Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,159 members, 7,821,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

Atiku: "My Secondary School Students Better Than Public Universities Students" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku: "My Secondary School Students Better Than Public Universities Students" (36970 Views)

Mistakes Public Universities Students Make / Atiku: My Restructuring Does Not Involve Change In Current Sharing Of Oil Money / Atiku My Father Jailed For Not Sending Me To School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku: "My Secondary School Students Better Than Public Universities Students" by saintmark88(m): 4:57am On Nov 19, 2016
Former Vice President, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, has described graduates of Nigerian public universities as brainless, saying they cannot communicate in English with the students of his private secondary school, the American University of Nigeria (AUN) Academy.

Abubakar, who spoke on Thursday evening in Yola during his birthday celebration organised by the management of AUN, said public universities graduates cannot fit into private industries due to their poor education and character.

“I was in the University of Zik in Akwa in Anambra State on Wednesday on the invitation of the university. There is no student in public universities that can speak English in an error-free manner like the head boy of my secondary, who just finished addressing us now.

“When the head boy of AUN Academy, Abdullahi Sani, started speaking, I was thinking it is one of the lecturers in AUN, but only for him to introduce himself as the head boy of AUN Academy,” he stated.

Atiku said his ambition to establish AUN was to ensure that Nigeria produced graduates of high quality, both in learning and character, at an affordable rate and avoid the stress of traveling to other countries in search of quality education.

He pointed out that only quality education could bring about technology development in any country in the world, not oil, gold or other mineral resources.

Atiku noted that a country that places emphasis on oil, instead of manpower development, is preparing to collapse, pointing out that quality education produces quality manpower that turns a country into a wealthy nation.

While addressing students of the Law Department, the former vice president restated that Nigeria would continue to move backward unless it is restructured to address the problems threatening its existing.

“When government set up the last constitutional conference, I sent my proposal to the conference and when the members received it, they all agree with the content and resolved to include it in their final report as part of their resolutions.

http://m.guardian.ng/news/nigerian-public-varsities-graduates-cannot-compete-with-my-secondary-school-students/

Re: Atiku: "My Secondary School Students Better Than Public Universities Students" by saintmark88(m): 4:58am On Nov 19, 2016
What an insult!!!!!!!!!!!?

169 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Atiku: "My Secondary School Students Better Than Public Universities Students" by TruthisGOD: 5:34am On Nov 19, 2016
Educated fool. He thinks that the mere speaking of English shows how intelligent one is. That is how they ruined the country with their warp and poor mentality thoughts. Try those kids in Physics and Maths quiz in a neutral enviroment, you'll know how intelligent they are.

318 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Atiku: "My Secondary School Students Better Than Public Universities Students" by prospero5(m): 5:36am On Nov 19, 2016
why is this man in the news again?

is he trying to be relevant?
it baffles me that people have started associating this man with 2019.
how

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Atiku: "My Secondary School Students Better Than Public Universities Students" by jtjohn(m): 5:40am On Nov 19, 2016
Words are cheap that's why people use them without considering the consequences.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku: "My Secondary School Students Better Than Public Universities Students" by Nobody: 5:41am On Nov 19, 2016
Maybe he was referring to some Northern Universities where they teach Accountancy students with Hausa language.undecided

248 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Atiku: "My Secondary School Students Better Than Public Universities Students" by babajeje123(m): 6:01am On Nov 19, 2016
Atiku, Posterity will not forget and forgive you for what you said. You were one of those who brought the quality of education in Nigeria to a state of comatose. What was your contribution to the growth of education when you were in power? Nothing! Useless old man

202 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Atiku: "My Secondary School Students Better Than Public Universities Students" by segsxpendable(m): 6:03am On Nov 19, 2016
See falling of hand,,University students to secondary school students...well,I don't blame him sha,,wen he can't speak fluently....

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku: "My Secondary School Students Better Than Public Universities Students" by Welrez(m): 6:16am On Nov 19, 2016
This is why we are where we are, with an educational system that emphasises the speaking of impeccable English above every other thing. Serious countries are investing in STEM while we are still here caught in the cyclone of an archaic educational system that is a continuation of the colonial policy of seeing education as ability to read and write. This is saddening !

126 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Atiku: "My Secondary School Students Better Than Public Universities Students" by nepapole(m): 6:30am On Nov 19, 2016
OPONU ni baba yii sha.

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Atiku: "My Secondary School Students Better Than Public Universities Students" by Nobody: 6:32am On Nov 19, 2016
Atiku undecided cry
Re: Atiku: "My Secondary School Students Better Than Public Universities Students" by KingBelieve: 6:34am On Nov 19, 2016
No doubts, the learning process in our public school is a shame but then whose fault?

2 Likes

Re: Atiku: "My Secondary School Students Better Than Public Universities Students" by sava2: 6:39am On Nov 19, 2016
May be in the east where goodluck Jonathan comes from.

It shows.

They cheat in exam in the east. That why they score high marks.

