Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,875 members, 7,817,576 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics (42664 Views)

On This Day: Two Years Ago, Orubebe. The Man Who Saw Tomorrow / Ambode Completes Pedestrian Bridge At Berger Bus-stop (pics) / Drunk Officer Sleeping On The Floor In Lagos At Costain Bus Stop (Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics by Kfed4ril(m): 9:05am On Nov 21, 2016
altitudee:

thank God u said a year not the whole six years....
even at $72 naira was still below N230 to a doller...

you said he allowed the naira to fall as low as 450 to a $...
Please enlighten me..How did he do that?
waiting for well informed answer from you and not sentiment...thanks

Bro I think u knw this already but you are blinded by sentiment.
Buhari economic plans are the worst in history of existence of humans.
It took your so called buhari six months to appoint audu ogbe, rotimi Ameachi and co.
How would you expect you agricultural sector to thrive when we have somebody like audu ogbe running affairs of the ministry. That's just to mention a few

That his 5% speech plus the fact that when he came into power he stopped the Niger delta amnesty program which resulted to NDA and co.

Lemme ask you why did buhari stop the use of our Nigerian debit card outside the shores of Nigeria. Will that stupid move help strengthen the naira against the dollar? Those are the kind of stupid decisions your buhari takes.

1 Like

Re: See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics by Cajal(m): 9:06am On Nov 21, 2016
Oga o, joking with what caused us as Nigerians national embarrassment, orubebe himself denounced his actions..
Re: See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics by jumpandpas(m): 9:08am On Nov 21, 2016
agabusta:

Shagari's mess.

But Nigerians didn't queue to buy salt during Shagari. It is either your were been Spoon feed or you were not born in 1984. Insult not intended.

2 Likes

Re: See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics by luvinhubby(m): 9:11am On Nov 21, 2016
jelal007:
Naivety and sentiment is what u just spewed here. There's no point arguing with u lot,it'll never sink in 2 ur skulls.

Then please keep quiet.
Re: See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics by luvinhubby(m): 9:13am On Nov 21, 2016
progress69:

How can you say a counter slid into reccession in 6 months? Hatred will.let you lie to your death.
See any economic jargons u like, just likr saying Nigeria slid to reccession in 6 months, sane people kniw that Nigeria was already sinking before this government came to power. Oil slid to as low as $28 per barrel. If the status quo was left, reccession was inevitable.

Oil slide started 1 yr before GEJ handed over, how do you explain that if zombieism can allow you?
Re: See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics by excel101(m): 9:13am On Nov 21, 2016
Toks2008:

I don't know your age but in 1984 I was quite mentally mature to know what happened and the last time I checked Buhari was not even allowed to sanitize the country before he was removed after less than 2 years of assuming office.

Today we are asking for his head when he is barely 2years in office but we were so OK for 16 years when PDP was running our nation dry while throwing crumbs at us.
From your comments you've proven to be as dull as PMB. You said "we are calling for his head in less than 2yrs in office" . What else do u expect wen there's no noticeable improvement @ sight. The economy is crumbling by the day. Go and get ursef some sense.
Re: See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics by Soldiercole(m): 9:15am On Nov 21, 2016
agabusta:

Your assertions are simplistic and naive. There is always a cause and effect. The economy of the nation was already spiralling down before GEJ left, and was one of the reasons he lost reelection. Unimaginable, the FG even borrowed to pay salaries before he left. PMB though also made some mistakes, but is encumbered in trying to clear the mess of the past administrations.
U are lying d man has a badluck spirit because of his wickedness
Re: See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics by NaijaFutbol: 9:17am On Nov 21, 2016
Aufbauh:

4trillion naira at $165 = $24billion; crude oil sales averaged $110/barrel
6trillion naira at $385 = $15billion; crude oil sales peaked at $42/barrel.

This is our purchasing power in the world market which is popularly referred to as FX under the said comparative administration of GEJ & PMB.
It is instructive to note that this FX largely contribute to our GDP and consequently our standard of living as a consumer dependent economy whose major source of income is crude oil sales.

Sometimes you guys chunk out information without depth to defend your sentiment. undecided

Truth!

I am happy people now use facts to argue.

Like why fuel subsidy moved from mere N300bn per anum ($40/b oil) to N1trn per anum ($115/b oil).

But hatred told all of us that GEJ was the problem.

