Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,299 members, 7,829,694 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Ndi Igbo, Do We Need The Nigerian Government (not A Biafra Thread Lol)? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndi Igbo, Do We Need The Nigerian Government (not A Biafra Thread Lol)? (1109 Views)

Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria / Uniben4sure Is Not An Igbo,do Not Fall For Her Scam. / Lie: Igbo Do Not Own 70% Of Abuja. All Nigerians Are In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ndi Igbo, Do We Need The Nigerian Government (not A Biafra Thread Lol)? by Ikengawo: 9:18am On Dec 10, 2009
I honestly don't think so.

All the other tribes are battling and belittling each other over things like the nigerian presidency.

why not just let them have it? this about it, when your in nigeria, does the law matter? does what the government says or does affect anyone outside of anger them? occasionally there will be a new road but biko if ppl in the community pitch in they can build that same road. just the rich ppl mind you.
what IS a nigerian president and how does having one of a particular tribe benefit that particular tribal group?

hausas have a near monopoly on government but i can count all the rich hausa men in the world on 1 hand, otherwise it's one of the poorest regions of the world and this is no exaggeration.

Even in my own village. Things owned by the government don't work and nobody listens to the LGC or anyone else if they're saying something that particular nigerian doesn't agree with.

I say let them have stupid seats of empty power like the presidency, we should focus on controlling banking and finance like we're already doing a good job at, because that's where the real power is.

in Igbo land private schools and private institutions that proving what are supposed to be government services function A LOT better then the government alternative, so why not we just ignore the gov completely and stop acting like it matters or effects anything?

I dont even wanna hear about Biafra. This just stupid and wont make a difference.
Re: Ndi Igbo, Do We Need The Nigerian Government (not A Biafra Thread Lol)? by Nobody: 10:17am On Dec 10, 2009
You know what, I have always thought of this.

Igbo's have done well for themselves without the Nigerian Govt.

I honestly do not understand why some people bang on about the national cake that's if there's any and what not.
Re: Ndi Igbo, Do We Need The Nigerian Government (not A Biafra Thread Lol)? by chosen04(f): 10:31am On Dec 10, 2009
So why spoil a very good right up with the line below

Ikengawo:

I dont even wanna hear about Biafra. This just silly and wont make a difference.

Urging contributors not to make it a point of reference in this debate is not same thing as saying "I dont even wanna hear about Biafra". Whats is your point? That you dont want to hear "what millions of our people sacrified their lives fighting for?"
Re: Ndi Igbo, Do We Need The Nigerian Government (not A Biafra Thread Lol)? by obimag(m): 10:33am On Dec 10, 2009
I agree with you, the Ibos have actually done very well in lifting the economy of this nation but remember that with political power the can do much more.
economic power without political power could be dangerous.

A good example is what is happening in the banking industry currently
Re: Ndi Igbo, Do We Need The Nigerian Government (not A Biafra Thread Lol)? by Nobody: 10:44am On Dec 10, 2009
chosen04:

Urging contributors not to make it a point of reference in this debate is not same thing as saying "I dont even wanna hear about Biafra". Whats is your point? That you dont want to hear "what millions of our people sacrified their lives fighting for?"

Ok, Maybe its the choice of words.

If i'm correct, threadstarter is referring to a situation where Biafra is used as bait for every done deed
Re: Ndi Igbo, Do We Need The Nigerian Government (not A Biafra Thread Lol)? by Dede1(m): 5:39pm On Dec 10, 2009
chosen04:

Please my dear chosen04, do not even try to bother your humble self with issues raised by one delinquent efulefu and the pattern of his/her skewed stream of thought.
Re: Ndi Igbo, Do We Need The Nigerian Government (not A Biafra Thread Lol)? by diobi: 6:19pm On Dec 10, 2009
i agree with the poster's point except that we Igbo people must also embrace arms and understand that it is impossible to create and keep wealth without it. Look around the world, the richest countries in the world are the most armed. You think they are fools? ndigbo may make all the money and control all the banks, but one drunken soldier or militant can point a gun and take all that away without any reason whatsoever.
You can have one million dollars but someone with one Ak47 will take all that away. i agree we don't need biafra. i probably agree we don't need nigerias presidency because you only have it for 8 years. but we need our security if we must continue to acquire wealth and keep it. that is why we need arms today.
Re: Ndi Igbo, Do We Need The Nigerian Government (not A Biafra Thread Lol)? by ChapelleS: 6:24pm On Dec 10, 2009
what we need is Igbo presidency in 2015 Join the group on Facebook 'SUPPORT IGBO PRESIDENCY 2015'and Read my discourse on The Ndi Igbo Question In Nigerian Politics in the discussion box/section.It is also here on Nairaland

http://www..php?id=627191857#/group.php?gid=194526769132
Re: Ndi Igbo, Do We Need The Nigerian Government (not A Biafra Thread Lol)? by Ikengawo: 7:09pm On Dec 10, 2009
I too argee we must be well armed. I believe every igbo household should possess 1high grade weapon, it will dramatically curb the kidnapping crisis and enhance our general freedom as a people.

