Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

Bad Cooks Don't Make Bad Wives - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Bad Cooks Don't Make Bad Wives (21201 Views)

Husbands Cooks For His Pregnant Wife, Feeds & Pampers Her In Warri (Photos) / Nigerian Man In US Cooks For His Wife And Children (Photos) / Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bad Cooks Don't Make Bad Wives by kaboninc(m): 9:23am On Nov 25, 2016
Izen:

I don't like to look because like everyone else I have my likes and dislikes. If that makes me lazy, then so be it. Just realize that some people would rather clean, wash than cook and vice versa. Women were not born with genes to love cooking. We are societally conditioned to love it but some of us just never get there. So cut us some slack and try to be empathetic. If you don't love to do something but you're forced to do it, you would see it as a big deal and that is okay.

Baby, try learn how to cook.. ..it's an art and you have so much to gain

1 Like

Re: Bad Cooks Don't Make Bad Wives by Nobody: 9:37am On Nov 25, 2016
DarkRebel101:

Happy cooking...
Bro, I'm with you all the way. The worst part for me is when you hear a guy saying "I cant do groceries". Not only because males generally hate shopping, but because he wouldn't know what to buy.

This would be a person who says thank you when given a plate, picks up a spoon to feed, tastes the food and even has a favourite dish.

Until we reported our big brother for bullying us grin. Rest his naughty self
Re: Bad Cooks Don't Make Bad Wives by TheArchangel(f): 9:55am On Nov 25, 2016
Naijaboiy1:

Your dad should be the first pig brained male.

Cretin! undecided
El tortuga. E pain am grin angry grin

1 Like

Re: Bad Cooks Don't Make Bad Wives by Martartins(m): 10:46am On Nov 25, 2016
What is the point of being a woman if you cant do what other women do. Should men share your responsibility to conceive as well. You either know how to do it or not. If you marry a man who does and is willing to help fine.
Re: Bad Cooks Don't Make Bad Wives by Izen: 11:47am On Nov 25, 2016
kaboninc:

Baby, try learn how to cook.. ..it's an art and you have so much to gain

Please read my comment again. It's so exhausting when people can't differentiate "I don't like to cook" from "I don't know how to cook". Cooking is a basic life skill everyone should learn. So yes, I know how to cook. I just don't like to cook.

2 Likes

Re: Bad Cooks Don't Make Bad Wives by Izen: 11:49am On Nov 25, 2016
Timbuktuo:

Is there any man you know anywhere who was born with genes to provide?

Let's not pretend like you guys do the providing alone lol. That's the biggest lie you can tell yourself.

5 Likes

Re: Bad Cooks Don't Make Bad Wives by Timbuktuo: 1:22pm On Nov 25, 2016
Izen:

Let's not pretend like you guys do the providing alone lol. That's the biggest lie you can tell yourself.

Should we now pretend that you women do the cooking alone, then? Or do you want to now lie that men do not cook? grin

3 Likes

Re: Bad Cooks Don't Make Bad Wives by Izen: 8:23pm On Nov 27, 2016
Timbuktuo:

Should we now pretend that you women do the cooking alone, then? Or do you want to now lie that men do not cook? grin

At least we agree on something. So why do you guys like to argue that you cannot enter kitchen? *yimu* tongue grin
Re: Bad Cooks Don't Make Bad Wives by Timbuktuo: 9:45pm On Nov 27, 2016
Izen:

At least we agree on something. So why do you guys like to argue that you cannot enter kitchen? *yimu* tongue grin

Guys saying they cannot enter the kitchen or cooking isn't their primary responsibility? *gemu
Re: Bad Cooks Don't Make Bad Wives by IRALIFE(f): 1:40pm On Jan 09, 2017
This is such a truism and a fact I often bring to the fore when given the opportunity.
I remember attending a program and we were asked to introduce ourselves and also state our hobbies. I stated my hobbies and was about to continue when a man asked me why cooking was not stated as part of my hobbies. His wife had earlier introduced herself and included cooking as one of her hobbies. I categorically told him that I cook for my family but it is not a hobby. He looked disappointed (I don't know in who or what...lol).My husband was not around to state his own position and even state that cooking/baking is his hobby. He could just buy ingredients and decide to bake fruit bread or even bake with dates. The kitchen is like a lab to him.
There are many instances he takes it on himself to cook. When in the hospital after delivering my first child, the nutritionist suggested that I should take vegetables to enable me lactate. Even though his mum was available to assist, he went home to prepare the vegetable himself. How sweet and caring. I felt loved indeed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Sister Wants Traditional Marriage In The City: Is It Normal? / Mom Drives Away With Her 5-weeks-old Baby On Top Of Car / Lady Praises All Nigerian Men For Staying Strong Despite Challenges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.