1 Like

Re: See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics by buchai: 9:17am On Nov 21, 2016
Afonjas' believes that every government in Nigeria today must speaks in there favour and Dance in there tone. Thats brings the government of gej down because under gej pdp hard a structure that was not in favour of the afonjas things like vice president and senate president they believe that Speaker of the house of representative was a distance post and position to be with they don't want be seen as number 3 as a citizen of this country they want to seen as n0.1 or n0.2 anything aside that you are on your own. they made gej believes that he was on his on they brought his government down by writing nonsense about his government and people believed them look at what is happening in our country today afonjas contributed 98% of what going on in our country today because of a sefish positions. all this things if they don't Take time it will consume them one day.
Re: See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics by Stanleywaxy(m): 9:18am On Nov 21, 2016
Rigolas:
Igbos/Anambra Are Indeed Doing Great... Even without d presence of fed.gov
Bud , na NKP area be this abi ?
Re: See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics by crazymommy(f): 9:19am On Nov 21, 2016
yeyeboi:

Why did you say that he is fighting for his pocket?? During election when he had a disagreement with INEC former boss (Jega) I thought he was just making empty noise but now the result is glaring , APC have scammed us. If we had foreseen this current situation we would have supported orubebe.

I agree that orubebe is fighting for his pocket if u were there wouldn't you have fought for your pocket before you even remembe your family

Smh For U
K
Re: See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics by thedarkside: 9:20am On Nov 21, 2016
CzarChris:
Let me agree with you on this, but the entire country is suffering this hardship called recession. GEJ planned a budget of 4trillion naira and the country was sailing smoothly. Buhari put up a budget of over 6trillion naira, and people are dying everyday of hunger and millions more a packing from the cities back to the village. My question is this. If Orubebe was doing this for his pocket and succeeded, won't you have preferred to be able to thrive and grow to what is currently going on in the country? (that's assuming you are in Nigeria)

see how you dey contradict yourself....

how can 4 be bigger than 6?..tell me..

islamaphobia is a desease!...
Re: See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics by Soldiercole(m): 9:24am On Nov 21, 2016
DrayZee:

Doesn't require any expertise. I'm sure that's why you believed that Buhari, a man who thinks everything, including the economy can be regulated by force, is worthy to be a President.

Ok, just tell me why the two times Nigeria has gone under recession, it was under Buhari. Or is it a coincidence?
D man has badluck jare cos of his wickedness

1 Like

Re: See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics by crazymommy(f): 9:24am On Nov 21, 2016
jumpandpas:

And if he had won, the overflow would have entered your own pocket as well.
K
Re: See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics by jumpandpas(m): 9:26am On Nov 21, 2016
Re: See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics by bilulu(m): 9:32am On Nov 21, 2016
Aufbauh:

This is our purchasing power in the world market which is popularly referred to as FX under the said comparative administration of GEJ & PMB.
It is instructive to note that this FX largely contribute to our GDP and consequently our standard of living as a consumer dependent economy whose major source of income is crude oil sales.

Sometimes you guys chunk out information without depth to defend your sentiment. undecided
oga were u not in this country wen Buhari n his crews members were defending d budget saying larger part of d budget is going to b from non oil sector? why do we always forget so soon? wen dey were making their their unrealising promises didnt dey c it dat oil was already falling? mind u oil started started falling in 2014 n not dis yr

1 Like

Re: See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics by Realist2: 9:37am On Nov 21, 2016
Buhari is a failure and a Confusion personified , the more he is allow to stay, the more he destroys everything left in the system. For those saying ' give him some times ' , the man has lost grip of the reality on ground, he has somany scores to settle with person.
Re: See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics by mikooolud(m): 9:37am On Nov 21, 2016
CzarChris:
Let me agree with you on this, but the entire country is suffering this hardship called recession. GEJ planned a budget of 4trillion naira and the country was sailing smoothly. Buhari put up a budget of over 6trillion naira, and people are dying everyday of hunger and millions more a packing from the cities back to the village. My question is this. If Orubebe was doing this for his pocket and succeeded, won't you have preferred to be able to thrive and grow to what is currently going on in the country? (that's assuming you are in Nigeria)
fear dey catch me on our reasoning level in this country. Se na baba economy policies caused the present situation we are in, the man have spent just one year plus and we blame him for everything. water no dey na bubu fault, u no fit shit for toilet na bubu, hope u know that people are moving forward, u beta ask them how they are doing it and quit complaining. GEJ made a mess of this country and if he were to remain, I dont think naija will be settled now. it would have been worse. bro look for ur opportunity and make sense
Re: See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics by ajealadick(m): 9:37am On Nov 21, 2016
I see numb heads here. So you mean you rather disrupt an electroral process because you dont want someone? Who gave you the power to choose on behalf of other Nigerians? See you voted and failed, rigging or not Buhari won GEJ fair and square. In spite of the problems we are bedeviled with today a Jonathan can not still with a Buhari. If you disagree it means you still dont fully understand the mechanics of Nigerian politics
nwabobo:
He tried.
Re: See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics by Bamz(m): 9:50am On Nov 21, 2016
Aufbauh:

Wa shere alaye!
Re: See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics by progress69: 9:53am On Nov 21, 2016
luvinhubby:

Oil slide started 1 yr before GEJ handed over, how do you explain that if zombieism can allow you?
Yes, maybe you shoulfld explain why GEJ was already borrowing to meet recurrent expenditure like pay salaries since 2014 even when he sold oil for an average of $100/barrel for 3 years. Even at $70 ur goddess Okonjo was already shouting austerity measures, tough times ahead, Nigeira may slip into reccession if oil slide continues. How many states were already having back log of unpaid salaries before Jonathan handed over, and Buhari had to bail them out. Are those not clear signs of trouble.? Then oil slid to a record low of $28/barrel which is even below the cost of production just few months after and you are here making some silly comparisons. Even your goddess said it with her mou that we are were we are cos of Jonathan's lack of polical will to save. If being a zombie makes me smarter than your generations, i rather remain a zombie. Too many dumb clowns on NL
Re: See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics by Bimpe29: 10:01am On Nov 21, 2016
Nope! Both of them are to be blamed. GEJ laid the foundation of present day sufferings in Nigeria, and PMB is building and compounding on it. They are not feeling what majority are passing through. They are still living large and comfortably as ever.
Re: See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics by chernest2002: 10:20am On Nov 21, 2016
Aufbauh:

buhari hard man attitude scared investors and many have to pull their money and that alone caused forex scarcity and naira nosedive from 200 to 400.is it gej fault that your stubborn president could not listen, Trump have started appointing his cabinet from the day he was declared winner, but your only Nigerian saint could not do anything in seven months, the earlier buhari leave office the better for us .

1 Like

Re: See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics by altitudee: 11:01am On Nov 21, 2016
Kfed4ril:

Bro I think u knw this already but you are blinded by sentiment.
Buhari economic plans are the worst in history of existence of humans.
It took your so called buhari six months to appoint audu ogbe, rotimi Ameachi and co.
How would you expect you agricultural sector to thrive when we have somebody like audu ogbe running affairs of the ministry. That's just to mention a few

That his 5% speech plus the fact that when he came into power he stopped the Niger delta amnesty program which resulted to NDA and co.

Lemme ask you why did buhari stop the use of our Nigerian debit card outside the shores of Nigeria. Will that stupid move help strengthen the naira against the dollar? Those are the kind of stupid decisions your buhari takes.

thanks for the information, however your statement is not justified.
what is NDA n co for? are they repairing or destroying Nigeria?
"Nigeria Debit card outside the shores of Nigeria" this statement/act has nothing to do with the strengthen of Naira... The value of currency depends on what the nation is producing/manufacturing/selling...import and export... we export only Crude oil, since the value of crude falls generally so also the value of our naira.... look at it this way...when demand of a product is high and u re the only sole producer of that product whatever price u decided on, that is the price they will all pay... Solution to Nigeria is by claiming the president of Nigeria is not your President just has u have stated above...i'm not sentimental but let give everybody a chance...Nigerians has give fours to prove himself if he does not perform we elect some else....
Re: See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics by teflondoncuzo(m): 11:38am On Nov 21, 2016
Aufbauh:

U are blessed for these

1 Like

Re: See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics by Vatsyayana: 12:05pm On Nov 21, 2016
victorazy:

For your mind u've made a salient point abi?
Wise ppl (like GEJ) walks away from shiit and only the f00lish one beckons shiit like treasure grin grin grin una must eat it o!
Una ntorrrr!!!!
grin grin
;

Ayama
Re: See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics by victorazy(m): 12:20pm On Nov 21, 2016
Vatsyayana:

Ayama to u grin
Re: See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics by CzarChris(m): 12:25pm On Nov 21, 2016
thedarkside:

see how you dey contradict yourself....

how can 4 be bigger than 6?..tell me..

