Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,177 members, 7,957,399 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:05 PM

Pros And Cons Of A Working Wife [must read for men] - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pros And Cons Of A Working Wife [must read for men] (21141 Views)

Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Stable Marriage (a Must Read for young ladies) / How Does A Working Couple Cope Without A Maid? / Ways To Be A Good Working Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pros And Cons Of A Working Wife [must read for men] by toyeem(f): 8:29am On Nov 24, 2016
CHARLESTON007:
Better a workingwife than a lazy ass woman who just sits at home all day doing nothing other getting fatter on top my hard earned money#fact

Seriously, I don't get you. So a woman that stays at home does nothing other than getting fat. For your information, most women that stay at home do so for some basic reasons. For example,would you prefer your wife working for a 8-5job with a salary of 35k while you have two children to cater for and you pay extra money for after-school /nanny or staying at home, doing a small business and having time for your children.
Pls note, I am not a stay-at-home woman but I respect every woman that makes that decision to stay at home.

2 Likes

Re: Pros And Cons Of A Working Wife [must read for men] by repogirl(f): 9:15am On Nov 24, 2016
toyeem:

Seriously, I don't get you. So a woman that stays at home does nothing other than getting fat. For your information, most women that stay at home do so for some basic reasons. For example,would you prefer your wife working for a 8-5job with a salary of 35k while you have two children to cater for and you pay extra money for after-school /nanny or staying at home, doing a small business and having time for your children.
Pls note, I am not a stay-at-home woman but I respect every woman that makes that decision to stay at home.
We stay at home moms have suffered seriously I tell you.

I am a stay at home wife and even though I have a side business I do to earn small cash on the side, let's face it my family takes up my whole time.

I have no maid and I have three kids to prep for school everyday. So, I wake up at four thirty am, prepare their lunch bags, wake them at 5.30 am and begin dressing them for school. I understand my husband has a busy day ahead so I allow him sleep in till 6.30 or 7 am when I wake him to start his preparations for work.

The kids leave for school at 7.30,i have to pick the youngest at 1.30pm and the others return at 3pm. So I have roughly five hours to clean(plates, wash husband, children, my clothes, iron and also work on my personal business which I don't have enough time for as I have so many other things that need my time.

The kids come back and lunch has to be ready for them. I help all of them with their home work and at the same time work on dinner.

After homework and lunch , they rest and I get into the kitchen. Hubby returns, if the children haven't eaten, he helps feed them. I go into kitchen to wash and clean, have my own dinner and relax. Work on my personal stuff and then sleep to wake at four thirty again.

These days NEPA hardly brings light and it just messes up my routine and I spend more time doing stuff like washing clothes by hand, preparing meals every evening because I can't store food as I don't have a generator to keep the fridge cool. We use an inverter but with this mad light that disappears for days, it doesn't do much.

In all this I can say I enjoy being the stay at home wife. People assume we stay at home watching television, folding our arms and all the work gets done by itself but try staying at home with kids for a week and let's see if your stress level won't be higher than it is when you are at work. I travelled for a week one time and left two kids in my husband's care and he was counting the days till I returned.

My kids do very well in school because their home work and projects are always done, my girl has come first three consecutive times now and if she isn't first, she is in the top three. Her teachers were recently commending my husband asking what we teach her in the house because she is far ahead of her peers. My husband understands it's the work I do for them at home.

After every session, my daughter wins either best in Mathematics or sciences and it makes us all really proud. My mother was a working mother and left me and my siblings in the hands of relatives and the things we went through are stories for another day.

I'm not discouraging working women, but just know that us stay at home moms don't sleep all day. We work in our own homes and even though we dont earn a lot from it, bringing up a well rounded child that makes us proud is payment enough.

When my children get older and depend less on me, I could focus on my self and I'm very okay with that.
Just yesterday my husband was telling me that he knows I need help but help comes with its own issues and I agreed . Anyhow it is, I will manage for now and keep doing my side stuff when I have the time.

