Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,750 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? (25772 Views)

Polytechnic Or College Of Education,which Is Better? / Adedipe Oluwatosin Wins Young Nigerian Scientist Of The Year & N1M Yearly Grant / Ayoola Oguntade And Juliet Eko Win N1m Each At Cowbellpedia Maths Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by OgaTheTop2: 7:39am On Nov 28, 2016
Bigcake:
Nonsense thread, una no get handwork.
As in, early Monday momo and this kain thread dey hit front page I don tire for NL.
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by Nobody: 7:39am On Nov 28, 2016
As Nigeria is concern I will go for number one.
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by MAKABBEY(m): 7:40am On Nov 28, 2016
I will rather go to Skul, money will finish, business may run down but certificate and education still remain. Most of my frnds enter one trade or the other, but they respect me because I am a graduate even though they get little money.
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by AnodaIT(m): 7:40am On Nov 28, 2016
1m is too small to start and sustain a good business. I will rather go to school
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by Sofila: 7:44am On Nov 28, 2016
As for me i prefer option 1 because u can start up a business nd still go to school why am saying dis. U can choose option 2 after going to school to any level d job will not be there because this present naija there are so many graduate in d labour market so my broda what are you saying.
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by Nobody: 7:45am On Nov 28, 2016
free education will be the best option. the guy that chooses 1m for business may not know how to run a successful business and may endup incurring costs and not make meaningful profits
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by oloriooko(m): 7:45am On Nov 28, 2016
wins18:
for those guys that are yet to enter higher institutions, which one will you go for and reasons for making such decission,
lets assume you have a very rich uncle who decided to help you out, but its left for you to chose between this two offers of his:
1. one million to start any business of your choice

2. free Eduction from him to any level you need in the University
Inconclusive cheesy options: one million kini, UK pounds, cool US dollars wink or NGR naira angry
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by sekundosekundo: 7:46am On Nov 28, 2016
Give me the money make I wake comot, he may disappoint me b4 I finish school and they'll call me a drop out.
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by ybalogs(m): 7:47am On Nov 28, 2016
Femsmart:
School over everything.
Money over everything ooo.No be money I dey look for even in school.Just depends on the yardstick set for yourself.In this case I'd obviously go for option 2.
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by sekundosekundo: 7:48am On Nov 28, 2016
uxdesigner:
free education will be the best option. the guy that chooses 1m for business may not know how to run a successful business and may endup incurring costs and not make meaningful profits

The person that put you in school may abandon you halfway and you become a drop out.
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by WomanOfRace(f): 7:48am On Nov 28, 2016
zaragal:

I will pick the money start up Business and still go to school . While I do my business, den when u graduate I will employ you and be paying u salary..... angry

Really? One million? haven't you heard about using a stone to kill two birds?

0ne million is money yet how much is one million? which kind of business for this country? recession period?

Sweetheart, for me i will go for the second o....to PhD level but not in this country and will still combine both if i want by work and study stuff. Abi na my work , sponsorship na them.

1 Like

Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by Mutuwa(m): 7:48am On Nov 28, 2016
the money of course..
everyone goes for what he doesn't have.
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by Emeskhalifa(m): 7:49am On Nov 28, 2016
zaragal:

Y are u taking it personal lol.... cheesy cheesy cheesy..
asin eh..... the bros dey vex ooi cheesy
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by sekundosekundo: 7:49am On Nov 28, 2016
MAKABBEY:
I will rather go to Skul, money will finish, business may run down but certificate and education still remain. Most of my frnds enter one trade or the other, but they respect me because I am a graduate even though they get little money.

Not my type.
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by maursatt: 7:52am On Nov 28, 2016
I would go for education because with time any government such as the one will have now can come with their useless law, then your business is off the ground but my education remains with me any where I go
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by Nobody: 7:52am On Nov 28, 2016
Of course I will go for the second option which has no limits. I don't have to worry about catering for basic amenities such as food, rentage, electricity e.t.c since my uncle has those areas covered.

