Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,439 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

Shettima Donates N10m To Wife Of Abu Ali (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shettima Donates N10m To Wife Of Abu Ali (Photos) (32942 Views)

Senators Hold Close Door Meeting With Customs Boss Hameed Ali. Photos / Jumoke Akinjide Returns N10m To EFCC / Shettima Donates Utility Vehicles To Army - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shettima Donates N10m To Wife Of Abu Ali (Photos) by zoba88: 6:18pm On Nov 19, 2016
As shared by Lawan.....

'Fallen Army Commander, Abu Ali Gov. Shettima Presents N10M to Widow, 3 Children

‎visits family in Kaduna, says Borno owes fallen Commander

Borno State Governor, Kashim Shettima on Saturday presented a cheque valued at ten million naira to Samira, widow of fallen soldier and one of Nigeria's bravest war hero, Lt.Col Muhammad Abu Ali who was killed in Malam-fatori, headquarters of Abadam local government area in northern part of Borno State about on Friday, November 4, 2016.

The Lt.Col was commanding officer of the 272 Task Force Tank Battalion until his death alongside some of soldiers under his command following an ambush by Boko Haram fighters.

Governor Kashim Shettima took part in the funeral of the late soldier which held on Monday, November 7, 2016 at the National Cemetery in Abuja. The late Ali was killed on Friday, November 4, 2016.

Twelve days after attending the funeral, Governor Shettima visited the family residence of the late Abu Ali at unguwar Sarki in Kaduna during which he met with the commander's widow, his three children and surviving mother, spokesman Isa Gusau said in a statement he emailed to journalists from Kaduna on Saturday.

Governor Shettima presented a Zenith Bank cheque of N10m issued in the name of the widow with an instruction that N2m is meant for the widow, N2m for the mother of the fallen officer while each of the three children is to get N2m to be kept in accounts that should be opened for the children.

"The late Lt. Col. Muhammad Abu Ali gave Borno everything. He worked hard in leading troops to recover many communities and at the end he paid the supreme price by giving his life for us. The least we can do to him as Government and people of Borno State is to not only pray for the repose of his soul but also to support those who depended on him for their livelihood. I am concerned about his immediate family that includes his three children, his widow and his mother. This money cannot replace his life. No amount can replace human life. We only want to support his family in the ways we can as humans. Please let us know if you need any more help. We will stand by this family and the families of our fallen heroes. I think one of the things that should console this family is the legacy the commanding officer has left behind. May Allah admit him and all those that died for Borno and this country, into paradise. Please accept our sympathy, we share your emotions and all Nigerians share this irreparable loss. It is a big loss for us in Borno because the late officer was doing us a great service that we miss" Shettima was quoted to have said while speaking with the widow of late Ali who could be heard crying during the visit.

The Governor also interacted with the mother and children while special prayers were offered for the family by an Islamic scholar in the Governor’s entourage.

The late Abu Ali led military battles to recapture Monguno, Baga, New Marte, Bama, Gwoza, Banki Junction, Gamboru-Ngala, Yale, Yanteke, Bita, Deruwa, Daira Kangaruwa and Mallam Fatori, all in Borno State while his men rescued hundreds of children, men and women from Boko Haram captivity.

The Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General Tukur Buratai had described him as of his best soldiers in the fight against Boko Haram insurgency which affected Borno State the most'.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/11/borno-governor-shettima-visits-family.html

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shettima Donates N10m To Wife Of Abu Ali (Photos) by Pain(m): 6:20pm On Nov 19, 2016
What about the other Soldiers that fell with him. I wonder why they are being ignored and neglected by the media and government

90 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Shettima Donates N10m To Wife Of Abu Ali (Photos) by talktonase(m): 6:23pm On Nov 19, 2016
Publicity stunt! Nah so politicians dey! I wont be surprised that before the family can access that money would be 2019

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shettima Donates N10m To Wife Of Abu Ali (Photos) by Justfavourme(m): 6:28pm On Nov 19, 2016
kudos to him, at least he tried.

3 Likes

Re: Shettima Donates N10m To Wife Of Abu Ali (Photos) by TheFreeOne: 6:36pm On Nov 19, 2016
Good.

But I hope families of other soldiers that died in the course of duty are compensated too.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shettima Donates N10m To Wife Of Abu Ali (Photos) by Nutase: 7:00pm On Nov 19, 2016
Wow I am so happy for them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shettima Donates N10m To Wife Of Abu Ali (Photos) by PatrickOkunima(m): 7:22pm On Nov 19, 2016
Pain:
What about the other Soldiers that fell with him. I wonder why they are being ignored and neglected by the media and government
I do not agree with you and a lot of other people saying that other soldiers are being neglected. Some say because he's a commisioned officer. They all fought gallantly against the insurgents and paid the supreme price in the process. Lt. Col Abu-Ali wasn't just a soldier, but a warlord. I wasn't privileged to meet him, but I learnt so much about his exploits prior to his death, unlike most people. Being a retired military man, I know and appreciate what it means to be led in combat by an officer with his kind of intelligence, bravery, gallantry and charisma.