15 Likes

Re: Pros And Cons Of A Working Wife [must read for men] by pepigeorge(m): 10:06am On Nov 24, 2016
Bisjosh:
It feels good to be a working class lady grin cool

Working class lady.... most combine two jobs...lol... office work n pvssy work...... I guess all nigerian gals re working classs
its either they work in d office or pvssy work or both
Re: Pros And Cons Of A Working Wife [must read for men] by misspicy(f): 10:14am On Nov 24, 2016
humilitypays:
‎Point of correction: female doctors and lawyers aren't the most educated women! Gone are the days doctors and lawyers are considered the most educated, and gone are the days they were the highest paid or highest earners!

I am sure you haven't met professional accountants, nurses, business administrators, journalists, female programmers/coders, engineers and architects, so quit that old mentality of overeating doct‎ors and lawyers cos their era is gone
Nurses even earn higher than doctors nowadays, and journalists are more respected than lawyers in our today world!

Mr Smart cheesy I am sure that in your bid to correct me,you didn't see where I clearly wrote (eg, lawyers and doctors,in case you don't know what eg means,it means for example). I'm sure you can figure out what I mean now smiley

2 Likes

Re: Pros And Cons Of A Working Wife [must read for men] by toyeem(f): 10:15am On Nov 24, 2016
repogirl:

I am a stay at home wife and even though I have a side business I do to earn small cash on the side, let's face it my family takes up my whole time.

I have no maid and I have three kids to prep for school everyday. So, I wake up at four thirty am, prepare their lunch bags, wake them at 5.30 am and begin dressing them for school. I understand my husband has a busy day ahead so I allow him sleep in till 6.30 or 7 am when I wake him to start his preparations for work.

The kids leave for school at 7.30,i have to pick the youngest at 1.30pm and the others return at 3pm. So I have roughly five hours to clean(plates, wash husband, children, my clothes, iron and also work on my personal business which I don't have enough time for as I have so many other things that need my time.

The kids come back and lunch has to be ready for them. I help all of them with their home work and at the same time work on dinner.

After homework and lunch , they rest and I get into the kitchen. Hubby returns, if the children haven't eaten, he helps feed them. I go into kitchen to wash and clean, have my own dinner and relax. Work on my personal stuff and then sleep to wake at four thirty again.

These days NEPA hardly brings light and it just messes up my routine and I spend more time doing stuff like washing clothes by hand, preparing meals every evening because I can't store food as I don't have a generator to keep the fridge cool. We use an inverter but with this mad light that disappears for days, it doesn't do much.

In all this I can say I enjoy being the stay at home wife. People assume we stay at home watching television, folding our arms and all the work gets done by itself but try staying at home with kids for a week and let's see if your stress level won't be higher than it is when you are at work. I travelled for a week one time and left two kids in my husband's care and he was counting the days till I returned.

My kids do very well in school because their home work and projects are always done, my girl has come first three consecutive times now and if she isn't first, she is in the top three. Her teachers were recently commending my husband asking what we teach her in the house because she is far ahead of her peers. My husband understands it's the work I do for them at home.

After every session, my daughter wins either best in Mathematics or sciences and it makes us all really proud. My mother was a working mother and left me and my siblings in the hands of relatives and the things we went through are stories for another day.

I'm not discouraging working women, but just know that us stay at home moms don't sleep all day. We work in our own homes and even though we dont earn a lot from it, bringing up a well rounded child that makes us proud is payment enough.

When my children get older and depend less on me, I could focus on my self and I'm very okay with that.
Just yesterday my husband was telling me that he knows I need help but help comes with its own issues and I agreed . Anyhow it is, I will manage for now and keep doing my side stuff when I have the time.

God bless you beautiful woman. Continue being the best mother and wife, God will crown your effort with success. Your children are calling you blessed and your husband is proud of you. Seriously thinking about this too. Before the end of the year, I might also join you in this ministry.

3 Likes

Re: Pros And Cons Of A Working Wife [must read for men] by misspicy(f): 10:21am On Nov 24, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

But religion just asked for deference from the wives to the husbands that's all . Being the head of the family does not mean your wife should be treated like a nobody . Both need to compromise and come up with something that'll benefit everyone - kids included .

