Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,626 members, 7,865,543 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 08:11 PM

Cross-titutes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cross-titutes (1112 Views)

Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation / PDP Presidential Rally In Calabar, Cross River (Photos) / Government Returns Oil Wells To Cross River (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cross-titutes by Kayor(m): 12:34pm On Jan 07, 2007
Do Polical prostitutes deserve our sympathy? Elected politicians who decamp 2 another political party without first resigning from their office are CROSS-TITUTES and lack credibility, they don't deserve my sympathy or vote. [color=#990000][/color][b][/b]
Re: Cross-titutes by saintchux(m): 1:49pm On Jan 08, 2007
What is then change?

Must I remain in a party if I feel that their Ideology if no more followed. just not to be a prostitute?
Re: Cross-titutes by Mariory(m): 5:55pm On Jan 08, 2007
No. But you should resign the position you achieved through that party before switching to another.
Re: Cross-titutes by DeepSoul(f): 6:41pm On Jan 08, 2007
They may not deserve sympathy but they end up getting some of it anyway! Especially if they were being "oppressed" in their original party.

In my opinion, there's nothin exactly wrong with prostituting if it's done for the right reasons (eg different ideology) but even prostituting has laws governing it, I'm sure! It should be done properly!
Re: Cross-titutes by Kayor(m): 9:04pm On Jan 08, 2007
Change is good if brought about by a change in political ideology, but votes cast 4 a political party should not be taken by an individual or group of persons 2 another party 4 whatever reason. Remember, these votes were cast 4 a party whose ideology that individual or group of persons no longer support. It is a common knowledge that at d level of our democracy, votes are usually cast 4 a political party rather 4 d individual.
'Crosstituting' erodes d democratic will of d people by opening d floodgate to political professionalism whereby, d highest bidder gains and d smaller political parties are eroded.
A politician who carries constituency along should not b afraid 2 test his popularity by seeking a fresh mandate from d electorates under a new party or as an independent. It is a common knowledge that our self acclaimed messiahs are impostors who will stop at nothing 2 occupy and remain in office.
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Cross-titutes by saintchux(m): 8:33am On Jan 09, 2007
One thing with us is that we talk with alot of sentiment

A governor left ANPP and decamped to PDP nothing happend
Some senator left AD decamped to PDP nothing happend

because Atiku decamped to A/C PDP remember joint ticket. But when other where decamping joining them, they did not tell them to resign b/4 joining them.

I don't believe in cheating. since PDP accepted others without them resigning from their party they should accept Atiku's decamping to A/c in good faith.
Re: Cross-titutes by ono(m): 8:44am On Jan 09, 2007
saintchux:

because Atiku decamped to A/C PDP remember joint ticket. But when other where decamping joining them, they did not tell them to resign b/4 joining them.

I don't believe in cheating. since PDP accepted others without them resigning from their party they should accept Atiku's decamping to A/c in good faith.

Good point.
Re: Cross-titutes by Kayor(m): 11:28am On Jan 09, 2007
A wrong is a wrong irrespective of who practices it and should not be condoned. Is it the PDP,AD,AC or whoever,it is still unacceptable because this country is bigger than any person or group irrespective of their political persuasions. sad[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Cross-titutes by Afam(m): 11:57am On Jan 09, 2007
saintchux:

It is not the duty of PDP to ask other politicians that left their parties to join it to resign, it is the responsibilty of the political parties that were dumped.

You started by blaming people for talking based on sentiments but in reality you have failed to even understand whose responsibility it is to ask politicians to vacate their seats if they dump political parties.
Re: Cross-titutes by saintchux(m): 4:52pm On Jan 09, 2007
Afam:

It is not the duty of PDP to ask other politicians that left their parties to join it to resign, it is the responsibilty of the political parties that were dumped.

You started by blaming people for talking based on sentiments but in reality you have failed to even understand whose responsibility it is to ask politicians to vacate their seats if they dump political parties.

I agree with you that it is not the duty of PDP to tell people that join them to resign. But a moral duty which they use to attack Atiku.

AD has asked INEC to declare seat of those that decamped to AC and PDP vacant. What is INEC waiting for? But they declared that of plateau that decamped from PDP to ACD. Why?

Let us look at the following thing that has happened.

AD had factions. INEC recongninsed a faction. Which means the other faction is ilegal. Police did not deem is worthwhile to close the illegal faction secretariat.
They allow them to have parallel conventions and meetings.

ANPP had faction. The same INEC recongnised one faction, which made the other faction illegal. Police did not bother to close down that faction secretariat. They had parallel convention and meetings.

Then some members of PDP formed a faction. INEC recongnised one. Then police sealed the office of the other faction immediately. Why? This is Nigeria for You.