but look that the jews and asians in the US. They were the ones profitting most from america and live the best, but they have never touched the presidency nor have any want to it appears.

i dont see the point of an igbo presidency, i dont think it will help igbo ppl in general cause everyone will keep and eye on the president and if he does one thing to benefit igbos they will cry ethnocentrism or tribalism.

let me have their presidency, we're too smart for that. Lets focus on being the best trained best equipt best educated group in nigeria as we already are cause years on federal dominon hasn't changed the fate of the hausa and yoruba.

we dont have to be the president but if we are the president makers, the top lobbiest and party fiancers we will have power over the presidency that is not victim to term limits or regulation. money is power
Re: Ndi Igbo, Do We Need The Nigerian Government (not A Biafra Thread Lol)? by SapeleGuy: 10:37pm On Dec 10, 2009
Everybody has a right to aspire to the highest office in the land. To exclude yourself from the race because you think it is too hard is a policy based on fear and will eventually lead to the conflict that you are trying to avoid. Stand up for your rights.
Re: Ndi Igbo, Do We Need The Nigerian Government (not A Biafra Thread Lol)? by AndreUweh(m): 11:25pm On Dec 10, 2009
obimag:

I agree with you, the Ibos have actually done very well in lifting the economy of this nation but remember that with political power the can do much more.
economic power without political power could be dangerous.

A good example is what is happening in the banking industry currently

Your contributions are very valuable. Well said. However, you should have emulated other posters who wrote Igbo instead of Ibo.
It will be very welcoming to write Ndigbo instead of Ibos. Do not be offended my brother but we are not in colonial era when the British wrote things the way it suited them.
Re: Ndi Igbo, Do We Need The Nigerian Government (not A Biafra Thread Lol)? by Eziachi: 11:40pm On Dec 10, 2009
SapeleGuy:

Everybody has a right to aspire to the highest office in the land. To exclude yourself from the race because you think it is too hard is a policy based on fear and will eventually lead to the conflict that you are trying to avoid. Stand up for your rights.

I don't think it's because Igbos thinks that its hard but it makes sense to leave the North and Yoruba to finally run Nigeria to the ground without disturbing them.

Why on earth will any sensible Igbo man will want to rule Nigeria, thay may collapse in his hand? and that is what history will remember (the person the light extinguished in his hand).

I bet you that they will sort for an Igbo man when every thing had finally gone to the dogs. Remember the state state of the CBN before Soludo took over? Remember the amount of foreign debt before Ngozi Okonjo Iwuala was begged to come back.

And Once they sorted thing out and stabilizes things, what happened? the usual people came back and now doing all they could to rubbish the works Soludo/Iwuala did.
We tend to forget very quickly.
Re: Ndi Igbo, Do We Need The Nigerian Government (not A Biafra Thread Lol)? by Funkstein(m): 12:12am On Dec 11, 2009
Some of the comments above sadden me, we are all Nigerians in as much as before colonialism Nigeria did not exist, we should be talking as a collective, and whilst I do not agree with the way the colonial powers put us together so we could be at each others throats for eternity, we need to realise this and prove to the world that we are above petty ignorant tribalism, that we will not be handicapped by the legacy left by the British & European pigs who divided and ruled us.
As I said before we all became Nigerians at the same time, let us live with it and thrive of our union to the benefit of all our brothers,
Re: Ndi Igbo, Do We Need The Nigerian Government (not A Biafra Thread Lol)? by Onlytruth(m): 12:31am On Dec 11, 2009
Ikengawo:

hausas have a near monopoly on government but i can count all the rich hausa men in the world on 1 hand, otherwise it's one of the poorest regions of the world and this is no exaggeration.

Even in my own village. Things owned by the government don't work and nobody listens to the LGC or anyone else if they're saying something that particular nigerian doesn't agree with.

I say let them have silly seats of empty power like the presidency, we should focus on controlling banking and finance like we're already doing a good job at, because that's where the real power is.
in Igbo land private schools and private institutions that proving what are supposed to be government services function A LOT better then the government alternative, so why not we just ignore the gov completely and stop acting like it matters or effects anything?

