Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,038 members, 7,818,067 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

Shettima Donates N10m To Wife Of Abu Ali (Photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shettima Donates N10m To Wife Of Abu Ali (Photos) (32940 Views)

Senators Hold Close Door Meeting With Customs Boss Hameed Ali. Photos / Jumoke Akinjide Returns N10m To EFCC / Shettima Donates Utility Vehicles To Army - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shettima Donates N10m To Wife Of Abu Ali (Photos) by OPCNAIRALAND: 8:52pm On Nov 19, 2016
MrMcJay:
Beyond monetary gifts, there needs to be a Scheme whereby wives and children of deceased service men are adequately empowered with skills and education to alleviate their hardship.

The Army has a program for that.

1 Like

Re: Shettima Donates N10m To Wife Of Abu Ali (Photos) by Deepfreezer(m): 8:59pm On Nov 19, 2016
Was Ali the only officer that died fighting Boko haram Answer is NO. Nigeria what a country.

2 Likes

Re: Shettima Donates N10m To Wife Of Abu Ali (Photos) by Deon28(m): 9:04pm On Nov 19, 2016
Is he the only security man that died in Borno, what about the family of the junior ranks who also died there ?

2 Likes

Re: Shettima Donates N10m To Wife Of Abu Ali (Photos) by Nobody: 9:06pm On Nov 19, 2016
I understand that Abu Ali wasn't the only soldier that was fell by the enemies in that unfortunate incident that claimed his life, other junior officers were fell too. My poser is, what happens to the rest of the soldiers that lost their lives? Is it that theirs amount to nothing. This gesture as noble, kind it may appear to be would succeed in creating bad blood amongst the other families of soldiers that were fell alongside Ali. Shettima should as a matter of fair play extends this gesture to the other families.

2 Likes

Re: Shettima Donates N10m To Wife Of Abu Ali (Photos) by IYANGBALI: 9:07pm On Nov 19, 2016
i hope the money will not make other wives to pray for their husbands to be killed too. Money na evil
Re: Shettima Donates N10m To Wife Of Abu Ali (Photos) by ReubenE(m): 9:16pm On Nov 19, 2016
Pain:
What about the other Soldiers that fell with him. I wonder why they are being ignored and neglected by the media and government
My brother, it's a sad one.
That's what happens when small tress fall with a big one. Government should be careful not to side line those that died with him because it will create 'bad belle' among them....

1 Like

Re: Shettima Donates N10m To Wife Of Abu Ali (Photos) by mengho(m): 9:21pm On Nov 19, 2016
Dis Guy death pain me & I ain't even remotely close to him sef, but I will still remember dat when Maiduguri was totally surrounded by Boko haram, but lt.col Abu Ali used his tank to push them from monguno upto lake Chad. May God bless dis man & all our fallen soldiers. you shall always be in our prayers now & 4ever
Re: Shettima Donates N10m To Wife Of Abu Ali (Photos) by Nobody: 9:22pm On Nov 19, 2016

2 Likes

Re: Shettima Donates N10m To Wife Of Abu Ali (Photos) by Nobody: 9:24pm On Nov 19, 2016
why make it public......
Re: Shettima Donates N10m To Wife Of Abu Ali (Photos) by Nobody: 9:25pm On Nov 19, 2016
why make it public......why disclose the sum involved.... i suspect eye service....do unto others what you did to this family. egbon shetima
Re: Shettima Donates N10m To Wife Of Abu Ali (Photos) by IYANGBALI: 9:25pm On Nov 19, 2016
zionx:

Any woman that pray for such to happen is a very wicked person and does not love the husband. NO AMOUNT can ever be compared to the life of someone that one loves. No matter the amount of money donated to the wife, it can never ever be compared to the life of her husband.
abeg leave matter, na who love epp?
Re: Shettima Donates N10m To Wife Of Abu Ali (Photos) by Nobody: 9:26pm On Nov 19, 2016