They too many as minister in Buhari govt that why they are not doing well

8 Likes

Re: Atiku: "My Secondary School Students Better Than Public Universities Students" by abbas99(m): 6:45am On Nov 19, 2016
Meanwhile in the classroom........

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku: "My Secondary School Students Better Than Public Universities Students" by sava2: 6:45am On Nov 19, 2016
Wole Soyinka , Nobel price winner went to public school

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku: "My Secondary School Students Better Than Public Universities Students" by MightySparrow: 6:46am On Nov 19, 2016
All the teachers in AUN must have stjdied in private universities! grin grincheesy

53 Likes

Re: Atiku: "My Secondary School Students Better Than Public Universities Students" by shangodele974(m): 6:48am On Nov 19, 2016
derailed yola man

4 Likes

Re: Atiku: "My Secondary School Students Better Than Public Universities Students" by sava2: 6:51am On Nov 19, 2016
Built by public school in Nigeria .

The east or igbo cheats in exam which is responsible for goodluck Jonathan lack of knowledge of Nigeria .

The best brains in Nigeria are Yoruba people

http://energymixreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Rig.jpg

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku: "My Secondary School Students Better Than Public Universities Students" by sava2: 6:54am On Nov 19, 2016
The igbos talk about their first cars. When yoruba
have been making cars from 1971

5 Likes

Re: Atiku: "My Secondary School Students Better Than Public Universities Students" by paparazzi1987(m): 6:54am On Nov 19, 2016
I thought boohary was the dullest grin

So speaking English is a yard stick to measure intelligence

17 Likes

Re: Atiku: "My Secondary School Students Better Than Public Universities Students" by babdap: 7:07am On Nov 19, 2016
He is not but a big fool, he was among those that destroyed public institutions by looting the money mentioned for their development to established their private university.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku: "My Secondary School Students Better Than Public Universities Students" by sava2: 7:08am On Nov 19, 2016
In an English speaking country. Yes.

Many Nigerian do speak good English.

Nigerian speak better English than American or Canadian.

Nigerian speak the Queen's English.

90% of American or Canadian will fail the GCE exam.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku: "My Secondary School Students Better Than Public Universities Students" by sava2: 7:09am On Nov 19, 2016
Canadian and American don't speak good English. They don't speak the Queen's English.

7 Likes

Re: Atiku: "My Secondary School Students Better Than Public Universities Students" by ademi4wealth(f): 7:23am On Nov 19, 2016
Imagine his level of education he is not ashamed of himself he ruled the country as the VP for 8yrs and did not achieve anything only to use our money to establish AUN and quarel with his oga now he is comparing a public university with a secondary school if all your teachers are from private university that means all your teachers find it hard to pass Jamb and Post jamb. Good radiance to bad rubbish

28 Likes

Re: Atiku: "My Secondary School Students Better Than Public Universities Students" by sava2: 7:28am On Nov 19, 2016
Nigerian are smart people, they tried to clone human.

They have bad government. Not that they are not smart.

What I believe is the way an individual take education. I Alway read every day. Because you get older and you start losing your momery. So I try to read all day. to gain back my momery of event, this why I am online.

I want to remember things.

I went to school under the military, I never had civillian government education. But it looks the civilian are doing bad.

4 Likes

Re: Atiku: "My Secondary School Students Better Than Public Universities Students" by AnodaIT(m): 7:32am On Nov 19, 2016
So how come Buhari is president if speaking English was such a big deal

14 Likes

Re: Atiku: "My Secondary School Students Better Than Public Universities Students" by sava2: 7:33am On Nov 19, 2016
The igbos do anything to get ahead , even cheating in school. While the Yoruba are lay back.

1 Like

Re: Atiku: "My Secondary School Students Better Than Public Universities Students" by Scream(m): 7:45am On Nov 19, 2016
A demented fool...what kind of English does Atiku speak?!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku: "My Secondary School Students Better Than Public Universities Students" by 9jaBloke: 8:12am On Nov 19, 2016
Chai UNIZIK

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku: "My Secondary School Students Better Than Public Universities Students" by Sirwallace(m): 8:53am On Nov 19, 2016
atitku abubakar of all people can open his filthy mouth to compare his secondary school student to the students in the Nigerian universities. what an insults coming from a man who looted our common wealth to set up his stupid academy and private university.
somebody who is scared to travel to the US because of the fraud he committed there.
okay, lets say we agreed, we cannot speak English, but u can at least call our bluff and visit The US. preferably when Trump is inaugurated into power. stupid megalomaniac.

21 Likes

Re: Atiku: "My Secondary School Students Better Than Public Universities Students" by BjDreamchaser(m): 9:01am On Nov 19, 2016
“I was in the University of Zik in Akwa in Anambra State on Wednesday on the invitation of the university. There is no student in public universities that can speak English in an error-free manner like the head boy of my secondary, who just finished addressing us now.

Watch as the Ipob youth would blast Atiku for the above statement. Confused set of people.

12 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Winners, Losers As 32 States Get More VAT Share Than They Generate / Picture Of Service Chiefs Sleeping On Duty / Uche Ogah Inspects His Master Energy City Project In Abia State(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.