islamaphobia is a desease!...
Dude seriously, you need help.
Re: See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics by luvinhubby(m): 12:31pm On Nov 21, 2016
progress69:
Yes, maybe you shoulfld explain why GEJ was already borrowing to meet recurrent expenditure like pay salaries since 2014 even when he sold oil for an average of $100/barrel for 3 years. Even at $70 ur goddess Okonjo was already shouting austerity measures, tough times ahead, Nigeira may slip into reccession if oil slide continues. How many states were already having back log of unpaid salaries before Jonathan handed over, and Buhari had to bail them out. Are those not clear signs of trouble.? Then oil slid to a record low of $28/barrel which is even below the cost of production just few months after and you are here making some silly comparisons. Even your goddess said it with her mou that we are were we are cos of Jonathan's lack of polical will to save. If being a zombie makes me smarter than your generations, i rather remain a zombie. Too many dumb clowns on NL

If you have ever invested in treasury bills, then you will understand that govt borrowing is part of the financial system stimuli. And the economy never dived into gross recession with the GEJ borrowings. Buhari's uncouth utterances started this whole mess.
Re: See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics by pchukwudi: 12:47pm On Nov 21, 2016
You are VERY, VERY sick.

Demon.ic liar.

Annual Average Domestic Crude Oil Prices
(in $/Barrel) Inflation Adjusted to August 2016

1999 $16.56 $23.89
2000 $27.39 $38.29
2001 $23.00 $31.30
2002 $22.81 $30.52
2003 $27.69 $36.26
2004 $37.66 $47.98
2005 $50.04 $61.65
2006 $58.30 $69.64
2007 $64.20 $74.44
2008 $91.48 $102.00
2009 $53.48 $59.93
2010 $71.21 $78.65
2011 $87.04 $93.21
2012 $86.46 $90.72
2013 $91.17 $94.25
2014 $85.60 $87.05
2015 $41.85 $42.53
2016 $34.39 $34.13
http://inflationdata.com/inflation/inflation_rate/historical_oil_prices_table.asp

Although much has been made of its status as a major exporter of oil, oil only contributes about 9% to the GDP. Nigeria produces only about 2.7% of the world's oil...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Nigeria
[s]

Aufbauh:

[/s]

1 Like

Re: See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics by CzarChris(m): 1:03pm On Nov 21, 2016
mikooolud:
fear dey catch me on our reasoning level in this country. Se na baba economy policies caused the present situation we are in, the man have spent just one year plus and we blame him for everything. water no dey na bubu fault, u no fit shit for toilet na bubu, hope u know that people are moving forward, u beta ask them how they are doing it and quit complaining. GEJ made a mess of this country and if he were to remain, I dont think naija will be settled now. it would have been worse. bro look for ur opportunity and make sense
I have just a few questions for you. Was it GEJ's policy that caused a strangle hold on FX that made the dollar scarce and inadvertently made the naira nosedive knowing that we don't have what it takes to compete with the greenback? President Buhari made a complete mess of the system and all he could do was blame it on the previous administration. Why? His "body language" pursued foreign investors from here. The NSE is bleeding seriously. He removed subsidy, we are now paying more for fuel, what happened to the money saved from subsidy? Since you get sense, try use am small. People are moving forward? Who? Even Dangote is hard hit by this recession. Please feed yourself and stop depending on your parents, then you will know what this country is passing through. People like you are the ones who tell Buhari that anybody complaining is a PDP member. Go to the streets, do you know how many people who lost their jobs? Do you know how many people who can't even eat? Spear me the sycophantic nonsense, Buhari is a failure.
Re: See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics by biopat(m): 1:43pm On Nov 21, 2016
Topmaike007:
how did he devalue your naira when all what you Nigerians do is dependable on foreign goods only... When naira was equivalent to dollar we were producing our things ourselves.. For instance the volkswagen kano produce lots of the car our parents use back then.. The oil we were exporting then wasn't crude oil but palm oil. But now we even import the same palm oil from foreign countries claiming is the best and abandoning our prestigious agriculture Nigeria can never conquer Dollar unless we start investing and producing our own things our selves.
Japan conquer USA after the world war with self production they believe in what they do than what other nations bring..

You made it seem like Nigerians started depending on foreign goods right from the day PMB was sworn in. We were consuming foreign goods before PMB came on board but we never had it this bad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Visit: Six Governors Depart Abuja For London On Presidential Jet (photos) / Court Stops INEC From Issuing Certificate Of Return In Akwa Ibom / Rotimi Akeredolu Emerges As APC Governorship Candidate In Ondo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.