Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,777 members, 7,827,869 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

Godwin Obaseki's Gift To Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner In Edo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Godwin Obaseki's Gift To Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner In Edo (18179 Views)

"Buhari Is Fit To Work" - Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner / Paul Arkwright Visits Saraki In African Outfit (Photos) / "Ebonyi Roads Are Best In South-East", Paul Arkwright British High Commissioner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Godwin Obaseki's Gift To Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner In Edo by crisycent: 8:11am On Nov 24, 2016
Caretaker government.....Ize Iyamu our real governor.
Re: Godwin Obaseki's Gift To Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner In Edo by martineinstein(m): 8:14am On Nov 24, 2016
nduchucks:
They could not even install a central air conditioning system in that building? smh
central AC in a small room?..haba! Stop showing ur high level of ignorance and stupidity,recklessly

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godwin Obaseki's Gift To Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner In Edo by Smellymouth: 8:22am On Nov 24, 2016
MidasTouche01:

Smellym.outh, abeg wey that Tiri Gbosa Meme grin

Re: Godwin Obaseki's Gift To Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner In Edo by onunwa21(m): 8:25am On Nov 24, 2016
No sell our juju.....
Re: Godwin Obaseki's Gift To Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner In Edo by AreaFada2: 8:33am On Nov 24, 2016
lomprico:
The ones whey dem tif never do them? U con dey give them another bronze head. angry

I am telling you my brother. Though this is a modern copy.

Except pun intended: una thief our artifacts comot, abi? Look we sabi make many more.

But our leaders head nor correct reach like that.

Abeg make dem nor come turn our people to ogogoro drinker o. I wonder when dem go bring Land rover or a pharmaceutical plant come. cool
Re: Godwin Obaseki's Gift To Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner In Edo by Nobody: 8:36am On Nov 24, 2016
PrettyCrystal:
British High Commissioner to Nigeria, Mr. Paul Arkwright on Wednesday assured Governor Godwin Obaseki of Edo state that his country would assist to woo international companies to drive the economy of Edo state.

The High Commissioner gave the assurance when he paid a courtesy visit to Governor Obaseki in government house.

Mr. Paul Arwright, who said he was in Benin for the commissioning of the New Spirit-Line of Guinness Nigeria PLC, expressed appreciation of the uncommon genuine human gesture of Governor Obaseki for him.

The Diplomat, who disclosed that although Guinness was a British company with an Irish name, said that he will champion Edo State with British Companies to do business.

According to him; "I already feel much at home, this reception touched me very deep down; I will never forget this gesture.

``I am very privileged to take Edo State as my second home. I have been reminded that Edo is the best state in Nigeria and I will find time to visit more and assist to get international investors to invest in Edo State."

"I came for the commissioning of Guinness Spirit-Lines using local produce such as cassava for alcohol.

``I will champion Edo State with British Companies. This will generate jobs for Edo people and drive the economy of the country” he added.

In his remarks, Governor Obaseki reminded High Commissioner Arkwright that this is his second visit to Edo State, assuring him that he has Edo State as his second home. He thanked him for the support, great inspiration and friendship that exists between Nigeria.

He said “I want to thank you for your support, great inspiration and friendship”

The Head of Service, Mrs Gladys Idahor made a presentation to Mr. Paul Arkwright while the Speaker, Edo State House of Assembly, Rt Hon. (Dr) Justin Okonobo proposed the toast to the guest.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2016/11/british-high-commissioner-pays-courtesy.html
lols I hope it not the genuine one from their shrines cos some igbos eh
Re: Godwin Obaseki's Gift To Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner In Edo by victorchimela(m): 8:54am On Nov 24, 2016
nduchucks:
They could not even install a central air conditioning system in that building? smh

Is that your problem?
Re: Godwin Obaseki's Gift To Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner In Edo by columbus007(m): 8:57am On Nov 24, 2016
richidinho:
Is he giving them the remaining Artifacts?