It would give me a clear head such that I only have to preocuppy myself with studying adequately for my exams.
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by elfakkawy(m): 7:53am On Nov 28, 2016
@zaragal I'm showing interest.
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by superstarDikk(m): 7:53am On Nov 28, 2016
zaragal:

I will pick the money start up Business and still go to school . While I do my business, den when u graduate I will employ you and be paying u salary..... angry
Will u marry me?
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by adegeye38(m): 7:56am On Nov 28, 2016
I will turn that 1 million to a business enterprise that makes about 28 million anually within a year, while attending Noun.

1 Like

Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by seedorfy134(m): 8:00am On Nov 28, 2016
if u can increase d money to 10m, I'll pick Money....... (Owo ni boiz)

if u get money nah u go do d boiz
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by ItzHoludex(m): 8:01am On Nov 28, 2016
k
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by ArewaTech1(m): 8:01am On Nov 28, 2016
elfakkawy:
@zaragal I'm showing interest.
Shege Deeni, I thought you had notime for girls wink
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by MrHenshaw: 8:02am On Nov 28, 2016
wins18:
for those guys that are yet to enter higher institutions, which one will you go for and reasons for making such decission,
lets assume you have a very rich uncle who decided to help you out, but its left for you to chose between this two offers of his:
1. one million to start any business of your choice

2. free Eduction from him to any level you need in the University

y would someone pick 1million naira over university training to any level.Except 1million dollars or pounds since you didn't indicate.
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by skimmy005: 8:03am On Nov 28, 2016
school, cus without education u cant manage ur business well.. d business wont last. but education is forever till eternity
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by Nobody: 8:08am On Nov 28, 2016
zaragal:

Talk is cheap. What is one million naira (roughly 2,000USD)? And please what business will u ll start with such amount that will enable u employ and pay graduates within four years of startup.
Forget what u see on the internet, starting a business isn't as easy as it sounds, not in the frustrating environment called Nigeria
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by Timbuktu14(m): 8:13am On Nov 28, 2016
Vikkie14:
There's no way i'm going to forfeit my future for just a million naira dollars!.... Naira that is suffering from Seizure and Fever coupled with Shivering....never!

With good education, i wont get relegated neither will i be termed an illiterate.

Knowledge keeps evolving and someone who doesn't have formal education won't be able to catch up with the trend and advancement in science and technology to make his business move. Such will only be a Local Champion.
Still same opinion?
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by Unclerukus: 8:17am On Nov 28, 2016
GossipHeart:

Money can buy everything

You can ask Dangote, Mark Zuckerberg, Bill Gates, Donald Trump

To me, education is a waste of time, i went into business without going to the university and years later i know how much i have and some of the people i went to high school with are still looking for jobs
you're so funny and ignorant, apart from Dangote, three of them there at one point went to ivy league universities which are meant for the geniuses. Dangote later went to get a degree at Harvard. It's hard to run mighty empire without going to school or at least being educated (see buhari for example). Mind you , you only see what's in front of you, there are so many career people in Nigeria that would buy your business over and over. just because it works for A doesn't mean it works for B. School is very very important no matter what.
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by eezomatic: 8:17am On Nov 28, 2016
If it's 1 million dollars,I'll go for the cash, but for 1 million naira.....No,
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by ncoolsome(m): 8:18am On Nov 28, 2016
2kaybiel:
I will go for 2, I can get more than that amount after my education if I get a good job.

just my view

"if I get a good job is probability" weren't u taught that a bird in hand is far better than 10 in the bush?
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by oscaruzie(m): 8:18am On Nov 28, 2016
Bigcake:

as in eh, the OP just woke up to wishful thinking this morning....
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by woodmood: 8:21am On Nov 28, 2016
Bigcake:

No better only nonsense my brother. It only confirms that kids have taken over on nairaland.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Forex Crisis: Nigerian Students Abroad Apply To Home Universities / 49-Year-Old UNIJOS Political Science Student Dies Few Days After Graduation / Why Students Fail To Graduate With Good Grades

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.