Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,969 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? - Music/Radio (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? (51251 Views)

Afrima Award: Tiwa Savage Wins The Best Female Artiste In West Africa / The Nigerian Music Industry Is Heavily Funded By Yahoo Boys- Iamsynord / Before You Sign A New Artiste In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by emprorfk(m): 10:10pm On Nov 20, 2016
9ice

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by Opiletool(m): 10:10pm On Nov 20, 2016
calliope:

Obviously her name does commands respect but for just a few lot. Despite her meaningful and dope lyrical content. most Nigerians tags her songs as old- fashioned and boring.#fact And it makes me wonder why?

Don't wonder too far. IMO, I think most people don't think too deep. They hate doing so. To them it brings sorrow and sadness. They just want to live for today and worry less. Reason why there are so many problems unattended to. No one to think deeply enough to solve them. And the few that try gets pulled down.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by An0nimus: 10:11pm On Nov 20, 2016
Youngtrice:
LOL. you live in Benin?? or Johnny drills has gotten to where you are?

Johnny Drille is every where now. I like his songs, though I don't consider him underated. Upcoming is a better term. Dude will do fine with the folk thing. At least to those of us who love that kind of music.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Nov 20, 2016
2baba
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by fiyin47(m): 10:13pm On Nov 20, 2016
Sugar boy

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by Reddington(m): 10:14pm On Nov 20, 2016
AkinPhysicist:
cool

Dear Brymo, I love your works but naming your album "klitoris" is unbrymolike. Haba. Nairalanders will soon rename it "cucumber"
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by cruzydal(m): 10:18pm On Nov 20, 2016
KingRexUb:
i tink shay dee is underated in d industry
God bless your mum... Shaydee is the most underrated.. That's guys voice na die.. Sound realer Dan wandecoals own..
yung6ix too is underrated
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by SycophanticGoat: 10:21pm On Nov 20, 2016
haryomikun:

His career was already nurtured bro. Trust me. 2008-2013 of good music no be beans oh.

I don't know why he just went down the drain walahi

It's simple.. He started going south after the Wande - Don Jazzy debacle..
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by trevorhorace(m): 10:23pm On Nov 20, 2016
A worthy mention also should be young6ix. The bro got bars, timing and delivery mehn. Just listen to 'lights' or 'blessings'. To me he's one of best rappers in Africa. Only if he gat more publicity. Tuale Mr 6.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by profmsboi(m): 10:24pm On Nov 20, 2016
Opiletool:

Seriki Ko, Ashipa ni. Like some of his songs though.

But them still dey underrate the guy...
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by kingtarget(m): 10:24pm On Nov 20, 2016
Brymo songs are dope, #when you fall# #Goodmorning# ThankGod we still have artist like him, some times his massage help me over come a hectic days.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by toprealman: 10:26pm On Nov 20, 2016
Airforce1:

I get over 125 mentions every day on nairaland and it makes me If wonder I was the only guy on nairaland.

Hmmm

Keep hyping yaself.
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by Opiletool(m): 10:28pm On Nov 20, 2016
Reddington:

Dear Brymo, I love your works but naming your album "klitoris" is unbrymolike. Haba. Nairalanders will soon rename it "cucumber"

clitoris is an organ that stimulates pleasure in a woman. I believe the idea to name it klitoris is metaphorical and a subtle way to take the mind of the people from the indecency by replacing the letter 'c'with 'k'. The album is to bring pleasure, serenity and relax the mind. And trust me, it truly did all that to those that appreciate music for art sake. view it from the point of poetry.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Nov 20, 2016
seunny4lif:

Lol
Against the rule ke ?
How ?
Me am not understanding grin
How your package?

Which package sad

You haven't answered my question undecided
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by MichaelSokoto(m): 10:31pm On Nov 20, 2016
2SWT:
airforce1
ehn?
who dash monkey banana? angry
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by Girlbestfriend(f): 10:33pm On Nov 20, 2016
trevorhorace:
A worthy mention also should be young6ix. The bro got bars, timing and delivery mehn. Just listen to 'lights' or 'blessings'. To me he's one of best rappers in Africa. Only if he gat more publicity. Tuale Mr 6.

