Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,237 members, 7,829,431 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

Thugs Disrupt Protest Against N300m Pension For Ex Edo Governors (Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thugs Disrupt Protest Against N300m Pension For Ex Edo Governors (Photos) (20315 Views)

Mariya Sanusi Dantata, Dangote's Mother, Visited By APC Governors (Photos) / Nnamdi Kanu Meets With South-East Senators & Ex Governors (Photos) / Dalington Udeh Thugs Disrupt NASSLAF Inauguration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thugs Disrupt Protest Against N300m Pension For Ex Edo Governors (Photos) by Izonpikin: 3:14pm On Nov 22, 2016
clevadani:
This is totally unacceptable. When did Nigeria turn into a zoo.
When will these cretins realize that they are being used to advance the selfish interests of these evil politicians whether apc or Pdp?
That pension will not and cannot be allowed to stand. What kind of nonsense is this? Where you forced to be a governor? Is the amount u pocketed while in office not enough? What on earth is wrong with Africans? After robbing us while in office, u want to continue robbing us out of office. Enough is enough for all these criminals.
if I say we lynch our leaders the moderators will call for a ban..what or who else can save us from our leaders except ourselves..
Re: Thugs Disrupt Protest Against N300m Pension For Ex Edo Governors (Photos) by josepacified: 4:21pm On Nov 22, 2016
[quote author=londonrivals post=51264096]Some political thugs disrupt the peaceful protest against the obnoxious N300Million pension for Oshiomhole, Odubu and others . See photos below

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/11/photos-political-thugs-disrupt-protest.html

Despite the absurdity of a group of people in squandering the little from the FG which couldn't be generated internally from this state some would still come with comparison to a state like Lagos which could stand on its own in making such provision to its ex-governors.
And talking of ex governors and deputies, then we are talking of something like a 1000million naira, which I believe shared among 1000 young potential entrepreneurs handicapped by lack of fund will go a long way. Even with the assumption that 500 failed in their business venture then the 500 success is mostly employing 2 more, which makes 1500 off the labour market in the state.
And is it that these individuals are all living in a rented apartments?, when someone is about to be evicted to the streets in this state.
No argument as to what the $30billion loan is to be used for.
Re: Thugs Disrupt Protest Against N300m Pension For Ex Edo Governors (Photos) by teemy(m): 4:34pm On Nov 22, 2016
300 million, isn't that close to the amount the whole of osun got for october?
Re: Thugs Disrupt Protest Against N300m Pension For Ex Edo Governors (Photos) by southernbelle(f): 4:56pm On Nov 22, 2016
Oshiomole the devilish tortoise, forever cunning.
Just imagine what he wants now, as if he hasn't stashed enough money away.
Judgement for you and your cronies will begin here on earth.

2 Likes

Re: Thugs Disrupt Protest Against N300m Pension For Ex Edo Governors (Photos) by UyiIredi(m): 5:03pm On Nov 22, 2016
I have never once believed APC will bring change to this country and this nonsense just goes to prove it.

1 Like

Re: Thugs Disrupt Protest Against N300m Pension For Ex Edo Governors (Photos) by martin123: 5:42pm On Nov 22, 2016
this same thing happened when we protested against toll collection in Lekki. it is not new too me, this is the method APC is now adopting, to use tugs against peaceful protesters. If there is a retaliation, they will say it is opposition party.always blaming . From Comrad to Come-and-Raid

1 Like

Re: Thugs Disrupt Protest Against N300m Pension For Ex Edo Governors (Photos) by Walelavender(m): 5:53pm On Nov 22, 2016
This is appalling and very unfortunate. Swearing in for Obaseki was done couple of days ago and the next thing is to reward his benefactor. The former comrade governor had installed his puppet...

God will punish our treasury looters who couldn't pay our old pensioners but can credit their padi.

1 Like

Re: Thugs Disrupt Protest Against N300m Pension For Ex Edo Governors (Photos) by Pylony(m): 5:54pm On Nov 22, 2016
Nigerian Politicians are forever Thieves.. barawooo.. Olleee.. Their pit section in hell is boiling with red hot brimstones...

Tell them i mon say so, they should send their dogs the DSS on me.
Re: Thugs Disrupt Protest Against N300m Pension For Ex Edo Governors (Photos) by Uniben4sure: 6:11pm On Nov 22, 2016
DDeliverer:
Nobody should complain oo

The foolish Edo people sold their right to protest or complain...

Uselss people...
Edo people are not foolish! They were unanimous in voting for Ize Iyamu. Oshiomole connived with the police to rig the election.

Let's just hope that the court would do the right thing
Re: Thugs Disrupt Protest Against N300m Pension For Ex Edo Governors (Photos) by arazanbal: 8:57pm On Nov 22, 2016
Osalobouawen,Jesu Christi,orionorwien,have mercy,edo state will finialy die under osho baba boys obaseki and shaibu,they are using all kinds of ligallity to justify there loots,dis just the biginning of the looting

1 Like

Re: Thugs Disrupt Protest Against N300m Pension For Ex Edo Governors (Photos) by samuelUMOH(m): 9:19pm On Nov 22, 2016
A SELF DECEIVING COUNTRY CALLED NIGERIA

Twenty-one senators currently receiving pensions from government as ex-governors and deputy governors.

