Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:12 AM

Marriage Is Good For Your Health: Check These Facts - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage Is Good For Your Health: Check These Facts (25663 Views)

POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband / My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me / My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage Is Good For Your Health: Check These Facts by Nobody: 3:00am On Nov 19, 2016
Research says that marriage is good for an individual’s health because it has been found that married people live longer, enjoy a more satisfying sex life, have access to health care, experience less stress and have lower rates of heart disease, depression and diabetes compared with the single counterparts.

The studies also found out that while marriages are good for people, men and women do not get the equal or same benefits from a legally sanctioned relationship. For instance, while a man’s sex life is likely to improve after marriage compared with that of a woman’s, a woman’s risk for developing depression is likely to decrease compared with that of her partner’s.[/b][/color]

Take a look at these health benefits that being together can render.

Increased Life Span

Marriage provides one with the ultimate health benefit, which is that of living a longer life than the single counterparts. Married people, several studies have found, tend to have longer average life spans and are less likely to die at an early age. The longevity of life, however, is much stronger among husbands than wives.

Lowered risk of Diseases

A major reason why marriage may last long is that it lowers a person’s risk of developing serious diseases. The rates of heart diseases, diabetes, lung disease, Alzheimer’s and other chronic ailments are much lower in married people than in unmarried people. As far as diseases are concerned, the decreased is same for men and women.

Lowered Rates of Depression

Although a lot of people may complain that getting married was the worst decision that was ever made, companionship is known to be good for the mental health of men and women. Marriage also tends to stabilise episodes of depression in women with bipolar disorder. The trend, however, is absent in the case of men.

Reduced Stress

If you think that women experience more stress than men,then it is wrong.when individuals are given stressful tasks, men produce more of the stress hormone cortisol than women. For men, marriage is likely to curb stress response.

Better Sex Life

While it may seem otherwise, being in a strong relationship enhances sex life. Studies have found that married men have more sex than people. Who are dating or are single. Besides, married people report to have a more satisfying sex life than their counterparts. Unfortunately, women’s sex life is not as fulfilling as that of men’s sex life in marriage because they feel that they do not get the necessary appreciation that they should.

Even though marriage has healthful benefits for both men and women, it does not give a clean health bill. One has to make sure that he/she works towards building a better lifestyle for better health.

http://www.jeloser.info/2016/11/marriage-is-good-for-your-health-check.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Is Good For Your Health: Check These Facts by Nobody: 3:17am On Nov 19, 2016
Tha only Thing Marriage is Good For is Za Oza Room.... grin.. It is good for polishing cucumber

15 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Good For Your Health: Check These Facts by ayesco202(m): 3:30am On Nov 19, 2016
Maybe after the recession..

10 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Good For Your Health: Check These Facts by missvera(f): 5:48am On Nov 19, 2016
cool That is if you marry the right person.

86 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Marriage Is Good For Your Health: Check These Facts by hakeem4(m): 8:07am On Nov 19, 2016
H
Re: Marriage Is Good For Your Health: Check These Facts by veekid(m): 8:07am On Nov 19, 2016
Happney65 needs to see this; but wait o, who marriage epp sef?

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Good For Your Health: Check These Facts by mcocolok(m): 8:08am On Nov 19, 2016
Marrying the wrong person go turn the list around oooo

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marriage Is Good For Your Health: Check These Facts by Princelegacylemoha(m): 8:08am On Nov 19, 2016
Marriage is a beautiful thing
Getting Ready for Next year.
GETTING A GOD GIVEN WIFE AIN'T EASY
GOD HELP US ALL
ALL THE HARDWORKING, HONEST BACHELORS OUT THERE.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Is Good For Your Health: Check These Facts by Smellymouth: 8:08am On Nov 19, 2016

Marriage isn't the most important thing.

The most important thing is continued happiness..

If marriage is the main aim then everyone who has been married has reached the main goal..What are they doing now? Waiting to Die?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Is Good For Your Health: Check These Facts by MidasTouche01(m): 8:09am On Nov 19, 2016
I totally disagree....