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Shettima Donates N10m To Wife Of Abu Ali (Photos) by spenca: 7:33pm On Nov 19, 2016
Politics . Must you take camera' to a mourning lady ? Help without the left hand knowing what the right hand gave out. That is what Islam preaches

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shettima Donates N10m To Wife Of Abu Ali (Photos) by teeboila(m): 7:35pm On Nov 19, 2016
Metathesiophobia - fear of change
Re: Shettima Donates N10m To Wife Of Abu Ali (Photos) by abbas99(m): 7:56pm On Nov 19, 2016
Commendable

2 Likes

Re: Shettima Donates N10m To Wife Of Abu Ali (Photos) by eleburu(f): 8:03pm On Nov 19, 2016
That's good, but they forget about the other fallen soldiers. why not help their family too?

6 Likes

Re: Shettima Donates N10m To Wife Of Abu Ali (Photos) by yomibelle(f): 8:34pm On Nov 19, 2016
Abu Ali was clintonized

Re: Shettima Donates N10m To Wife Of Abu Ali (Photos) by Christane: 8:35pm On Nov 19, 2016
many of u dnt knw how d military or shud i say d armed forces function an NCO(non commission officer)is regarded as a tool while d CO(commission officer)is a machine ...as a normal soldier u re ntn in the military an officer is all and all ...or av u seen a normal recruit soldier becum a chief of army staff ...the other fallen soldiers family if compensated it wil nt be more than 5hundred thousand each ...while Lt col abu wife wil be given money 4rm buhari, even Lt col abu state governor,Lt gen buratai nd even Lt col abu friends ...she wil miss her husband dat 4 sure bt d money wil b a comfort to her

1 Like

Re: Shettima Donates N10m To Wife Of Abu Ali (Photos) by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:35pm On Nov 19, 2016
What Of the other NCOs wink
Re: Shettima Donates N10m To Wife Of Abu Ali (Photos) by Jamesmatic(m): 8:35pm On Nov 19, 2016
God bless shettima...
Re: Shettima Donates N10m To Wife Of Abu Ali (Photos) by danduj(m): 8:35pm On Nov 19, 2016
I saw my neighbour fighting his friend... When I heard what happened, I was dumbfounded,Some people can be very annoying sha

How would you borrow somebody's cloth and then slim fit it?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shettima Donates N10m To Wife Of Abu Ali (Photos) by MrMcJay(m): 8:35pm On Nov 19, 2016
Beyond monetary gifts, there needs to be a Scheme whereby wives and children of deceased service men are adequately empowered with skills and education to alleviate their hardship.

3 Likes

Re: Shettima Donates N10m To Wife Of Abu Ali (Photos) by favourmic(m): 8:36pm On Nov 19, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: Shettima Donates N10m To Wife Of Abu Ali (Photos) by femi4: 8:37pm On Nov 19, 2016
PatrickOkunima:
I do not agree with you and a lot of other people saying that other soldiers are being neglected. Some say because he's a commisioned officer. They all fought gallantly against the insurgents and paid the supreme price in the process. Lt. Col Abu-Ali wasn't just a soldier, but a warlord. I wasn't privileged to meet him, but I learnt so much about his exploits prior to his death, unlike most people. Being a retired military man, I know and appreciate what it means to be led in combat by an officer with his kind of intelligence, bravery, gallantry and charisma.
But you still do not dispute the fact that others were neglected

4 Likes

Re: Shettima Donates N10m To Wife Of Abu Ali (Photos) by Lasskeey: 8:38pm On Nov 19, 2016
cheesy
Re: Shettima Donates N10m To Wife Of Abu Ali (Photos) by maasoap(m): 8:38pm On Nov 19, 2016
God bless you Mr Shettima.
Re: Shettima Donates N10m To Wife Of Abu Ali (Photos) by Nobody: 8:39pm On Nov 19, 2016
zoba88:
As shared by Lawan.....

'Fallen Army Commander, Abu Ali Gov. Shettima Presents N10M to Widow, 3 Children

‎visits family in Kaduna, says Borno owes fallen Commander

Borno State Governor, Kashim Shettima on Saturday presented a cheque valued at ten million naira to Samira, widow of fallen soldier and one of Nigeria's bravest war hero, Lt.Col Muhammad Abu Ali who was killed in Malam-fatori, headquarters of Abadam local government area in northern part of Borno State about on Friday, November 4, 2016.

The Lt.Col was commanding officer of the 272 Task Force Tank Battalion until his death alongside some of soldiers under his command following an ambush by Boko Haram fighters.

Governor Kashim Shettima took part in the funeral of the late soldier which held on Monday, November 7, 2016 at the National Cemetery in Abuja. The late Ali was killed on Friday, November 4, 2016.