Nigeria will not work unlike OBJ is out. He is 70% of our problem.
Re: Cross-titutes by McKren(m): 5:47pm On Jan 09, 2007
The blaim should go to Nigerian politicians who are so desperate, the moment u dont say what they want to hear they start forming factions here and there. People should stop finding excuses to blaim OBJ. Blaim Nigerian politicians who cant be ethical one bit.
Its not easy being president expecially in a complex country like Nigeria.

Look at how many political parties we have
PDP, PPP, DPPP what is that all about?
None have any values, None

Do you know the implication of having a factional PDP? they can even conduct a parallel election and Nigeria will have two Presidents, what will that translate into? ANARCHY

The issue of police not going after every political party is conflict resolution for you, If INEC not recognising them is enough to silence them why waiste men and resources to go after them?
But that is not the case with PDP, think of a factional PDP with Audu Ogbeh, Solomon Lar, and Atiku Abubakar their head. God knows what will happen.

Thenwe will not have devided presidency but 2 presidents.
Re: Cross-titutes by saintchux(m): 4:41pm On Jan 10, 2007
McKren:

Do you know the implication of having a factional PDP? they can even conduct a parallel election and Nigeria will have two Presidents, what will that translate into? ANARCHY

so PDP is now government. two factions of PDP = 2 governments

so what is happening in Lagos state do we have 2 governors. BT is in AC while Femi is Labour party. In Jigawa where the gvernor decamped to PDP and the deputy stayed put with ANPP did it produce two governors.

What kind of anarchy are u talking about?
Re: Cross-titutes by McKren(m): 5:35pm On Jan 10, 2007
Well PDP is the ruling party and the president of Nigeria is the party leader of PDP, a factional PDP means that faction will have there own leader who if not checked can as well refuse to recognise the Government led by the other faction.

Please apply common sense here, that it has happened in Lagos and Jigawa does not make it a norm.
State governments are answerable to federal government and thus when the fedral government neglects the illegal faction they automatically amount to nothing.
The federal government on the otherhand does not take orders from any higher body, not even the UN cos its a matter of choice. Suggesting that the President should sit back and watch Solomon Lar form a factional PDP is a wishful thinking that will not happen. Lar should go on lets see, if he will not find himself in jail.
Re: Cross-titutes by saintchux(m): 9:47am On Jan 11, 2007
McKren:

Well PDP is the ruling party and the president of Nigeria is the party leader of PDP, a factional PDP means that faction will have there own leader who if not checked can as well refuse to recognise the Government led by the other faction.

Please apply common sense here, that it has happened in Lagos and Jigawa does not make it a norm.
State governments are answerable to federal government and thus when the fedral government neglects the illegal faction they automatically amount to nothing.
The federal government on the otherhand does not take orders from any higher body, not even the UN because its a matter of choice. Suggesting that the President should sit back and watch Solomon Lar form a factional PDP is a wishful thinking that will not happen. Lar should go on lets see, if he will not find himself in jail.

are u really in UK? You support illegality in state and condemn it in the federal. Can this happen in UK where u clain you are staying?
Re: Cross-titutes by McKren(m): 10:45am On Jan 11, 2007
no am in ajegunle and how does where I stay affect my opinion or trying to bully me to accept your views
You think any right thinking person no matter where they are will support factions in political parties?

I suggest you go back and read the argument that has transpired between us and then think of who between us is supporting illegality.
The truth is that this is the general problem with all Atiku supporters . No one else knows what is legal in this country except them. Anything else that is not in there favour is illegal. Anything that will not see the emergence of Atiku as president is undemocratic.

I will say it again and again if Solomon Lar goes on with his formation of factional PDP I will be one of those who will sing his farewell song to jail.
Re: Cross-titutes by saintchux(m): 12:33am On Jan 17, 2007
McKren:

no am in ajegunle and how does where I stay affect my opinion or trying to bully me to accept your views
You think any right thinking person no matter where they are will support factions in political parties?

I suggest you go back and read the argument that has transpired between us and then think of who between us is supporting illegality.
The truth is that this is the general problem with all Atiku supporters . No one else knows what is legal in this country except them. Anything else that is not in there favour is illegal. Anything that will not see the emergence of Atiku as president is undemocratic.

I will say it again and again if Solomon Lar goes on with his formation of factional PDP I will be one of those who will sing his farewell song to jail.

Am niether Atiku fan nor OBJ worshipper. I am not in any political party. I don't even intend to join one. But one thing I know is that I will not support person who looks away at evil when it favours him and shout kill him when it is not to his favour.
@ McKren
Please give us reason why there should be no faction in PDP, but ANPP can have 20 factions.
Re: Cross-titutes by McKren(m): 12:43am On Jan 17, 2007
you should rather give us reason why there should be factions at all in any political party.

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Think Of Mr President / The Futility Of Ethnic Chauvinism / Ndi Igbo, Do We Need The Nigerian Government (not A Biafra Thread Lol)?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.