Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,983 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? - Music/Radio (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? (51252 Views)

Afrima Award: Tiwa Savage Wins The Best Female Artiste In West Africa / The Nigerian Music Industry Is Heavily Funded By Yahoo Boys- Iamsynord / Before You Sign A New Artiste In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by mohciz69(m): 9:31pm On Nov 20, 2016
Its Brymo any day

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by AsapBentley: 9:31pm On Nov 20, 2016
you took the words right out of my mouth, Klitoris is the greatest nigerian album this year, all the songs are deep and spiritual! If there is any justice, the album should pick up at least 2 awards at the headies.
Opiletool:
Left to me I would pick Brymo. This guy is just amazing. His voice is unique and his delivery top notch. Sadly this guy is underappreciated for his amazing works. There is hardly a song from him without a soul-touching message, unlike the noises being celebrated as music and constantly thrown to our faces this days.

His recent work 'klitoris', to me, should go down as one of the best musical works birthed by the Nigerian Music Industry. After listening to tracks like Billion naira dream, Let's make love, Naked, Mirage, Something good is happening ,Dem dey go (A reference to Nigerian situation), Alajo Shomolu, I was forced to visit his previous works. I had no option than to place him in the calibre of Asa, one of the natural artiste we have left.

Another artiste worthy of my mention is Nosa. His track 'pray for you' is one of my favourite.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by lionlamb020(m): 9:31pm On Nov 20, 2016
Danfo driver cheesy and probably azadus grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by heezey(m): 9:32pm On Nov 20, 2016
Brymo is indeed one of the most underrated musicians in the Nigerian music industry.
He is simply brilliant. A music genius.
Have you listened to "In the city" by Brymo. The guy is simply amazing.
He is one of the few musicians that make me download Nigerian music

3 Likes

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by Opiletool(m): 9:32pm On Nov 20, 2016
profmsboi:
Seriki
Seriki Ko, Ashipa ni. Like some of his songs though.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by Opiletool(m): 9:34pm On Nov 20, 2016
bragxz:
The most underrated is my own Olawale ashimi AKA Brymo.. My friends are already complaining koz I don't play any oda music in my car except Brymo songs.. his most unless track wld hav d best message in Africa
Clear road for my Brymo abeg,
Talent-e dey
wisdom/sense-edey
Voice ---- e dey
Everything -- e dey..
If naija no see am, d world go see am.1day..

45 bottles of whatever you drink for you! confirm.
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by Handsomecole(m): 9:34pm On Nov 20, 2016
Mode Nine. Nigeria's Rap Legend. Underground hardcore lyricist.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by haryomikun(m): 9:36pm On Nov 20, 2016
orizon:

Try,make an effort to listen to brymo lyrics
I don't do lyrics. Am a DJ
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Nov 20, 2016
seunny4lif:

Who ?
Mir geht es gut cool cool

You are speaking German and it's against the rules

Anyways are you making any progress? ?

I mean studienkolleg things
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by AsapBentley: 9:37pm On Nov 20, 2016
that exactly is the reason why you would like brymo, none of those banalities, just beautiful and uplifting music reflecting our reality and suggesting hope at the same time!
gurunlocker:
I hate listening to those crap songs sing by Nigeria Hip Hop artists, senseless lyrics, shake bottom, I spend money, I go holiday for Miami... wetin concern me?..

Sadly, that's the song Nigerians love...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by haryomikun(m): 9:37pm On Nov 20, 2016
Clemsworld:
u get music sense that guy murdered WHO U EPP for Olamide. I'm looking forward to Blow with wande collabo shocked
Wagabyi bro. You're an artiste?
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Nov 20, 2016
AsapBentley:
you took the words right out of my mouth, Klitoris is the greatest nigerian album this year, all the songs are deep and spiritual! If there is any justice, the album should pick up at least 2 awards at the headies.

That headies awards is just nonsense.

Only popular artists are nominated.

aren't award shows suppose to bring awareness to good talent??

All they do is nominate Davido and lilkesh. that lil kesh guy is supposed to be banned from music.

6 Likes

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by haryomikun(m): 9:39pm On Nov 20, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

Wande relegated himself. He was doing excellently well under Don Jazzy but greed wouldn't let him nurture his career before leaving..
His career was already nurtured bro. Trust me. 2008-2013 of good music no be beans oh.

I don't know why he just went down the drain walahi
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by haryomikun(m): 9:40pm On Nov 20, 2016
Jobia:
you mean wande autotune coal?
Auto tune?

Check my last line abeg. I stated clearly if you don't know music don't argue with me please undecided
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by Opiletool(m): 9:40pm On Nov 20, 2016
AsapBentley:

I don't trust those awards jor. Make the guy find better promoter. And endorsement would be a compensation for his good works.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by haryomikun(m): 9:41pm On Nov 20, 2016
Joavid:

That headies awards is just nonsense.