2 Likes

Re: Shettima Donates N10m To Wife Of Abu Ali (Photos) by IYANGBALI: 9:30pm On Nov 19, 2016
zionx:

Love still help some people. If you know what it means to loose a loved one then, you will know that money can only sometimes act as a comfort and never a replacement. CASE CLOSED.
okay,but before you close the matter,you get cucumber king size make you borrow me one,better preek dey scarce for this buhari government
Re: Shettima Donates N10m To Wife Of Abu Ali (Photos) by Nobody: 9:33pm On Nov 19, 2016
femi4:
But you still does not dispute the fact that others were neglected
make Atiku catch u with this ur yeye grammar.
Re: Shettima Donates N10m To Wife Of Abu Ali (Photos) by Charly68: 9:35pm On Nov 19, 2016
This is posthumous reward for bravery and total dedication to duty while alive .His performance and contribution was exceptional. rip Col Abu !
Re: Shettima Donates N10m To Wife Of Abu Ali (Photos) by ABJ4Real(m): 9:45pm On Nov 19, 2016
As the army RSMs would say, "Better, but not good." What of the other heroes that died along with him? One life. Thesame sacrifice.

1 Like

Re: Shettima Donates N10m To Wife Of Abu Ali (Photos) by PRADEL(m): 9:45pm On Nov 19, 2016
must u advertise all ur donation n good work......Nigeria politicians n their wahala
Re: Shettima Donates N10m To Wife Of Abu Ali (Photos) by thedarkside: 9:57pm On Nov 19, 2016
our heros shall not be forgoting...

sai...

Re: Shettima Donates N10m To Wife Of Abu Ali (Photos) by Killurself: 10:01pm On Nov 19, 2016
Good, very good but how many soldiers that as lost there life in boko haram fight that ever donate money for becos this officer comes from rich family everybody make him as a talking point, pls can anybody tell me what special about this officer other falling soldiers, nothing. In fact am disappointed about this nation

1 Like

Re: Shettima Donates N10m To Wife Of Abu Ali (Photos) by fkdmods: 10:10pm On Nov 19, 2016
PatrickOkunima:
I do not agree with you and a lot of other people saying that other soldiers are being neglected. Some say because he's a commisioned officer. They all fought gallantly against the insurgents and paid the supreme price in the process. Lt. Col Abu-Ali wasn't just a soldier, but a warlord. I wasn't privileged to meet him, but I learnt so much about his exploits prior to his death, unlike most people. Being a retired military man, I know and appreciate what it means to be led in combat by an officer with his kind of intelligence, bravery, gallantry and charisma.

Smh. Unfreaking believable. This is all so wrong on so many levels. It is only in Africa/Nigeria that people think like this and they wonder why are still in bondage after half a century. The fact that money was given to his family by a governor should be ringing alarm bells. Where are the funds coming from? if it is from the state, was it budgeted for? If it is his personal funds, how can he afford it? Then your argument that because he is an intelligent, brave warlord makes him deserving of the money makes no sense. I am a soldier myself and my life isn't worth more than the Soldiers i lead. No matter how intelligent or brave i am. We all spill the same blood and most importantly, i am nothing without the men that follow me. If i die tomorrow, the amount given to my family will be the same amount given to the highest ranking officer in our forces. You all need to start changing the way you think and do business for the sake of future generations.

1 Like

Re: Shettima Donates N10m To Wife Of Abu Ali (Photos) by gebest: 11:01pm On Nov 19, 2016
rubbish, what about others dat ve died fighting those idiots called boko haram
Re: Shettima Donates N10m To Wife Of Abu Ali (Photos) by OPCNAIRALAND: 11:26pm On Nov 19, 2016
zionx:

Any woman that pray for such to happen is a very wicked person and does not love the husband. NO AMOUNT can ever be compared to the life of someone that one loves. No matter the amount of money donated to the wife, it can never ever be compared to the life of her husband. She is the only one that knows the hurt she is feeling everyday irrespective of the amount given to her. She has been wounded in the heart and that wound can last forever in some cases.

