Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,995 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? (25777 Views)

Polytechnic Or College Of Education,which Is Better? / Adedipe Oluwatosin Wins Young Nigerian Scientist Of The Year & N1M Yearly Grant / Ayoola Oguntade And Juliet Eko Win N1m Each At Cowbellpedia Maths Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by jinneyb(m): 8:23am On Nov 28, 2016
Vikkie14:
There's no way i'm going to forfeit my future for just a million naira.... Naira that is suffering from Seizure and Fever coupled with Shivering....never!

With good education, i wont get relegated neither will i be termed an illiterate.

Knowledge keeps evolving and someone who doesn't have formal education won't be able to catch up with the trend and advancement in science and technology to make his business move. Such will only be a Local Champion.

Lol...local or international champion, at least one is a champion. We all want to be international champions...how funny because most of our wishes are only theoretical in nature cos most of them are almost next to impracticable.

To the thread and your response. The Nigeria we are today...hmmmm...as much as we cherish education, business is coming the order of the day ooo.

Invest the money into business...**wait first before i'm torn apart**, by investing in the business, you'll have had your plans...then after sometimes of yield in your business, you can further with your education.

You don't need to start education instantly with the money, and don't get it twisted, there are people in school and also working. It depends on how smart one is. And how much you can handle the pressure.

Before you can do that though, there must have been something in your head.

My argument is based on the fact that **one wants to further in education** means you have had something before.
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by Nobody: 8:25am On Nov 28, 2016
ncoolsome:

"if I get a good job is probability" weren't u taught that a bird in hand is far better than 10 in the bush?
OK. what can a million naira do in this current economy of Nigeria. IF is probability but it can be 1 if u get job or 0 if still searching.
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by selch(m): 8:31am On Nov 28, 2016
One million what,? Dollars or naira? If it's naira hell no!! I would pick the school, please tell me I'm this country now what kind of business would you do with one million that would give u return ad grow u to be a multimillionaire in 4 years? If u say mmm, Ogun go blind u, #lolx
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by eROCK247(m): 8:32am On Nov 28, 2016
Give me one million o! Nor be every graduate get better work. I knw of graduates(particularly teachers) that are paid 15000. If I start up a business with #1m, by the time u finish d four years course, wait one year for nysc mobilisation and serve for another one year, the business would have been strongly established. Strong enough to even employ graduates and pay dem d minimum wage.
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by johnsonjosbles(m): 8:37am On Nov 28, 2016
2kaybiel:
I will go for 2, I can get more than that amount after my education if I get a good job.

just my view
u just playd fowl, 4me i will take 1m,start buz,then register 4partime program. tho those wit experience wil undstnd the question anyway because manythings are involve, the uncle may die, uncle may change his mind if u offend him, he may go bankrupt, ASU Strike may spoilt show, uncle's wife may become obstacle and many more... 1opurtunity lost can never be regain.
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by johnsonjosbles(m): 8:39am On Nov 28, 2016
eROCK247:
Give me one million o! Nor be every graduate get better work. I knw of graduates(particularly teachers) that are paid 15000. If I start up a business with #1m, by the time u finish d four years course, wait one year for nysc mobilisation and serve for another one year, the business would have been strongly established. Strong enough to even employ graduates and pay dem d minimum wage.
GBAM!
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by wins18(m): 8:41am On Nov 28, 2016
MrHenshaw:

y would someone pick 1million naira over university training to any level.Except 1million dollars or pounds since you didn't indicate.

the currency offer is based on the country you reside, so bro as a Nigerian I think you should opt for naira
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by Nobody: 8:42am On Nov 28, 2016
johnsonjosbles:
u just playd fowl, 4me i will take 1m,start buz,then register 4partime program. tho those wit experience wil undstnd the question anyway because manythings are involve, the uncle may die, uncle may change his mind if u offend him, he may go bankrupt, ASU Strike may spoilt show, uncle's wife may become obstacle and many more... 1opurtunity lost can never be regain.

which biz do you intend to venture in with a million naira and still do part-time program knowing fully well, that part-time consume more money than full time?
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by StarCj(m): 8:42am On Nov 28, 2016
2kaybiel:
I will go for 2, I can get more than that amount after my education if I get a good job.

just my view

in this regime that their no work. start business and you are sure of an organized money Institute then you can go to school.
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by wins18(m): 8:43am On Nov 28, 2016
oloriooko:

Inconclusive cheesy options: one million kini, UK pounds, cool US dollars wink or NGR naira angry
bro make your selection based on your country
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by Nobody: 8:46am On Nov 28, 2016
StarCj:

in this regime that their no work. start business and you are sure of an organized money Institute then you can go to school.
with no work some are still getting good jobs

how about that?
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by Genea(f): 8:48am On Nov 28, 2016
wins18:
Godforbid, what if your helper dies halfway before you graduate or lets assume a serious tragedy struck, what will be your fate then ?
trust fund
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by ElsonMorali: 8:50am On Nov 28, 2016
2kaybiel:

just my view

That why you shouldn't go for the second. @bolded.
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by fergie001: 8:51am On Nov 28, 2016
zaragal:

I will pick the money start up Business and still go to school . While I do my business, den when u graduate I will employ you and be paying u salary..... angry
Calm,cool and collected!Me likey
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by Oladokunst: 8:53am On Nov 28, 2016
Take note everyone.. That MUFASA271 post is a scam. They will collect your recharge card with fake Mtn websites.BEWARE.
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by Nobody: 8:53am On Nov 28, 2016
ElsonMorali:

That why you shouldn't go for the second. @bolded.

what gives the assurance that the biz will thrive in this current economy downturn?
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by Nobody: 8:59am On Nov 28, 2016
sekundosekundo:

The person that put you in school may abandon you halfway and you become a drop out.
one case scenerio cant be all case scenerio. cos u experienced such doesnt mean others will experience same. the person willing to give 1m for business will surely have more than enough to handle education.
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by ElsonMorali: 9:00am On Nov 28, 2016
2kaybiel:

what gives the assurance that the biz will thrive in this current economy downturn?

There's no proviso that you must establish the business in Nigeria. Think Ghana or SA
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by Nobody: 9:00am On Nov 28, 2016
zaragal:

I will pick the money start up Business and still go to school . While I do my business, den when u graduate I will employ you and be paying u salary..... angry

Wise one
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by princeohiku(m): 9:03am On Nov 28, 2016
one million dollars or naira? if it is dollars then what's d essence of going to school because u could always employ the best brains to manage ur business for u.
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by Nobody: 9:06am On Nov 28, 2016
ElsonMorali:

There's no proviso that you must establish the business in Nigeria. Think Ghana or SA

funny you

did you consider what the transport fare will be subtract the fare from a million naira and tell me if the balance can establish you your dream job in one of the countries mentioned by you?
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by maasoap(m): 9:18am On Nov 28, 2016
GossipHeart:

Money can buy everything

You can ask Dangote, Mark Zuckerberg, Bill Gates, Donald Trump

To me, education is a waste of time, i went into business without going to the university and years later i know how much i have and some of the people i went to high school with are still looking for jobs
You are not totally correct. You're saying this to make yourself feel better but deep down, you knew how much it means to miss such an opportunity to have higher levels of education for one reason or the other.
Would you like your children to also take the same path like you? No? That's my point.
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by Topisko: 9:20am On Nov 28, 2016
2kaybiel:

just my view
............. ii i give yu beta slap
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by humbleself242(m): 9:23am On Nov 28, 2016
Dollars or naira?
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by OnyeochaLord: 9:23am On Nov 28, 2016
1 million naira is peanuts! What can you really do with that Look at the exchange rate please
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by Nobody: 9:26am On Nov 28, 2016
Topisko:
............. ii i give yu beta slap
give me one pertinent reason you wan slap me
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by Tbekz(m): 9:27am On Nov 28, 2016
wins18:
for those guys that are yet to enter higher institutions, which one will you go for and reasons for making such decission,
lets assume you have a very rich uncle who decided to help you out, but its left for you to chose between this two offers of his:
1. one million to start any business of your choice

2. free Eduction from him to any level you need in the University

u no specify if na one million naira or one million dollars fa!
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by johnsonjosbles(m): 9:33am On Nov 28, 2016
2kaybiel:

which biz do you intend to venture in with a million naira and still do part-time program knowing fully well, that part-time consume more money than full time?
thats y i mention experience, after graduated frm uni,no job for 5yrs, i started working wt a tiles company,i later brake away and open a shop,i do collect stuck 1m on credits,sell and return,make enuf profits,if i come get 1m, dat means i go get 5m goods frm the company, and i can handle big contract, i fit 4get sch sef, afterall i fit become president wit my waec sef
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by Oyinkhansolamie(f): 9:35am On Nov 28, 2016
education is d best legacy
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by Nobody: 9:35am On Nov 28, 2016
johnsonjosbles:
thats y i mention experience, after graduated frm uni,no job for 5yrs, i started working wt a tiles company,i later brake away and open a shop,i do collect stuck 1m on credits,sell and return,make enuf profits,if i come get 1m, dat means i go get 5m goods frm the company, and i can handle big contract, i fit 4get sch sef, afterall i fit become president wit my waec sef
lolz
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by wasuka14(m): 9:36am On Nov 28, 2016
GossipHeart:

Money can buy everything

You can ask Dangote, Mark Zuckerberg, Bill Gates, Donald Trump

To me, education is a waste of time, i went into business without going to the university and years later i know how much i have and some of the people i went to high school with are still looking for jobs

I keep saying it to those who wish to hear that, the basic thing one need is to learn how to read and write and litte arithemetic. Except you are going for professional courses like, engineering, medicine, geogology etc. Entreprenuership should be more encourage than schooling for certificates.
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by CocoaOla: 9:37am On Nov 28, 2016
princeohiku:
one million dollars or naira? if it is dollars then what's d essence of going to school because u could always employ the best brains to manage ur business for u.
BADOO!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

49-Year-Old UNIJOS Political Science Student Dies Few Days After Graduation / Scholarship Alert: 2015/2016 UNICEF/SPIC Undergraduate Scholarship. / EFCC Returns Stolen N326,000 Back To UNIBEN Student (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.