Emassive:
GOD BLESS YOU. Chasing career is what have turned many marriages into satan's footstool and the children into his toy. Both working parents are the kinds that help their children chase goals which in most cases causes them to miss their creation role in Life. This is when they become slaves to wrong ideas and sin in a wrong church. Allowing Satan take charge of their home, turning the destiny of the kids into anything he desires like we are seeing today

I don't see why a woman's success should make the man insecure . You both are a team and should celebrate your success together and learn and make improvements when either of you fail . Encourage the other and build again together . Its not a competition .
It is bad to treat your woman without respect . She could feel unfulfilled in life and unhappy to . She is human and has the propensity to aspire to greater heights .
Its a woman's responsibility to understand her man's ego and try to balance things . Things work out for the both of you when the woman understand this .
If you love each other , both should be willing to make sacrifices for each other . And obliterate any form of selfishness .
Women naturally love men being in charge . But being in charge does not mean ruining her life or being selfish .
√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pros And Cons Of A Working Wife [must read for men] by Nobody: 10:58am On Nov 24, 2016
repogirl:

Godbless u and strengthen u....a time will come wen u wuld ve time for ur biz and it wuld flourish and then u would look bak with no regrets

1 Like

Re: Pros And Cons Of A Working Wife [must read for men] by fhunn: 11:04am On Nov 24, 2016
femi4:
Wrong!
It's not how far but how well. It also depends on the child. That you sit all day with your kids does not mean you ve impacted them positively

first of all, I said 'most' not all.

Secondly, why do you think most Pastors children are wayward, it is not because of lack of prayers but because of lack of parental care and 70%-80% of that care comes from the mothers.

See, no matter how hardened/ strong hearted a human can be, we need at least one close person to share the burden with or to grant us a listening ear once in a while, now we are talking of children, who can easily be blown away by fleeting fantasies of life.

Children are like young sprouts that, even though they have upright trees(parents), can become bent over time by the forces of nature(peer pressure, 'stray' advices, etc) but if the mother is always there she will be the stick that will keep the young child in check so he becomes upright.

Sir, do you know the kind of joy that a child experiences when the child comes homes from school and meets the mother at home, even the joy is contagious sotey the mama go dey sweet mouth the pikin, it is in those moments that a child spills his guts and a mother quickly takes out the 'weeds'.

Nwanne see epistle, if nairaland get bible ehn, at least i sure say i go get one book for there, chapter 1v1 go be like:

"This is the letter of fhunn to femi, while in Nigeria..." :-D

1 Like

Re: Pros And Cons Of A Working Wife [must read for men] by fhunn: 11:13am On Nov 24, 2016
repogirl:

For this I will follow you here on NL, no greater testimony than that of a sincere home mom.

What people dont understand is that the west have become too progressive in certain areas for we africans and that it will be disastrous to engaged in their 'progressivity'(permit me),

Very soon, we will be hearing that a father who doesnt leave inheritance for his children helps his children better than one who left inheritance for even his fourth generation!

2 Likes

Re: Pros And Cons Of A Working Wife [must read for men] by sweetilicious(f): 7:16pm On Nov 24, 2016
zealz4u:
Nigerian economic condition does not encourage wives to be idle dis days except your husband is a politician. Imagine ur wife coming back from work tired when there's no food in d fridge, no one to help in domestic chores and u guys hav a match to play at night. grin

It only takes a God fearing woman to handle it & still runs her home peacefully.
Exactly my dear. My sister is a working class woman and she was able to build her home like a virtuous woman and someone i look up to. No financial stress in her marriage because their income is already planned. Their are some working wives that combines family activities with office activities and at the end of the day, still make the best home. Although, it all depends on the maturity of their partners.
Re: Pros And Cons Of A Working Wife [must read for men] by safex(m): 9:13pm On Nov 26, 2016
I beg to say that a mother could hardly chase 'career' and not pay dearly for it. Staying at home on the other hand is not too good considering its downsides. To strike a balance however, I prefer that a woman get a job that won't take more than 6hrs of her time in a day (like teaching or working in a govt establishment). It's a tough decision for women of nowadays but...life is all about opportunity cost (frankly speaking)
Re: Pros And Cons Of A Working Wife [must read for men] by Nobody: 1:27am On Nov 28, 2016
No mater how much money my future husband will earn, I will never be a house wife. There is a pride, a fulfilment attached to being a working class wife and mother.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? / Court Dissolves 18-Year-Old Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent `Partying’ / About Married Women And Male Friends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.