Iya Ngbali said money is evil and you respond with anyone that follows evil is wicked. undecided
Re: Shettima Donates N10m To Wife Of Abu Ali (Photos) by Kevsman(m): 11:30pm On Nov 19, 2016
See all personnel in the Nigerian as one

1 Like

Re: Shettima Donates N10m To Wife Of Abu Ali (Photos) by Kevsman(m): 11:31pm On Nov 19, 2016
So because the others are NCOs dey should be neglected? What a country, may God bless all NCOs in the Nigerian Army, no matter the neglect victory shall be yours over your lazy officers

1 Like

Re: Shettima Donates N10m To Wife Of Abu Ali (Photos) by OPCNAIRALAND: 11:32pm On Nov 19, 2016
Killurself:
Good, very good but how many soldiers that as lost there life in boko haram fight that ever donate money for becos this officer comes from rich family everybody make him as a talking point, pls can anybody tell me what special about this officer other falling soldiers, nothing. In fact am disappointed about this nation

We must not belittle his heroism, he earned it! Nonetheless, there are provisions in the military for this type of outcome. The soldier career is one of death. So a insurance and family support package exist for that purpose. Any money from private donors is a unecessary and corrupting influence and should be discouraged.
Re: Shettima Donates N10m To Wife Of Abu Ali (Photos) by Nobody: 11:36pm On Nov 19, 2016
Re: Shettima Donates N10m To Wife Of Abu Ali (Photos) by CodeHouse: 11:53pm On Nov 19, 2016
With the way he was sampling that young girl, I hope he did not just pay for her
Re: Shettima Donates N10m To Wife Of Abu Ali (Photos) by Nobody: 12:00am On Nov 20, 2016

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shettima Donates N10m To Wife Of Abu Ali (Photos) by MENTORCH(m): 12:15am On Nov 20, 2016
OPCNAIRALAND:
Where did Shettima get 10million he dobated? From his personal account or from government treasury?
It's not Shrttima's responsibility to care for families left behind by slain soldiers.

We need a new order in public administration.

Wherever he got the money from he tried, what about politicians that use our monies to buy personal properties around the world.
Re: Shettima Donates N10m To Wife Of Abu Ali (Photos) by Elhabeeb1(m): 12:39am On Nov 20, 2016
Christane:
many of u dnt knw how d military or shud i say d armed forces function an NCO(non commission officer)is regarded as a tool while d CO(commission officer)is a machine ...as a normal soldier u re ntn in the military an officer is all and all ...or av u seen a normal recruit soldier becum a chief of army staff ...the other fallen soldiers family if compensated it wil nt be more than 5hundred thousand each ...while Lt col abu wife wil be given money 4rm buhari, even Lt col abu state governor,Lt gen buratai nd even Lt col abu friends ...she wil miss her husband dat 4 sure bt d money wil b a comfort to her

Have you seen a clerk risen to the post of Director or MD. He was given special attention because of his numerous exploit on the battle field.
Re: Shettima Donates N10m To Wife Of Abu Ali (Photos) by fkdmods: 12:42am On Nov 20, 2016
zionx:

God bless you Sir. You are a great leader. May God continue to protect you and other military officers and soldiers. If only our leaders can stop thinking about 'themselves' only then our country will be a better place to be.

The leaders who work most effectively never say “I.” And that is not because they have trained themselves not to say “I.” They don’t think “I.” They think “we”; they think “team.” They understand their job to be to make the team function. They accept responsibility and don’t sidestep it, but “we” gets the credit…. This is what creates trust, what enables you to get the task done. (Peter Drucker).

Well said.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Migrate To Bunu In Kogi State - Bunu People's Forum / Garba Shehu Poses With Granddaughter, Jiddah, To Celebrate His 61st Birthday / Pictures Of Projects Commissioned By President Buhari In Kaduna State Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.