The current senators who once served as governors are Bukola Saraki of Kwara, Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso of Kano, Kabiru Gaya of Kano, Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom, Theodore Orji of Abia, Abdullahi Adamu of Nasarawa, Sam Egwu of Ebonyi, Shaaba Lafiagi of Kwara, Joshua Dariye of Plateau Jonah Jang of Plateau, Aliyu Magatakarda Wamakko of Sokoto, Ahmed Sani Yarima of Zamfara, Danjuma Goje of Gombe, Bukar Abba Ibrahim of Yobe, Adamu Aliero of Kebbi, George Akume of Benue and Isiaka Adeleke of Osun.

The former deputy governors in the Senate are Ms Biodun Olujimi of Ekiti and Enyinaya Harcourt Abaribe of Abia. Danladi Abubakar Sani served as the acting governor of Taraba state.

Many former governors are also in Buhari's Cabinet as Ministers. This includes: Ngige, Fayemi, Amaechi and Fashola (SAN).).

In Akwa Ibom State, the law provides that ex governors and deputy governors receive pension equivalent to the salaries of the incumbent. The package also includes a new official car and a utility vehicle every four years; one personal aide; a cook, chauffeurs and security guards for the governor at a sum not exceeding N5 million per month and N2.5 million for his deputy governor.

In Rivers, the law provides 100 percent of annual basic salaries for the ex-governor and deputy, one residential house for the former governor “anywhere of his choice in Nigeria”; one residential house anywhere in Rivers for the deputy, three cars for the ex-governor every four years and two cars for the deputy every four years.

It is alledged that in Lagos, a former governor will get two houses, one in Lagos and another in Abuja, estimated at N500 million in Lagos and N700 million in Abuja. He also receives six new cars to be replaced every three years; a furniture allowance of 300 percent of annual salary to be paid every two years, and a N30 million pension annually for life.

This is the reality for all the 21 ex govenors and deputy governors who are currently serving as senators. This same is also true of ex governors who are now serving as Ministers.

NOW I ASK:
How many years did these guys serve their states as governors and deputy governors? Is it more than 8years? Is that a reason to be entitled to pensions for life? Even if they are entitled to pension for life, must it be so outrageous?

As if that is not enough: HOW on earth can any public servant with conscience collect salaries and allowances as a senator or minister, and still have the audacity to claim pensions equivalent to the salaries of a serving governor in Nigeria?

IT ISN'T ROCKET SCIENCE......

Once you are elected a senator or appointed a minister, you must forfeit any pension accruing to you from government at any level until you vacate office. This should also apply to senators collecting military pensions like former Senate President David Mark.

Yet these senators are in the Senate that is inviting the current finance minister to discuss the recession of Nigeria's economy. A senator pockets approximately 30 million naira monthly as salary and allowances. Our "honourables" are not interested to make laws that could restructure our country into economically autonomous federating States/Regions to save the country from sectional agitations that is threatening to destroy Nigeria. The sad and hopeless situation is that the rest of Nigerians are busy arguing based on party, ethnic and affiliations while these enemies of state continue to rape us.

Do you know that it costs tax payers 290m Naira yearly to maintain each member of our National Assembly in a country where nothing works & 80% of population earn below 300 Naira a day ? A working day earning of a senator is more than a yearly income of a doctor; it's more than the salary of 42 Army generals or 48 professors or 70 commissioners of police or more than twice the pay of the US President or 9 times the salary of US congressmen.

It's high time the country had a referendum on those outrageous salaries of Senators, House of Representative members and other political office holders.

*If you are seriously against the looting of our commonwealth in Nigeria, in the name of democracy, you can let this piece go viral by sharing it with as many of your contacts and groups too!*( copied) Dr Bello Diran

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thugs Disrupt Protest Against N300m Pension For Ex Edo Governors (Photos) by hayzed1090: 9:39pm On Nov 22, 2016
jahsson:
Nigeria is the only country were we chant praises to our Governors, ministers and Presidents for doing their job... Jobs they are being paid with our oil money to do... If a Governor builds a school we hail him.. A hospital, we create billboards to sing his praise...
These are things they are meant to do... It is part of the job description....

I ONCE to wept for Nigeria.. Until i realized that my tears was worth way more than this country in its entirety ... I am sorry for it.. But it is the honest truth..

I grew up listening to the masses hailing Nepa when they do their job... I grew up listening to the abundant praises bestowed on our heartless politicians when they halfway complete a project... We have been drowned in poverty so much so that it is the Norm to believe that what we get is what we deserve....

The youths (me inclusive) have become soooo tribalistic and religion conscious that we tend to attack each other rather than stand for one another... We put culture, tradition, religion and political party growth over the growth of our Country NIGERIA...

Nevertheless... JAH$ON IS WATCHING...
#PLU (Peace, Love and Unity)

Bros I Tire o. I tot I noticed all this nonsense alone. Abi y will some1 b Shouting sai baba or goodluck as if dey did something for d nation with their family income.
Re: Thugs Disrupt Protest Against N300m Pension For Ex Edo Governors (Photos) by precious1967(m): 9:44pm On Nov 22, 2016
what are we expectin from thugs and their paymaster than problems.
Re: Thugs Disrupt Protest Against N300m Pension For Ex Edo Governors (Photos) by Airoflaw(m): 7:47am On Nov 23, 2016
genghiskhan007:
Good for dwm...y didn't they protest wen as a senator saraki was still taking salary meant for a governor.....pastor iyamu shld foott their medical bills
kwarans has been sarakilized...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Basil Atangana Kuna Arrested In Nigeria After Being Barred From Traveling. PICS / June 12: Tinubu Warns Against Dictatorship / FG To Restart Direct Cash Transfers To 12 Million Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.