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by MichaelSokoto(m): 10:33pm On Nov 20, 2016
2SWT:
people are popular for different reasons , while some are known for their useful contribution to the society, some are known for their stupidity

I guess you know where you belong
*faints*
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by seunny4lif(m): 10:33pm On Nov 20, 2016
ellacute45:

Which package sad

You haven't answered my question undecided
Your school?
Which question?
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by Rick9(m): 10:36pm On Nov 20, 2016
2SWT:
people are popular for different reasons , while some are known for their useful contribution to the society, some are known for their stupidity

mean

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Nov 20, 2016
seunny4lif:

Your school?
Which question?

Metchwwww school kee angry

That studienkolleg ish hard gaan cry

Man must be well prepared before writing the entrance test grin

So how are u preparing

Thought you are interested in going to studienkolleg
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by slimbj: 10:38pm On Nov 20, 2016
It's sound sultan for me.
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by Rick9(m): 10:39pm On Nov 20, 2016
Vector
Jesse Jagz
Wande Coal
Eva
Dare Art Alade
Timi Dakolo
Asa
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by helovesme(f): 10:41pm On Nov 20, 2016
incredible6:

I came here to see this.

Chop knuckles

You sef chop knuckle.

Jesse is seriously underrated.
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by woodboi(m): 10:46pm On Nov 20, 2016
Brymo my guy... my friends would say you are d only one listening to this guy songs. While man-u and arsenal was playing yesterday, I gently load my brymo from MDS, Tabula Rasa, Klitoris and Son of d Carpenter with extras such as Drifting, Change, Duro, In d City as I watch d game.... Brymo is obviously one of the best, he need to work on his management team and listen to advice as well.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by cuteralph101(m): 10:50pm On Nov 20, 2016
Opiletool:
Left to me I would pick Brymo. This guy is just amazing. His voice is unique and his delivery top notch. Sadly this guy is underappreciated for his amazing works. There is hardly a song from him without a soul-touching message, unlike the noises being celebrated as music and constantly thrown to our faces this days.

His recent work 'klitoris', to me, should go down as one of the best musical works birthed by the Nigerian Music Industry. After listening to tracks like Billion naira dream, Let's make love, Naked, Mirage, Something good is happening ,Dem dey go (A reference to Nigerian situation), Alajo Shomolu, I was forced to visit his previous works. I had no option than to place him in the calibre of Asa, one of the natural artiste we have left.

Another artiste worthy of my mention is Nosa. His track 'pray for you' is one of my favourite.
Timaya Tecno etc
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by seunny4lif(m): 10:52pm On Nov 20, 2016
ellacute45:

Metchwwww school kee angry

That studienkolleg ish hard gaan cry

Man must be well prepared before writing the entrance test grin

So how are u preparing

Thought you are interested in going to studienkolleg
Yes
Why you come vex grin
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by Angelsss(f): 10:52pm On Nov 20, 2016
1- Praiz
2- Dare arts Alade
3- ASA
4- Cobham's
5- Timi Dakolo
6- Niyola
7- young g6
8- Nneka
9- Sound Sultan
10- Jesse jags
Some of them may not be "underrated" but they all make meaningful music.
Very meaningful, but trust Nigerians, we love fast beats, it helps us pull through, keeps us from getting depressed, most loud songs always have this element of hope, that things would get better one day.
E,g Ojuolegba, Agege, Dami duro, E.t,c

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Nov 20, 2016
seunny4lif:

Yes
Why you come vex grin

The thing is taking longer than I expected embarassed cry
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by KingsleyTMTTM(m): 10:53pm On Nov 20, 2016
stop sayin wande coal he went from a-list artist to c-class he did that to himself.
jux as ice-prince went to rapping to singing when sarkodie came.

brymo and burna boy are the only underated guys in the industry, Nigerians dont appreciate their music. the others including ur erriga and co are just cheap clones of the same stuff we hear daily

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by Dreydoe(m): 10:54pm On Nov 20, 2016
oseiwe:

The guy no gree enter lagos, he dey dream big for small warri, all those local warri shows cant blow him
just so u know..Eriga don stay my street 4 lagos..im na im label den..(dnt knw now) buh dem no reaxh 1yr b4 dem run
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by Caseless: 10:55pm On Nov 20, 2016
2SWT:

shut da fvck up, hag! If he "blows" tomorrow, na people like you de lick him azz.
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by seunny4lif(m): 10:56pm On Nov 20, 2016
grin grin
You are still young joor
ellacute45:

The thing is taking longer than I expected embarassed cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

"One Corner" Dance Hits Nigeria (video) / “I Win Big Brother, Them Wan Finish Me…” – Efe Says In His Latest Song (Video) / Download Best Reggae Mix (classic Djkaysee)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.