Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,713 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

Bad Cooks Don't Make Bad Wives - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Bad Cooks Don't Make Bad Wives (21229 Views)

Husbands Cooks For His Pregnant Wife, Feeds & Pampers Her In Warri (Photos) / Nigerian Man In US Cooks For His Wife And Children (Photos) / Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bad Cooks Don't Make Bad Wives by NigeriaKitchen: 5:34pm On Nov 24, 2016
‎With Nigeriakitchen.com, you don't have to rely on any man or woman to help you cook because you will discover how to prepare all meals by yourself.

Nigeriakitchen!
Our Food|Our Pride‎

2 Likes

Re: Bad Cooks Don't Make Bad Wives by Nobody: 5:35pm On Nov 24, 2016
PaperLace:

Why did you delete the comment? It cracked me up. grin grin grin

A bottle of old, ripe, sweet, expensive wine for you. wink
Re: Bad Cooks Don't Make Bad Wives by babythug(f): 5:36pm On Nov 24, 2016
daygee12:

Dont tag it as African mindset, i had dis discussion with an italian colleague yesterday, he said he respects ladies dat can cook dat he can never marry a girl dat cant cook. He said he was upset wen he(italian) visited his friend and finds out dat his friend's girlfriend doesnt want to cook. this is not African mindset only indians and Arab countries respect ladies dat can cook.

You're correct to an extent, I am aware that Indian and Arab men also have such tendencies!

I'm quite surprised though that an Italian man expressed such
Re: Bad Cooks Don't Make Bad Wives by Nobody: 5:36pm On Nov 24, 2016
Mindfulness:

Why did you delete the comment? It cracked me up. grin grin grin

A bottle of old, ripe, sweet, expensive wine for you. wink

Lol.
I felt he wasn't deserving of it jare. grin

1 Like

Re: Bad Cooks Don't Make Bad Wives by Nobody: 5:37pm On Nov 24, 2016
PaperLace:

Lol.
I felt he wasn't deserving of it jare. grin

Very kind! Get her a Swedish whiskey too. smiley kiss
Re: Bad Cooks Don't Make Bad Wives by Kowor(f): 5:38pm On Nov 24, 2016
RoadsAndGreen:
Lolz. funny you called me professor.

hey babe, don't listen to the advise of this girl's on nl oh. don't join their last war. ciao
Lol. won't entirely blame em. But yes sensei.
Re: Bad Cooks Don't Make Bad Wives by RoadsAndGreen(m): 5:39pm On Nov 24, 2016
PaperLace:

I even unquoted after realising no need. wink
Use your head before quoting me next time mbok.
use my head? you really should think it through before you reply people. you grown you know?

1 Like

Re: Bad Cooks Don't Make Bad Wives by derecho(m): 5:40pm On Nov 24, 2016
TheArchangel:
Then why the LABOURING. why the fvcking emphasis on wife being a cook, maid etc.?
Is that how you manage your favour huh?
Cook
Clean
Wash
Sweep
Birth
Etc
Which kain FAVOUR be that huh
Those who want the admiration of their husband and children knows what it means to be married.Grammar will not change the Truth.Only a foolish man will go for a Liability when there is a better option.
A man who gets a virtuous woman is blessed.Read Proverbs 31 and find out the role of wife who deserves the praise of her husband and children.

2 Likes

Re: Bad Cooks Don't Make Bad Wives by humilitypays(m): 5:41pm On Nov 24, 2016
A woman who can't cook for her husband/kids should be able to make enough money to complement that shortcoming of being a bad cook!

Same way, a man who doesn't want to assist his wife in the kitchen should be ready to foot all the family bills!

A wife who can't cook and she is not bringing in enough money‎ to support her husband should better stay single na grin

7 Likes

Re: Bad Cooks Don't Make Bad Wives by omonnakoda: 5:42pm On Nov 24, 2016
babythug:

You're correct to an extent, I am aware that Indian and Arab men also have such tendencies!

It is the same in every single country do not be deceived but those in large urban areas eat more takeaway/mamaput/eatery etc
Re: Bad Cooks Don't Make Bad Wives by Nobody: 5:43pm On Nov 24, 2016
babythug:

And why were you surprised?
Re: Bad Cooks Don't Make Bad Wives by Empredboy(m): 5:43pm On Nov 24, 2016
Pidgin2:

And what do you bring to the table? cheesy
my sis your question ought to be "what should a woman look for in a min?" Remember my statement is to encourage guys on what to look for in a woman before marriage.
Now to the quoted question, 3 things also should be what a man should have to be good.
(1) he has to be good in bed- so as to reduce infidelity in marriage.
(2) he has to be humble and intelligent- humbleness and intelligence will make he see opportunity in things around him be it work, business, family and friends.
(3) hardworking- i guess you know where hardworking can led one to.
Re: Bad Cooks Don't Make Bad Wives by TheArchangel(f): 5:44pm On Nov 24, 2016
derecho:
Those who want the admiration of their husband and children knows what it means to be married.Grammar will not change the Truth.Only a foolish man will go for a Liability when there is a better option.
A man who gets a virtuous woman is blessed.Read Proverbs 31 and find out the role of wife who deserves the praise of her husband and children.
Yeah!!
Rather it is Virtuous maid.
Keep on living in the years of Proverbs 31 and dreaming of a virtuoso Dame that will pamper and be hailing you at the same time.
Re: Bad Cooks Don't Make Bad Wives by Nobody: 5:47pm On Nov 24, 2016
Empredboy:
my sis your question ought to be "what should a woman look for in a min?" Remember my statement is to encourage guys on what to look for in a woman before marriage.
Now to the quoted question, 3 things also should be what a man should have to be good.
(1) he has to be good in bed- so as to reduce infidelity in marriage.
(2) he has to be humble and intelligent- humbleness and intelligence will make he see opportunity in things around him be it work, business, family and friends.
(3) hardworking- i guess you know where hardworking can led one to.

I agree with no. 1. I do not agree with no. 2 and no. 3.
I would replace humble with self-confident and hardworking with enthusiastic and successful.
Re: Bad Cooks Don't Make Bad Wives by JuanDeDios: 5:50pm On Nov 24, 2016
sisisioge:

I swear! I cook well and even go a step further to present well when I serve but would rather have someone else do the cooking. I don't like staying so long in the kitchen, would rather cook for the year and stock the freezer abeg or not even bother at all!Thank God, I'm not so fussy about food although I'm a foodie grin

To the topic, I agree. However, we are in Africa, a man would be doing himself a grave harm if he marries a bad cook. This is because he most likely isn't a good cook himself, it is expensive to eat out all the time and it is totally unafrican to hire a cook. Your example where the best chefs in the world are men can be easily traced to the western worlds where most families actually eat out. The few ones that cook are either very poor or above average comfortable.

It wouldn't be a bad idea where the man and woman both share the cooking. In fact, it will be really nice but we both know that's a dream with a generic 0.000001% probability of occurrence. In Nigeria, for a long long time more to come, mommy's personal space will include the kitchen!

So, being a bad cook is terrible but surely shouldn't be a criteria in deciding on a spouse. It is a skill easily learnt.
Cooking competitions in Africa are always won by men too!

Anyway, you're right about the realities in this part of the world. Not that cooking would feature much in my criteria for marrying someone. I mean, it's great if she's a great cook, but that is not one of my irreducible mininums. Shebi before I got married, I was eating?
Re: Bad Cooks Don't Make Bad Wives by Nobody: 5:52pm On Nov 24, 2016
Mindfulness:

I agree with you, cooking skills are also appreciated abroad on the European soil. However, OP did not say that women should not know how to cook ,even though the title implies it, but rather that everyone should know how to cook and I agree. What's so difficult about it anyway?

Correct. The purpose of the thread is to encourage men (and everybody) to cook and not to use a woman's cooking skills as yardstick in judging her. I wonder why the purpose is misunderstood.

3 Likes

Re: Bad Cooks Don't Make Bad Wives by Laveda(f): 5:55pm On Nov 24, 2016
RoadsAndGreen:
do you agree that after paying your bride price, knee down in shoprite to propose, do a fine wedding I should still be cooking?

No, I've never been in support of that. cheesy

Except in cases where the woman is sick, then the husband can help, or he just choose to, if not I don't see any reason why the woman would be idle and the man would go inside the kitchen to cook.

If a woman who's up to 30 can't cook well, I wonder what else she's good at, who'll cook the good food for the family? Lol its just ridiculous. grin

1 Like

Re: Bad Cooks Don't Make Bad Wives by Nobody: 5:55pm On Nov 24, 2016
PaperLace:

The OP isn't encouraging women not to cook, he is only saying it doesn't entirely make her a bad wife.

I tire o...

2 Likes

Re: Bad Cooks Don't Make Bad Wives by RoadsAndGreen(m): 5:59pm On Nov 24, 2016
Laveda:

No, I've never been in support of that. cheesy

Except in cases where the woman is sick, then the husband can help, or he just choose to, if not I don't see any reason why the woman would be idle and the man would go inside the kitchen to cook.

If a woman who's up to 30 can't cook well, I wonder what else she's good at, who'll cool the good food for the family? Lol its just ridiculous. grin
you will marry a better husband than me in Jesus name Amen. tonight when am praying night prayer I'll remember to pray for you...
correct babe.

2 Likes

Re: Bad Cooks Don't Make Bad Wives by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 24, 2016
Mindfulness:

Very kind! Get her a Swedish whiskey too. smiley kiss
Thanks mamee
'I love whiskey but I hate alcohol'...hehehe

These guys keep threatening us with remarry.
Is it that important to them if we 'move on' with or without another man?!

