Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,149 members, 7,849,577 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:59 AM

'monkey Attack' On Girl Sparks Deadly Clashes In Libya - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'monkey Attack' On Girl Sparks Deadly Clashes In Libya (675 Views)

Libya Embassy In Nigeria Releases Statement On Slavery In Libya (Pictured) / Slavery In Libya: FFK Shares Graphic Picture Of What Sub-saharan Africans Face / IPOB Clashes With Soldiers At Isigate, Umuahia... Happening Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'monkey Attack' On Girl Sparks Deadly Clashes In Libya by Nobody: 4:52pm On Nov 21, 2016
Clan fighting has left at least 20 people dead in the south Libyan town of Sabha after an incident with a monkey, medical sources say.

The pet monkey assaulted a schoolgirl, leading her family to seek revenge. Three young men were killed along with the animal in initial clashes.

Days of fighting followed between the Awlad Suleiman and Guedadfa clans.

Casualties may be greater as the death toll is reportedlyfor the Awlad Suleiman group only.

Reports suggest tanks, rockets, mortars and other heavy weapons were used in the fighting, in which at least 50 people were also wounded.

The three men with the monkey at the time of the assault were from the Guedadfa community, the same as the late Libyan leader, Muammar Gaddafi.

It appears the monkey may have pulled off the girl's headscarf as well as scratching and biting her.

The relationship between the two communities is said to have been strained for many years.

Sabha is a hub for trafficking in migrants and arms in Libya's often neglected south.

Re: 'monkey Attack' On Girl Sparks Deadly Clashes In Libya by Elkay3: 4:57pm On Nov 21, 2016
I pray the spirit of Gaddafi shall forgive them...
Re: 'monkey Attack' On Girl Sparks Deadly Clashes In Libya by Nobody: 4:57pm On Nov 21, 2016
Hmmm... End-time Arabic monkey.
Re: 'monkey Attack' On Girl Sparks Deadly Clashes In Libya by Nobody: 4:59pm On Nov 21, 2016
Elkay3:
I pray the spirit of Gaddafi shall forgive them...

Bros...where u frm? Why u come steal FTC for my own post?

1 Like

Re: 'monkey Attack' On Girl Sparks Deadly Clashes In Libya by Elkay3: 5:03pm On Nov 21, 2016
givan:

Bros...where u frm? Why u come steal FTC for my own post?

Oga no vex, Oya as oga boss wae u b, just drop me something carry the FTC. We go sign handing over document.
Re: 'monkey Attack' On Girl Sparks Deadly Clashes In Libya by project8(m): 5:09pm On Nov 21, 2016
Rip to gaddafi.he had good plans fr his country bt greed,mumuness and ingrates no allow that plan
.una sufferness continues...
Re: 'monkey Attack' On Girl Sparks Deadly Clashes In Libya by thedarkside: 5:10pm On Nov 21, 2016
ahhh..i was informed that the gates of libya was stormed...i have the video..but not allowed to post it..

it was ceremonial...but i got the message..

they said, no reason to burn the ol north-africa till the gates of libya...

orders i must obey!!!!...

now is to strenghten the legitimate goverment of libya,by depriving boko haram,isis and rebel groups of weapons..

we are already on the gates of libya...

that went quick.. shocked shocked shocked..

sai...

(1) (Reply)

Lovette Idisi Wins Best House Of Representative Of The Year 2016 Award At Peace / …over Our Silence On The Southern Kaduna Crisis / Retired Permanent Secretary Arrested With 149 Suvs By Efcc In Bayelsa State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.