Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

3 Bedroom Design On A Half Plot By A Female Nairalander. Come Let Rub Minds - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 3 Bedroom Design On A Half Plot By A Female Nairalander. Come Let Rub Minds (73938 Views)

Bedroom Design Ideas : The Most Beautiful Ideas For You / Simple but stylish One Bedroom Design Interior and Plan (PHOTOS) / watch the video of this etate buy 5 & get 1 at 700k per plot (by The Road) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Bedroom Design On A Half Plot By A Female Nairalander. Come Let Rub Minds by AmasB(f): 12:58pm On Nov 22, 2016
Nice work can i have your digit
Re: 3 Bedroom Design On A Half Plot By A Female Nairalander. Come Let Rub Minds by Truefederalism(m): 1:03pm On Nov 22, 2016
princemi:

Hi miss, i just sent you a P.M but am in doubt as to whether you'll reply so I'll just ask my question here...

Am a prospective architect, during my I.T i met this practicing architect who on discovering i know how to use CAD has been sub contracting his jobs to me but he underpays me. Long story short; i got used to his pricing that when i meet a potential client i find it difficult to quote them a price so they either use me or not take me serious... So i guess what am asking is since you deal with your clients directly, I'd like you to give me probable price for a job like this. It mustn't be an exact figure just something to guide me in the future... Thanks

I reckon you did not ask me but let me say this. There is a professional scale of fees for architects. You can check that out. It shows how you can calculate for whatever design you are engaging in.
But then you are a student architect who's primary goal is to survive. My advise; ask around, noy your classmates though.
Personally when I was in school I never collected anything less than 120k for any design. I never designed a bungalow though. I did a church in Lagos for 450k as a student and that was with abeg and PR considerations. That church got me a number of other housing projects in Lagos...and I was in the east. These were few. I also never accepted works which the client is not willing to pay for structural, mechanical, and electrical. I never did them myself. Let other professionals eat...the standard of your future practice is set today.
I've also lost jobs because I quoted small prices. They take you as unserious or incompetent.

Do not focus on the money. Focus on the quality of your services, and when you do, they will not bargain for long. Architecture is not about 3Ds, people.

This attitude got reinforced after my BSc. I'd gone for a presentation with my boss and saw him finalize at 1m naira for a duplex. He is registered, and you should strive towards that. We all should. I know a registered architect who designed a hotel for 15million.

You people should leave all these hungry clients to draughtsmen. Lets build architecture together.

Ask your senior collegues who charge better. Let them tutor you. There will be no gain in telling you prices here.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Bedroom Design On A Half Plot By A Female Nairalander. Come Let Rub Minds by chrisj2(m): 1:03pm On Nov 22, 2016
IMPO, unless you are going to use an extractor system, the kitchen will need at least 2 windows to prevent kitchen smells wafting into the lobby and all over.
Re: 3 Bedroom Design On A Half Plot By A Female Nairalander. Come Let Rub Minds by ayoolab: 1:04pm On Nov 22, 2016
this is beautiful!

job welldone
Re: 3 Bedroom Design On A Half Plot By A Female Nairalander. Come Let Rub Minds by hammedkola(m): 1:06pm On Nov 22, 2016
nikkypearl:
I want to appreciate oga seun for this wonderful forum..my longtime friend lalasticlala..all the mods and fellow nairalander...

I created my last thread basically for three reasons..

.to catch fun

.to encourage fellow ladies to be hardworking and independent. .

.to erase the mentality of tagging every women "olosho"
grin grin
but fortunately for me...the thread turned out to be another golden opportunity. ..

many nairalanders contacted me..but 40% turn out to be prospective clients...I met this particular nairalander on the 18th of this month..we went to his site together at dalemo before sango..the land is just an half plot(60ft×60ft). .but I promised to come up with something nice..just yesterday morning..I sent him these presentation drawings. .he was amazed..and immediately asked for my professional fee..I told him..to my surprise. .he requested for my acct number and 45minutes later..I got an alert (Godwin)...

The most amazing thing is that he deducted just a little out of the amount I requested for..and asked me to go ahead with the working drawings. ..
I am so glad..not only becoz of the money..but the fact that something beautiful like diz came up from nairaland...

NOTE... ..
he personally asked me to paste the drawing here incase some people might want to incorporate their own ideas before I finish the working drawings. .

thanks to my client. . (smiles) and to all viewers. .looking forward to your beautiful ideas and annoying critism
one love....

Nice work, how much is estimated to finish this house?
Re: 3 Bedroom Design On A Half Plot By A Female Nairalander. Come Let Rub Minds by Phyde: 1:12pm On Nov 22, 2016
nikkypearl:
I want to appreciate oga seun for this wonderful forum..my longtime friend lalasticlala..all the mods and fellow nairalander...

