. May God help us.. These days everyone seems to be forgetting the core purpose of our creation. Most people are now running after earthly possession.. Ile aye, ile asan.
Before washing your dirty linen outside, ask your self if these muslim universities can compete with these schools in any standard. I am a Christian and an Educator too. To get the best and quality education, you have to pay for it.
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by bulletproofmonk(m): 12:19pm On Nov 18, 2016
Famouson:
School fees combined might not even be up to Babcock alone..

Is that a statement of fact or an assumption?
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by Owojuyi(f): 12:19pm On Nov 18, 2016
Eladua:

Please tell him o, Babcock 244k.... I laff

As in...he no even try
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by ajasa4link: 12:26pm On Nov 18, 2016
Naijaboiy1:
[b]I don't really have a problem with some of these universities and their high fees because some of them are actually worth it (don't wanna go into details). But my problem is with the secondary schools. How can a secondary school charge up to a million naira or close to that for just a school session.

Now I'm wondering if they get automatic passes to any tertiary institution of their choice as a result of such high staked fees. After my secondary school I still wrote JAMB & WAEC like every other ss3 student irrespective of whatever fees we all paid and it didn't make the exams easier for those of us paying high. We still had to read and pass like every other student in public schools.

But then again, there is always everything for the rich, poor and average man. I don't think a person who can afford such fees will take his child(ren) to schools where the fees are lower if not for anything but for his status in the society amongst other reasons.

If I were a billionaire today I'd do the same.
[/b]

I had this same discussion with a colleague last week. Though I attended a public school where I passed my SSCE and JAMB just like every other serious student did, but I must tell you the standard of Education in those expensive secondary schools cannot be compared to what you have in the average secondary school.

These are schools where they prepare their students for SAT,TOEFL,GRE and other foreign examinations that can secure their students admission in Ivy league universities.

Though there are enough intelligent students in government schools that can challenge the students of these expensive universities when it comes to academics, but believe me those schools mould you to be much more than just a bookworm. They mould students who can speak out and be heard in the public without fear of intimidation. Am talking about schools like Corona,Dowen college, Atlantic hall etc. I mean these schools' extra curricular activities alone gives the students a chance for them to express themselves and be what they want to be instead of the usual future Doctor, Engineer,Lawyer etc wish every average student has because of the way the society is structured.

Imagine the first son of my Chairman just travelled to UK to study how to draw Cartoon. The boy is following his passion which is one of the privilege of being exposed to a good secondary education.

Sincerely if I have my way, I wouldn't mind enrolling my wards in such schools when the time comes

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by amokeme(f): 12:27pm On Nov 18, 2016
Lol,
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by Nobody: 12:28pm On Nov 18, 2016
I LAFF AT FOLLOWERS OF FOREIGN RELIGION
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by nzechidi: 12:31pm On Nov 18, 2016
Just immergin, all missionary universities are expensive and the Islamic universities are cheap...now tell me,who is doing it right?...... Christianity from white men are dangerous....am looking unto God...i
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by Naijaboiy1: 12:32pm On Nov 18, 2016
ajasa4link:

I had this same discussion with a colleague last week. Though I attended a public school where I passed my SSCE and JAMB just like every other serious student did, but I must tell you the standard of Education in those expensive secondary schools cannot be compared to what you have in the average secondary school.

These are schools where they prepare their students for SAT,TOEFL,GRE and other foreign examinations that can secure their students admission in Ivy league universities.

Though there are enough intelligent students in government schools that can challenge the students of these expensive universities when it comes to academics, but believe me those schools mould you to be much more than just a bookworm. They mould students who can speak out and be heard in the public without fear of intimidation. Am talking about schools like Corona,Dowen college, Atlantic hall etc. I mean these schools' extra curricular activities alone gives the students a chance for them to express themselves and be what they want to be instead of the usual future Doctor, Engineer,Lawyer etc wish every average student has because of the way the society is structured.

Imagine the first son of my Chairman just travelled to UK to study how to draw Cartoon. The boy is following his passion which is one of the privilege of being exposed to a good secondary education.

Sincerely if I have my way, I wouldn't mind enrolling my wards in such schools when the time comes
You're very right mahn! And if I happen to have such amount of wealth I wouldn't hesitate to enrol my kids in those schools.

A sound education is not actually that "CHEAP" as people expect it to be. It's only BASIC education that's cheap and should be affordable for everyone.
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by Nobody: 12:33pm On Nov 18, 2016
Point of correction, please.

These are not missionary schools. The primary purpose of a missionary school is evangelism: to draw people to Jesus Christ.

These are business centres. To rake money into the church. The financial need of the church is rising astronomically by the day. And the business men in charge of these churches need to device another money-making avenue.

This is church business. And our pastors are astute business men.

E ku ise Oluwa! grin grin grin
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by symbianDON(m): 12:38pm On Nov 18, 2016
agreed that members contributed for these schools to be established. the question however, is, are members contributing for the daily day to day running of the schools? are members still contributing towards continuous development of the schools? more so, tertiary education isn't cheap as it involves plenty of funding. I still don't think these fees are outrageous.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by Jonskata(m): 12:39pm On Nov 18, 2016
Waoooooow, this is something els, how will the members of those churches afford to send their children there.

Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by abbeyty(m): 12:46pm On Nov 18, 2016
Even if they all charge less than pubic uni, i will still choose public universities over any of these so called private universities. I only blame our government for this fast growing of private university in Nigeria, they should invest in quality Education so that our lectures would stop going on strike and the students wont spend 7 years on 4 years course due to constant strike action
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by Akinaukwa: 12:47pm On Nov 18, 2016
Does the fees guarantee heaven or what?
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by FakoMaybach1: 12:54pm On Nov 18, 2016
madonna is not a catholic school
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by genuinechimere(m): 1:09pm On Nov 18, 2016
before they start spreading unverified info from a credible source. Rev. Fr Edeh is still a Catholic priest.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governor Akeredolu Rehabilitates OAUSTECH Abandoned For 8 Years (Photos) / Bad Things You Did In Secondary School? / 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.