What about the ones they stole in 1890 when i was still a baby? grin
bro we av forgiven them,for they know not what they were doing undecided
Re: Godwin Obaseki's Gift To Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner In Edo by GodwinTobi(m): 9:00am On Nov 24, 2016
Why is that fat man behind smiling sheepishly?? Government dey sweet am..... Is smile looks hypocritical
Re: Godwin Obaseki's Gift To Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner In Edo by keniolawumi56(m): 9:10am On Nov 24, 2016
nduchucks:
The standing A/C is xpensive to the central a/c. I hate Pple that always see fault in everything. Am not from Edo neither am I a politician.
Re: Godwin Obaseki's Gift To Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner In Edo by 0kp0nku: 9:31am On Nov 24, 2016
lomprico:
The ones whey dem tif never do them? U con dey give them another bronze head. angry
Exactly my thought.
Re: Godwin Obaseki's Gift To Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner In Edo by Nobody: 9:53am On Nov 24, 2016
jeeqaa7:
Obaseki obviously hasnt gotten a hang of what being a governor entails .. he is my classmate's dad and i must say .. his son was a block head in sch ... pun intended

in other news

https://www.nairaland.com/3461790/should-mikel-obi-leave-chelsea

please like if mikel should remain in chelsea

share if he should leave chelsea

Godwin does not have a son.. I take it you were in metaphorical spirits grin
Re: Godwin Obaseki's Gift To Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner In Edo by jeeqaa7(m): 9:56am On Nov 24, 2016
i know what i know ... you know what you know ...
you dont always have to be vulgar

cry tongue grin wink
LaEvilIMiss:

Godwin does not have a son.. I take it you were in metaphorical spirits grin
Re: Godwin Obaseki's Gift To Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner In Edo by Nobody: 10:06am On Nov 24, 2016
jeeqaa7:
i know what i know ... you know what you know ...
you dont always have to be vulgar

cry tongue grin wink

... that is not vulgar, maybe insufficient to describe.. i thought you were speaking metaphorically.. as far as i know Betsy had issues.. unless IVF was the route.. oh dear.. you must mean he has a babymama?
Re: Godwin Obaseki's Gift To Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner In Edo by koolaid87: 10:50am On Nov 24, 2016
Frank3n2:
Sorry to say.... The man is UGLY!!

Yes indeed...However, ur woman go suck him prick all day cos he gat cheddaz
Re: Godwin Obaseki's Gift To Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner In Edo by shotster50(m): 12:01pm On Nov 24, 2016
It seems one prerequisite to become Governor of Edo is to be ugly grin
Re: Godwin Obaseki's Gift To Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner In Edo by Frank3n2(m): 12:19pm On Nov 24, 2016
koolaid87:

Yes indeed...However, ur woman go suck him prick all day cos he gat cheddaz

Coward..
Re: Godwin Obaseki's Gift To Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner In Edo by ogunsj: 1:02pm On Nov 24, 2016
lomprico:
no bother yourself e plenty for Benin. igun street the home of bronze casting.
Re: Godwin Obaseki's Gift To Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner In Edo by evansjeff(m): 1:13pm On Nov 24, 2016
nduchucks:
and if you hear an air condition of 2bn Naira was installed in Edo government house, you would still complain. What do some Nigerians really want? Confused set of people.
Re: Godwin Obaseki's Gift To Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner In Edo by Naijiant: 1:58pm On Nov 24, 2016
The British destroyed the Benin Empire and stole artwork and treasures and Obaseki is giving them gifts instead of asking for a return of what they stole!
http://www.naijiant.com/photos/edo-state-governor-godwin-obaseki-gift-paul-arkwright-british-high-commissioner-nigeria/
Re: Godwin Obaseki's Gift To Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner In Edo by Nobody: 8:40pm On Nov 24, 2016
So after stealing Africa dry, this man is still giving out more to the thiefs. All those they stole in Benin then never do?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reuben Abati: Bill Gates As A Wailing Wailer / Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining / Who Is The Best First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.