.to catch fun

grin grin
but fortunately for me...the thread turned out to be another golden opportunity. ..

many nairalanders contacted me..but 40% turn out to be prospective clients...I met this particular nairalander on the 18th of this month..we went to his site together at dalemo before sango..the land is just an half plot(60ft×60ft). .but I promised to come up with something nice..just yesterday morning..I sent him these presentation drawings. .he was amazed..and immediately asked for my professional fee..I told him..to my surprise. .he requested for my acct number and 45minutes later..I got an alert (Godwin)...

The most amazing thing is that he deducted just a little out of the amount I requested for..and asked me to go ahead with the working drawings. ..
I am so glad..not only becoz of the money..but the fact that something beautiful like diz came up from nairaland...

NOTE... ..
he personally asked me to paste the drawing here incase some people might want to incorporate their own ideas before I finish the working drawings. .

thanks to my client. . (smiles) and to all viewers. .looking forward to your beautiful ideas and annoying critism
one love....

PM me your digit.
Re: 3 Bedroom Design On A Half Plot By A Female Nairalander. Come Let Rub Minds by lielbree: 1:13pm On Nov 22, 2016
firstolalekan:
Half a plot is [size=28pt]Poverty[/size]
Broke asś bastard, how many you get? angry

1 Like

Re: 3 Bedroom Design On A Half Plot By A Female Nairalander. Come Let Rub Minds by gidgiddy: 1:20pm On Nov 22, 2016
I wonder how much something like this might cost to errect minus cost of land?
Re: 3 Bedroom Design On A Half Plot By A Female Nairalander. Come Let Rub Minds by crazygod(m): 1:21pm On Nov 22, 2016
Mikylopez:
on top half plot? Dat asyd it depends on the budget and what the person. Wants......... Its nor by force. To comment. Kwanu
U quote me and u replied a comment I made and still went ahead to tell me 'its not by force to comment'.....was that really necessary? So to have a guest rest room is a big deal now abi? See how u fine yet......... No vez me o

1 Like

Re: 3 Bedroom Design On A Half Plot By A Female Nairalander. Come Let Rub Minds by Clonus: 1:25pm On Nov 22, 2016
nikky i must say i am really impressed.
i have two comments to make though;1) i noticed there is no provision for visitors toilet 2) i have one plot(100 x 50) of land in PH.
the problem is i want to build something small say a two bedroom at the rear till i am ready to raise something substantial on it.
is it possible, can you be of help
Re: 3 Bedroom Design On A Half Plot By A Female Nairalander. Come Let Rub Minds by Nobody: 1:27pm On Nov 22, 2016
how do i contact you i love this

1 Like

Re: 3 Bedroom Design On A Half Plot By A Female Nairalander. Come Let Rub Minds by AbusM(m): 1:35pm On Nov 22, 2016
nikkypearl:

.to catch fun

grin grin

NOTE... ..

one love....

kindly let me have your contact details architect. We might have a business Thank you.
Re: 3 Bedroom Design On A Half Plot By A Female Nairalander. Come Let Rub Minds by naira2usd2naira(m): 1:35pm On Nov 22, 2016
Good job poster...If i was the owner of the house...here would be my feedbacks...

1. 2 side railing need to be on the Entrance and one front railing just after climbing the steps...You want to ensure kids in the room dont fall off the stairs.
2. Each bedroom should have 2 big windows ( and not 4 small)...I dont wana always need to goto 4 windows vs 2 windows whenever i wana open or close.
3. The Flower kerbs just beside the wall of the house are not good design - U will have all sort of creepy animals climb from the grasses into the windows. Also...Rain water will sit and percolate into the soil and u will start to notice peeling of the paint and the wetness of the walls in few yrs.
I recommend to have the kerbs by the fence or completely avoid them if possible.
4. What stops you from extending kitchen and Store walls to match with bedroom 2 walls........This makes the Lounge and dinning bigger.
5. lastly, I am an advocate of clean design......I still dont understand why Nigerian like the idea of store in a house....It just creates a breeding space for rodents...coz once you know there is a store, you will always be tempted to keep things that you dont need....I rather prefer you convert it to a closet (washing/laundry room) to keep washing machines, dirty cloths and do ironing also.....

Once again...good job poster!!!

5 Likes

Re: 3 Bedroom Design On A Half Plot By A Female Nairalander. Come Let Rub Minds by demzylahot(m): 1:42pm On Nov 22, 2016
Shouldn't the kitchen/store have an exit incase of fire or any other emergency? The internal privacy is poor, a visitor can sit in the lounge and observe everything that's going on in the house

1 Like

Re: 3 Bedroom Design On A Half Plot By A Female Nairalander. Come Let Rub Minds by Kassidy90(m): 1:44pm On Nov 22, 2016
crazygod:
No guest rest room? Try and create one pls. Thanks
Beside the room 2 at the left side though not labelled
Re: 3 Bedroom Design On A Half Plot By A Female Nairalander. Come Let Rub Minds by BHarmony(m): 1:44pm On Nov 22, 2016
Nice job you have done. What is the total cost of building such structure on half a plot?
Re: 3 Bedroom Design On A Half Plot By A Female Nairalander. Come Let Rub Minds by brainiac228(m): 1:45pm On Nov 22, 2016
really nice keep it up hook me up please
Re: 3 Bedroom Design On A Half Plot By A Female Nairalander. Come Let Rub Minds by eph12(m): 1:47pm On Nov 22, 2016
koolaid87:

You don greet the celebrant ;wetin concern you with guys wey need oloshos?

