Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,684 members, 7,854,899 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 09:39 AM

Are Nigerians The Smartest People...? [read What The World Thinks About Us] - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Nigerians The Smartest People...? [read What The World Thinks About Us] (1382 Views)

See What The World Thinks About Our CBN Governor / Wike Thinks About Me All The Time Even In His Toilet - Amaechi / Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Nigerians The Smartest People...? [read What The World Thinks About Us] by samuelson06(m): 10:36pm On Nov 19, 2016
Are Nigerians the smartest people to walk the earth? Why?

Pat McCormack, some folk think I'm smart. Personally I'm mostly just stuck!
I don't know if Nigerians are the smartest people on earth but they sure are smart, Igbo folk in particular. To give an example; back in 1981 I was hiring staff in Warri. A young (17) Igbo fellow called Sam asked for a job. He was as short as me and very slim so not suitable for laboring work. He was totally full of beans so I hired him anyways to help me with line testing gear. Sam had had just four years of primary education. About a week in he asked me why I liked the small numbers on the test gear and did not like the big ones. So sitting there under a mangrove I explained voltage, current, Ohms law and the problem with contaminated connections. About an hour later Sam comes back with a drawing and a handful of batteries. He wanted to know whether there was a way to put the batteries in the geophones so as to push the signal through even with poor connections. I was gobsmacked. An hour after hearing of Ohm's law for the first time he'd dreamt up the concept of a pre-amplifier. I had an electronics workshop so I took Sam into it and started with the math and electronics. He lived in that lab. He went from Euclid to Leibniz in less than a month. Six weeks in he was using spectrum analysers to control inter-modulation between multiple radio transmitters. In the eleven months we worked/learnt together Sam got to about associate degree level. He set up an electronics store after.
Some damn smart folk in the Delta.

Comment picks:

Lorna Ammann:
1 vote by Nina Yankova
Hell No!!! Every corner of the globe there are smart people…. Then again it all depends on your perception of being smart. Nigerians are number one scammers and thieves. They can’t even manage the oil revenue. Nigerians that leave Nigeria seeking for refugee status uses fake identity. Every one can scam and steal. You don’t have to be smart to do that.

Steve Folsom:
I got scammed by a nigerian

Ben:
8 votes Show
A gift when abused they say, can become a curse. Each time i look at Nigerians, i admire their resilience, adaptability and ability to find hope even in a hopeless situation.I have never seen a people who have been so misled and abused by her leaders and yet they still chose to be hopeful. I find it shocking to see countries protest against increase in water rate, bread prices and even scarcity of toiletries when that is not even noticed here. A country that has everything she needs yet lacks everything she wants because the foundation of her leadership was hijacked by the wrong leaders. I always see her as a sleeping giant who has chosen not to wake up yet. So yes, Nigerians are really smart and that is why they can adapt wherever they find themselves especially the igbo tribe whose resilience and sudden recovery from a civil war within a short time has continued to amaze everyone. I hope that she gets it right someday and claims her place among the stars. God bless Nigerians
Culled from Quora.com
Re: Are Nigerians The Smartest People...? [read What The World Thinks About Us] by unofficial(m): 10:46pm On Nov 19, 2016
There is still hope for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerians The Smartest People...? [read What The World Thinks About Us] by jaymejate: 10:55pm On Nov 19, 2016
Nigerians are truly smart.

Looking into the Future, we're coming up. I saw us there
Re: Are Nigerians The Smartest People...? [read What The World Thinks About Us] by ayourbamie: 11:18pm On Nov 19, 2016
We are smart and funny
Re: Are Nigerians The Smartest People...? [read What The World Thinks About Us] by MrAnalyst: 11:31pm On Nov 19, 2016
Funny some poster said you don't need to be smart to scam and steal but yet said she'd been scammed by a Nigerian. That implies that either she's very dumb or Nigerians are indeed very smart.

3 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians The Smartest People...? [read What The World Thinks About Us] by Allsouls: 11:44pm On Nov 19, 2016
Nigeria smart indeed

smart people been lead by the blind, deaf and dump and uneducated.
Smart people that doesn't believe in equal right and justice but support the kill of those standing on their right.
Smart people that their 5% politicians kill and suck them dry.
Smart people that only believe in what the want to hear even if they are see it happen.
Smart people that was deceive some time and they are still deceived again.
Smart people that knows those kill and destroying the future of thier children and still sing praises for them.

So is Nigerians smart people or dumb people?.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerians The Smartest People...? [read What The World Thinks About Us] by samuelson06(m): 12:31am On Nov 20, 2016
more

Re: Are Nigerians The Smartest People...? [read What The World Thinks About Us] by jesse8048(m): 5:41am On Nov 20, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: Are Nigerians The Smartest People...? [read What The World Thinks About Us] by samuelson06(m): 10:54am On Nov 20, 2016
Just like that foreigner puts it, the foundation of leadership in Nigeria was hijacked by wrong leaders that is why we have not gotten it right since independence. These few politicians has been the ones sucking us dry; making laws that continually enrich them, leaving the masses to suffer and beg them for crumps. The only way you can survive is to become a millitant and blow up oil installations so that they can come and beg you to stop but how many people can actually do this? This has created billionaires in the Niger Delta. So the ones that cannot fight them would have to look elsewhere for help. Just imagine the constituency allowance that they know very well that the money doesn't go anywhere near the actual constituency to do anything but nevertheless they keep approving and giving this money to these thieves. The only thing that can save Nigeria right now is revolution but who would start or lead a revolution in Nigeria?
Re: Are Nigerians The Smartest People...? [read What The World Thinks About Us] by KINGwax007(m): 11:14am On Nov 20, 2016
Nigerians are smart, haters can die.
If I see anybody hail Igbo here, I will personally shoot him dead! angry angry

Re: Are Nigerians The Smartest People...? [read What The World Thinks About Us] by dmz1: 12:22pm On Nov 20, 2016
Igbos... Africa most intelligent and brilliant tribe. This has been confirmed again and again
Re: Are Nigerians The Smartest People...? [read What The World Thinks About Us] by plaetton: 12:30pm On Nov 20, 2016
Allsouls:
Nigeria smart indeed

smart people been lead by the blind, deaf and dump and uneducated.
Smart people that doesn't believe in equal right and justice but support the kill of those standing on their right.
Smart people that their 5% politicians kill and suck them dry.
Smart people that only believe in what the want to hear even if they are se CEe it happen.
Smart people that was deceive some time and they are still deceived again.
Smart people that knows those kill and destroying the future of thier children and still sing praises for them.

So is Nigerians smart people or dumb people?.
In my opinion, Nigerians are the dumbest people in the world.

(1) (Reply)

Makarfi: PDP Will Win In 2019 But I Won’t Tell You Our Secret / Registering For PVC In Port Harcourt / Orji Kalu Made Us Swear Oaths Of Allegiance At Okija Shrine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.