Twelve days after attending the funeral, Governor Shettima visited the family residence of the late Abu Ali at unguwar Sarki in Kaduna during which he met with the commander's widow, his three children and surviving mother, spokesman Isa Gusau said in a statement he emailed to journalists from Kaduna on Saturday.

Governor Shettima presented a Zenith Bank cheque of N10m issued in the name of the widow with an instruction that N2m is meant for the widow, N2m for the mother of the fallen officer while each of the three children is to get N2m to be kept in accounts that should be opened for the children.

"The late Lt. Col. Muhammad Abu Ali gave Borno everything. He worked hard in leading troops to recover many communities and at the end he paid the supreme price by giving his life for us. The least we can do to him as Government and people of Borno State is to not only pray for the repose of his soul but also to support those who depended on him for their livelihood. I am concerned about his immediate family that includes his three children, his widow and his mother. This money cannot replace his life. No amount can replace human life. We only want to support his family in the ways we can as humans. Please let us know if you need any more help. We will stand by this family and the families of our fallen heroes. I think one of the things that should console this family is the legacy the commanding officer has left behind. May Allah admit him and all those that died for Borno and this country, into paradise. Please accept our sympathy, we share your emotions and all Nigerians share this irreparable loss. It is a big loss for us in Borno because the late officer was doing us a great service that we miss" Shettima was quoted to have said while speaking with the widow of late Ali who could be heard crying during the visit.

The Governor also interacted with the mother and children while special prayers were offered for the family by an Islamic scholar in the Governor’s entourage.

The late Abu Ali led military battles to recapture Monguno, Baga, New Marte, Bama, Gwoza, Banki Junction, Gamboru-Ngala, Yale, Yanteke, Bita, Deruwa, Daira Kangaruwa and Mallam Fatori, all in Borno State while his men rescued hundreds of children, men and women from Boko Haram captivity.

The Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General Tukur Buratai had described him as of his best soldiers in the fight against Boko Haram insurgency which affected Borno State the most'.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/11/borno-governor-shettima-visits-family.html
Thank You Governor Shettima really appreciated

1 Like

Re: Shettima Donates N10m To Wife Of Abu Ali (Photos) by ifyalways(f): 8:40pm On Nov 19, 2016
And the others that died with him?

They got neither money nor recognition ( mentions) . O ga o.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shettima Donates N10m To Wife Of Abu Ali (Photos) by Pavore9: 8:41pm On Nov 19, 2016
"Governor Shettima presented a Zenith Bank cheque of N10m issued in the name of the widow with an instruction that N2m is meant for the widow, N2m for the mother of the fallen officer while each of the three children is to get N2m to be kept in accounts that should be opened for the children." ......To avoid extended family wahala!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shettima Donates N10m To Wife Of Abu Ali (Photos) by noeloge82(m): 8:43pm On Nov 19, 2016
Very good move at least with this serving officers will know that their family is safe if they are gone

Good job

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shettima Donates N10m To Wife Of Abu Ali (Photos) by Nobody: 8:43pm On Nov 19, 2016
That's money speaking,and I'm here looking for little money to survive
Re: Shettima Donates N10m To Wife Of Abu Ali (Photos) by solara: 8:44pm On Nov 19, 2016
danduj:
I saw my neighbour fighting his friend... When I heard what happened, I was dumbfounded,Some people can be very annoying sha

How would you borrow somebody's cloth and then slim fit it?

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Shettima Donates N10m To Wife Of Abu Ali (Photos) by Generalyemi(m): 8:44pm On Nov 19, 2016
what of unarmed Protestants
Re: Shettima Donates N10m To Wife Of Abu Ali (Photos) by Nobody: 8:46pm On Nov 19, 2016
HOW SHE TAKE GET THE 10M??
IS IT A STATE DONATION??
OR A PERSONAL DONATION??

I SAY THIS BECOS ONLY A WOMAN IN MMM CAN GIVE A PERSONAL DONATION OF 10M IN THIS TODAY NIGERIA!!

1 Like

Re: Shettima Donates N10m To Wife Of Abu Ali (Photos) by Handsomecole(m): 8:46pm On Nov 19, 2016
Wow that's lovely, and kind of the Governor, I hope the family will also extend the donation to other soldiers who died with him same with the Governor too.

1 Like

Re: Shettima Donates N10m To Wife Of Abu Ali (Photos) by OPCNAIRALAND: 8:46pm On Nov 19, 2016
Where did Shettima get 10million he dobated? From his personal account or from government treasury?
It's not Shrttima's responsibility to care for families left behind by slain soldiers.

We need a new order in public administration.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari: President Buhari Surrounded By ‘Strangers' - Guardian / War On Niger Republic Will Be War On Northern Nigeria - Usman Yusuf / Biafra: Dutch, Seven Others To Testify Against Kanu: Punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.