If you marry the right person, u will be complete... but if u marry the wrong person u will be finished

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Is Good For Your Health: Check These Facts by PhatBG(m): 8:09am On Nov 19, 2016
OP, are you trying to be sarcastic or what? Imagine the irony.

Check my signature.
Re: Marriage Is Good For Your Health: Check These Facts by Nobody: 8:09am On Nov 19, 2016
For this Cucumber era ni

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marriage Is Good For Your Health: Check These Facts by Nobody: 8:09am On Nov 19, 2016
mcocolok:

Very true

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Good For Your Health: Check These Facts by Nobody: 8:10am On Nov 19, 2016
Time never reach naa....we go marry wen d time comes

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Good For Your Health: Check These Facts by shestrong(f): 8:10am On Nov 19, 2016
marriage is good for the health with the right person,na to get the right person b d main thing nw

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Good For Your Health: Check These Facts by ednut1(m): 8:11am On Nov 19, 2016
lies

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Good For Your Health: Check These Facts by Nobody: 8:11am On Nov 19, 2016
Ohhhh Lord Karashika!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Marriage Is Good For Your Health: Check These Facts by talktonase(m): 8:13am On Nov 19, 2016
mcocolok:
with the colony of divorcees all over the place like pure water nylon...I hear you tongue

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Good For Your Health: Check These Facts by Amobuilt(m): 8:14am On Nov 19, 2016
It is good when you marry the right person and disastrous when one settles with the wrong one. Never rush to marriage........shine your eyes.

It is good when you marry the right person and disastrous when one settles with the wrong one. Never rush to marriage........shine your eyes.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Good For Your Health: Check These Facts by PresVA: 8:14am On Nov 19, 2016
even without reading the write up, I totally agree... good marriage is very good for the health and wellbeing kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Good For Your Health: Check These Facts by powerfulsettingz: 8:15am On Nov 19, 2016
op u r talking about the benefit of s3x and not marriage

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Is Good For Your Health: Check These Facts by efilefun(m): 8:15am On Nov 19, 2016
grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Is Good For Your Health: Check These Facts by Pylony(m): 8:16am On Nov 19, 2016
With Recession marriages this days, i go tell you say this list is not viable any more. Na so so hiss you go dey hiss tire grin
Re: Marriage Is Good For Your Health: Check These Facts by Oblitz(m): 8:16am On Nov 19, 2016
grin
Re: Marriage Is Good For Your Health: Check These Facts by Pylony(m): 8:17am On Nov 19, 2016
Orezibb:
My friends git fatter and fresher after marriage
For this recession? Na wa o.. I dey suspect their boo to be politicians.
Re: Marriage Is Good For Your Health: Check These Facts by Kizyte(m): 8:19am On Nov 19, 2016
OK, who are we going to marry? No one is single, everyone is in a relationship

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Good For Your Health: Check These Facts by Nobody: 8:19am On Nov 19, 2016
Marriage is good for your health.

That is When you don't make mistake of Choice.
If you do then You'ld know Marriage is Hell, It won't be long when You'ld see your health deteriorate.

Make sure that you make sure that you are sure your choice is OK before Marriage.
Re: Marriage Is Good For Your Health: Check These Facts by hope4life: 8:21am On Nov 19, 2016
Justdulla:
Yeah your right.... Buh Unfortunately its not meant for errione

Who did the research?. Apart from a marriage on the solid rock of Christ where both fear and follow God, reverse of your findings is the case. Civilisation, westernisation and modernisation have worked against marriages more than ever with high rate of divorce skyrocketing.I do not want to scare you.Im married by God's grace. Take God along in your relationship if you dont want to regret it.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Good For Your Health: Check These Facts by flyca: 8:21am On Nov 19, 2016
OP, are you taking about marriage in Nigeria?
Why put two oyibo couple picture nah

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Good For Your Health: Check These Facts by Nobody: 8:25am On Nov 19, 2016
when they start paying salaries in marriage you inform me. i just dey enjoy my single life marriage nah VISION 2020

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Accuses Wife Of Carrying Strange Pregnancy (photo) / A 44 Year Old Father Of 5 Impregnates A Teenager In Delta / Why Do Most Nigerian Men Change Towards Their Wives After Having Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.