Only popular artists are nominated.

aren't award shows suppose to bring awareness to good talent??

All they do is nominate Davido and lilkesh. that lil kesh guy is supposed to be banned from music.

You're speaking the truth. Awards are supposed to bring awareness to good talent. That's what the billboard awards do

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by OnPointMan(m): 9:41pm On Nov 20, 2016
Barble Jeezy now OBA A-Kind is the most under-rated

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Nov 20, 2016
haryomikun:

Auto tune?

Check my last line abeg. I stated clearly if you don't know music don't argue with me please undecided
i do know music, cant say the same for you undecided
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Nov 20, 2016
Adetayo41:
tru talk. bro. them too underated dat guy. he get rhymes.punchline. crious as i be yoruba boy,i prefer the guy pass olamide

but 1disadvantage. the guy too dey rake
Abeg Wetin be 'rake'
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by yedidiah(m): 9:46pm On Nov 20, 2016
Mode 9, Darey and Brymo. their music does t get the rep it deserve.
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Nov 20, 2016
haryomikun:

You're speaking the truth. Awards are supposed to bring awareness to good talent. That's what the billboard awards do

honestly am looking forward to the day a better award show I'll debut in Naija.

what we have here is just nonsense.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Nov 20, 2016
IpostStuff:
Abeg Wetin be 'rake'
screaming and shouting.
similar to how durela sings.
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by stamcy(m): 9:50pm On Nov 20, 2016
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by Thirdwrist(m): 9:50pm On Nov 20, 2016
Joavid:

honestly am looking forward to the day a better award show I'll debut in Naija.
what we have here is just nonsense.
You are right, they don't promote good music. Only crap.
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by Opiletool(m): 9:52pm On Nov 20, 2016
heezey:
Brymo is indeed one of the most underrated musicians in the Nigerian music industry.
He is simply brilliant. A music genius.
Have you listened to "In the city" by Brymo. The guy is simply amazing.
He is one of the few musicians that make me download Nigerian music

These lyrics from 'down' will forever remain in my memory
"dem say the priest
he Dey pray for the thief
sadaka for allah
blood for the spirits
people no bother
dm dey wait on the lord fa
rererun [meaning this is pathetic]"

That part is the unfortunate reflection of our society today. Our religious leaders mingle with the greedy politicians who stole the country dry, and will preach to us to keep on praying to God for financial help, when they get their own finances from the money allegedly stolen from we masses. Unfortunately we will keep on praying while they keep on stealing.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by Abu4shizo: 9:53pm On Nov 20, 2016
In summary, Brymo and Jessy jagz are the obviously underrated artiste in the industry.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by Katyusha(m): 9:53pm On Nov 20, 2016
1. BOJ
2. Brymo
3. Jesse jags
4. Shaydee
5. Beautiful Nubia

Johnny Drille?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by Thirdwrist(m): 9:56pm On Nov 20, 2016
Opiletool:

These lyrics from 'down' will forever remain in my memory
"dem say the priest
he Dey pray for the thief
sadaka for allah
blood for the spirits
people no bother
dm dey wait on the lord fa
rererun [meaning this is pathetic]"

That part is the unfortunate reflection of our society today. Our religious leaders mingle with the greedy politicians who stole the country dry, and will preach to us to keep on praying to God for financial help, when they get their own finances from the money allegedly stolen from we masses. Unfortunately we will keep on praying while they keep on stealing.

Have you seen the video? If you haven't check it out on YouTube, it's poetic.
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by Opiletool(m): 10:00pm On Nov 20, 2016
Thirdwrist:

Have you seen the video? If you haven't check it out on YouTube, it's poetic.

Yes I have. Dude is just too good.
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by calliope(f): 10:02pm On Nov 20, 2016
Opiletool:

Really? Asa has never being underrated. That name commands respect home and to some reasonable climes abroad.
Obviously her name does commands respect but for just a few lot. Despite her meaningful and dope lyrical content. most Nigerians tags her songs as old- fashioned and boring.#fact And it makes me wonder why?
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by purem(m): 10:02pm On Nov 20, 2016
Timi dakolo..... Dis guy dey sing lyk Americans and Im song geh beta minin unlyk all d rest

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by seunny4lif(m): 10:09pm On Nov 20, 2016
ellacute45:

You are speaking German and it's against the rules

Anyways are you making any progress? ?

I mean studienkolleg things
Lol
Against the rule ke ?
How ?
Me am not understanding grin
How your package?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

"One Corner" Dance Hits Nigeria (video) / “I Win Big Brother, Them Wan Finish Me…” – Efe Says In His Latest Song (Video) / Download Best Reggae Mix (classic Djkaysee)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.