They totally ignored the actual aim/purpose of the thread to start firing shots. Nawa o

2 Likes

Re: Bad Cooks Don't Make Bad Wives by Laveda(f): 6:10pm On Nov 24, 2016
RoadsAndGreen:
you will marry a better husband than me in Jesus name Amen. tonight when am praying night prayer I'll remember to pray for you...
correct babe.
hahahaha that's so thoughtful, thanks.

Hope you're okay? cheesy
Re: Bad Cooks Don't Make Bad Wives by RoadsAndGreen(m): 6:16pm On Nov 24, 2016
Laveda:
hahahaha that's so thoughtful, thanks.

Hope you're okay? cheesy
i dey kamkpe. hope you too dey well?
Re: Bad Cooks Don't Make Bad Wives by Nobody: 6:23pm On Nov 24, 2016
PaperLace:

Thanks mamee
'I love whiskey but I hate alcohol'...hehehe

These guys keep threatening us with remarry.
Is it that important to them if we 'move on' with or without another man?!

They totally ignored the actual aim/purpose of the thread to start firing shots. Nawa o

One thing I learned on NL is that men desire need marriage more than women do. grin
Knowledge is power. wink

You do not have to drink it to get drunk, an expensive whiskey is enjoyed in small amounts. It can even kill a grizzly. grin

Cheers my sister! wink
Re: Bad Cooks Don't Make Bad Wives by Nobody: 6:24pm On Nov 24, 2016
DarkRebel101:

Correct. The purpose of the thread is to encourage men (and everybody) to cook and not to use a woman's cooking skills as yardstick in judging her. I wonder why the purpose is misunderstood.

Reading comprehension issues/ laziness. wink

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bad Cooks Don't Make Bad Wives by Laveda(f): 6:25pm On Nov 24, 2016
RoadsAndGreen:
i dey kamkpe. hope you too dey well?

I am. smiley
Re: Bad Cooks Don't Make Bad Wives by Medunah: 6:50pm On Nov 24, 2016
eezeribe:
What else is the function of a wife...
A man provides for everything in the home, some even pay salary to their wife, some wives even find it difficult to wash their husband's clothes.Some husbands even settle for dry cleaners or buy washing machine for their wife(which would also be of benefit to her).
Most husbands leave for work on empty stomach and come back late to meet cold food which has been grudgingly served by the wife or in most cases... The maid
Marriage is a woman's Asset and a Man's Liability
After paying so much as bride price and bearing the cost of the wedding which she made more expensive... At least the least he can get is a good food at home.No wonder the divorce rate keeps going up and Many single and Eligible people don't want marriage commitment.
If Not for Religion, person like me for dey marry and discard any misfit of a wife Annually.

WHAT DO HUSBANDS EVEN GAIN FROM WIVES

everyone is free to voice their opinion. I have just said my opinion like the Op has said his. If you are pained by my comment, Remember there are over 1000 ways to die...CHOOSE ONE
Are u a baby?? Why can't you wash the clothes you wear?? We might as well change ur undies for u too, hian! Stop spewing trash about men only providing for the family, that was eons ago.....these days, all hands are on deck, both the husband and wife work to take care of the family in most cases.
A woman should know how to cook as well as a man. oh and yeah, I just voiced my opinion too

1 Like

Re: Bad Cooks Don't Make Bad Wives by Lexusgs430: 6:50pm On Nov 24, 2016
So long as she can cook assorted in the bedroom department, Ekatte would be employed to cook (only in the kitchen and cooking pots)........
Re: Bad Cooks Don't Make Bad Wives by Nobody: 6:55pm On Nov 24, 2016
DarkRebel101:

No excuse can justify a man that doesn't know how to cook either. Both men and women should know how to cook.

is cooking primary assignment of a man in the family
Re: Bad Cooks Don't Make Bad Wives by piagetskinner(m): 7:02pm On Nov 24, 2016
A lady who cannot cook is a total turn off for me
Re: Bad Cooks Don't Make Bad Wives by chibuzorAbia: 7:15pm On Nov 24, 2016
Learn to do your own cooking or get a maid. Marriage itself is a large scam.
Re: Bad Cooks Don't Make Bad Wives by crazymommy(f): 7:27pm On Nov 24, 2016
babythug:
I feel men in Nigeria and Africa as a whole are inhibited by their mindsets and culture as against being practical!

There have been many occasions where I could be caught up in traffic till late and hubby has returned home early but he won't start dinner or even feed himself because "his wife should do the cooking"

Where of course it's more practical for the men to cook they still won't! Funny thing is African men who live in the diaspora embrace this your school of thought far better than those residing in Africa!!!!
My sister that your last statement is totally false!!!!!!!!go and ask those living there except if the dude did not grow in Africa.......why do you think you still many african men still going back to their country to get married??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Marriage Is Not About Unconditional Love / No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? / Lady Celebrates Her Parent's 34th Wedding Anniversary With These PDA Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.