I dont even wanna hear about Biafra. This just silly and wont make a difference.

I don't think Ibeto and other Igbo people whose businesses were ruined by a malicious President Obasanjo would agree with you. We are doing well on our own, but there is nowhere in the world where all public goods are provided only by the private sector. It is just not possible.
Re: Ndi Igbo, Do We Need The Nigerian Government (not A Biafra Thread Lol)? by Onlytruth(m): 12:40am On Dec 11, 2009
Nigeria's Presidency has become a weapon of marginalization and injustice. Not that it won't be good to control it and use it to make some positive changes, but what if the Igbo President is misunderstood by the usual owners of Nigeria's power? Ndigbo are progressive and pushy, which is why Soludo was able to revamp the Mint and CBN, and Okonjo-Iweala was able to push for a debt relief for Nigeria. Mind you, other tribes have held those two posts with no impact for years.

The challenge of having an Igbo President is to accomodate his aggressive progressive agenda. Those responsible for Nigeria's comatose state will fight that (much like they did against Soludo). I don't want another pogrom against us. Those are the reasons behind my belief that Biafra remains a viable option for us. Sorry OP, I had to cover all angles!
Re: Ndi Igbo, Do We Need The Nigerian Government (not A Biafra Thread Lol)? by Onlytruth(m): 12:49am On Dec 11, 2009
For instance I believe that every unemployed Nigerian should be paid anything between 10,000 and 100,000 Naira monthly by the government.

There are many other ideas to implement. By the time the FG finishes paying billions to Nigerians monthly, they would achieve two core objectives:

1-Ensure that small businesses are growing and employing people, because the money will circulate by being in the hands of those who would spend it across the length and breadth of Nigeria, not the few who hijack the money and spend organising sex parties and or.gies.

2-Ensure that there is no extra money in the government coffers for politicians to loot
Re: Ndi Igbo, Do We Need The Nigerian Government (not A Biafra Thread Lol)? by Ikengawo: 9:00am On Dec 11, 2009
why would a person get 10,000 a month from the government and even want to start a business, why not just sit around and keep getting the money, which they will most likely do.

its good to be thinking of these things though
Re: Ndi Igbo, Do We Need The Nigerian Government (not A Biafra Thread Lol)? by SapeleGuy: 2:37pm On Dec 12, 2009
Eziachi:

I don't think it's because Igbos thinks that its hard but it makes sense to leave the North and Yoruba to finally run Nigeria to the ground without disturbing them.

Why on earth will any sensible Igbo man will want to rule Nigeria, thay may collapse in his hand? and that is what history will remember (the person the light extinguished in his hand).

I bet you that they will sort for an Igbo man when every thing had finally gone to the dogs. Remember the state state of the CBN before Soludo took over? Remember the amount of foreign debt before Ngozi Okonjo Iwuala was begged to come back.

And Once they sorted thing out and stabilizes things, what happened? the usual people came back and now doing all they could to rubbish the works Soludo/Iwuala did.
We tend to forget very quickly.

My brother, this is an entirely different sentiment from what the original poster made. The poster is talking about playing Kingmaker.
Kingmakers or 'president makers' are associated with subterfuge and deceit. Such a role for the Igbo or any other ethnicity will lead to mistrust and conflict i.e. 1966 all over again.

We should all embrace self determination and equality for all ethnic groups.
Re: Ndi Igbo, Do We Need The Nigerian Government (not A Biafra Thread Lol)? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Dec 12, 2009
Ethnic harmony wax stronger when there is trust between the various tribes.I respect my tribe as much as i do for others but when a tribe brings problems to the country,then it is my choice to pick good over bad.We all need one another to move this country forward.Until the igbos vote for ethnic unity between it,yoruba,and hausa,and abandon biafra cause,then the igbos can be part and parcel of nigeria government
Re: Ndi Igbo, Do We Need The Nigerian Government (not A Biafra Thread Lol)? by kaiki: 4:53pm On Dec 12, 2009
my people i wouldn"t want anybody to divide on this issue with due respect NDIGBO have contributed very much in so called Nigeria state and suffered so seriously, Ndigbo is the economic backgroud of this country through their business ventures agross the globe even their personnal ideal but still they become a terget in all manner of things in this country why are they afraid of Ndigbo in Nigeria to rule why are they attacking Ndigbo in all part of Nigeria, that they should not defend themselves? NDIGBO should have BIAFRA as their own,

(1) (Reply)

Ohakim Goes To S’court Again Over Agbaso’s Case / ... / Relief From Road Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.