Celebrant, way to go!
Ayam not understanding o. Who dey celebrate abeg?
Re: 3 Bedroom Design On A Half Plot By A Female Nairalander. Come Let Rub Minds by Fargbaba: 1:47pm On Nov 22, 2016
Bishop:
That was a nice design, may i ask why bedroom 1, is not ensuite like the others

Please check all rooms are with toilet
Re: 3 Bedroom Design On A Half Plot By A Female Nairalander. Come Let Rub Minds by uniQybaba: 1:51pm On Nov 22, 2016
Nice job but just 2 observations
1. Master bedroom is most ideal at the front
2. A bit of wasted spaces considering its designed on half plot

On the overall 6/10
Re: 3 Bedroom Design On A Half Plot By A Female Nairalander. Come Let Rub Minds by Nobody: 1:52pm On Nov 22, 2016
nikkypearl:
ok..thanks. .there is one window already. .there is no need for cross ventilation in a kitchen wink

grin grin

pls pls if there is no outside door plan for the kitchen, try and add it o.
I find houses that have kitchen doors opening to the outside, very convenient. You can open door for fresh air when frying or making hot semo grin

And there is the other advantage of having another outlet. Even modern upstairs should have it.

Ur plan is very fine. May call you when we want to build. Thumbs up dear

modified- I think I have seen one of the kitchen doors opening unto the terrace.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Bedroom Design On A Half Plot By A Female Nairalander. Come Let Rub Minds by linearity: 1:55pm On Nov 22, 2016
bud stuff, how much is the average fees for a design like this?
Re: 3 Bedroom Design On A Half Plot By A Female Nairalander. Come Let Rub Minds by piagetskinner(m): 1:57pm On Nov 22, 2016
Dope design....
Re: 3 Bedroom Design On A Half Plot By A Female Nairalander. Come Let Rub Minds by armadeo(m): 1:58pm On Nov 22, 2016
henryboff:
I think this is a nice design. My only issue is that I feel that there are too many toilets and bathrooms ( I don't understand why every room should have a toilet and bathroom). This is just my opinion anyways.

Dude gone are the days when you leave your room to go to the toilet or have your bathe.

Most houses these days make en suite rooms

1 Like

Re: 3 Bedroom Design On A Half Plot By A Female Nairalander. Come Let Rub Minds by Fargbaba: 2:00pm On Nov 22, 2016
Clonus:
nikky i must say i am really impressed.
i have two comments to make though;1) i noticed there is no provision for visitors toilet 2) i have one plot(100 x 50) of land in PH.
the problem is i want to build something small say a two bedroom at the rear till i am ready to raise something substantial on it.
is it possible, can you be of help

Please there is a visitors toilet beside the living room.
Re: 3 Bedroom Design On A Half Plot By A Female Nairalander. Come Let Rub Minds by Hollar007(m): 2:04pm On Nov 22, 2016
FreeWorld23:
Nice and simple
Adding one window to the kitchen won't be bad smiley
Nice observation there bro.... But she tried

1 Like

Re: 3 Bedroom Design On A Half Plot By A Female Nairalander. Come Let Rub Minds by armadeo(m): 2:04pm On Nov 22, 2016
Iseoluwani:

grin grin

Wicked!!!!

1 Like

Re: 3 Bedroom Design On A Half Plot By A Female Nairalander. Come Let Rub Minds by sweetilicious(f): 2:08pm On Nov 22, 2016
I will build an estate. AMEN
Re: 3 Bedroom Design On A Half Plot By A Female Nairalander. Come Let Rub Minds by Nobody: 2:10pm On Nov 22, 2016
Nice , although I would prefer that bedroom 2 be redesigned, its too close to the palor, bedroom doors should not open to the lobby, theres need for privacy, unless bedroom 2 will serve as visitors bedroom. cheesy
Re: 3 Bedroom Design On A Half Plot By A Female Nairalander. Come Let Rub Minds by Fargbaba: 2:11pm On Nov 22, 2016
This tread is getting intresting. Different strokes and different ideas. Wow.
Re: 3 Bedroom Design On A Half Plot By A Female Nairalander. Come Let Rub Minds by FreeWorld23: 2:11pm On Nov 22, 2016
SweetJoystick:

I'll go for cross ventilation being that most kitchens are always hot due to heat being generated there from cooking
you av replied her already.

There is a window space there but I don't know why she didn't put one. No amount of window is too much for a kitchen

Nikkypearl
Re: 3 Bedroom Design On A Half Plot By A Female Nairalander. Come Let Rub Minds by oskool: 2:11pm On Nov 22, 2016
waooo thats good shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Journey To Building My Two Bedroom Apartment / How Much Will It Cost To Roof This House? / Man Baths And Swims In His Flooded House (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.